The Great CT - Community Thread

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
Here goes:

But what's the point of that really? I'm tired of being nice all the damn time. I just wanna die and just go straight to hell already. I can't believe I still haven't gotten cancer yet.

Man, Lucky you Iwata-San for escaping life like that thanks to cancer. Had you still been around, people would still bash you here and there complaining that its Iwata that's making Nintendo all doom and gloom.

And lucky for those people who died this year as now their legacies will be forgotten and they can be peaceful.
You're a hilarious human. I don't see death as a terrible thing, but neither do I see life that way either. What I do know is that I can't stand intense physical pain and I've come close to chopping off the painful bits or becoming dangerously murderous just to cope with it whenever such pain comes in whatever form. So I can only imagine how much of a mistake wishing for cancer would be for me and everyone else close to whatever I can justify as my hypothetical heart.

Merry 365/2 days until Christmas!
Fixed.

Merry 17 days until full Switch reveal! :msrs:
I look forward to this the most right now. Also gonna purchase the GTX 1050 in January on the PC side of things to kickstart my PC update. The anniversary 3DS zelda theme is the best thing ever, if only for the sfx and music. I can't help but lay down and listen to the menu theme for indefinite times.
This is the most anal whiny bullshit I've ever heard

If you're not left handed and you cant play this game then you're incompetent. straight up.
And there are left handed people who can play this game superbly lol
Cant believe a pc gamer like muttmouthed lil yachty couldnt even hack it lmao
All you do is spin the camera around, every other aspect of the controls is completely customizeable
Just taking this opportunity to say I'm a lefty, because I can.

People need to stop blaming the year for bad events that happened....
It's fun, imo. Something common to complain about. Also, Year of the Monkey, my ass! You've failed me, Chinese zodiac! You had one job!

Ok...I think I just want to express my first impressions of Owlboy....I LOVE IT!

The gameplay is fun, has a very deep story and amazing visuals and breadthtaking soundtrack!

This song here....made me cry like literally......

This game should come for the 3DS.... IT is simply that good!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for moar good OSTs. I'm pretty sure this obsession with music is unhealthy. Into my playlist, it goes.

____

HAPPY FEAST OF WINTERVEI-- erhm, HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!
Here's to broken and fulfilling promises alike; the crippling sorrow, the bottled joys and the wtf moments you can only experience with life....until we die and realise the true essence of the universe isn't 42, but the GLORIOUS and ALMIGHTY CAKE!
ALL HAIL CAKE! THE CAKE HAILS ALL!​

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Happy New Year, TNE!

2016 ended quite nicely for me. One of my best friends got married last night to an amazing woman who has also become a good friend, and I had a great time with my other close local friends at the Mexican-style ceremony and reception, in South padre Island to top it off. The weather was beautiful, and there were a lot of good heart feelings and laughter and drinks all day.

The way I see it, 2017 for me will have to be a year of a lot of effort: putting some real work into making a living off freelance work, putting in real passion and selfless community-building work (which doesn't come easily to me, even though @mattavelle1 has taught me so well) into TNE and EGG, and being willing to put up with the difficulties of traveling from the United State's beard to the northeast to spend time with all kinds of friends, some from college, High School, or TNE.

So I got my work cut out for me, and I'm optimistic about the year. What about you guys? What're your goals for 2017, and what's your outlook for it?

Socar

Here goes:

You're a hilarious human. I don't see death as a terrible thing, but neither do I see life that way either. What I do know is that I can't stand intense physical pain and I've come close to chopping off the painful bits or becoming dangerously murderous just to cope with it whenever such pain comes in whatever form. So I can only imagine how much of a mistake wishing for cancer would be for me and everyone else close to whatever I can justify as my hypothetical heart.
If you don't see death as a terrible thing, then saying the physical pain is horrible is pointless since that is the point of facing death.

Or since I have autism, I don't see the point you're trying to make here...

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Happy New Year, TNE!

2016 ended quite nicely for me. One of my best friends got married last night to an amazing woman who has also become a good friend, and I had a great time with my other close local friends at the Mexican-style ceremony and reception, in South padre Island to top it off. The weather was beautiful, and there were a lot of good heart feelings and laughter and drinks all day.

The way I see it, 2017 for me will have to be a year of a lot of effort: putting some real work into making a living off freelance work, putting in real passion and selfless community-building work (which doesn't come easily to me, even though @mattavelle1 has taught me so well) into TNE and EGG, and being willing to put up with the difficulties of traveling from the United State's beard to the northeast to spend time with all kinds of friends, some from college, High School, or TNE.

So I got my work cut out for me, and I'm optimistic about the year. What about you guys? What're your goals for 2017, and what's your outlook for it?
I'm really looking forward to this year. Like you Jueg my 2016 ended much better than 3/4 of that insanely shit year was. So I'm lookin to ride that momentum into 2017. There are already changes for me in the works.

- I'm takin over the check book for my family. This is something in 17 years I haven't done. With my wife's work being so "brain demanding" this year she started slippin. But like any great couple you step in the carry the load, I'm doin this it's my turn to carry.

- we are implementing a time when we start to excercise as a family. My sons are getting older, and this world isn't makin physical activity any more valued. It starts with me to show my family that it is important and I have to walk the walk.

- changes to the diet are comin and I'll just leave that as that for now.

- my cousin and I see a lot of oppertunitys coming our way in business. We had a terrible year, I'll be lucky I think if I made 30k this year......it just wasent good. Thru that difficulty tho we have got so many more options on what we can do in our company such as building bird baths, or flower planters. We're also seeing those around us getting older and getting closer to being on there way out. The potential to pick up more clients and contractors, AND the possibility of buying our own stone quarry soon.

- Here at TNE continue to work closely with you Jueg and to get back into a real groove with things here. 2016 really thru off a lot in my life and this was one of the places that my time got cut at. I will be patient in this work here but let it come back to me. Great news tho and it will be a benifit to us all I think, Nintendos about to release a new console.

In away I feel like George from Seinfield. "If I do the opposite of everything I have been doin then everything should turn out right". 2016 got me off, and off bad. Really the things I wrote above are "doin the opposite" of what I have been doin. I'm really lookin forward to 2017.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
If you don't see death as a terrible thing, then saying the physical pain is horrible is pointless since that is the point of facing death.

Or since I have autism, I don't see the point you're trying to make here...
Just for the sake of argument, people die all the time without physical pain.

Happy New Year, TNE!

2016 was the year when I became a full-time worker at the company I work at, and basically started my career in construction, and geotechnical engineering. I don't know how long I plan on doing this, but for the foreseeable future at least, I'm getting the ball rolling. I also had the means to buy a new car for myself, which I was also very excited about. As far as what I set out to do, I accomplished the biggest things. There were of course a lot of little things I never got around to, but I'm ok with that in the end. I'm still a flawed person with flawed ideals when is all said and done, but part of life is about learning what those flaws and errors are in your ways, and improving upon it.

As far as this year is concerned, my only goal (if you can call it that) is to meet, and get to know someone. It's one thing if you're someone who has been in and out of relationships your whole life, and are enjoying the single life, but it's different when that is all you've known to be. You feel you're missing out, like that thing everyone has done or been involved in, but you.

Other than that, I don't have many other big prospects in mind, but it's only January 1st, 2017. I have 364 more days to figure it out.

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
I hear ya. At the rate I'm at it would be a few more years, so I'm bumping up monthly payments. The way Newfoundland's e economy is, it's really hard to save money AND pay off loans while living by yourself. So I'm just focusing on one thing now instead of getting nowhere.
I'm not sure what I should do. I know I can pay off earlier if I bump payments, and that will save me thousands in the long run. But I'm also quote content with lower payments, meaning I pay more over time, but have more money at the moment.

Dunno... sucks either way!

I'm not sure what I should do. I know I can pay off earlier if I bump payments, and that will save me thousands in the long run. But I'm also quote content with lower payments, meaning I pay more over time, but have more money at the moment.

It does suck for sure. I'll just say it though, I have $9,000 dollars left on my loan, so for me, one year of penny pinching is worth it in the long run. I spoke with my bank adviser who told me if I put 300 dollars in a savings account each month, by 2020 I'd have 15 grand saved up. But that just goes back to what I said before, trying to balance saving and paying off loans is a hard thing, so I'm gonna get that shit done, then save and hopefully by 2020 I won't be too far behind that.

Shoulder

You could meet in the middle, and allow yourself to pay extra at certain points of the year, but then stick with your normal payments the rest of the time. You'll save some money in the process, and get off your loans sooner, but without paying a lot more extra in interest over time. When I was deciding on what my car loan was going to be, I went with the longer loan (72 months vs. 60) at a slightly high interest, knowing I could always pay a little extra down the road.

EDIT: Just to add to this, I bought my car knowing I could pay it almost all off right away if I wanted to, but it's always better to build up your credit, so I'm going to settle with the monthly payments for awhile, and from time to time, pay extra, and then maybe when I have a few grand left to pay, I might just pay it all off right there. My long-term plan is to have my car paid off before I buy a house.

Last edited:

DarkDepths

It does suck for sure. I'll just say it though, I have $9,000 dollars left on my loan, so for me, one year of penny pinching is worth it in the long run. I spoke with my bank adviser who told me if I put 300 dollars in a savings account each month, by 2020 I'd have 15 grand saved up. But that just goes back to what I said before, trying to balance saving and paying off loans is a hard thing, so I'm gonna get that shit done, then save and hopefully by 2020 I won't be too far behind that.
I've still got about 30k to go. I think my plan is to shift from saving to paying down loans, though. I've managed to save a pretty decent rainy day fund, I think it's time I focused on my loans.

Should find out if I'm getting a raise within a few weeks. If I do, I'll probably just put it all towards the ol' debt.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
What if I started a podcast called The DookieCast... Where me and my guest describe our best stools of the week, and reviewed toilet related products?

It would probably do better than my TV podcast.... :(

TV it is... I am a tr00 podcaster, if people listened I'd be like a sellout

Koenig

The Architect
Looks like I might be out of town (And out of away from Internet access) during the Switch press reveal. I am not too worried about missing the event itself, I am however more concerned about landing a pre-order before they all clog up.

Socar

So a new year has started yeah yeah yeah and yay yay yay and blah blah blah.

New E3 to see, new directs to watch and new games to get is all the life a gamer needs! Screw reality because nobody gives a damn about you. But gaming will make you give a damn about reality for the sake of gaming.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Fun start to the new year:
I was riding with my friend Dennis today. He just bought a brand new car on December 23rd and wanted to show it to me. After lunch, he was taking me home, we're about one block away from where I live, and out of nowhere...
a guy t-boned Dennis's car!

Totally that guy's fault. Was looking at his phone as he pulled out from a parking lot into the road and right into us.

Way too late, we saw the car coming right at us. Like it was in slow motion. Dennis swerved to the right to give the guy room to break or steer away, but since he wasn't looking, he kept coming and accelerating right into us.

We're both mostly okay. Really sore and in pain. Went to doctor, he said all looked okay other than neck and back in severe spasms. Gave me anti-inflammatory meds to take at night.

So, yay.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I was riding with my friend Dennis today. He just bought a brand new car on December 23rd and wanted to show it to me. After lunch, he was taking me home, we're about one block away from where I live, and out of nowhere...

Totally that guy's fault. Was looking at his phone as he pulled out from a parking lot into the road and right into us.

Way too late, we saw the car coming right at us. Like it was in slow motion. Dennis swerved to the right to give the guy room to break or steer away, but since he wasn't looking, he kept coming and accelerating right into us.

We're both mostly okay. Really sore and in pain. Went to doctor, he said all looked okay other than neck and back in severe spasms. Gave me anti-inflammatory meds to take at night.

So, yay.
Atleast your alright and that's what's up. Was Dennis new car totaled?

So, yay.
That sucks. Glad you guys are mostly ok, hope that pain passes soon.
Last year I was rammed into 5 times by terrible drivers, so I can relate there.

Shoulder

So, yay.
First off, glad to hear everyone is ok, and secondly, fuck that asshole.

theMightyME

So, yay.
ughhh people are the worst

theMightyME

I like how for this new years I saw literally no one mention new years resolutions or anything like that lol.
I guess at some point humanity collectively realizes some things just do not work.
I am trying to do them... in a way... I started last year

I created a text file in my dropbox folder and wrote goals for the year.. htings that had been on my mind anyways... grow the site, do more video, get more staff, etc... as well as personal goals... the idea was to basically ignore it for a year, and come back at the end of the year and read it, and see how I did, then make new goals

unfortunately.. I can't find the text file.. lol

but I am trying it again

Roy Kappa

Kirbyfan391 from IGN
I am trying to do them... in a way... I started last year

I created a text file in my dropbox folder and wrote goals for the year.. htings that had been on my mind anyways... grow the site, do more video, get more staff, etc... as well as personal goals... the idea was to basically ignore it for a year, and come back at the end of the year and read it, and see how I did, then make new goals

unfortunately.. I can't find the text file.. lol

but I am trying it again
Well, it's actually convenient you can't find it since you're supposed to be ignoring it...maybe try searching after the end of the year?

Shoulder

I love British panel shows, mostly graham norton
I love his style of bringing in not just one, but up to four or so different celebrities, and not always ones in the same movie and such. Some from across the pond, and others just maybe because they were in the area. It's very interesting seeing these people interact with each other, and perhaps not even a few minutes ago, they have never met each other. The one where Emilia Clarke is sitting next to Matt LeBlanc is particularly adorable because she's quite starstruck, and full of blushing moments. Never watched an episode of GoT, but she's a definite cutie.

theMightyME

I love his style of bringing in not just one, but up to four or so different celebrities, and not always ones in the same movie and such. Some from across the pond, and others just maybe because they were in the area. It's very interesting seeing these people interact with each other, and perhaps not even a few minutes ago, they have never met each other. The one where Emilia Clarke is sitting next to Matt LeBlanc is particularly adorable because she's quite starstruck, and full of blushing moments. Never watched an episode of GoT, but she's a definite cutie.
WUT?!?!

Holy shit, there's another person? It started feeling like I was the only one who didn't watch GoT.

Socar

Hey I need help. Is anyone here a fan of Dragon Quest?

I played the first one and somehow I'm convinced to get another one. But I don't know which one to get and on which platform I should get it on.

I'm considering to get Dragon Quest 8 for the 3DS if it comes out this year....any suggestions?

Socar

Also It would really help if you guys know of a way to listen to video game music besides youtube. My staff is quite irritated when surfing for ost lol!

Shoulder

Just never got around to it, and since I don't have HBO Go (still considering it), I have not watched it. I could of course find "other" ways to watch it, but if the show is good enough, I'll gladly fork up the means to watch HBO shows.

Holy shit, there's another person? It started feeling like I was the only one who didn't watch GoT.

DarkDepths

I don't believe in waiting for New Year's to do a resolution. If you want to better yourself, whether it's quitting a shit habit or starting something that benefits you, you should just do it regardless what the calendar says.
Screw that. I restrict self improvement to one day a year, displays affection to another, and dressing up like a spooky ghost to another. You don't see people wearing sheets over their head whenever it takes their fancy, do you?

The rest of the year is for me to be my miserable old self!