The Great CT - Community Thread

Socar

I forgot that some of you guys here have families and whatnot.

Well I can really hope that your loved ones don't depress you enough that you have any regrets doing what you want to do whether that's harsh or not.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Family is practically a problem. Many don't know how to raise kids, others can't afford proper education to their young ones. Its family that is indeed a problem at the real world.

Let's also not forget that families are part of the video game banning controversy.
I forgot that some of you guys here have families and whatnot.

Well I can really hope that your loved ones don't depress you enough that you have any regrets doing what you want to do whether that's harsh or not.
What you're doing socar is blaming a very small minority of folks, and lambasting it into a much bigger issue than it really is. You're using your own personal experience, and stretching it seem that is how all families are. The concept of a family, or people you are directly related with, is not the issue here. It never was.

There are always going to be a select few families that neglect raising their kids, treat them poorly, or outright abandon them, but that is their own issue, and not the issue of family in general, which is what you're making it out to be. Perhaps raising a family is much different in India than it is in different parts of the world, but that is an issue of Cultural norms, and how their society is structured, and less about what families are about.

But it also doesn't have to be a blood family either. A family of folks is not always indicative to being directly related. Many of us have a lot of very close friends that we consider as family. Hell, that is how I consider TNE here.

I am sorry that you're in this position right now with your own family, and I honestly do feel it's affecting you in more ways than you might realize. I have mentioned this in the past, but I'll say it again, it sounds to me you would be better off leaving your family, or at the minimum getting away for awhile. You might then say your job doesn't pay enough, I don't have another place to stay, etc. Then make it happen. I have a sneaking suspicion you are simply apprehensive of leaving because of the uncertainty that lies ahead, but that is simply a facet of life. Sometimes we just have to take that risk, and hope it works. Why do we fall? So we learn to pick ourselves back up again.

I know it probably doesn't mean anything, but...

On My Nintendo, sometimes my Mii would be playing his SNES and if you touched it and turned it off, he'd get mad.

In the past, he's always been playing Mario Kart, since MK8D was announced.

This morning, he was playing Super Metroid.

Now, I don't know if this is new, just that I had never seen him playing Super Metroid before.

So, my mind immediately went to speculation that this was Nintendo's subtle hint about upcoming Metroid news.

Could be totally off base, or this could be very "Nintendo" of them.
:mpray::mpray::mpray:

Socar

What you're doing socar is blaming a very small minority of folks, and lambasting it into a much bigger issue than it really is. You're using your own personal experience, and stretching it seem that is how all families are. The concept of a family, or people you are directly related with, is not the issue here. It never was.

There are always going to be a select few families that neglect raising their kids, treat them poorly, or outright abandon them, but that is their own issue, and not the issue of family in general, which is what you're making it out to be. Perhaps raising a family is much different in India than it is in different parts of the world, but that is an issue of Cultural norms, and how their society is structured, and less about what families are about.

But it also doesn't have to be a blood family either. A family of folks is not always indicative to being directly related. Many of us have a lot of very close friends that we consider as family. Hell, that is how I consider TNE here.

I am sorry that you're in this position right now with your own family, and I honestly do feel it's affecting you in more ways than you might realize. I have mentioned this in the past, but I'll say it again, it sounds to me you would be better off leaving your family, or at the minimum getting away for awhile. You might then say your job doesn't pay enough, I don't have another place to stay, etc. Then make it happen. I have a sneaking suspicion you are simply apprehensive of leaving because of the uncertainty that lies ahead, but that is simply a facet of life. Sometimes we just have to take that risk, and hope it works. Why do we fall? So we learn to pick ourselves back up again.

I have no fears of running away from them and whatnot. Again its all a matter of the fact that they just cant let go or atleast cant realize that I have my own life. Even if I do so and run away from them, they still wont let go.
Even my brother wont leave me alone.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I'm sure I'll be in the minority, but I can't wait to learn more about this game. Rabbids crack me up. They're like evil alien toddlers on drugs.
And even if it isn't great, we still have an honest-to-goodness real Mario game coming out in the fall.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
So I played a bit of Final Fantasy Explorers last night with @Karkashan and @CitizenOfVerona and came to a sad conclusion.

Breath of the Wild really has utterly ruined me.

FF:E has some neat aspects (if you like swapping classes, grinding armor, exploiting a branching arts system for combat). It's not on the level of Monster Hunter, but it's a neat little game with its own charms.

...but then you walk to a ledge with a slight incline. Or walk up against some wall, which you can basically run against like a moron and nothing else. The environment is so static, so non-interactive. It feels lifeless.

I'm not saying all games need BotW's flavor of interactivity - I'm also playing TMS#FE and it works fine with its limited hub overworld; it's a menu-centric RPG and it feels fine that way. But for action-adventures where you have the overworld and not much else? I'm afraid Zelda has made games of that type feel old.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen

wow, masterfully edited.. it is as if somebody at Nintendo moved to HBO PR, everything hits perfect to the music, to the point that it becomes part of it... from Arya exhaling, to "the king in the north" it all blends together.... and the trailer seems to prove what some of the cast members were saying about a much faster pace... new season is only 7 episodes, and there is A LOT going on in that trailer, and A LOT we know will be going on that isn't in it (not a single show of a white walker, yet the official poster art is of the night king)

After jumping back to 3DS for a bit to play Monster Hunter, I have to say; where the hell is Monster Hunter for the Switch? I need this in my life! I really hope that MH5 comes to the Switch, or at the very least an upgraded version of Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
After jumping back to 3DS for a bit to play Monster Hunter, I have to say; where the hell is Monster Hunter for the Switch? I need this in my life! I really hope that MH5 comes to the Switch, or at the very least an upgraded version of Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.
I'm confident this series is stayin with Nintendo. The last we really heard anything big outta MH came in the form of the XX annoucment thru a Nintendo direct. There really slam packed with a great first year launch for Switch games wise. I look for MH to potentially be at e3 with a 2018 launch of MH5.

My other option at e3 is Nintendo continues to hammer home its 2017 launch and Dosent talk about what's to come yet in the next years. Which they can very well do because they have plenty to talk about for the rest of this year. Let's not forget this is the company that brought 1 game last year, so they very well could continue to focus on 2017 for Switch and I'm fairly certain MH isn't in the cards for this year.

MH4 is amazing

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
I'm confident this series is stayin with Nintendo. The last we really heard anything big outta MH came in the form of the XX annoucment thru a Nintendo direct. There really slam packed with a great first year launch for Switch games wise. I look for MH to potentially be at e3 with a 2018 launch of MH5.

My other option at e3 is Nintendo continues to hammer home its 2017 launch and Dosent talk about what's to come yet in the next years. Which they can very well do because they have plenty to talk about for the rest of this year. Let's not forget this is the company that brought 1 game last year, so they very well could continue to focus on 2017 for Switch and I'm fairly certain MH isn't in the cards for this year.

MH4 is amazing
Don't get your hopes up for MH at E3.... The game is much MUCH bigger in japan, they won't announce a new entry at a Western event... My guess is a private event around the time of TGS

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Don't get your hopes up for MH at E3.... The game is much MUCH bigger in japan, they won't announce a new entry at a Western event... My guess is a private event around the time of TGS
That's why I said potentially be at e3. Personally I don't expect it to be there at all, I think they will focus on 2017.

As much as I would prefer a brand new MH game built from the ground up for the switch; I would still love it if they released MH XX for the Switch && the 3DS, with crosplay built in like it was for the 3DS/Wii U version of MH3U. That way more people could play the game together.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
As much as I would prefer a brand new MH game built from the ground up for the switch; I would still love it if they released MH XX for the Switch && the 3DS, with crosplay built in like it was for the 3DS/Wii U version of MH3U. That way more people could play the game together.
This is what I think is most likely to happen. But more than anything I'm just scared that Capcom has become so irrational and unpredictable that we might not get a MHXX port, or MH5, but rather that edgy western MONSTER HUNTER reboot that was part of a rumor a while ago, to be developed by Ninja Theory or something.

Edit: once again, too slow to beat Fried.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'm on board for MHXX Switch.

I'm glad I took a long break after 4. When the next one comes I'll be ready. I don't have any reason to believe it will be on a console other than Nintendos.

GaemzDood

I posted this on IGN and I was wondering what you all thought.

If we want to explore the pavlovian conditioning of what "adulthood" means, then one must also explore why people who lay claim to be "adults" often don't want to associate with albums such as Hybrid Theory and genres such as metalcore or grunge out of fear of looking younger and more "angsty" than they really are without taking the quality of the music into account. If that quote ['adult' as a form of criticism] penned by C.S. Lewis reflects this, one must wonder why it only applies to interactive media.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/berkeley/#2.1
In George Berkeley's argument against representational materialism, he presents the following we take as fundamentals.

(1) We perceive ordinary objects (houses, mountains, etc.).
(2) We perceive only ideas.

Therefore,

(3) Ordinary objects are ideas.

No matter how you feel about it, material accumulation will always define the idea of one's "manhood."

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Shoulder

I posted this on IGN and I was wondering what you all thought.

If we want to explore the pavlovian conditioning of what "adulthood" means, then one must also explore why people who lay claim to be "adults" often don't want to associate with albums such as Hybrid Theory and genres such as metalcore or grunge out of fear of looking younger and more "angsty" than they really are without taking the quality of the music into account. If that quote ['adult' as a form of criticism] penned by C.S. Lewis reflects this, one must wonder why it only applies to interactive media.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/berkeley/#2.1
In George Berkeley's argument against representational materialism, he presents the following we take as fundamentals.

(1) We perceive ordinary objects (houses, mountains, etc.).
(2) We perceive only ideas.

Therefore,

(3) Ordinary objects are ideas.

No matter how you feel about it, material accumulation will always define the idea of one's "manhood."

Sent from my SM-G900V using genital warts
Are you saying then that all men think with their dicks?

Odo

I am more worried that MH5 migh jump ship to another platform. Granted, I would have no problem if the series wen't multiplatform.
I'm on board for MHXX Switch.

I'm glad I took a long break after 4. When the next one comes I'll be ready. I don't have any reason to believe it will be on a console other than Nintendos.
http://nintendoeverything.com/ubiso...ch-why-it-will-be-more-successful-than-wii-u/
I had a shitty work night, so my blood boiled when I read this even though I'm pretty chill for the most part. Literally, the first part of this interview has the head stating "it [Switch] will still be for kids."

This is how the rest of the industry perceives Nintendo, like it or not. They do not take the big N seriously that much, even when they're successful like they are right now. They will always see their system as "for kids," and Nintendo literally does nothing to counteract this assertion. It seems like they just go along with it. It's a perpetual cycle.

Sent from my SM-G900V using genital warts
I'm confident it'll be on Switch too. I don't see any sign for MH leaving Nintendo.

- It's been working on Nintendo very well
- It's big in Japan
- Nintendo's king of Japan, Switch is king of Japan

There are no worries so far imo

perhaps multiplat? yes.. but not leaving nor changing too much

mantisLJD

The Human Metroid
One semester down, one more to go! My grades this second last time around? All A's except for the single class that I got an A- in. Mantis takes four History classes again and is disappointed with a 3.91 GPA for the current term because it's not the 4.0 goal he set for himself. #firstworldproblems

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
One semester down, one more to go! My grades this second last time around? All A's except for the single class that I got an A- in. Mantis takes four History classes again and is disappointed with a 3.91 GPA for the current term because it's not the 4.0 goal he set for himself. #firstworldproblems
Awesome job Mantis!:msrs:

That's a fact because I was playin the hell outta MH4 waiting for the Switch. Came home one day went to get my 3DS off the plugged and to the hardwood floor it went. Snapped my top from the bottom.
It is a damn shame the Switch is not backward compatible to 3DS games (Granted, the lack of a second screen is a real issue...) There are soooo many games from the 3DS/DS library I would love to play on my Switch; Or in the case, let you play MH4 again.

Shoulder

I was happy when I got a 3.4GPA overall in my Engineering program. People have such high standards. :p

But seriously though, you should be proud of yourself regardless. :mthumb:

Socar

My thoughts on Samurai Jack ending...

Personally, I feel that its a bit too rushed. All of that hope lost thing, trying to fight back thing got way too short. The same goes for the romance thing till end.

There are also a couple of plotholes here as well. How is the Scotsman aging compared to Jack? How is it that after all these years, Jack hasn't aged?

And then there's the Aku slay thing. How is Jack at the end able to kill off Aku like that in the end by simply slicing him off when that's the same thing he's been doing to him time to time?

Then there's Jack's dad and mom issue here..in the time that Jack was to face Aku the first time, they were like this

But yeah...I guess I can understand why they ended it so fast since they didn't think of the ending itself to begin with so I guess I can be fine with it.