The Great CT - Community Thread

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Gaiden is a very fun game, so getting a remake, and a translated one at that, is pretty freakin' awesome.

Since this is the third remake in the Fire Emblem series (4th if you count the stripped down version of the first game that was on the super famicom version of Mystery of the Emblem) we may eventually see Genealogy, Thracia, and even our boy Roy's game, Binding Blade.

praisegrima

Socar

I'm gonna rant on Fire Emblem Heroes since well its on mobile and I hate mobile games in general and I still don't see how Nintendo going mobile is helping them in the long run.

So I saw FE Heroes and its like how I expected it to be. Somehow using microtransactions to get the most fun out of it and just not being able to play it fun in the long run. I can just picture this as something that will just be in interest for a few weeks and then just fade out typical for mobile games in general.

Then there's the problem of its visuals. It uses graphics that are typical for games on mobile and lacks on using vibrant colors that the main FE games always have. While I don't mind it too much, the fact that the units are in chibi form and aren't in their original forms just makes this a cheap effort.

Some can argue that phones can't have big characters and all but if Project X Zone was able to do Chrom and Lucina nicely on Pixel art, why not do that same style here? It helps in making the characters look real. Even the GBA games helped make the characters look real.

Then there's the third problem...story. What kind of Story are we expecting here? Is it something like a traditional FE game where stories are to be expected and its gonna be done in a manner based on how stories are told in mobile games that you need to pay X to progress to Y or will game progression be free and you can play it like a traditional FE game with no adds and whatnot?

And lastly, objectives. So far there's only 1 and since maps look short in this game, that doesn't seem to offer much of variety. Where's the dragon veins? What about other objectives like Defend, Escape or press switches?

Infact, where's the weapon durability in this game? Infinite or is it screwed up by microtransactions?

yeah this all sounds pessimistic but its mobile gaming and that market is mostly pessimistic to begin with so I don't care about that part. I'll get the game and try it out if only because I want Nintendo to make some profit out of it but that's just it.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Holy shit that US boxart is so much better than the UK one too. Shit's not even funny, yo.

Well TNE, you got any tips on how best to land myself a US special edition of BotW? Where to order from, that kind of thing?
I don't know if it's sold out or not. Honestly the best thing for TNE could be a buddy system. We get the game and ship it to our friends around the globe.

What do y'all think? I just don't know.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
I don't know if it's sold out or not. Honestly the best thing for TNE could be a buddy system. We get the game and ship it to our friends around the globe.

I think Amazon actually lets your order from other regions by using the country code address.... "amazon.co.uk" for example... never done it though

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
I must admit, this trailer has me invested in the movie. Judging from the first trailer/teaser I thought it was gonna be filled to the brim with angst. Glad to know the cheese just spilled all over it.

The suits are horribly designed by the way. I liked the much simpler, campy design of the originals.

I actually still have an Amazon pre-order intact for the special edition (Not the master edition), although I have no idea how we would transfer that.

I actually still have an Amazon pre-order intact for the special edition (Not the master edition), although I have no idea how we would transfer that.
So you've pre-ordered the BotW special edition, and now... you aren't getting a Switch?

If you don't want the game (as in, you still won't want it later) then I'm sure I could take it off your hands...

So you've pre-ordered the BotW special edition, and now... you aren't getting a Switch?

If you don't want the game (as in, you still won't want it later) then I'm sure I could take it off your hands...
I pre ordered the special edition on Amazon because I wanted to make sure I got an order in before the special editions were sold out; the next day I was able to secure a second pre-order at my local gamestop (No shipping fee) while I was ordering a Switch. Essentially I have two Zelda special edition pre-orders, and have not yet canceled the Amazon version.

I pre ordered the special edition on Amazon because I wanted to make sure I got an order in before the special editions were sold out; the next day I was able to secure a second pre-order at my local gamestop (No shipping fee) while I was ordering a Switch. Essentially I have two Zelda special edition pre-orders, and have not yet canceled the Amazon version.
Don't cancel it! I'll take it, seriously...

No joke, out of all the nintendo games I played on the wiiu, smash 4 is one of my least played ones. Only captain toad " cause it's kind of short" and the kirby game, didn't like it so didn't finish it have a lower play time than it.

I preordered zelda BOTW last year WiiU version, off amazon cause they put it at a discount during i think black friday period.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
If you have ANY love for M.Night's good movies from years past, Split is worth watching.
I am still very giddy from seeing it last night, but yeah ymmv. Don't overspend.
We're going tomorrow night. I don't know why after the times he's screwed me over with movies, but I still have faith in his creativity. Glad to hear it is worth it.

MANGANian

I still have faith in M. Night regardless myself. My favourite movie of his is Signs. Despite the Deus Ex at the end, it was the first film I saw which was legitimately creepy without actually revealing the monster until the very end.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Doom 3 is kind of a weird experience for me. I've gotten so used to checkpoints that to not have them and have the ability to save whenever the hell I want as many times as I want is kinda tripping me up, although I wouldn't say in a bad way or anything.

It's mildly difficult to figure out the proper balance for the amount of times to save, though. Some stages I barely save at all and have so many close calls I think to myself "yeah, I probably should've saved like 3 more times during that". Other stages if I save at all during it it feels like too much because of how quickly I tear through that one section.

grimabepraised

Ah, right. I remember I had the same problem with Splinter Cell Chaos Theory on Xbox. The first two games had checkpoints, then Chaos had the save anywhere feature. It was cool, but frustrating when I forgot to use it and died.

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
Ah, right. I remember I had the same problem with Splinter Cell Chaos Theory on Xbox. The first two games had checkpoints, then Chaos had the save anywhere feature. It was cool, but frustrating when I forgot to use it and died.
Oh man... now you've gone and reminded me of Chaos Theory. It's not my favourite game, but I think it's the game that gripped me the hardest.

It was the only console game I had growing up that actually made me sneakily play well past midnight on a school night. I mean... I played a lot Warioware when I couldn't sleep.

I've been trying to relive it with Splinter Cell games ever since. I've yet to get my fix...

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Well, played a solid 2 and a half hours of Doom 3 tonight, and I've gotten 11 levels out of the way. Since I just have 7 levels left I'm hoping I'll be done with the game tomorrow night (although I don't know how much time I'll have to play considering this weekend is my friend's wedding weekend and that's going to take up an inordinate amount of time).

Think I'll take a break, eat something, then jump on Link's Awakening again since it's been a couple of days.

praisegrima

is there any word on the differences between new zelda on u and zelda on switch?
  • Both launch on the same day, March 3.
  • Both have a frame rate of 30fps.
  • Both versions of the game offer the same content.
  • On a TV, the Nintendo Switch version of the game renders in 900p while the Wii U version renders in 720p.
  • The Nintendo Switch version has higher-quality environmental sounds. As a result, the sound of steps, water, grass, etc. are more realistic and enhance the game’s Open-Air feel.
  • The physical copy of the Wii U version will require 3GB of available memory on the Wii U system or an external drive.
  • Some icons, such as onscreen buttons, differ between the two versions.
  • A Special Edition and Master Edition of the Wii U version are not available.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
  • Both launch on the same day, March 3.
  • Both have a frame rate of 30fps.
  • Both versions of the game offer the same content.
  • On a TV, the Nintendo Switch version of the game renders in 900p while the Wii U version renders in 720p.
  • The Nintendo Switch version has higher-quality environmental sounds. As a result, the sound of steps, water, grass, etc. are more realistic and enhance the game’s Open-Air feel.
  • The physical copy of the Wii U version will require 3GB of available memory on the Wii U system or an external drive.
  • Some icons, such as onscreen buttons, differ between the two versions.
  • A Special Edition and Master Edition of the Wii U version are not available.
thank you!

That can't be real.

...Is what I said 5 times after seeing your post.
I went out repeatedly throughout the day. If I only opened my door now, the drift by my door is around 6 feet.

Speaking of which, I wanna give two shout outs here. I was out shoveling and was about to take another break for super when my neighbour came by with his snowblower and did the end of my driveway where it's really hard since thats what the snow plows dumb in my driveway from the road. Can't say how happy I am about that.

Second one is kark. Last year she told me she wears a scarf to keep snow from blowing down her jacket. This year I started wearing a scarf too, and damn it works wonders.

So yeah. to my neighbour saving me about an hour or so of more shoveling, and to kark for teaching me how to keep my nipples warm.

MANGANian

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm having a huge issue with Nvidia drivers for the 1050ti. Just saying that made me feel violated. I trusted you, Nvidia. I still had all this faith that you're at least less buggy than AMD when it came to drivers. I guess I was wrong.

Right now I'm searching the internet for a solution. If I dare update to the latest drivers my monitor no longer registers a signal and the BSOD happens with a VDR error.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm having a huge issue with Nvidia drivers for the 1050ti. Just saying that made me feel violated. I trusted you, Nvidia. I still had all this faith that you're at least less buggy than AMD when it came to drivers. I guess I was wrong.

Right now I'm searching the internet for a solution. If I dare update to the latest drivers my monitor no longer registers a signal and the BSOD happens with a VDR error.
I've been there, but with AMD of course. I say if you don't need to update your drivers right now, just wait for the next driver update and try again.