The Great CT - Community Thread

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
I just don't think that people who slit their wrists, defend people like Che Guevara, and need safe spaces are qualified to take on the responsibility of raising another human life. Obviously not all millenials are like that, and the safe spacers are actually somewhat of a minority, but the fear I have still stands.

Sent from my SM-G900V using genital warts
chill there

For my impressions on today's Nintendo Direct.

Honestly, nothing really special here except the 25 Kirby anniversary but nothing bad either. Not much else to say.

I gotta say, this Direct is sort of different in that the headlines just speed up the game details and it didn't take that long to wrap up the Switch and 3DS directs before Splatoon. The 3DS one is underwhelming...like only 9 minutes? I mean yeah we know the drill that its coming to its end but still.....

I'm also surprised that Koizumi-San is the one that hosted this direct instead of someone like....oh idk, Bill? Reggie? Sam or any one of the NoA staff? I wonder of his future position....will be take over Shigeru Miyamoto's "Creative Fellow" job?

GaemzDood

Honestly, nothing really special here except the 25 Kirby anniversary but nothing bad either. Not much else to say.

I gotta say, this Direct is sort of different in that the headlines just speed up the game details and it didn't take that long to wrap up the Switch and 3DS directs before Splatoon. The 3DS one is underwhelming...like only 9 minutes? I mean yeah we know the drill that its coming to its end but still.....

I'm also surprised that Koizumi-San is the one that hosted this direct instead of someone like....oh idk, Bill? Reggie? Sam or any one of the NoA staff? I wonder of his future position....will be take over Shigeru Miyamoto's "Creative Fellow" job?
I just checked the upcoming 3DS games on Amazon. So god damn underwhelming. I just want a 60 FPS MGS2 port with Peace Walker controls.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just checked the upcoming 3DS games on Amazon. So god damn underwhelming. I just want a 60 FPS MGS2 port with Peace Walker controls.

on 3DS? Are you sure your IQ is 130?

Only 3DS games I'm looking at from the Direct are Ever Oasis and Monster Hunter Stories, even then I would much rather have them on the Switch.
If I had my way, I would have had zero 3DS segment. They need to excise that as fast as they did the Wii U.

Only 3DS games I'm looking at from the Direct are Ever Oasis and Monster Hunter Stories, even then I would much rather have them on the Switch.
If I had my way, I would have had zero 3DS segment. They need to excise that as fast as they did the Wii U.
What about Fire Emblem Echoes?

What about Fire Emblem Echoes?
yes, I would also rather have that on Switch too :p

I think I would be into that game if I wasnt a bit burned out on Fire Emblem. I still need to beat the 3 Fates games so its gonna be a bit before that enters my mind, and when it does, I suspect Fire Emblem Switch is gonna be on the horizon.

yes, I would also rather have that on Switch too :p

I think I would be into that game if I wasnt a bit burned out on Fire Emblem. I still need to beat the 3 Fates games so its gonna be a bit before that enters my mind, and when it does, I suspect Fire Emblem Switch is gonna be on the horizon.
I don't blame ya..I'm playing Awakening again and after that, It'll take a few months for me to get into Echoes....that seems to be the only game I want for the 3DS oddly enough...

Any why should a NoA staffer take the lead on it when there is so much more in the world outside of murrica? Or do you mean that America should have made their own version and delivered it at the same time? Under Kimishima I do believe that he would be reducing waste and useless spending practices like doubling/trebling down on the same presentation just to have a regional variant (by this i mean of course there will be regional editing for dates/pricing etc but it cuts out on individual production/recording that is wasted money) as his financial background would have strong leanings towards streamlining and higher efficiency on each yen spent, more bang for your buck.
Maybe the fact that he hosted it is because the communication is directly from the parent company and is uniform with presentation style and delivery? Personally I love the presentations from japanese staffer's, Koizumi has such a style and look about him thats pleasing and entertaining, very suave.

Any why should a NoA staffer take the lead on it when there is so much more in the world outside of murrica? Or do you mean that America should have made their own version and delivered it at the same time? Under Kimishima I do believe that he would be reducing waste and useless spending practices like doubling/trebling down on the same presentation just to have a regional variant (by this i mean of course there will be regional editing for dates/pricing etc but it cuts out on individual production/recording that is wasted money) as his financial background would have strong leanings towards streamlining and higher efficiency on each yen spent, more bang for your buck.
Maybe the fact that he hosted it is because the communication is directly from the parent company and is uniform with presentation style and delivery? Personally I love the presentations from japanese staffer's, Koizumi has such a style and look about him thats pleasing and entertaining, very suave.
There are also times where the NoA staff themselves will host the directs directly without the Japanese staff.

I've got nothing against them. I'm just surprised that he hosted it, that's all.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Even if the chances of it being ported to the Switch are slim?
I'm referring to the upcoming Switch-exclusive Fire Emblem game that Nintendo announced during the January 12 conference. We don't know what its name is or what it looks or plays like yet, but we do know that the game is coming. Unless it gets cancelled, I'll probably buy it when it comes out.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
No I can't..even if I want to, I still can't cause its really easy for my parents to stop me from doing so.
so how does that work? you are a legal adult, how does it work that they can control you?

I had a friend who said basically the same thing, his situation I understood fully because I knew him, and I knew his family. He kept making new excuses, I kept pestering him, and eventually I realized that he was afraid of going to therapy and was making excuses ... I don't know why he was afraid.. I think he felt that there is a stigma attached to people who go to therapy, and he was worried his parents would find out.... my reaction to that (and I don't know if this applies in India) was that is he went to a pscyhologist, the psychologist is bound to doctor patient confidentiality, and that there isn't even a reason for his parents to know at all... oddly enough, I know his parents and they would probably be in favor of him going for therapy as he can be a bit of a mess

so what, EXACTLY, is making it impossible for you?

theMightyME

The 3DS one is underwhelming...like only 9 minutes? I mean yeah we know the drill that its coming to its end but still.....
I am the opposite, I thought all the 3ds stuff was a buzzkill... Nintendo has a new system, it is also a portable, that is all I want to see stuff for... every moment spent on the 3ds is just snooze time... Hey Pikmin? doesn't even use 3d... imagine it on switch with hd visuals.. buzzkill... I get that they need to keep supporting the 3ds until the switch has a massive install base.... but it doesn't make it any less of a buzzkill. Maybe do a separate 3ds direct, that we know is only 3ds crap.

Funny that you instantly thought of him replacing Miyamoto... I thought of it more as him replacing Iwata, not as President, but as the sort of spokesperson of the company... he has a lot of flare and personality, and he comes from game design like Iwata, rather than somebody like Reggie, which instantly makes me care far more about what he does and says... it actually reminds me a bit of when Iwata was beign groomed to take over for Yamauchi... maybe that is what is happening here... if we were to talk about a developer in control of the company, he is probably the only choice.. Miyamoto doesn't seem itnerested in that job

i dont know how manufacturing works, but I'm thinking that full on Switch production has a hand in this.
I kinda expected this to be a limited time thing, but with Nintendo reproducing more and more they sure didnt make it seem like it. Maybe it'll pop up again in the future.

GaemzDood

It's around 125 to 131. I suck at abstract puzzles and visual/spatial relationships but my verbal IQ is above the 96th percentile.

I'm late to the 3DS party, so I'm not exactly aware about the lack of support for it now. I wish I got a Switch, but I wanted a smaller handheld with longer battery life and more games. Once more info about Xenoblade 2 and Shin Megami Tensei comes out, I'll budget for a Switch. I mainly got a 3DS because of all the Shin Megami Tensei games plus I wanted to re-teach myself how to hack, but the latter is moot at this point since I don't have the right materials to do it (a USB drive with a MicroSD slot).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am the opposite, I thought all the 3ds stuff was a buzzkill... Nintendo has a new system, it is also a portable, that is all I want to see stuff for... every moment spent on the 3ds is just snooze time... Hey Pikmin? doesn't even use 3d... imagine it on switch with hd visuals.. buzzkill... I get that they need to keep supporting the 3ds until the switch has a massive install base.... but it doesn't make it any less of a buzzkill. Maybe do a separate 3ds direct, that we know is only 3ds crap.
Wait.....you hate the 3DS?

Funny that you instantly thought of him replacing Miyamoto... I thought of it more as him replacing Iwata, not as President, but as the sort of spokesperson of the company... he has a lot of flare and personality, and he comes from game design like Iwata, rather than somebody like Reggie, which instantly makes me care far more about what he does and says... it actually reminds me a bit of when Iwata was beign groomed to take over for Yamauchi... maybe that is what is happening here... if we were to talk about a developer in control of the company, he is probably the only choice.. Miyamoto doesn't seem itnerested in that job
The thing is though that unlike Iwata-San, Koizumi-San didn't study programming nor was he even doing much of game designing at the time until now. I mean, dude started out as an illustrator and was interested in film making so somehow Nintendo convinced him to take the job.

Actually, I'm really curious of how he ended up being the producer for the Swich console itself? Like what happened to Genyo Takeda?

theMightyME

It's around 125 to 131. I suck at abstract puzzles and visual/spatial relationships but my verbal IQ is above the 96th percentile.

I'm late to the 3DS party, so I'm not exactly aware about the lack of support for it now. I wish I got a Switch, but I wanted a smaller handheld with longer battery life and more games. Once more info about Xenoblade 2 and Shin Megami Tensei comes out, I'll budget for a Switch. I mainly got a 3DS because of all the Shin Megami Tensei games plus I wanted to re-teach myself how to hack, but the latter is moot at this point since I don't have the right materials to do it (a USB drive with a MicroSD slot).

I would never take an IQ test, in equal parts because I think bragging about IQ would be unsatisfying, and because if I scored low I would have an embarrassing secret to be depressed over

so it is like no up side...

theMightyME

Wait.....you hate the 3DS?

The thing is though that unlike Iwata-San, Koizumi-San didn't study programming nor was he even doing much of game designing at the time until now. I mean, dude started out as an illustrator and was interested in film making so somehow Nintendo convinced him to take the job.

Actually, I'm really curious of how he ended up being the producer for the Swich console itself? Like what happened to Genyo Takeda?
1. I don't hate the 3ds, I am just over it.. I have a better nintendo handheld
2. Koizumi is way more than just an illustrator, he is one of nitnendo's best game designers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshiaki_Koizumi
his concepts laid the groundwork for combat in oot, the entire system in mm, and the entire game of mario galaxy
3. If you are talking about when he announced his position at the switch reveal, he refered to himself as the SOFTWARE producer, Takeda is a hardware guy

1. I don't hate the 3ds, I am just over it.. I have a better nintendo handheld
2. Koizumi is way more than just an illustrator, he is one of nitnendo's best game designers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshiaki_Koizumi
his concepts laid the groundwork for combat in oot, the entire system in mm, and the entire game of mario galaxy
3. If you are talking about when he announced his position at the switch reveal, he refered to himself as the SOFTWARE producer, Takeda is a hardware guy
That's just what I said.....

theMightyME

Also..just saw this comment from IGN.

Savvis:
I hate you Nintendo, I hope you get cancer and die. Good day!

Here's the link to prove it.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/13/nintendo-discontinues-the-nes-classic-edition

Looks like there's a bunch of people doing death threats for Nintendo as well.
that's not a death threat, that is a death hope lol

people are stupid, and they say stupid things... and I mean all of us, including you, me, and everyone here... but in particular there are people online who vent their full frustrations in forums and comments and such.. doesn't make it an actual threat

theMightyME

That's just what I said.....
you said

"nor was he even doing much of game designing at the time until now."

how is that the same? he has been doing game design since links awakening

he is probably the second most important creative talent at the company behind Miyamoto.. he might be a better talent, even, just not as important

that's not a death threat, that is a death hope lol

people are stupid, and they say stupid things... and I mean all of us, including you, me, and everyone here... but in particular there are people online who vent their full frustrations in forums and comments and such.. doesn't make it an actual threat
So If I hope someone who I hate here or anywhere gets cancer and die, that's death hope? I don't think I get your point...

So If I hope someone who I hate here or anywhere gets cancer and die, that's death hope? I don't think I get your point...
Yes.
A death threat would be more direct, something like "I'm gonna find you and slice you up", "I've got a gun, I will shoot you tomorrow" "I know where you live, if you do [so and so], I will strangle you while you sleep"
Hoping death and threatening death are clearly different things.

theMightyME

yes, though when I said death hope, I was joking, their is no suck term, I thought it sounded funny though

on a serious note though, whoever did say it is a gross person, especially considering Iwata did die from something that might have been cancer related (a bile duct tumor), it is also insensitive to anybody who has had or gone through the pain of seeing somebody they love have cancer

so gross person, but not a death threat

yes, though when I said death hope, I was joking, their is no suck term, I thought it sounded funny though

on a serious note though, whoever did say it is a gross person, especially considering Iwata did die from something that might have been cancer related (a bile duct tumor), it is also insensitive to anybody who has had or gone through the pain of seeing somebody they love have cancer

so gross person, but not a death threat
I still don't get how your fine with this. I mean I get that you can ignore comments and all but death hope is still hurtful than a death threat isn't it?

Odo

Attention, Attention

Lads and girls (I know, there are no girls in forums, it's a urban legend)

I'm here to announce that it's Friday and I declare the weekend open.

Have fun and be good.

Anyways, on a more serious note, I think people are exaggerating too much on the NES classic production ending. Its not like you can't get another way of playing NES games on HDMI with/without scanlines seeing as how the classic edition is based on

Its a bit costly but it pretty much does exactly what the classic edition does and you can play more than 30 btw...