The Great CT - Community Thread

Last night, I had a dream....

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door was re-released on the Switch. Nintendo directly apologized for bastardizing the series (In a Nintendo way), and announced that they were going to return the series to its roots with a dedication to story, characters, and creativity.

And then I the dream ended, and I woke up...

*Sigh*

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door was re-released on the Switch. Nintendo directly apologized for bastardizing the series (In a Nintendo way), and announced that they were going to return the series to its roots with a dedication to story, characters, and creativity.

*Sigh*

Koenig is Phil Connors. Confirmed.

Socar

Does anyone here know game maker studio and is experienced with it? cause I need help on doing certain things on it. Yeah I know the community is there but I don't think they can handle my constant questions.....

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.

*Sigh*

It only took them nine and a half years to admit that Super Mario Galaxy was a different kind of game from Sunshine and 64. So when's nine and a half years from Sticker Star?

It only took them nine and a half years to admit that Super Mario Galaxy was a different kind of game from Sunshine and 64. So when's nine and a half years from Sticker Star?
April, 2022.

The catch is Super Mario Galaxy was a great game in and of its own right, despite being fundamentally different than Mario 64. Sticker Star on the other hand was not a great game, as such the countdown to a good "Paper Mario" game has not even started.

:mcry:

Last edited:

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
Does anyone here know game maker studio and is experienced with it? cause I need help on doing certain things on it. Yeah I know the community is there but I don't think they can handle my constant questions.....
I had a friend who used to dabble with it, although I'm pretty sure he forgot everything. I still suggest you check out the community. Constant questions are a good thing. Just make sure you aren't repeating yourself too much, or asking something that's usually readily available.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
@Karkashan

Youtube informed me that you're playing Doom 3 now. Is this your first time through or not? If not I'm interested in your opinion on it. I picked it up on the last Steam sale but played through Wolfenstein first.

edit: watching your playthrough now, but part 1 so far is just bumming around the station and talking to people
This is my first playthrough. And yeah, part 1 isn't very exciting, lol.

praisegrima

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
I used to use Game Maker quite a bit, but haven't really touched it in probably about 7 years now, aside from various dabbling...

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
so this new Netflix series takes place in (and is named after) the suburban town I grew up and still live in

though I currently live in the shitty part of town, away from the locations seen in the trailer

basically santa clarita is made up of a number of smaller towns

Valencia (which is closest to looking like this... btw it has been in several seaosns of 24, and was even "nuked" which made us laugh)
Newhall (the older part of town, mostly nice, but rustic and old, some parts are a bit slummy, a lot of parks and landmarks and outdoor filming locations too (deadwood and westworld were both filmed at a place there, carnivale)
Saugus (where I grew up, kind of the 80s home area you would see on TV and in movies (which were likely filmed in saugus)... a great example if you are curious is the movie Pump up the Volume which was filmed at my highschool, and in and around the homes and shops in the area, some parts border on Valencia style)
Canyon Country (where I currently live, mostly like the slums of the city, section 8 housing, lots of fast food and liquor stores.. still suburbs, but slummy suburbs)

then we have a few small towns around us that aren't really part of the city officially, but are still basically part of it
Val Verde (a mix of rural and super slums)
Stevensen's Ranch (like Uber Valencia, filled to the brim with the yuppiest yuppies ever)

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they do announce another Fire Emblem on 3DS. I'm sure with all the assets they have already from the 3DS games it wouldn't be too difficult or costly for them to pump out another one. I'm not expecting one or anything, just saying I wouldn't be too surprised.

That said, I really need to start FE Fates Revelation. 3 games at once is a bit much.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Finally restarting Xenoblade (Wii). Was really enjoying it this time. And then, Monolithsoft had to Monolithsoft.

"OK, here's break, in the center of your arts wheel, in black and white. OK, now use break so you can initiate topple. Fill up your gauge and initiate a chain attack; try to match colors in your chain attack. OK, use break against mechs. OK, now you have the Monado and don't need to break first. OK, now you need to break again against mechs with a face. You can only hurt face mechs after toppling them, so you'll have to use the Monado to initiate break, but don't use its art to initiate break. The spot where break used to be is now where the Monado special is. Now break is on the far right. It's also pink. Also you are only using arts to build up your gauge to initiate a chain attack, which is the only way to really topple a face mech. Also you don't match colors with this kind of chain attack, it's pink then green."

Seriously, that happens in like 8 minutes of game during a hectic set piece. C'mon, man.

I'm gonna do it this time (fourth try). I'm gonna see this game through. But gahdam, Monolith.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Finally restarting Xenoblade (Wii). Was really enjoying it this time. And then, Monolithsoft had to Monolithsoft.

"OK, here's break, in the center of your arts wheel, in black and white. OK, now use break so you can initiate topple. Fill up your gauge and initiate a chain attack; try to match colors in your chain attack. OK, use break against mechs. OK, now you have the Monado and don't need to break first. OK, now you need to break again against mechs with a face. You can only hurt face mechs after toppling them, so you'll have to use the Monado to initiate break, but don't use its art to initiate break. The spot where break used to be is now where the Monado special is. Now break is on the far right. It's also pink. Also you are only using arts to build up your gauge to initiate a chain attack, which is the only way to really topple a face mech. Also you don't match colors with this kind of chain attack, it's pink then green."

Seriously, that happens in like 8 minutes of game during a hectic set piece. C'mon, man.

I'm gonna do it this time (fourth try). I'm gonna see this game through. But gahdam, Monolith.
That was exactly why I quit playing it the first time through. But I'm going to make it this time.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
That was exactly why I quit playing it the first time through. But I'm going to make it this time.
We'll do it together, sjm. Compare notes and stuff. I was thinking of doing a gaming diary sort of thing, but that'd probably get boring. A "Let's Play This All Together" would be a good idea, but XBC is too damn long for that.

[On my first playthrough, I quit after that boss. Second, I got through it, but without really doing the proper mechanics; the game sort of let me off the hook, but I wasn't feeling it and let it go. Third, same story, but got to the next Colony before the combat started pissing me off again. I will flippin' make it this time, though.]

sjmartin79

We'll do it together, sjm. Compare notes and stuff. I was thinking of doing a gaming diary sort of thing, but that'd probably get boring. A "Let's Play This All Together" would be a good idea, but XBC is too damn long for that.

[On my first playthrough, I quit after that boss. Second, I got through it, but without really doing the proper mechanics; the game sort of let me off the hook, but I wasn't feeling it and let it go. Third, same story, but got to the next Colony before the combat started pissing me off again. I will flippin' make it this time, though.]
Yes! Let's do it!
I'm actually loving the game now and have made it further than I have before. And the story just keeps getting better.

Edit: And that was exactly when I quit playing my first time too. Funny enough, my love for XCX is what is making me enjoy XC more this time. Because I think I know where the game can go, and I have faith.

In the arts tab of the menu you can re-arrange all the arts location on your arts wheel. That could help.

I focused on my position relative to the enemy. Use back attack on it's back, use the side moves on it's side, etc.
Match up colors to stack damage.
Break will ALWAYS be useful. Break can make your allies attack the Mechs so whenever you can cause break do it. I remember there was three moves that go together, I think break, topple and daze. Topple is great for just letting loose on the enemy.

edit: Should just clarify. An enemy suffering from break can be toppled. A toppled enemy can be dazed. That's how they go together.

I found combat second nature after awhile.

Last edited:

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
In the arts tab of the menu you can re-arrange all the arts location on your arts wheel. That could help.

I focused on my position relative to the enemy. Use back attack on it's back, use the side moves on it's side, etc.
Match up colors to stack damage.
Break will ALWAYS be useful. Break can make your allies attack the Mechs so whenever you can cause break do it. I remember there was three moves that go together, I think break, topple and daze. Topple is great for just letting loose on the enemy.

edit: Should just clarify. An enemy suffering from break can be toppled. A toppled enemy can be dazed. That's how they go together.

I found combat second nature after awhile.
Yeah the other part is that when you inflict Break on an enemy, your teammates will automatically Topple it if they have the ability to do so. If your teammates have Break and Topple they'll even do the whole thing on their own once in a while.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Meanwhile, in Doom 3 -

If you get really close to an enemy you don't have to use as many shotgun shells to kill it- HOLY JESUS WHERE DID THAT PINKY DEMON COME FROM?!?! - and that can come in handy considering you have limited ammo.

praisegrima

sjmartin79

Apparently we're getting 40-60 cm of snow this weekend.

Nice knowing ya TNE
Ouch. I'm sorry. Not to pry, but I don't think I know in what area you live.
Last time I was in 60cm of snow (thanks for the conversion @Shoulder ), it was right before Christmas, and we actually got over 3 feet. Shut down all of Cincinnati. I feel your pain. Stay warm and enjoy some game time.

So I woke up to a thick layer of fog covering the city this morning. That may not seem interesting to many of you, however the catch is where this fog happens to be... I live in New Mexico, we NEVER get fog; it has been 6 years since the last time I saw fog in this state.

sjmartin79

So I woke up to a thick layer of fog covering the city this morning. That may not seem interesting to many of you, however the catch is where this fog happens to be... I live in New Mexico, we NEVER get fog; it has been 6 years since the last time I saw fog in this state.
As we inch closer to this Friday at noon, the laws of nature have begun to rebel...

Tried to watch A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix. I've succeeded, but fuck.
I really dont know if I liked it. I'm gonna say no.
My main problem is this pet peeve that bugged me throughout the show and was constantly perpetuated.
So its not really stated when the show takes place, but you wouldn't exactly guess modern day. However, the writers have a very annoying habit of mentioning modern technology, from smartphones
, the internet, streaming television, etc. It would probably be fine if only the narrator mentioned these, but characters within the story do as well. None of these pieces of tech are used within the show. I get a feeling there are multiple inside jokes being written as well, I spotted a particular dig at Nickelodeon, who adapted some of the books into a movie.

I am impressed to see they found a clone of Emily Browning, at least.

Ouch. I'm sorry. Not to pry, but I don't think I know in what area you live.
Last time I was in 60cm of snow (thanks for the conversion @Shoulder ), it was right before Christmas, and we actually got over 3 feet. Shut down all of Cincinnati. I feel your pain. Stay warm and enjoy some game time.
Newfoundland, i.e. even our meteorologists haven't got a clue

Yeah, apparently it's gonna rain on Sunday.

Best weather for a wedding. Really.

grimabepraised
Wanna trade?

I already preordered the limited edition. Well, the Lady did. And I'm 100% f*cking convinced that when she ordered it, it said it was coming with the coin and map and all that shit. The "Master Edition" came with all that shit PLUS the Master Sword, for £120, but I didn't want the sword so she went for the £90 limited edition with the cool stuff that I wanted. Now that edition is nowhere to be seen?

I already preordered the limited edition. Well, the Lady did. And I'm 100% f*cking convinced that when she ordered it, it said it was coming with the coin and map and all that shit. The "Master Edition" came with all that shit PLUS the Master Sword, for £120, but I didn't want the sword so she went for the £90 limited edition with the cool stuff that I wanted. Now that edition is nowhere to be seen?
looks like the same box us Staters get, dont see why it wouldnt have all the stuff we get.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MS6R9FG

just in case though

nope take that back, just saw that the limited bundle comes with the sword? lol