The Great CT - Community Thread

Generally speaking Luck had nothing to do with it; most of us simply set down a pre-order right away either online or at a local store. In terms of finance some of us have been setting aside funds for months (if not years) to make sure we had enough to purchase the system once it was made available.

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
Generally speaking Luck had nothing to do with it; most of us simply set down a pre-order right away either online or at a local store. In terms of finance some of us have been setting aside funds for months (if not years) to make sure we had enough to purchase the system once it was made available.
To be fair to @Socar there are currently no plans to sell Switch in India. And going through unofficial channels will likely double the cost.

Additionally, according to an article I read, some journalists in India attempted to get one through Amazon, but couldn't find any suppliers that would ship to India.

Socar

To be fair to @Socar there are currently no plans to sell Switch in India. And going through unofficial channels will likely double the cost.

Additionally, according to an article I read, some journalists in India attempted to get one through Amazon, but couldn't find any suppliers that would ship to India.
You don't get the idea.

I buy games from abroad and I never intend to buy it here from India. This is because of two reasons

1. The games are twice expensive due to importing the games.
2. If you buy games from India, they mostly end up getting pirated so you can't get the original copy and when that happens, your game won't work.

I've encountered this so many times long ago that I ended up just not buying games from India and just use my Dad to buy them from U.A.E/Dubai since the games are cheaper there and that its very often functional with no issues whatsoever.

It also doesn't help that only specific games will be imported so there's not going to be a huge constant supply of games unlike in other countries. Most games that you want to get from India are just not there to get in India. So if you want those type of games, you're best bet is sites like Play-Asia where I managed to get Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy.

But getting and saving the money to get it isn't the real problem here. My dad's egoism is the real problem because he'll simply say no and won't let me buy even if I've saved enough cash. I still to this day haven't gotten a Desktop for like what two years now and its all because my Dad doesn't like the idea of me having a desktop. So with that kind of ego, its obvious why I made that post...because I NOW have to get past his ego inorder for me to get the Switch.

Digging through the internet, and I found a few more little touches in Paper Mario & The Thousand Year Door. that make the game standout to me.

Every time I look back at the game analytically I find layers and layers of depth and polish to what is other was a very a simple game. I never realized how densely packed this game was, and I get the feeling I could write a massive thesis on the game if I put my mind to it. (Seriously considering doing that)

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
If you know Paxton for anything but Frailty, you should have taken his place tbqh
frailty was good, but I know him for a ton of things... he almost single handedly saved agents of shield when he showed up in the second half of the first season, he was brilliant opposite billy bob thorton in a simple plan, the perfect doucebag in weird science, great in stuff like aliens... I loved him in big love, and so on and so on, he is one of those guys who has been so positively prolific that any number of people could love him for any number of things he has done, and they would all be right.

when I think of him I probably think of big love first as that was multiple seasons of tv versus a single 2 hour stint... but then I start thinking back and of course aliens, twister, weird science, a simple plan, the hatfields and mccoys, tombstone, agents of shield season 1, a simple plan frailty and so many others enter the slideshow in my mind

will probably be the biggest loss of 2017... will HOPEFULLY be the biggest loss of 2017

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
frailty was good, but I know him for a ton of things... he almost single handedly saved agents of shield when he showed up in the second half of the first season, he was brilliant opposite billy bob thorton in a simple plan, the perfect doucebag in weird science, great in stuff like aliens... I loved him in big love, and so on and so on, he is one of those guys who has been so positively prolific that any number of people could love him for any number of things he has done, and they would all be right.

when I think of him I probably think of big love first as that was multiple seasons of tv versus a single 2 hour stint... but then I start thinking back and of course aliens, twister, weird science, a simple plan, the hatfields and mccoys, tombstone, agents of shield season 1, a simple plan frailty and so many others enter the slideshow in my mind

will probably be the biggest loss of 2017... will HOPEFULLY be the biggest loss of 2017
well, already proven wrong... in literal terms
http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen.../news-story/927af5d4a75aa4fe7ee9552e6b49d6ff?
RIP

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
Ugh, it hurts me so much that I'm almost always late for a majorly discounted Clip Studio Paint. It's like when I take my eyes off of it, it suddenly goes into discount mode and then leaves me extremely bitter because I only catch it when I can do almost nothing about it.

*Sigh*

I guess there's always next time.

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
Ugh, it hurts me so much that I'm almost always late for a majorly discounted Clip Studio Paint. It's like when I take my eyes off of it, it suddenly goes into discount mode and then leaves me extremely bitter because I only catch it when I can do almost nothing about it.

*Sigh*

I guess there's always next time.
I had no clue you were looking around for it. I get the emails in my inbox all the time. I'll make sure to PM you when it goes on sale. I use Clip Studio Paint for all of my ink work nowadays because the brush engine is great.

I still need to get the EX version, but never want to drop the 79 for it lol.

Edit: Whoah, this is post #1000 for me! I don't think I've posted this much on any forum. Nifty.

Last edited:
Would anyone with a steam account like to be gifted a copy of Civ III complete? If so send me a PM, I got a free redemption for one left over from my humble bundle purchase.

EDIT:

Last edited:

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
How exactly did he ruin it?
Added unnecessary changes to the original Trilogy, including, but not limited to:

-Having Greedo shoot first before Han kills him as to not make Han feel so cold-blooded (which is exactly the type of person Han was in the beginning)
-Having Darth Vader yell, "NOOOOO!" just before and as he lifts the Emperor in ROTJ to throws him to his death. It was completely uncalled for
-Replacing Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christensen at the end of ROTJ when Anakin Skywalker is there as ghosts with Yoda and Obi-Won
-And many others

Those are the big ones that I recall off-hand, but there are loads more. And this is only the original Trilogy. When it came time to do the prequels, he gave us a whiney Anakin Skywalker, Jar Jar Binks, midi-chlorians, awkward love story between Anakin and Padmè, overuse of CGI, etc, etc.

That all being said, Lucas sold off the entire franchise to Disney as part of a multi-billion dollar deal, and then gave all the money to charity. So in the end, I can't really hate him much anymore, but he made some questionable choices when it came to the special editions and beyond for the original Trilogy, and a lot of the choices for the Prequels. Now, to be fair, the prequels aren't the worst movies ever made or anything, but when you factor in how much hype there was at the time, because I remember the hype very well. It was insane. When I was young, I really liked the prequels, but as I've gotten older, I've liked them less, but they are still watchable in the end, if not for the hilarity and lulz. When it came time for Episode 7, it would be the first main Star Wars movies that was not helmed by Lucas, and if you ask me, it was everything I thought it would be. Absolutely loved EP7. But, factor in Rogue One, that was just as good, possibly even better than EP7, and that was a spin-off.

Needless to say, what Disney has in store for the future of Star Wars is very encouraging after what Lucas had done. I got the impression that because Lucas became so successful as a result of the trilogy, no one dared question him, and he also did not have his now ex-wife to proofread and make changes to the script, so he just did what he wanted, which is fair enough.

Someone else here could probably make a better case than I did as I'm sort of rushing through this before I head off to work. If I had more time, I would give you more explanation and reasoning.

Socar

Added unnecessary changes to the original Trilogy, including, but not limited to:

-Having Greedo shoot first before Han kills him as to not make Han feel so cold-blooded (which is exactly the type of person Han was in the beginning)
-Having Darth Vader yell, "NOOOOO!" just before and as he lifts the Emperor in ROTJ to throws him to his death. It was completely uncalled for
-Replacing Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christensen at the end of ROTJ when Anakin Skywalker is there as ghosts with Yoda and Obi-Won
-And many others

Those are the big ones that I recall off-hand, but there are loads more. And this is only the original Trilogy. When it came time to do the prequels, he gave us a whiney Anakin Skywalker, Jar Jar Binks, midi-chlorians, awkward love story between Anakin and Padmè, overuse of CGI, etc, etc.

That all being said, Lucas sold off the entire franchise to Disney as part of a multi-billion dollar deal, and then gave all the money to charity. So in the end, I can't really hate him much anymore, but he made some questionable choices when it came to the special editions and beyond for the original Trilogy, and a lot of the choices for the Prequels. Now, to be fair, the prequels aren't the worst movies ever made or anything, but when you factor in how much hype there was at the time, because I remember the hype very well. It was insane. When I was young, I really liked the prequels, but as I've gotten older, I've liked them less, but they are still watchable in the end, if not for the hilarity and lulz. When it came time for Episode 7, it would be the first main Star Wars movies that was not helmed by Lucas, and if you ask me, it was everything I thought it would be. Absolutely loved EP7. But, factor in Rogue One, that was just as good, possibly even better than EP7, and that was a spin-off.

Needless to say, what Disney has in store for the future of Star Wars is very encouraging after what Lucas had done. I got the impression that because Lucas became so successful as a result of the trilogy, no one dared question him, and he also did not have his now ex-wife to proofread and make changes to the script, so he just did what he wanted, which is fair enough.

Someone else here could probably make a better case than I did as I'm sort of rushing through this before I head off to work. If I had more time, I would give you more explanation and reasoning.
Thing is...its just that its his creation so if he feels that this should happen in certain events and this is how the movies should play, then I can't see how people can get angry at him because its his creation and movies are a form of art. Just because people don't like the movie doesn't mean that he should retire and all. Its just insulting to often say stuff like that and this is exactly how irritated I feel when people keep bashing Shigeru Miyamoto and praise Sakurai-San more when majority of game developers ( including me) were inspired by him majority of the times.

Not to mention the amount of disrespect that people gave to Satoru Iwata upon his passing even some of the Nintendo fans as well.

I understand that the entertainment media is targeted towards an audience and they have a certain expectation to some stuff but blaming on the director for a poor release movie is not the way since movies aren't made by directors solely and the same goes for games as well.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I have this idea of mine....

What if you had a bank that stores all your games? Both Physical and Digital?
I wouldnt pay for a service like that, because I have plenty of places to store all my own games.

Now for people with very limited space, I've heard worse ideas.

Socar

Ok I have a favor to ask..what is the best way to backup steam games?

I'm getting a new desktop in a couple of days time so I want to make sure that whatever I do, my save data and the games are there so that it goes ichy peachy.

I originally just copied the whole steam folder and pasted it when my laptop got affected and most of my saves were fine but I'm not sure if this is the safe way to backup steam games....

Shoulder

Thing is...its just that its his creation so if he feels that this should happen in certain events and this is how the movies should play, then I can't see how people can get angry at him because its his creation and movies are a form of art. Just because people don't like the movie doesn't mean that he should retire and all. Its just insulting to often say stuff like that and this is exactly how irritated I feel when people keep bashing Shigeru Miyamoto and praise Sakurai-San more when majority of game developers ( including me) were inspired by him majority of the times.

Not to mention the amount of disrespect that people gave to Satoru Iwata upon his passing even some of the Nintendo fans as well.

I understand that the entertainment media is targeted towards an audience and they have a certain expectation to some stuff but blaming on the director for a poor release movie is not the way since movies aren't made by directors solely and the same goes for games as well.
To put it bluntly, people are an insatiable bunch, and with regards to Star Wars, it's because many of us grew up as young children watching it, being enthralled, and it shaping our childhoods in general. It would be no different than if Robert Zemeckis, who created the Back To The Future Trilogy, just decided that he was going to reshoot the scene where the Libyians are firing at Marty in Delorean, and start throwing bricks at him rather than firing their Ak-47s as to downplay gun violence or something.

You might then say, "Shoulder, that would be a ridiculous change." And I would say, "Welcome to the fucking club." It ultimately makes little sense why some of those changes were made. Don't get me wrong, there were some good changes with regards to some of the special effects, color corrections, and other subtleties, but some just went too far.

Shoulder

That feeling when you hear something funny while surfing the web, trying to hold back your laughter so co-workers don't look at you funny, and then you hear a co-worker say something funny, which causes you to let your entire laughter out all at once. So a mildly chuckle-inducing comment turns into something that almost makes you piss your pants.

Your coworkers still look at you funny, and you failed. Should've just let it out beforehand. It's like trying to hold in a fart for hours, so it keeps building and building, and then when you do let it out, it damn near causes you to shit your pants.

And goddamn it, I was going to post a video of someone farting, but now I'm trying to hold back laughter again. FML, this is a never ending cycle of uncontrollable laughter.

In other news, I am confident that my roommates shit literal bricks (and occasionally anvils) because they clogged the damn toilet beyond my abilities to plunge again.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
In other news, I am confident that my roommates shit literal bricks (and occasionally anvils) because they clogged the damn toilet beyond my abilities to plunge again.
I did this at a buddy's house, except I clogged up both there toilets............with puke.......and didn't come back for a week...........and they left it and made me unclog and clean up this mess after I came back in a week.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Hey CT, s'up, lots of stuff to talk about, can't wait to have some great conversa--
I did this at a buddy's house, except I clogged up both there toilets............with puke.......and didn't come back for a week...........and they left it and made me unclog and clean up this mess after I came back in a week.

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
I had a roommate in college who did this every second day...

So glad to have my own bathroom now.

Shoulder

Reminds me of this story one of my good friends told me once (we'll call him John).

So John, when he was in the Navy, had a group of guys they would hang out all the time, and go to the mall when they could. They went to the mall via a Chevy Astro van that belonged to one of his friends (we'll call him Brian). Now, not only was this Astro van the primary means of transportation, it was also Brian's shaggin' wagon with his girlfriend. Now, more than anything, Brian's dream with his GF was to engage in anal, but she was completely opposed to it for the longest time. When he finally asked one more time, she never did say yes or no, so naturally Brian looked at this as a yes. He then went ahead and purchased some anal beads, and proceeded to prepare himself for his ultimate dream of doing anal with his GF. So one evening, Brian picks up his GF, they park somewhere secluded, and just before they are about to do the deed, Brian pulls out of the anal beads. At first, his GF was completely against the idea, and was a bit pissed off at him. Brian then suggested that maybe he could "warm" her up to it, before doing the real thing. She reluctantly agrees, so as usual, they head over into the back seat area (third row area where the hatch is), she pulls up her skirt, takes off her panties, and Brian proceeds to insert the anal beads.

At first, it was extremely uncomfortable for the both of them, but then a few minutes in...she's starting to get into it. And as she's starting to get into it, Brian also starts getting excited himself. After some more time had passed, the anal beads were at this point fully inserted, and his GF said, "I'm ready." Brian was so giddy at this point, he wasted no time in getting himself in position, and in the process, like trying to pull-start a lawnmower, removed the anal beads as fast as he could. Now, if any of you know anything about physics would know that not only did the anal beads come out, but the entire contents of her colon also had escaped as well. As you can imagine, since Brian was directly behind his GF, he gets completely covered in shit. Also, at this point, his GF totally knows what's happening, and her first thought had to have been "Omg, leave the van. Leave the van right now!" So in one motion, she tried hiking up her panties while exiting the van through the side door, and ended up tripping on her way out, smacked her head on the concrete pavement, which cracked it. So think about the situation here: She's bleeding from a cracked forehead, and he's covered in shit. Now, Brian has to drive her to the ER to get multiple stitches, as well as explain to the doctors what had happened.

Later on the evening, John and his buddies are waiting for Brian to show up because they were going to go to the mall, but Brian never showed. They tried calling him, texting, etc, but no answer. So John and his buddies didn't go the mall that evening. Now, this being the Navy, you don't just not show up, so sure enough, Brian is there, and John and his buds are coming up to him, asking what happened, and Brian is as quiet as a mouse. Could not get a single word out of him. It took two weeks for Brian to open up and explain what had happened that night, and as an added bonus, he also "showed" them what happened, because in that two weeks, he never even cleaned the inside of the van out. And as John told me when he was explaining the story to me, I shit you not, there was a definite outline shape of where Brian was, almost like a cartoon in a way. Brian then had the audacity to ask if his buddies could help him clean the inside up. Needless to say, not only did John and his friends not help Brian, but shortly after the anal bead incident, Brian and his GF broke up.

So maybe not quite the same scenario you encountered Matt, but leaving the mess to be cleaned up at a later date made me think of this story. And yes, I shit you not, this really did happen (this time, pun intended).

And I am sick again, right when I thought I kicked last weeks cold in the butt. This is making my efforts to get my projects out of the way before Zelda very difficult.

Shoulder

So @EvilTw1n remember our conversation a couple years ago about boxer briefs? Have you ever tried out MeUndies by any chance? They sound rather comfortable, and I quite like the idea of getting new pairs after a certain period of time. I mean, lets face it. Our goods need to be not only protected, but comfortable as fuck also.

And I am sick again, right when I thought I kicked last weeks cold in the butt. This is making my efforts to get my projects out of the way before Zelda very difficult.
Damn, this Flu season is really taking its toll. A few of my coworkers have gotten sick, and so have some of my friends. For all I know, I'll be getting it by the end of this week, that is until I sidekick that bitch back to from whence it came.

Well my Switch pre-order got cancelled but then I rang up (after being on hold for 1 hour and 22 mins; its cool I had a lil nap) and sorted it out so we still good boys :cool: