The Great CT - Community Thread

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
My icons go far and wide, I saw someone post the Murder Charls one I made and never posted anywhere but I guess imgur, so that was odd.

No no, this is obviously another brooklyn homeboy who thinks he can sully my good avatarmaking skills. Move along, folks :^)
Bro that's the same as your NNID.

Started playing Dark Messiah. I heard mixed things about it but it was made by the makers of Dishonored and some of the blokes who did System Shock 1, Thief 1 & 2, so yeah, kinda had to play this.

Good thing it's a ton of fun so far. I'm a warrior mage.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
I took a complete break from videogames today so I could relax and read fanfiction about videogames.

...I'm not sure if I'm doing this "I need a smol break from the vidya" right.

Ah well.

When I return to playing I'm not sure if I wanna find more shrines in BOTW or take a break with some nice, linear action games.

praisegrima

I took a complete break from videogames today so I could relax and read fanfiction about videogames.

...I'm not sure if I'm doing this "I need a smol break from the vidya" right.

Ah well.

When I return to playing I'm not sure if I wanna find more shrines in BOTW or take a break with some nice, linear action games.

praisegrima
That's why I decided to play Dark Messiah. Just a nice straight forward action RPG that allows me to kick people off cliffs and into spiked walls.

Odo

Lemme sum things up for you humans: don't let Jim's review bother you so much.

He is not fond of giving perfect scores. He's certainly not fond of being one of a universal opinion. He will find whatever there is to critic, even if he has to create an argument. That is not to say he's a terrible critic, as I wouldn't be subscribed to him or bother watching his videos at all, but that he has made his purpose and bias completely clear. So, no matter what sort of review he cooks up, if you know his style enough, you can pick out the stuff which seems applicable to you and deduce the actually useful bits.

In other words, (and this is all my assumptions) he feels like he has to give perspective. Marking down Breath of the Wild will give potential buyers the chance to lower their expectations and help strike a conversation despite the fact that his review doesn't match the score. I'd say his review is similar to that one human who wrote Gamespot's Kingdom Hearts II review. While it's at 8.7 now, the original review when it first came out was sat at 7.5-7.9 and paid heavy focus on KH's button-mashing, near auto-play aspect. The score was stealth-changed after complaints in the comment section.

I don't consider both Jim and the Gamespot Guy to be wrong, because despite having fun with KHII I completely agreed with his gripes, and wondered why everyone else in the comment section hated his guts because the score wasn't up to par with the rest of the community.
I agree that the score of 7 might be too low, based on the things he pointed out. It's like when the review say too many bad things but gives a good score anyway.

My point was that I'm not convinced that he was just hating Zelda and being dishonest by releasing a late review. He and Slate point out mechanics that for them hold the game back even though the game has other great qualities. Any mechanic used on fighting is crucial, because you're going to play the entire game using that said mechanic. If the durability of the weapons is horrible (that's what he said), it could damage the entire gameplay. This sort of affirmation makes sense in a review, IN ANY REVIEW, and that's my point.

Last edited:

Odo

I hope it doesn't sound like a condescending tone toward unpopular viewpoints. It isn't a matter of having a "wrong" opinion. It's simply that some opinions are formulated on more solid ground than others.
I'm the only one with the unpopular viewpoint about the reviews. So it sounds condescending toward me. :p

No biggie. My main points of disagreement are: Metacritc and the purpose of the Slate and Jim reviews.

Metacritic

Metacritic now shows that Zelda is 97, with universal critical acclaim, most shared Switch game of 2017, 86 positive reviews and 3 mixed reviews. So, it clearly means that the game is extraordinary, an uncontested masterpiece. Isn't that wrong? Isn't that right? Metacritic shows exactly what Zelda is. So, I say that Metacritic is not that broken and that uselless and shit like some people say.

Now, tell me, dear friends of TNE, how groundless is my opinion about Metacritic? Do I need to play Zelda to have this opinion?

About the Mixed reviews

My other point is about the mixed reviews of Slate and Jim. I read both of them and based on what they wrote, I'm not convinced that those late mixed reviews were made to hate and destroy Zelda. Slate pointed out about the story of the game and mechanics that make the game not as free as Nintendo sells and Jim mostly says that the weapon durability is in fact a fragility and that it's a pain in the neck during the entire gameplay of Zelda. And in fact in the videos I watched and some friends told me that it's quite annoying to have to change your weapon two or three times in the middle of battle because they break too easily. You can't make your build and can't focus on one type of weapon because they break too much. For me, it's a reasonable affirmation in a review. IN ANY REVIEW OF WHATEVER GAME. It doesn't mean hate nor dishonesty and that's my point.

Do I need to play Zelda before having an opinion about the way the reviewer is elaborating his arguments? Do I need to play Zelda before saying that I'm not convinced that he's hating just for the sake of hate?

About the reviews being late, imagine if I'm a reviewer and Nintendo doesn't give me a copy. I need to buy a copy, play 50 hours and write a review. How can I deliver a review on day one? How can I be dishonest for playing the game after it comes out and then deliver my review 10 days later? Why can't I read other reviews while I write mine?

Tell me guys, anyone, please tell me, do I have to play Zelda before stating this opinion about late reviews?
That's my points of disagreement. I see no big deal. I'm not hating Zelda and I haven't made up my mind about Zelda as MightyMe said. I never said Zelda is shit or Zelda is great. What I said about Zelda and its world based on what I read and watched is here. And what I disagreed about the Jim stuff is here.

Last edited:

Odo

Came in to post this, leaves happy.
Even though Mightme is making a mountain out of a molehill saying that I gonna hate Zelda forever just to say that I'm right about whatever (because I'm this kind of person right? the devil stubborn liar bastard Nintendo hater of the hell :p) I'm sure I gonna love the game.

I don't debate if the mixed reviews are criticising absurd things. You played, you can say that they're being ridiculous. But I can disagree with the viewpoint that they're doing this to destroy the game and that their reviews have no sense whatsoever being a work of Nintendo haters.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'm the only one with the unpopular viewpoint about the reviews. So it sounds condescending toward me. :p

No biggie. My main points of disagreement are: Metacritc and the purpose of the Slate and Jim reviews.

Metacritic

Metacritic now shows that Zelda is 97, with universal critical acclaim, most shared Switch game of 2017, 86 positive reviews and 3 mixed reviews. So, it clearly means that the game is extraordinary, an uncontested masterpiece. Isn't that wrong? Isn't that right? Metacritic shows exactly what Zelda is. So, I say that Metacritic is not that broken and that uselless and shit like some people say.

Now, tell me, dear friends of TNE, how groundless is my opinion about Metacritic? Do I need to play Zelda to have this opinion?

About the Mixed reviews

My other point is about the mixed reviews of Slate and Jim. I read both of them and based on what they wrote, I'm not convinced that those late mixed reviews were made to hate and destroy Zelda. Slate pointed out about the story of the game and mechanics that make the game not as free as Nintendo sells and Jim mostly says that the weapon durability is in fact a fragility and that it's a pain in the neck during the entire gameplay of Zelda. And in fact in the videos I watched and some friends told me that it's quite annoying to have to change your weapon two or three times in the middle of battle because they break too easily. You can't make your build and can't focus on one type of weapon because they break too much. For me, it's a reasonable affirmation in a review. IN ANY REVIEW OF WHATEVER GAME. It doesn't mean hate nor dishonesty and that's my point.

Do I need to play Zelda before having an opinion about the way the reviewer is elaborating his arguments? Do I need to play Zelda before saying that I'm not convinced that he's hating just for the sake of hate?

About the reviews being late, imagine if I'm a reviewer and Nintendo doesn't give me a copy. I need to buy a copy, play 50 hours and write a review. How can I deliver a review on day one? How can I be dishonest for playing the game after it comes out and then deliver my review 10 days later? Why can't I read other reviews while I write mine?

Tell me guys, anyone, please tell me, do I have to play Zelda before stating this opinion about late reviews?
That's my points of disagreement. I see no big deal. I'm not hating Zelda and I haven't made up my mind about Zelda as MightyMe said. I never said Zelda is shit or Zelda is great. What I said about Zelda and its world based on what I read and watched is here. And what I disagreed about the Jim stuff is here.
Yeah your hard to take serious because since Odo made his "Switch" your always gonna take the opposite side. Personally I think you have the right to a negative opinion just like I have the right to a positive one.

On the reviews tho you need to play Zelda. The game is so amazing that the guys who gave low scores I question them as gamers that how game changing this game is. If your any kinda gamer worth there salt you would be in high praise for this game because you as a gamer should want to praise the dev team for something so outta bounds, and you would want all devs to rise to this level.

As a gamer you should expect and want more games like this. Anyone turned away by these guys reviews they have done the entire of the gamin community a disservice. I have weapons now that RARELY break, so much so that I have stock full inventorys and I have to drop weapons before they break. There points by in large are nipicky because you couldn't find anything else wrong.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I don't think Jim Sterling or other low-score reviewers of Breath of the Wild are doing it for clicks, I just think they're genuinely inept. This game comes out that pretty much redefines our expectations for AAA games, but these dudes are so bad at criticism that they fail to recognize it, and they try to apply outdated criticisms to new paradigms. Can you imagine me saying that Ocarina of Time is a mediocre game because you have infinite lives and continues so there's no real sense of challenge? You would laugh me out of these forums. That's what this is like.

These critics may not recognize the advancements made in this game right now, but you bet that come the next open world game, they'll be praising their better parts as "Zelda-ish." At the same time, they'll be criticizing those games by saying they "hold your hand too much," "don't have free-form climbing and it feels like you are glued to the ground," and "there is no sense of scale to this world, and its inhabitants appear lifeless." But for now, they just don't know better than to nitpick at stuff like "weapons can break and I'm not used to having to think about that."

Last edited:

Odo

Yeah your hard to take serious because since Odo made his "Switch" your always gonna take the opposite side.
No doubt Wii U as well as many of the late Nintendo titles made me frustrated and now I think twice before picking up Nintendo stuff, but is it really a given?

Personally I think you have the right to a negative opinion just like I have the right to a positive one.
But this time I don't have a negative opinion. So far, my opinion about the game is positive as I wrote before.

As a gamer you should expect and want more games like this. Anyone turned away by these guys reviews they have done the entire of the gamin community a disservice.
I don't know if it's a disservice to the gaming community when some reviewer use their right to express the negative side. Besides they're too few: 2 mixed reviews on Metacritic. So I think they're doing more a disservice to themselves.

I have weapons now that RARELY break, so much so that I have stock full inventorys and I have to drop weapons before they break. There points by in large are nipicky because you couldn't find anything else wrong.
Good point about the weapons.

Odo

I don't think Jim Sterling or other low-score reviewers of Breath of the Wild are doing it for clicks, I just think they're genuinely inept. This game comes out that pretty much redefines our expectations for AAA games, but these dudes are so bad at criticism that they fail to recognize it, and they try to apply outdated criticisms to new paradigms. Can you imagine me saying that Ocarina of Time is a mediocre game because you have infinite lives and continues so there's no real sense of challenge? You would laugh me out of these forums. That's what this is like.
I rarely read Jim and Slate reviews. So far I've seen some reasonable Jim reviews, so it never crossed my mind that they could be inept. I tried to see their criticisms as things that could hold back the entertainment of the gameplay, because of problems on crucial mechanics.

For example, XCX is another technical masterpiece, one of my favourite games. But its story, some menus and some mechanics make it hard to see the game as near perfect, because said mechanics are omnipresent and it hurts your enjoyment a lot.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
For example, XCX is another technical masterpiece, one of my favourite games. But its story, some menus and some mechanics make it hard to see the game as near perfect, because said mechanics are omnipresent and it hurts your enjoyment a lot.
If anyone knows this, it's me. I've told Matt that Breath of the Wild is "in a way, pretty much XCX, but fun." XCX is not on this game's level man, anyone that has played both can attest to this being far above. I hate that critics have run down the phrase "sets a new standard" to the ground with every Uncharted clone that comes out, because now that the phrase matters, people don't believe it.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Speaking of Zelda, I hadn't considered the possibility of a Zelda game where you play as Old Link. Link who is getting up in his years, possibly an older Link from a previous game.

Obviously, this is just a rendering, and maybe some of the art style could be better, but I can totally picture a Zelda game where you play as an old Link who now sports a beard, and has been traveling the world of Hyrule and beyond for decades now, only to come back.

Nintendo, I want a Zelda game where Link is much older.

Odo

Speaking of Zelda, I hadn't considered the possibility of a Zelda game where you play as Old Link. Link who is getting up in his years, possibly an older Link from a previous game.

Obviously, this is just a rendering, and maybe some of the art style could be better, but I can totally picture a Zelda game where you play as an old Link who now sports a beard, and has been traveling the world of Hyrule and beyond for decades now, only to come back.

Nintendo, I want a Zelda game where Link is much older.
oh yes, pls!

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
So I tend to get excited for a new Sonic game despite the fact that a few of them has been bad, but I'm hopeful that this one turns out to be a fantastic game. It looks more like Sonic Unleashed than it does Colours and Generations, so I really hope they don't suddenly throw out a wrench and make half the game play completely different to what it is.

Also.... it's pretty shiny.

Shoulder

I almost think if an old Link Zelda could work, maybe a sequel to Majora's Mask where young Link has not only grown up, but is getting up in his years for one last adventure. Perhaps the Triforce within in him is starting to lose his power, and Zelda has requested his help one last time.

Speaking of that, at the beginning of Majora's Mask, I believe we are told that Link is in Termina searching for a friend, but who is this friend of his?

Odo

I almost think if an old Link Zelda could work, maybe a sequel to Majora's Mask where young Link has not only grown up, but is getting up in his years for one last adventure. Perhaps the Triforce within in him is starting to lose his power, and Zelda has requested his help one last time.

Speaking of that, at the beginning of Majora's Mask, I believe we are told that Link is in Termina searching for a friend, but who is this friend of his?
hmmm. I'd like to see him struggling a little bit with his age. Like he's weaker and slower. That could create an opportunity for different battle mechanics where you have to move a heavier Link.

I think I want a Logan Link :D

Roy Kappa

Kirbyfan391 from IGN
Navi. It was strongly suggested what with how important she was in OoT, the fact that the fairy sound effect also plays after that specific part in Majora's Mask(I know it does in the original, idk about the remake). And of course, from what I heard it was outright confirmed in Hyrule Historia apparently.

Shoulder

Navi. It was strongly suggested what with how important she was in OoT, the fact that the fairy sound effect also plays after that specific part in Majora's Mask(I know it does in the original, idk about the remake). And of course, from what I heard it was outright confirmed in Hyrule Historia apparently.
Ok. I did actually hear something about that since you do see Navi fly away in the Temple of Time after Link places the Master Sword back onto its pedestal, but I wasn't sure if that was more of a fan theory, or something actually written.

So that begs the next question: Did Link ever find Navi again?

Roy Kappa

Kirbyfan391 from IGN
Ok. I did actually hear something about that since you do see Navi fly away in the Temple of Time after Link places the Master Sword back onto its pedestal, but I wasn't sure if that was more of a fan theory, or something actually written.

So that begs the next question: Did Link ever find Navi again?
Well, there's the fact that Hero's Shade is OoT/Majora Link, that too was confirmed by Hyrule Historia. What isn't confirmed, and is a fan theory, is that Hero's Shade is basically Link after turning into a Stalfos. It's a credible theory imo, he does physically resemble one and stalfos are basically children lost in the lost woods, which Link returns to in the end of Majora. The theory suggests that Link has been wandering the Lost Woods forever and as such...most likely never found Navi.

But there's no official confirmation and it's better that way, some things are more intriguing and better kept as mysteries.

Shoulder

Well, there's the fact that Hero's Shade is OoT/Majora Link, that too was confirmed by Hyrule Historia. What isn't confirmed, and is a fan theory, is that Hero's Shade is basically Link after turning into a Stalfos. It's a credible theory imo, he does physically resemble one and stalfos are basically children lost in the lost woods, which Link returns to in the end of Majora. The theory suggests that Link has been wandering the Lost Woods forever and as such...most likely never found Navi.

But there's no official confirmation and it's better that way, some things are more intriguing and better kept as mysteries.
Nintendo's new Zelda game:

The Legend of Zelda: The Search for Navi

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Nintendo's new Zelda game:

The Legend of Zelda: The Search for Navi
I still would love a game where you get to play as Zelda/Sheik.
Maybe Sheik's time/adventures during OoT, or Zelda's adventures during Skyward Sword.
Or an entirely new storyline.

Getting to play as she and Impa in Hyrule Warriors just proved that the combat is there. Just needs a story to go with it.

Shoulder

I still would love a game where you get to play as Zelda/Sheik.
Maybe Sheik's time/adventures during OoT, or Zelda's adventures during Skyward Sword.
Or an entirely new storyline.

Getting to play as she and Impa in Hyrule Warriors just proved that the combat is there. Just needs a story to go with it.
Between a Zelda game where you play as Old Link, Zelda/Shiek, AND maybe even Fierce Diety, there's plenty of options for potential future games.

simplyTravis

"A nice guy, but looks like a f'n Jedi!"
If anyone knows this, it's me. I've told Matt that Breath of the Wild is "in a way, pretty much XCX, but fun." XCX is not on this game's level man, anyone that has played both can attest to this being far above. I hate that critics have run down the phrase "sets a new standard" to the ground with every Uncharted clone that comes out, because now that the phrase matters, people don't believe it.
I seriously just hit this thought last night when I finally found
Zora's Domain and defeated the first Divine Beast. Zora's Domain reminded me of a mix between Makna Forest (city layout) and Alcamoth (High Entia.)
. There seemed to be a lot of parallels between the city designs in Xenoblade Chronicles. But then the land layouts and massive creatures/machines/etc remind me of XCX.

I have been out and about so I've mostly played Zelda on the go. I wanted to see all the new places and cutscenes on the big screen so I forced myself to stay only in the 3 areas I had found towers for yet I still had a blast. Unless there is something really screwy going on towards the end, Zelda: BOTW may beat Xenoblade Chronicles as my personal favorite game. After Skyward Sword, I did not think this was possible.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
hmmm. I'd like to see him struggling a little bit with his age. Like he's weaker and slower. That could create an opportunity for different battle mechanics where you have to move a heavier Link.

I think I want a Logan Link :D
you do realize that design limitations like that, intentional mechanics that force you to rethink the usual way you play are EXACTLY the thing that Sterling and others are complaining about in the new zelda... replace old and frail link, with old and frail rusty broadsword... everythign youa re asking for would basically invite an even lower score from Sterling... because those things add gaming stress that he doesn't like... even though those choices are intentional and the game is designed around them

basically everything you are saying you want here should have you ignoring the criticisms of sterling... because botw is already a step in that direction... just as I said... rather than a more frail link, you have a link with more frail equipment

theMightyME

I seriously just hit this thought last night when I finally found
Zora's Domain and defeated the first Divine Beast. Zora's Domain reminded me of a mix between Makna Forest (city layout) and Alcamoth (High Entia.)
. There seemed to be a lot of parallels between the city designs in Xenoblade Chronicles. But then the land layouts and massive creatures/machines/etc remind me of XCX.

I have been out and about so I've mostly played Zelda on the go. I wanted to see all the new places and cutscenes on the big screen so I forced myself to stay only in the 3 areas I had found towers for yet I still had a blast. Unless there is something really screwy going on towards the end, Zelda: BOTW may beat Xenoblade Chronicles as my personal favorite game. After Skyward Sword, I did not think this was possible.
I feel the same... you can feel Monolithsoft's DNA in this game, it is ever present, but it is also cleaner and more refined because it coems through the filter of nintendo EAD... and there are lots of new mechanics that show the development team was excited and motivated in a way that has been missing from zelda since MM... like you can feel the attention and love this game was given by those who made it, it is like the difference between a decent police procedural and a TV show like Hannibal or Mr. Robot where the creator's heart is on their sleeve

simplyTravis

you do realize that design limitations like that, intentional mechanics that force you to rethink the usual way you play are EXACTLY the thing that Sterling and others are complaining about in the new zelda... replace old and frail link, with old and frail rusty broadsword... everythign youa re asking for would basically invite an even lower score from Sterling... because those things add gaming stress that he doesn't like... even though those choices are intentional and the game is designed around them

basically everything you are saying you want here should have you ignoring the criticisms of sterling... because botw is already a step in that direction... just as I said... rather than a more frail link, you have a link with more frail equipment
You can play as a heavy tank-like Link, really. You just have to pick up the right weapons and wear the heavy armor. Currently I would be considered a wizard in most games because I keep finding all of the elemental stuff I can to attack with. I spend most of my time trying to do crowd control and setting everyone ablaze, dropping bombs, etc... It's a grand little system.

Hylia likes her heroes young, Old Link would just get in the way of younger more acceptable adventurers.
You didnt see Gramps go into the upside down world in A Link Between Worlds.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Hylia likes her heroes young, Old Link would just get in the way of younger more acceptable adventurers.
You didnt see Gramps go into the upside down world in A Link Between Worlds.
I see conversations with characters already, in the best way.
"Aren't you a little old for this adventuring life?"
"Shouldn't you leave this to someone a little more able-bodied?"
"Isn't your time as 'hero' behind you now?"

Odo

I wouldn't consider a heavier Link a design limitation though. The combat would be slower and "real" like MH with a lance or maybe.. Dark Souls.. That'd be the difference.

Jim consider the fact that you have to change weapons all the time, freezing the battle, a serious problem of immersion among other things such as not having a weapon that you could rely and focus on when you build your Link.

But I get the idea of frail weapons similarity.

simplyTravis

Only for parishioners of NY. :)

For other Catholics and Protestants that follow the fast, Every Friday of the year and every day of Lent, but Sunday, is a fast day.
I would check with your local parish. Mine has given the dispensation. I do not know of any that have not given one out.

theMightyME

I wouldn't consider a heavier Link a design limitation though. The combat would be slower and "real" like MH with a lance or maybe.. Dark Souls.. That'd be the difference.

Jim consider the fact that you have to change weapons all the time, freezing the battle, a serious problem of immersion among other things such as not having a weapon that you could rely and focus on when you build your Link.

But I get the idea of frail weapons similarity.
1. breath of the wild is already like that, you can play heavy with slower more powerful weapons, and slower armor... my point is that sterling would crucify a game implementing the things you are asking for

as for weapons breaking... you do not have to freeze the battle, you can change weapons very quickly, and have alternate means of attack as well...

when a sword breaks I feel obligated to get away quickly to pick something out but that is me, and the way I play, others could re-equip in less than a second... I will typically drop a bomb and run, gain a little distance, shoot some arrows, then switch my sword with careful thought.. another might just switch to the next melee weapon in an instant and keep going... while another might typically avoid melee combat altogether, to the point of using a boomerang as their melee weapon, in which case they have other long distance options at their disposal even if something breaks

the breaking weapons is NOT a design flaw, it is an intentional design choice that WORKS... and considering I have greatly expanded my weapon inventory and yet STILL have to abandon weapons constantly, losing weapons is just not a big deal.. the bigger issue is getting int he flow of that, and then suddenly realizing you have all metal swords when a thunderstorm kicks in... but that isn't to the detriment of the game, as you learn from it and prepare better, and you never end up in an environment where you can only obtain new metal weapons, weapons of vastly diverse varieties are constantly dropping

the fragility is specifically designed to make you experiment with other weapons...

Arlo put it best

Menashe

Sound the alarm, a voe has been detected!

And @theMightyME I think Botw is the best game to come along since Ocarina of Time, however the one thing I've been complaining about since I began are the brittle weapons. I get that it forces you to have a certain battle process and dynamic which may have been Aonuma's intention - I just don't find it a fun one. Most of the difficult or challenging aspects of the game I find an enjoyable challenge that adds to the game's appeal. But brittle weapons feels like an annoyance to me.

Still, it's a minor quibble to me in an otherwise evolutionary, masterpiece of a game.

Last edited:

theMightyME

Sound the alarm, a voe has been detected!

And @theMightyME I think Botw is the best game to come along since Ocarina of Time, however the one thing I've been complaining about since I began are the brittle weapons. I get that it forces you to have a certain battle process and dynamic which may have been Aonuma's intention - I just don't find it a fun one. Most of the difficult or challenging aspects of the game I find an enjoyable challenge that adds to the game's appeal. But brittle weapons feels like an annoyance to me.

Still, it's a minor quibble to me in an otherwise evolutionary, masterpiece of a game.
How far are you? Weapons get more durable, some can be repaired, and 1 self heals in about 8 minutes... So you still have to *ahem* Switch *snap sound here * things up, but you don't lose them

Karkashan

Married to Chrom

Couldn't be that one, since he died alone and in obscurity, no one knowing that he had every been the Hero. That's why he stayed around as a skeleton bro in order to teach you his techniques in Twilight Princess.

Also the triforce is a super powerful cognizant relic of divine power, it can't run out of power and Link doesn't have the Triforce of Courage since he went back in time to before the King of Hyrule was killed. The marks upon Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf's hands in TP aren't the pieces of the triforce, but rather their destiny made manifest within their bodies, which in turn gives them significant power (but nowhere near the actual power the true triforce pieces can give).

it's Navi. he was looking for Navi.

praisegrima

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Oh, and the Hero's Shade isn't a Stalfos. Stalfos are demons that possess the skeletons of fallen creatures, humans, and other demons. Of course, in the Zelda mythos humans can become demons, but they wouldn't be benevolent like the Shade is.

There are undead and ghosts that are just that. undead and ghosts. The reason some of the them look just like Stalfos? Cost saving measures.

(of course, there are those that are cursed with the form of Stalfos, but aren't actual demons like the Pirates in OOS, but that's getting into really gray territory and ain't nobody got time for that)

Socar

So I tend to get excited for a new Sonic game despite the fact that a few of them has been bad, but I'm hopeful that this one turns out to be a fantastic game. It looks more like Sonic Unleashed than it does Colours and Generations, so I really hope they don't suddenly throw out a wrench and make half the game play completely different to what it is.

Also.... it's pretty shiny.

From what complaints I heard about the game, the footage shown is only showing a very linear path. Now knowing that this is developed by the same team who did Colors and Generations, I am positive that will NOT be the case.

As for the footage, I love the music! Not so sure if I can accept the flames the game is showing right now. Wonder if they will fix the physics in this game unlike how in Generations, its not that proper. Granted, its nowhere as bad as say Sonic 4...but still.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Played a bit of Blaster Master Zero on the switch tonight, but in the little kickstand format. Using headphones on top of that made me feel like I was playing some good ole GBC/GBA games on a roadtrip or at my grandparent's house.

Bit graphics + small screen + headphones equals da best experience, imo.

praisegrima

Oh, and the Hero's Shade isn't a Stalfos. Stalfos are demons that possess the skeletons of fallen creatures, humans, and other demons. Of course, in the Zelda mythos humans can become demons, but they wouldn't be benevolent like the Shade is.

There are undead and ghosts that are just that. undead and ghosts. The reason some of the them look just like Stalfos? Cost saving measures.

(of course, there are those that are cursed with the form of Stalfos, but aren't actual demons like the Pirates in OOS, but that's getting into really gray territory and ain't nobody got time for that)
Not sure if you read my post in another thread, but I brought up the new Zelda Encyclopedia that just came out in Japan.

Apparently they changed some things, one of them being that the Hero's Shade is a Stalfos now, but I still think it's the Hero. Other changes being some races evolutionary track are different, some races are extinct, Link's Awakening takes place after Lttp now, with OoS/OoA being a different Link now. Most infuriatingly is the fact that Majora's Mask/Termina was created by Skull Kid's dreams and the power of the mask. Once Link leaves Termina, it gets destroyed anyways.

All that said, this book was written by Nintendo Dream and they said they "took liberties with the timeline" so I don't know if this is the official new canon or what.

Granted, the tri-force of courage could potentially alter the transformation, as it did to link in Twilight Princess.