The Great CT - Community Thread

Koenig

The Architect
Hey guys. Should we revamp the Monster Hunter Generations Thread for MHXX? Or should we create a new one to prevent confusion between the two games? MHXX has roughly double to triple the content of MHX/Generations, so in many ways it effectively a new game despite being built on the original.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Hey guys. Should we revamp the Monster Hunter Generations Thread for MHXX? Or should we create a new one to prevent confusion between the two games? MHXX has roughly double to triple the content of MHX/Generations, so in many ways it effectively a new game despite being built on the original.
New thread. :mthumb:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
New tread is what I would have also said.

EthanGK

The blunder from down under
So Pokken Deluxe for Switch in September
Pokemon Gold/Silver Virtual Console for 3DS in September
And Pokemon UltraSun/UltraMoon for 3DS in November

They made UltraSun/UltraMoon look like a clothing and texture pack, though. That was a weird direct.

EthanGK

And now the Pokemon Gamespress site has been updated to remove it.
It was either a mistake and never meant to be there, or someone screwed up putting it there too early when it was supposed to be announced later.
That's interesting. There was one scene in the trailer that had suspiciously different graphics from the rest (the trainer fiddling with his z-ring). But other than that, everything points to it being a mistake. I can't see why they wouldn't have announced it.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
That's interesting. There was one scene in the trailer that had suspiciously different graphics from the rest (the trainer fiddling with his z-ring). But other than that, everything points to it being a mistake. I can't see why they wouldn't have announced it.
I did notice the heightened graphics on that part as well.

Only reason I can see them not announcing it is that they were waiting for E3. But at this point, I'm not getting my hopes up.

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
The direct was ass. Just like Black and White 2, I'm gonna skip this Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Looked like an expansion pack than an actual game to bother paying full price for this. They even broke off pieces of the poor Legendary Ultrabeast and stuck them onto the regular legendary pokemon!

I'm glad Pokken Tournament DX is coming. Now I just need Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 100, Xenoblade X and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze to be ported over too, and then I'll have less of a reason to still consider the Wii U....please do it, Nintendo. You must!

Spending all an unhealthy amount of time on Dark Souls. It feels like I've never played the game before. I'm finally just 5 more chapters away from finishing the main story of FE: Awakening. My interest has been waning a bit. The game suddenly got easier than the mode said it would've, and I'm the type of human to level up every character equally even though it's a horrible way to play.

EthanGK

Pokken Deluxe being at E3 has me thinking a deluxe version of Smash 4 is unlikely. With Arms around the corner, would they really be trying to push the switch with three first-party fighting games (not to mention it already has street fighter), two of which would be ports?

Maybe it's wishful thinking because I'd rather wait for a Smash 5 anyway. I mean, it's not like MK8 or Pokken where it was limited to the small base of Wii U owners, Smash 4 was on the 3DS. Anyone interested has probably already played it.

Koenig

The Architect
Pokken Deluxe being at E3 has me thinking a deluxe version of Smash 4 is unlikely. With Arms around the corner, would they really be trying to push the switch with three first-party fighting games (not to mention it already has street fighter), two of which would be ports?

Maybe it's wishful thinking because I'd rather wait for a Smash 5 anyway. I mean, it's not like MK8 or Pokken where it was limited to the small base of Wii U owners, Smash 4 was on the 3DS. Anyone interested has probably already played it.
I would prefer a new itteration of Smash Bros anyways; but until we get either a new one or a port of Smash 4 I feel that the Switch will have a notable gap in its library.

PS: Smash Bros sounds like the perfect game to bring a switch to a party with; snap off a joycon or two for people to play with (And bring you own damn pro controller cause your smart) and let the fun begin.

GaemzDood

Honesty, I would buy Pokken Deluxe. I've always wanted to play it, but a) I don't have a Wii U and b) the IQ looks dreadful (960x720p, no AA or AF).

A 1080p 60 FPS remaster would seal the deal. Nintendo is actually smart for rereleasing their Wii U titles since almost nobody actually played them, and plus it gives people something to play in spite of the launch drought. Now if only they'd remaster Bayonetta 2.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MANGANian

Would there be a Smash 5 though? Smash 4 seems to me like the peak of the franchise. If any new iteration comes along then it'd only be small, incremental updates. Of course, the recent buzz around the Smash community is the Rage mechanic, which I personally think is a non-issue. How is this even an issue is beyond me, but even that itself could just be rectified with patching. Any extra characters, modes and stages could simply be something akin to an expansion pack.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
Would there be a Smash 5 though? Smash 4 seems to me like the peak of the franchise. If any new iteration comes along then it'd only be small, incremental updates. Of course, the recent buzz around the Smash community is the Rage mechanic, which I personally think is a non-issue. How is this even an issue is beyond me, but even that itself could just be rectified with patching. Any extra characters, modes and stages could simply be something akin to an expansion pack.
Smash has been expansion packs since the first one

Odo

I don't know about Smash cause I don't play fighting games, and people should pay for whatever they want, but, if you ask me, many games that are released for Nintendo platforms are too expensive. Again, fans buy them and they can buy whatever they want, but Nintendo is expert in re-release the same game with some new content and that works very well for them. The same for some third-parties like Capcom and others.

Games like MH4U and MHXX could be DLCs for MH4 and MHX.
Pokemon B2/W2, Pokemon US/UM, you know? .. this should be DLCs. But Pokemon fans will buy them .. so whatever.
Mario Bros games are the same since Mario Bros Wii.
Fire Emblem Fates was controversial imo.
This old Street Fight for Switch would never sell with this price tag on other platforms.
When I think about MK9, what else can Nintendo possibly make to keep the franchise fresh to keep charging the game full price?
FIFA 18 for Swich is a joke (like back in the Wii days) but I bet Switch owners will pay full price on that piece of junk.

I know that those practises are present on PS/X, but since Nintendo is the one with fewer games, this looks much worse for them imo.

Koenig

The Architect
If Nintendo gave me a proper sequel to either Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door or Super Mario RPG that would be enough to satisfy me for a year. Sadly it seems Nintendo would rather pretend those games do not exist and were not a success; instead trying to give us RPG/Rabbids crossovers... (Which Ill admit, I am interested in the concept, but I don't see it have any form of an investing story, at least as long as the rabbids are involved)

MANGANian

Smash has been expansion packs since the first one
I disagree. They all play differently, which is why the Melee community, and the now growing Brawl community, don't wanna move on.

BLOODSTAINED!

The music sounds Castlevania-ish. It doesn't sound as good as the others though, judging from what I guess is the starter area. The graphics needs a bit more work. There doesn't seem to be much shaders in play, but the art-style and character designs are on point. I hope the gameplay is as good as Castlevania as I'm getting an Order of Ecclesia vibe from this. So far the battle system doesn't seem very interesting but we're probably not seeing everything. I hope this turns out good.

I don't know about Smash cause I don't play fighting games, and people should pay for whatever they want, but, if you ask me, many games that are released for Nintendo platforms are too expensive. Again, fans buy them and they can buy whatever they want, but Nintendo is expert in re-release the same game with some new content and that works very well for them. The same for some third-parties like Capcom and others.

Games like MH4U and MHXX could be DLCs for MH4 and MHX.
Pokemon B2/W2, Pokemon US/UM, you know? .. this should be DLCs. But Pokemon fans will buy them .. so whatever.
Mario Bros games are the same since Mario Bros Wii.
Fire Emblem Fates was controversial imo.
This old Street Fight for Switch would never sell with this price tag on other platforms.
When I think about MK9, what else can Nintendo possibly make to keep the franchise fresh to keep charging the game full price?
FIFA 18 for Swich is a joke (like back in the Wii days) but I bet Switch owners will pay full price on that piece of junk.

I know that those practises are present on PS/X, but since Nintendo is the one with fewer games, this looks much worse for them imo.
Pokemon and Monster Hunter seems to run on the exploitation of their buyers.
I do not think there will ever be a new 2D Mario game since Mario Maker seems to suggest that they wanna retire it for now.

Owning a Nintendo console is generally more expensive than the others. Games on other console are discounted and diminish in value very quickly over time, while notable games on Nintendo platforms seems to have the opposite effect and skyrocket in price if it's not part of something like Player's Choice, or Nintendo Select.

To be fair though, in some cases I can stomach Nintendo's price range, as most games on other platforms are services than actual pocket content, and they become obsolete and their resale value drops greatly when support is dropped, due to some shady season pass practises.

Last edited: