The Great CT - Community Thread

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I need to bring my amiibo downstairs for the next time I play... what do you get with non zelda amiibo?
I used my Yoshi amiibo right now to test. I got a steak, two frozen mushrooms, and a stalking mushroom. I don't know if that's what these items are actually called, since I'm playing in spanish.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Yeah, Link from Smash gives you Epona.

However don't do what I did and summon her on the great Plateau, cause that means you can't bring her to the stables down in the plains.

---

Went to the store to pick up a pro controller. Got the last one.

Feels good to be the Queen. Er... Captain. Whatever.
praisegrima

You know what's cool? Trying to go home 4:30 in the morning with -16 wind chill and the car won't start.

Then getting a ride home only to throw up a few hours later from over eating at a potluck.

10/10

Now I'm at the garage again getting a tire fixed and the battery changed. Could probably change the battery myself but since I'm here mind as well.

At least I'm off today, so breath of the wild when I get home

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
You know what's cool? Trying to go home 4:30 in the morning with -16 wind chill and the car won't start.

Then getting a ride home only to throw up a few hours later from over eating at a potluck.

10/10

Now I'm at the garage again getting a tire fixed and the battery changed. Could probably change the battery myself but since I'm here mind as well.

Yeah, I really can't compare to any misfortune I may or may not have had yesterday, so I'll let you have this one. That's why you're are resident Citizen of Rigby.

Hope things are better for you today, buddy! :mthumb:

Yeah, I really can't compare to any misfortune I may or may not have had yesterday, so I'll let you have this one. That's why you're are resident Citizen of Rigby.

Hope things are better for you today, buddy! :mthumb:

Anything bad happen to you?

I'm rotted, but at the end of the day, cars break. Not happy but at least it's fixed now.

And when you get right down to it, throwing up from over eating is such a first world problem

Koenig

The Architect
Yeah, Link from Smash gives you Epona.

However don't do what I did and summon her on the great Plateau, cause that means you can't bring her to the stables down in the plains.

---

Went to the store to pick up a pro controller. Got the last one.

Feels good to be the Queen. Er... Captain. Whatever.
praisegrima
If you change horses at a stable can't they pick her up and put her in said stable?

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!

10/10

RAP'ed for BotW

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Gotta register her first. Which you have to do on horseback.

And since you can't get down from the great plateau on horseback it's kind of pointless.

praisegrima
Can you knock her down with a bomb or a magnetic item or something? Or will she die? If nothing else, maybe disabling amiibos from the options menu will make her disappear so you can summon her somewhere else.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
I'm not too worried about it, to be honest. I've got her safely tucked away at the old man's cabin on the Plateau so I can visit her and pet her when I feel the need to.

praisegrima

This is why I try to limit the amount of open world games I play. I have difficulty putting them down. It happened with Final Fantasy XV, Infamous Second Sun, Rise of the Tomb Raider, now Zelda. If I didn't have work all week I'd fear I'd end up like this.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
This is why I try to limit the amount of open world games I play. I have difficulty putting them down. It happened with Final Fantasy XV, Infamous Second Sun, Rise of the Tomb Raider, now Zelda. If I didn't have work all week I'd fear I'd end up like this.

If that were the case, then I'd say good luck trying to hold the Joy-Cons then.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
So, aside from Switch / BotW stuff...

I saw Logan this weekend. Damn good. It's the first "grimdark" comicbook movie since Nolan-Bats that I liked. Many big, manly tears shed. If you were a fan at all of the heyday of X-Men in the early 90's, this is your payoff movie. Marvel is getting really good with tailoring their material to non-superhero genres. It started with Cap, how they made First Avenger into a WWII-era bit, and then went one better with Winter Soldier and marrying that story to 70's-style espionage thrillers. But Logan might be an even better combination of genres (although I'm not sure if it's a better overall movie).

I saw Logan this weekend. Damn good. It's the first "grimdark" comicbook movie since Nolan-Bats that I liked. Many big, manly tears shed. If you were a fan at all of the heyday of X-Men in the early 90's, this is your payoff movie. Marvel is getting really good with tailoring their material to non-superhero genres. It started with Cap, how they made First Avenger into a WWII-era bit, and then went one better with Winter Soldier and marrying that story to 70's-style espionage thrillers. But Logan might be an even better combination of genres (although I'm not sure if it's a better overall movie).
I'm excited to see Logan.

That said, this was made by Fox, not Disney/Marvel.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
I'm excited to see Logan.

That said, this was made by Fox, not Disney/Marvel.
They're confusing me with this ish now. They're putting that Marvel comic scroll before all of the Fox stuff, which has generally been...not my favorite. So yeah, I can at least say that Logan is easily the best of the non-MCU stuff. By a wide margin. IMO.

(To the casual passerby, I should also qualify about the early 90's X-Men thing. I don't mean the 1991 reshuffling. I mean if you dug into Wolverine post #75/Fatal Attractions to see the character a bit broken down...but all the better for it.)

Last edited:

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
They're confusing me with this ish now. They're putting that Marvel comic scroll before all of the Fox stuff, which has generally been...not my favorite. So yeah, I can at least say that Logan is easily the best of the non-MCU stuff. By a wide margin. IMO.

(To the casual passerby, I should also qualify about the early 90's X-Men thing. I don't mean the 1991 reshuffling. I mean if you dug into Wolverine post #75/Fatal Attractions to see the character a bit broken down...but all the better for it.)
have you seen Deadpool?

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie

Yah, definitely Fox. I don't mind the comic stuff in the Marvel universe, but it says something when their best movies tend to be the ones which doesn't feel like a superhero movie, or the one which embraces the concept entirely. I don't even like Captain America, but they made me appreciate him because of his movies (and dat entire soundtrack that was The Winter Soldier). I'd also like to throw it out there that Civil War was garbage and waste of time, and I probably wouldn't have hated it if it was an Avengers movie instead of a Captain America one.

With that all said and done, Marvel might want to up their villain game, as everyone except for Loki sucked. Thanos is gonna need a lot of work.

I'm not sure if this is a commercial for a videogame or a console, but it's one of the most hilarious things I've seen.

Odo

I have an official announcement:

Kirby is now my favourite 2d platform franchise.

After playing Rainbow Curse, a Kirby title that I wasn't expecting much about, I'm sure that I always end up loving Kirby games, much more than Mario ones. Kirby franchise -- and those wonderful 3DS titles -- feels so fresh and the nature of the character makes everything easy to create a bunch of different and experimental mechanics.

Kirby and Sakurai are the best.

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
So I went to buy myself a Wiiu pro controller on amazon a couple days ago, they're like not even stocked by amazon now, They removed my order from cart when I went to place it. I hope they do get more in stock later and not a case of I was a bit too late to get a backup. I don't have any plans of a switch anytime soon, so i'm relying on my collection of wiiu games to tide me over for awhile. Moving expenses yada, basically irl things coming up. my first pro control is a little janky with the left stick not fully working when I press down. Very noticeable on xenoblade when characters don't run unless I push it down hard.

Edit: I basically don't plan to be buying any more games for a good awhile as a result minus super cheap steam games during a sale, so a second pro controller would be nice, and one of those high capacity gamepad batteries is a must now for me. I'm still using the battery that came with my launch wiiu gamepad, so I don't know how much life is left on that thing at this point. End edit:

Kirby seems to be a series nintendo experiements with, so there are some games I like and others I can't stand. Couldn't force myself to finish canvas curse and that's saying something. I don't often just not finish a game unless I really dislike it. Didn't enjoy epic yarn either, But i did get whatever the highest rating was in each level and all the treasures from the levels but never touched it since.

Last edited:

Socar

I have an official announcement:

Kirby is now my favourite 2d platform franchise.

After playing Rainbow Curse, a Kirby title that I wasn't expecting much about, I'm sure that I always end up loving Kirby games, much more than Mario ones. Kirby franchise -- and those wonderful 3DS titles -- feels so fresh and the nature of the character makes everything easy to create a bunch of different and experimental mechanics.

Kirby and Sakurai are the best.

Yeah. I admire the simplicity behind the franchise really. Infact, this is what a lot of platform games should learn from. Simple games doesn't necessarily mean easy games. It just means simple.

Socar

So now I'm in a mad mood. Mom keeps telling me that I smell when she can't figure out where I smell bad? I have these dark patches on my skin that won't go off at all no matter how hard I scrub on them. She keeps telling me that my chest has dirt when I keep telling her that it is hair that is all grouped together(yeah I have a lot of hair)

And now, I got this big issue. I paid my phone bill in exactly the same way that my dad taught me how to do it and I did not get my phone bill receipt and they still said that I still have to pay my phone bill.

Odo

Yeah. I admire the simplicity behind the franchise really. Infact, this is what a lot of platform games should learn from. Simple games doesn't necessarily mean easy games. It just means simple.
Yes, definitively. It's said that Kirby is just an easy franchise, but it's just simple and the character is also simple --It's a pink ball. But that pink ball can turn into anything and usually Kirby games provides lots of possibilities.

Odo

Kirby seems to be a series nintendo experiements with, so there are some games I like and others I can't stand. Couldn't force myself to finish canvas curse and that's saying something. I don't often just not finish a game unless I really dislike it. Didn't enjoy epic yarn either, But i did get whatever the highest rating was in each level and all the treasures from the levels but never touched it since.
I didn't enjoy Canvas Curse either.

Since New Super Mario Bros Wii, Mario franchise isn't exciting me anymore. I know why: I'm fed up with platformers (speacially 2D ones). I've played too many of them in the last 10 years. However, any time I play Kirby, the game put a smile on my face and I just can't stop playing. My last 2 experiences with Kirb -- Rainbow Curse and Triple Deluxe -- were extraordinary.

I was playing RC and after I'd though that there was anything new in the gameplay (after I had played a few worlds), the cable car stages started. I loved them.

Socar

I didn't enjoy Canvas Curse either.

Since New Super Mario Bros Wii, Mario franchise isn't exciting me anymore. I know why: I'm fed up with platformers (speacially 2D ones). I've played too many of them in the last 10 years. However, any time I play Kirby, the game put a smile on my face and I just can't stop playing. My last 2 experiences with Kirb -- Rainbow Curse and Triple Deluxe -- were extraordinary.

I was playing RC and after I'd though that there was anything new in the gameplay (after I had played a few worlds), the cable car stages started. I loved them.
I wonder just why is it that Kirby seems to be the main reason that you changed your mind about platform games in general. I can understand giving up on Sonic but Mario?

Even Mario games are simplistic in nature. Maybe a little bit complicated than Kirby but still easy going nonetheless.

Platform games to me are my personal favorite since its so easy to just put the game down when completing levels. Its not something like Kid Icarus Uprising where you have to do everything in one sitting. Heck, recent platform games now have handholding options should it come to extreme difficulty.

It also doesn't help that platform games sell a whole lot better than most other genres. I can't recall RPG's doing well these days....well besides Pokemon anyways.

Odo

I wonder just why is it that Kirby seems to be the main reason that you changed your mind about platform games in general. I can understand giving up on Sonic but Mario?

Even Mario games are simplistic in nature. Maybe a little bit complicated than Kirby but still easy going nonetheless.

Platform games to me are my personal favorite since its so easy to just put the game down when completing levels. Its not something like Kid Icarus Uprising where you have to do everything in one sitting. Heck, recent platform games now have handholding options should it come to extreme difficulty.

It also doesn't help that platform games sell a whole lot better than most other genres. I can't recall RPG's doing well these days....well besides Pokemon anyways.
I didn't change my mind yet, I'm still tired of platforming games in general, unless it's Kirby. It's the only title that's still making me playing platform stuff

Is anyone having any of the issues reported for the Switch?
Not me but my experience has been 90% portable mode so I wouldnt have seen anything like joycon signal issues or dock scratches. Anything beyond that, like games not reading or touchscreen not functioning or error screens/glitches, I have personally not seen.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I promise! Tampa is 45 minutes away, and we'll be having high 70s and low 80s while she's here. Typical, gorgeous March weather. (Humidity still isn't high yet.)
If I had the oppertunity to have came I would have made the 45 min trip while she was at the convention. That would have been badass! She told me what a beauty it was there.

@Shoulder YOU KNOW IT!!!

@Odo but only the coolest hipsters

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
the desync issue, I sit about 15 feet away and get frequent desync on my left joycon... it is easy to fix, as I just hold the controller out for a second, but it is annoying, eventually I'll have to get a pro controller
You could also void your warranty and fix it yourself with a bit of copper wire.