The Great CT - Community Thread

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
Merry Christmas TNE! What's everyone up to this Christmas? I'm just chilling home with family and friends who are visiting. I'll probably go watch Rogue One tomorrow.
It's now Christmas here as well, so Murray Krissmiss bois 'nd grls.

I'm also just hanging out with family. No theatres here, though. Fortunately I watched Rogue One on opening weekend!

Socar

Imma get Kid Icarus Uprising tomorrow. Could be shit or godsend, I just need to learn how to use touch screen aiming
Its a very interesting game and you'll probably like it and want to play more of it if you can get used to the control scheme.

The air battles are easy to get used to. But its the land battles where the game is in third person mode and you like have to use the touch screen to like move not just around...but the camera as well.

Honestly, if it weren't for those sections, I can easily recommend you to get the game. But really get it. You can adjust the difficulty and on your first playthrough, its forgiving enough to atleast see through it from start to finish.

You'll love the dialogs btw....

Heeeey I think the forums and front page work for me again, how the devil are you lot! If the forums continue to work for me I'll come on here more hah.

Hope everyone's having a good holiday!

You're too kind ;P Never forgot about you lot. I kinda drifted away when the forums stopped working for me for some dumb unexplained reason (just didn't load really), also my competitive Sm4sh has really picked up and is my main hobby now. Lots of time dedicated to that; I travel about going to tournaments and what not. I'm still working and am back in college 2 evenings a week. So life's cool.

What about you Matta? :mlaugh:

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
You guys are amateurs. I ate a big ass piece of prime rib for dinner with mashed potatoes, broccoli, rolls, and then for dessert, it was a piece of carrot cake, and lots and lots of cookies afterwards.

I also just had some white fudge covered Oreos a few minutes ago. I could still eat.

What is wrong with me? :mnerv:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
You guys are amateurs. I ate a big ass piece of prime rib for dinner with mashed potatoes, broccoli, rolls, and then for dessert, it was a piece of carrot cake, and lots and lots of cookies afterwards.

I also just had some white fudge covered Oreos a few minutes ago. I could still eat.

No doudt, you got a tape worm Shoulder.

DarkDepths

For me it's Turkey, Cranberries, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans, Carrots and Peas, Salad, Rolls, Stuffing, to be followed by Apple Pie, Cookies, Tarts, Chocolates, etc until I pass out tonight.

And it begins in just a couple of minutes :mdrool:!

Socar

I wish I got cancer really.

I'm trying to think positive but its like nearly every single individual here has to bash around me and get me into depression.

Ghee, i guess if you got autism, your chances of basic survival in the universe are slim because you're too dumb to even do basic things in life right?

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I wish I got cancer really.

I'm trying to think positive but its like nearly every single individual here has to bash around me and get me into depression.

Ghee, i guess if you got autism, your chances of basic survival in the universe are slim because you're too dumb to even do basic things in life right?
What do you mean, like your co-workers and neighbors bully you for having autism? Whether it's in real life or on the internet you have to ask yourself: "what makes these people better than me?" Usually the answer is, "nothing". But you should still do your part to make things civil between you and those around you.

Nothing like getting up at 2 in the morning, see the snow pile knee high by the door and having to shovel the driveway just so the next morning won't be so bad.

Not sure if all this shoveling is helping me get in better shape or if my pure anger towards it sustains me enough, but I blew through that snow like nothing.

Even though it's boxing day here, Merry Christmas one last time.

Socar

But you should still do your part to make things civil between you and those around you.
But what's the point of that really? I'm tired of being nice all the damn time. I just wanna die and just go straight to hell already. I can't believe I still haven't gotten cancer yet.

Man, Lucky you Iwata-San for escaping life like that thanks to cancer. Had you still been around, people would still bash you here and there complaining that its Iwata that's making Nintendo all doom and gloom.

And lucky for those people who died this year as now their legacies will be forgotten and they can be peaceful.

DarkDepths

But what's the point of that really? I'm tired of being nice all the damn time. I just wanna die and just go straight to hell already. I can't believe I still haven't gotten cancer yet.

Man, Lucky you Iwata-San for escaping life like that thanks to cancer. Had you still been around, people would still bash you here and there complaining that its Iwata that's making Nintendo all doom and gloom.

And lucky for those people who died this year as now their legacies will be forgotten and they can be peaceful.
I think there is a point where you cross from being depressed, to being an ass. You will find support if you stay in the former, but as you veer into the latter, it becomes far less easy.

So many of my family have died of cancer. You think it is a peaceful process? I can tell you it is not. It is hell for them, and for their loved ones.

Life is all we have, and once you move past depression, it becomes worthwhile - I know from experience. You sound like you want to feel sorry for yourself. I've been there too, and eventually I found a path through life that I can live with. I hope you find your path yourself.

But seriously, it is a huge dick move to call sufferers of horrible diseases lucky. A dick move to their memory, and to their living loved ones who went through hell with them.

Socar

But seriously, it is a huge dick move to call sufferers of horrible diseases lucky. A dick move to their memory, and to their living loved ones who went through hell with them.
Oh and I suppose people showed proper respect to Iwata-San at the time of his death? Because I constantly saw comments that people praised him for his time of death. And what about Robin Williams?

I'm willing to bet that people won't give a damn the minute George Lucas or Shigeru Miyamoto pass away because people as of now are bashing them for some dumb reason.

You say families and lives and whatnot and yet none of that really matters if it can't make you happy in the first place. So ok, forget cancer, commiting suicide is probably easier said than done and yet here I am still alive. I don't even know why I'm still around in this stupid planet honestly.

Anything I say gets bashed, anything that I try doing ends up being done terribly, and pleasing my parents still doesn't work out as it should.... Really its like death is pretty much asking me to come with him and escape life itself. I sure wish it happens sooner than later.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
I just cannot tolerate @Socar 's stupid shit anymore.... pretty much everybody here has lost people they love due to cancer, hell, we had a poster on this very board and IGN's who passed away from the horrendous disease.

1. nobody who gets cancer is lucky
2. your self pitying BS has gone well beyond any deserved response with empathy, and right in to full on asshole territory
3. just because somebody faces SOME criticism does not mean they are better off dead... for every person calling for iwata to resign before his death there were 10 people, LIKE ME, and many others here, who deeply respected the man and disagreed with the concept of his resignation... more importantly, most of those who did want him to resign still respected him, at the very least, as a human being... they just disagreed with his priorities.
4. I am a man who takes rejection and negativity poorly, I care far too much about what others think, to the point that it is detrimental to me... but in most cases it is my job to improve that aspect of myself, in most cases the criticisms of others that get me down are fair, and I need to not take them so personally, but even in the cases that the criticisms are not fair, it is on me to deal with it, whether that means tuning them out, or simply not allowing it to get to me.... any person in a public facing position (of any kind or size) will face criticisms, both fair and not... receiving criticism doesn't mean you are better off dead... and people like Iwata knew this well,

I can no longer stomach to deal with your BS here, this is my very fair criticism to you...

get over yourself

Socar

I just cannot tolerate @Socar 's stupid shit anymore.... pretty much everybody here has lost people they love due to cancer, hell, we had a poster on this very board and IGN's who passed away from the horrendous disease.

1. nobody who gets cancer is lucky
2. your self pitying BS has gone well beyond any deserved response with empathy, and right in to full on asshole territory
3. just because somebody faces SOME criticism does not mean they are better off dead... for every person calling for iwata to resign before his death there were 10 people, LIKE ME, and many others here, who deeply respected the man and disagreed with the concept of his resignation... more importantly, most of those who did want him to resign still respected him, at the very least, as a human being... they just disagreed with his priorities.
4. I am a man who takes rejection and negativity poorly, I care far too much about what others think, to the point that it is detrimental to me... but in most cases it is my job to improve that aspect of myself, in most cases the criticisms of others that get me down are fair, and I need to not take them so personally, but even in the cases that the criticisms are not fair, it is on me to deal with it, whether that means tuning them out, or simply not allowing it to get to me.... any person in a public facing position (of any kind or size) will face criticisms, both fair and not... receiving criticism doesn't mean you are better off dead... and people like Iwata knew this well,

I can no longer stomach to deal with your BS here, this is my very fair criticism to you...

get over yourself
Ok so fine, I'll knock off those Cancer jokes then. Still hate life though so there's that. I don't even know what the hell to do from this point other than facing death.

But I'll stop the death stuff here....I don't want to get banned again only to get myself depressed further...

EDIT: As for Iwata-San, I always respected him from the top and never gave up on him. Infact I shouldn't have even mentioned that stupid thing I did just now. But damn I'm mad because I feel like no one will listen to me here on life besides this cancer thing, not even my bloody parents.

I can't even afford basic cost of living so what the hell I'm suppose to do? Getting a real job is what my parents don't want me to do because doing that means I have to give up this one and never see my parents again and be locked in some hostel while doing this here and there.

All I want is people listening to me. Forget about opinions and all that media crap out there but basic stuff like needing a dedicated game maker programmer, needing a better PC so I can use other game engines and play games better suited on PCs. No. All of that is something that even after getting a job for the past one year, NOTHING has happened and I'm LOSING my patience!

.....and I'll stop with that.....I don't want to rage further. I'll admit that what I've spoken here was beyond devilish to you guys...especially when its Christmas. But I'm mad and if this goes on, I don't know how long I can hold on.

Last edited:

Socar

Oh boy...LOOK what happened now! I just got scolded from my dad who paid my fine because somehow, I wasn't aware that I had to pay the credit card debt in due time all because I bought a game using that card and the fine was huge and now he claims that I'm irresponsible and what not all because I had no BLOODY IDEA OF THAT STUPID PAYMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why I like debit cards better. Straight forward pay with no need of forcing yourself to pay this amount in due time after using the damn credit card.

@FriedShoes im sorry you have to wait till Christmas till my boy gets that Sun and galaxy 3DS. I'm so pumped tho because I know that's what he wants! This will be his best Christmas yet!!!

I'll tell y'all more later but I have a 2nd generation Nintendo fan on my hands. My oldest and I have been playing the hell outta Smash together and we have been MH4 together more seriously for awhile now. He's legit real good at Nintendo games, now we're playing better than ever with one another. I've been lovin it
Thats lovely my guy

I used to live high atop a mountain in somewhat centrally situated Western Canada. But that extreme coldness was indeed felt in the North. Now I live close to Vancouver, but am spending holidays with my parents.

I used to work long shifts outdoors and on multiple occasions got to spend 12 hours outside in sub -30C temperatures. Fun fact, growing up, there were only 3 months in the year where we didn't expect snow - June, July, and August. And sometimes it snowed in June.
dark depths indeed

Oh boy...LOOK what happened now! I just got scolded from my dad who paid my fine because somehow, I wasn't aware that I had to pay the credit card debt in due time all because I bought a game using that card and the fine was huge and now he claims that I'm irresponsible and what not all because I had no BLOODY IDEA OF THAT STUPID PAYMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why I like debit cards better. Straight forward pay with no need of forcing yourself to pay this amount in due time after using the damn credit card.
The reason your life sucks is because your mindset is geared toward searching out negativity and sighing about all the things that are missing in your life. Emotionally physically ect.

Worry less about what's going on with anybody else and figure out more or less who you want to be. Whats your ideal version of yourself? Dont have one? Find one that's good for you, then you'll share positive energy with the people around you.

The key to enjoying your life is all in developing a good foundation that will survive the discomfort that you're served. Its there to help you grow. @mattavelle1 knows all about laying down those foundations

From I was young I was obsessed with enjoying my childhood, but I had a fighting streak in me. Decided to keep fighting cause I wanted to grow, but I had to learn to relax and let it happen over time. It'll keep you going. Being relaxed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey @TheAmazingLSB Congrats my friend, hope to see y'all doing well fam

Shoulder

Everyone remembers when Arnie says the famous line, "Get to the choppa!" But what is even more badass is the bit just before that after his buddy gets shot by the Predator, the music changes to this great suspenseful feeling, Arnold is yelling at the girl to run, and fires his assault rifle while shouting. Oh man, that is one of the most badass moments in any Schwarzenegger movie ever.

Skip to min 1:40 to see what I mean:

Is it just me, or do I love it when characters shout and yell like that?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, it fills me with such feels when I see that in movies.

Shoulder

man you would love anime
I have watched some anime in the past, but over the past decade I haven't shown much interest in it. Maybe I need that in my life again.

I remember I used to watch Detective Conan on Adult Swim (when it was called Case Closed) after an old friend from IGN recommended it. Remember watching the movie Appleseed, some of Princess Mononoke, Heavy Metal, and there was this other Anime I remember watching several times, a sci-fi one. It involved a young pilot in this wicked looking airplane, and there was other pilot who could fly the plane with his mind. I cannot remember the name of it, but I'll always remember the scene when the g-forces got too much for the older pilot, and his eyes burst as a result. I believe it was based on an Anime TV show, and then made into a movie, but have no clue.

EDIT: It was not Gundam Wing btw, but I believe it was like that. Still trying to figure it out.

I just played Kid Icarus Uprising and like the title says, a new type of frustration was uprising within me. As I expected, touchscreen aiming is complete bullshit like yahtzee said and the way the camera works is so fundamentally broken and awkward. I have never seen this much camera bullshit since Sonic 06, and that was critically panned a decade ago, but this is a few years ago and people actually say this camera is good. I cannot tell you how many times I died with this camera. Why couldn't they just put this on the Wii U, WHERE THERE IS AN ACTUAL 2ND ANALOG STICK and compel people to buy the Wii U for it, where it is underperforming compared to the 3ds? Anyway, I also had to constantly take breaks because my hand gets too tired from holding the 3ds and also, I find that the dodging mechanic can get too sensitive on the circle pad, which results in some deaths when there are "platforming" sections.

Anyway, I still had fun from all the colorful and various levels throughout the game, but the only difficulty I can face seems to be 4.0 (challenging), but I should be always like that because my game should be challenging. Also, I found the fusing weapons concept to be actually unexpected from a third person shooter and it surprisingly has so much depth compared to other shooters.

For the writing.... Many people find the writing funny as the characters make several references to other nintendo games, which I also got, but I just did not find them that funny as other people said it was. Mostly maybe because I am a cynical asshole, but there are some moments that made me smile, but that's it. Oh, by the way, I fucking love Hades..

Anyway, despite those positive things, my overall frustrations outweigh those, so I would give this game a 6/10

I just played Kid Icarus Uprising and like the title says, a new type of frustration was uprising within me. As I expected, touchscreen aiming is complete bullshit like yahtzee said and the way the camera works is so fundamentally broken and awkward. I have never seen this much camera bullshit since Sonic 06, and that was critically panned a decade ago, but this is a few years ago and people actually say this camera is good. I cannot tell you how many times I died with this camera. Why couldn't they just put this on the Wii U, WHERE THERE IS AN ACTUAL 2ND ANALOG STICK and compel people to buy the Wii U for it, where it is underperforming compared to the 3ds? Anyway, I also had to constantly take breaks because my hand gets too tired from holding the 3ds and also, I find that the dodging mechanic can get too sensitive on the circle pad, which results in some deaths when there are "platforming" sections.

Anyway, I still had fun from all the colorful and various levels throughout the game, but the only difficulty I can face seems to be 4.0 (challenging), but I should be always like that because my game should be challenging. Also, I found the fusing weapons concept to be actually unexpected from a third person shooter and it surprisingly has so much depth compared to other shooters.

For the writing.... Many people find the writing funny as the characters make several references to other nintendo games, which I also got, but I just did not find them that funny as other people said it was. Mostly maybe because I am a cynical asshole, but there are some moments that made me smile, but that's it. Oh, by the way, I fucking love Hades..

Anyway, despite those positive things, my overall frustrations outweigh those, so I would give this game a 6/10
The controls, much like Star Fox Zero, are absolutely horrendous to learn. If, however, you can get the hang of them they are far more reactive that an analogue stick would have been. That said, I still wish the game had used a more conventional control scheme, as very few people will ever be able to enjoy it because of the touch screen controls.

Socar

Yeah...I kinda expected a score like that.

Honestly, the air sections don't take a lot of time getting used to and are very easy to master. Like I said, its those land battles that ruin the fun of this game and if it weren't for those, the game would have been really fun.

Yeah some dialogs aren't fun but there are some that are really funny. Hades is awesome as hell!

But to compare this to Star Fox Zero is an understatement. Zero was on a system that had dual analog controls but Uprising was on a system that had one stick.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
The controls, much like Star Fox Zero, are absolutely horrendous to learn.
I'm not sure I really agree with this. I think people forget what it was like to play a game with a new control system back in the day as well. The first time I played Super Mario 64 on a demo station, I couldn't make it past the first pit of doom in the first Bowser level. I can't remember how many hours had to pass before I was able to point and shoot deliberately in Goldeneye 64. My first Wiimote FPS was Medal of Honor Vanguard, and it was so frustrating (though fun); it took me until Black Ops 2 to find a control system that felt truly comfortable. Compared to those, I really thought nothing of flicking the touchscreen for camera movement in Kid Icarus, or using a gyro to do fine aiming in Star Fox Zero. And like you said, the result is something more reactive than barebones dual analog.

I think the real problem with a lot of these games that have control systems that most people are unfamiliar with is not that the input method is any more difficult than dual analog (if anything, dual analog is the most cumbersome, unintuitive input method of them all, by far), rather it's the lack of any aim assist. If IR, Mouse, Gyros, or even touch screen camera-flicking aiming had aim-assist to the extent that DA games usually get, they would be more readily accepted and adopted by people.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
I have watched some anime in the past, but over the past decade I haven't shown much interest in it. Maybe I need that in my life again.

I remember I used to watch Detective Conan on Adult Swim (when it was called Case Closed) after an old friend from IGN recommended it. Remember watching the movie Appleseed, some of Princess Mononoke, Heavy Metal, and there was this other Anime I remember watching several times, a sci-fi one. It involved a young pilot in this wicked looking airplane, and there was other pilot who could fly the plane with his mind. I cannot remember the name of it, but I'll always remember the scene when the g-forces got too much for the older pilot, and his eyes burst as a result. I believe it was based on an Anime TV show, and then made into a movie, but have no clue.

EDIT: It was not Gundam Wing btw, but I believe it was like that. Still trying to figure it out.
you need to watch One Punch Man... it is abotu a super hero who can take down any enemy with just 1 punch, which ends up being a very boring thing for him, and elaves him disinterested in just about everything...

plus he went bald when he became so powerful

This is the most anal whiny bullshit I've ever heard

If you're not left handed and you cant play this game then you're incompetent. straight up.

And there are left handed people who can play this game superbly lol

Cant believe a pc gamer like muttmouthed lil yachty couldnt even hack it lmao

All you do is spin the camera around, every other aspect of the controls is completely customizeable

Last edited:
The controls, much like Star Fox Zero, are absolutely horrendous to learn. If, however, you can get the hang of them they are far more reactive that an analogue stick would have been. That said, I still wish the game had used a more conventional control scheme, as very few people will ever be able to enjoy it because of the touch screen controls.
Honestly I dont, there's something that will be lost there if they used a different control scheme

It's like you're playing on a globe. Easily the most fun I've ever had with an action game in years, before I played TW101 lol.

It's flawless imo.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
This is the most anal whiny bullshit I've ever heard
If you're not left handed and you cant play this game then you're incompetent. straight up.
And there are left handed people who can play this game superbly lol
Cant believe a pc gamer like muttmouthed lil yachty couldnt even hack it lmao
All you do is spin the camera around, every other aspect of the controls is completely customizeable
I'm Left-handed, was able to learn the controls quickly, and I absolutely loved the game. The stand that comes with the game was a godsend.