The Great CT - Community Thread

It did everything a handheld does, battery life isn't great, but it is actually better than the original 3ds...and usb-c makes it all doable... That nintendo is putting a fire Pokemon game on the system shows that they DO see it as a true handheld... It is funny how first people said it wasn't a true console, and now it isn't a true handheld... Reggie is just a pr guy... The evedence is in the games coming to the system... It is both a console and a handheld, it does both perfectly fine... The only reason the 3ds isn't done right now is because the install bar is huge and switch is supply constrained... Once there are 10 million switches in the Wild, and supply is lush, the 3ds will fade away... As it should
The switch does have one problem in the form of size; the 3DS and DS were much easier to fit into your pocket than the Switch is. It does fit into a travel or messenger bag just fine though. Just how many people will actually be taking the Switch on the go I do not know.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Question:

I thought about makin a thread about this but decided against it, but I just had a thought.

Is there an enemy in any game that has killed more people than the 1-1 first goomba you encounter in the Original Mario bros?

He's had to have killed atleast 1 million right?

Question:

I thought about makin a thread about this but decided against it, but I just had a thought.

Is there an enemy in any game that has killed more people than the 1-1 first goomba you encounter in the Original Mario bros?

He's had to have killed atleast 1 million right?
Are we talking relative to the number of copies sold, or outright?

Socar

So I got a network problem again.

Whenever I on the desktop, Dad and mom can't get access to Wi-Fi and it seems that there is some manner in which windows blocks access to those wanting wi-fi.

So if this is true, how can I let them use Wifi?

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I watched it, I liked it a lot. I usually like Psychological horror like that. Since you liked that one, you should also check out The Babadook and It Follows, if you haven't seen them yet.
Saw both, liked both. :) The Babadook much more than It follows. It took a second viewing of It Follows to appreciate it. The first time I had convinced a group to go to the theater to see it, and there was a group of teens talking the entire time.

Horror is my favorite genre. Anything from psychological thriller to slasher to supernatural/ghost/spirit/demon.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
The switch does have one problem in the form of size; the 3DS and DS were much easier to fit into your pocket than the Switch is. It does fit into a travel or messenger bag just fine though. Just how many people will actually be taking the Switch on the go I do not know.
I beg to differ there's an issue of size. The Switch is not trying to be like a smartphone, but rather a tablet. If you think of it more as a tablet than a smartphone, then it starts to make more sense when the term on-the-go is mentioned.

I beg to differ there's an issue of size. The Switch is not trying to be like a smartphone, but rather a tablet. If you think of it more as a tablet than a smartphone, then it starts to make more sense when the term on-the-go is mentioned.
Agreed, which is why I mentioned travel and messenger bags; however a smart phone IS easier to carry than most tablets due to its smaller size. So again, it remains to be seen how many people will be able to use the system on the go.

I have both, the N3DSXL is still a bit easier to take everywhere as it slips into my pockets just fine. I have taken the Switch out with me, but I use a case. I would definitely need a bag to take it anywhere I go.

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
It did everything a handheld does, battery life isn't great, but it is actually better than the original 3ds...and usb-c makes it all doable... That nintendo is putting a fire Pokemon game on the system shows that they DO see it as a true handheld... It is funny how first people said it wasn't a true console, and now it isn't a true handheld... Reggie is just a pr guy... The evedence is in the games coming to the system... It is both a console and a handheld, it does both perfectly fine... The only reason the 3ds isn't done right now is because the install bar is huge and switch is supply constrained... Once there are 10 million switches in the Wild, and supply is lush, the 3ds will fade away... As it should
But it isn't a true console, neither is it a true handheld. It's both. And because it's both, it has to compensate one way or the other. And it did both ways, but more on the handheld side of things.
The size is an issue, but it's a minor issue, since it's as problematic as a tablet would be. The biggest issue is the battery life. Of course, you can argue that charging outlets are as available as bread is, depending on where you live and where you go, but this is what I consider as one of the bigger problems holding it back.

A shame the Switch does not come with a spare USB-C charging cable for on the go use, as that would help alot. Then again; it's USB-C instead of a proprietary charger, so odds are a few years down the line you will have spares lying around no matter where you go.

GaemzDood

To anyone who has a 3DS but doesn't own Resident Evil: Revelations.

> Owning a 3DS at all, let alone the [current year].
> Not owning Resident Evil: Revelations.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
But it isn't a true console, neither is it a true handheld. It's both. And because it's both, it has to compensate one way or the other. And it did both ways, but more on the handheld side of things.

The size is an issue, but it's a minor issue, since it's as problematic as a tablet would be. The biggest issue is the battery life. Of course, you can argue that charging outlets are as available as bread is, depending on where you live and where you go, but this is what I consider as one of the bigger problems holding it back.
If battery life makes the switch not a handheld, then what was the original 3ds? which had an even shorter battery life

I used to own revelations until I beat and unlocked everything it had... I remember turning co-op into a joke thanks to a charged version of the "Pale rider" revolver.

If battery life makes the switch not a handheld, then what was the original 3ds? which had an even shorter battery life
A shit handheld :p

In all seriousness, the Switch is far closer to a tablet than a handheld, and yes I am making a distinction between the two. They share a lot of common traits, but they are also different enough to warrant a distinction.

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
Remember, my argument wasn't about whether it's a true handheld or not. My argument was that as it is now, it's not quite there yet at fulfilling its function as a completely portable system. Power be damned, the 3DS had years and iterations to establish itself as a portable system, not to mention that it was created from the get go to be only a portable system. Being a hybrid system, the Switch has its own set of hurdles to go through, so it's understandable why Nintendo wouldn't be so quick to cut the cord as is their usual tradition.

Odo

u all gonna want to beat me but so far I didn't find XC2 that impressive.. something in that game looks .. sort of generic... I don't know..

the revealing of XCX was so incredible I was so excited about those mechs, but I'm not even close to that with this new XC2

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
u all gonna want to beat me but so far I didn't find XC2 that impressive.. something in that game looks .. sort of generic... I don't know..

the revealing of XCX was so incredible I was so excited about those mechs, but I'm not even close to that with this new XC2
Well, one thing it seems to have that xcx didn't... A story

So far I find the gameplay shown to be far more interesting than the trailer; the trailers for the game are a joke compared to what XCX pulled off.

Shoulder

If it's no more of an issue than carrying a tablet, then I would say it's a non-issue. I don't know about you, but if I'm carrying more than my phone, keys, and wallet with me, so my tablet, headphones, sunglasses case, pens/pencils, chargers, etc, I carry my sling bag with me, which is most of the time. I could just as easily put my future Switch in my sling bag, and it'd be no bother.

Perhaps we should not be thinking about whether or not if something fits inside our pockets, but if it fits in our normal everyday bags. Now, you might then say, "I don't have an everyday bag I carry with me most of the time." Then that's fine. But remember this: it would be impossible to make the Switch any smaller without major compromises in the hardware in its current iteration. Perhaps at some point, if the Tegra chip can be shrunken down (which might never happen honestly), maybe a Switch Lite could launch, but I don't ever see that happening.

Also, I tend to see (at least in my neck of the woods) that skinny jeans are all the rage including with men (thanks hipsters...), and you can barely fit your smartphone in some of those pockets, let alone a Switch.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
I've been rolling my eyes at comments online that stated that Nintendo shut down AM2R, then started development on Samus Returns.

Some people really don't have a clue how long it takes to develop games. (This game has probably been in development since late 2014, early 2015, based on their last game released)

grimabepraised

I've been rolling my eyes at comments online that stated that Nintendo shut down AM2R, then started development on Samus Returns.

Some people really don't have a clue how long it takes to develop games. (This game has probably been in development since late 2014, early 2015, based on their last game released)

grimabepraised
Granted, If Nintendo really wanted to earn some browny points in my book, they would include AM2R with the Return of Samus as a bonus.

Shoulder

grimabepraised
Figures as much. Sounds like a bunch of butthurt gamers who are trying to justify AM2R even though there is no legal basis for it existing anyway. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it is what it is. Gamers are just going to have to accept that. I dled AM2R before it was taken down, but haven't played it yet. I might give it a go if I have the time, but I'm more excited for Samus Returns to be honest.

I've heard devs say "why does this exist when a better version [in AM2R] already does"
well, one dev, but it was in a panel of real annoying people who didnt disagree so it might as well been all of them.