The Great CT - Community Thread

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.

GaemzDood

Remember when we got Deus Ex: Directors cut for twice the price as the near identical 360 and PS3 versions? Or when we got Mass Effect 3 on wii U, while the 360 and PS3 got the entire Trilogy in one bundle? Sometimes I seriously question the intelligence (or lack thereof) of the various people in charge of marketing and executive decision making within and across the video game industry.
There wasn't incentive to really put effort into it if you really think about it. Even if they had, they probably still would have flopped. I attest to this through two reasons. 1. The Wii U was a failing system, and 2. M rated games are essentially sent out to die on Nintendo's platforms. Literally no M rated game has made a top 10 best seller list on a Nintendo system, the highest was Resident Evil 4 for the GameCube and that was #12.

Why did Resident Evil: Revelations 3D and GTA: Chinatown Wars also flop (though selling better than the other versions) despite universal praise and popular brand names? Same with The Twin Snakes, Mortal Kombat on GameCube, Eternal Darkness (not a popular brand name, but it had Nintendo's backing; they should have marketed it), Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and Two Thrones, the list goes on.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There wasn't incentive to really put effort into it if you really think about it. Even if they had, they probably still would have flopped. I attest to this through two reasons. 1. The Wii U was a failing system, and 2. M rated games are essentially sent out to die on Nintendo's platforms. Literally no M rated game has made a top 10 best seller list on a Nintendo system, the highest was Resident Evil 4 for the GameCube and that was #12.
With the examples I gave though they were released near the systems launch (before its financial viability was fully determined) and would have required little no effort to be on par with the PS3/360 version; hell in the case of Deus Ex it had the exclusive gamepad functionality worked into (Which admittedly, was more of detriment in many cases).

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
Target's page is worth watching, because it won't display anything when they're depleted. But last time they were stocked, it had an "in-store pickup only" option to click, which would then show you the Targets in your area and let you know if they had any. That one is worth watching.

It's also worth calling your local GameStop. They're getting stock in this week.
https://bgr.com/2017/06/21/nintendo-switch-where-to-buy-gamestop/

If you can hit GS on your lunch break (they usually open at 10, get deliveries mid-day), you might score one. I can attest to this.

View attachment 3413

I didn't get to eat lunch on my break today.

But I did get a Switch.

...and I'm afraid to look at my bank account now. Yeesh.
Unfortunately, my office is way out in the middle of nowhere, and I take transit, so lunch-time excursions aren't really an option. I keep my eye out, but haven't seen it yet. Also, we don't have Target in Canada. They tried... promptly lost a tonne of money and then retreated back across the border.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT I LOOKED AT MY BANK ACCOUNT.

You ever look at your checking account and just laugh?

https://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-agrees-to-be-acquired-by-enthusiast-gaming-443851.phtml

So Menashe and Enthusiast Gaming acquired Destructoid.

Destructoid is my jam. That's where I go to for news mostly (admittedly, they can be a bit slow on posting some news I see elsewhere) but I legitimately enjoy Destructoid and their staff. No, I don't post there. These past few months I found myself drifting away from posting on sites and as a result I rarely came here.

In their announcement, Papa Niero says Destructoid is still free to do it's own thing. I trust Menashe has the best intentions so for the time being, I believe that. That said (and this is coming from someone who never visited the front page in ages), I better not see any of our front pagers over there. Maybe I have no right in saying anything since I just up and left here suddenly, but Destructoid is pretty much the only gaming site for news I can tolerate. I would hate to see some of our writers appear on their front page.

That said, I will congratulate Menashe here and now for the acquisition.
To think a small blog a few years back has this much saying power now.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Samus is also part Metroid because of magical Metroid DNA injection that somehow changed her DNA. Again.

Samus is a Metroid and the last, ultimate Chozo warrior (also a Metroid).

I think I'm finally gonna take a break from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for a few days (been working on getting all the Medals aka Trophies, which is weird cause I'm usually not one for that). I'm not even gonna try to plan what I'm gonna play. I'm just gonna let my whims do the picking for me.

praisegrima

Samus is also part Metroid because of magical Metroid DNA injection that somehow changed her DNA. Again.

Samus is a Metroid and the last, ultimate Chozo warrior (also a Metroid).

I think I'm finally gonna take a break from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for a few days (been working on getting all the Medals aka Trophies, which is weird cause I'm usually not one for that). I'm not even gonna try to plan what I'm gonna play. I'm just gonna let my whims do the picking for me.

praisegrima
Saw you playing Wolfenstein the New Order the other day on steam. My whims is telling you to finish that.

Unless you already beaten it, then...I got nothing.

Odo

https://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-agrees-to-be-acquired-by-enthusiast-gaming-443851.phtml

So Menashe and Enthusiast Gaming acquired Destructoid.

Destructoid is my jam. That's where I go to for news mostly (admittedly, they can be a bit slow on posting some news I see elsewhere) but I legitimately enjoy Destructoid and their staff. No, I don't post there. These past few months I found myself drifting away from posting on sites and as a result I rarely came here.

In their announcement, Papa Niero says Destructoid is still free to do it's own thing. I trust Menashe has the best intentions so for the time being, I believe that. That said (and this is coming from someone who never visited the front page in ages), I better not see any of our front pagers over there. Maybe I have no right in saying anything since I just up and left here suddenly, but Destructoid is pretty much the only gaming site for news I can tolerate. I would hate to see some of our writers appear on their front page.

That said, I will congratulate Menashe here and now for the acquisition.
Nice!

I'm happy to see Enthusiast Co. growing!

Odo

The best one is called Fire Emblem Awakening.

You're this woman with amnesia, and this stunning looker of a prince gently picks you up off of the ground and into a magical world of adventure and romance. You have friends who have their own romances, politcal intrigues, a time traveling mask wearing daughter, an estranged father whose motives are mysterious, and so much more.

praisegrima
Awakening ....
:mshock::mshock:
:msick::msick::msick::msick:

Intelligent Systems has been hijacked.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Headed to St. Louis for a long weekend.

It started off with my dad refusing to go get blood at the hospital because he's tired of fighting. I get it and I don't blame him, what a rollercoster ride this has been.

Its fucking hot :msleepy::mcry:

Though actually today was a bit more cool thank christ. Who's with me in saying Winter > Summer. I like Autmn most its a nice in between but basically I'd rather be cold than hot; easier to warm up than to cool down.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Saw you playing Wolfenstein the New Order the other day on steam. My whims is telling you to finish that.

Unless you already beaten it, then...I got nothing.
Actually, I couldn't get it to work on my machine (conflict with newest AMD firmware), so I bought it on PS4 instead and plan to download it today so that I can start playing it this weekend.

praisegrima

Odo

Headed to St. Louis for a long weekend.

It started off with my dad refusing to go get blood at the hospital because he's tired of fighting. I get it and I don't blame him, what a rollercoster ride this has been.
I'm also putting up with some friends who are ill. To be fair, there are 4 people around me fighting cancer, one of them is young.

We all feel that cancer became too common these days. What are they putting on our food?

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Its fucking hot :msleepy::mcry:

Though actually today was a bit more cool thank christ. Who's with me in saying Winter > Summer. I like Autmn most its a nice in between but basically I'd rather be cold than hot; easier to warm up than to cool down.
This is something I notice Brits tend to say with regards to weather. It's either cold or hot. No in between. While in the Isle of Man, hitting 20C is considered "hot" over there, especially if it's sunny out. I call that typical spring weather. They should see what it's like when it gets to 30C or above in Wisconsin. :msrs:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Well 2017 you have proven to be a final boss so far.

Personally this year I'm driven heavily by my emotions, I'm a feeling guy that makes me be quite black or white for much of my life.

I haven't had much rest for my emotions this year and right now it has me stretched to the max. How that looks for a guy like me is pretty much 100% done with life, I check out from everything to get my emotions repaired and put myself back together.

Today I thought was starting off well, that maybe I would get a chance to evaluate things. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

Many of you will remember my stone project "the Great Wall". The man we did that work for passed away this morning, his name was Jerry Baker. A super kind, awesome and soft spoken man who started a relationship with my grandfather, and carried on that relationship to my dad then Cody and myself. Not only was he as a person near and dear to the Costello Family, but his property is near and dear to Costello Stone. One of the few places if not maybe the only place in the world to have 3 generations of Costello Stone to be featured on the property.

I was proud to know the man, and I know I will see him again. He passed in his sleep which I pray as much for us all when we go. God Bless you Jerry Baker:mcry:

Odo

"Reportedly, Nintendo is still exploring options on what it can do to take back the image as the vintage 20th-century online infrastructure system."

LOL. I found it funny. Quite true tho.. Less true than 5 years ago tho but true

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
It's definitely a funny article. My problem is that on the website it's listed as news, not satire. And for a site not known for satire, it gives the wrong impression.
If this article was posted on The Onion or some place like that, there'd be no issue.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Well 2017 you have proven to be a final boss so far.

Personally this year I'm driven heavily by my emotions, I'm a feeling guy that makes me be quite black or white for much of my life.

I haven't had much rest for my emotions this year and right now it has me stretched to the max. How that looks for a guy like me is pretty much 100% done with life, I check out from everything to get my emotions repaired and put myself back together.

Today I thought was starting off well, that maybe I would get a chance to evaluate things. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

Many of you will remember my stone project "the Great Wall". The man we did that work for passed away this morning, his name was Jerry Baker. A super kind, awesome and soft spoken man who started a relationship with my grandfather, and carried on that relationship to my dad then Cody and myself. Not only was he as a person near and dear to the Costello Family, but his property is near and dear to Costello Stone. One of the few places if not maybe the only place in the world to have 3 generations of Costello Stone to be featured on the property.

I was proud to know the man, and I know I will see him again. He passed in his sleep which I pray as much for us all when we go. God Bless you Jerry Baker:mcry:
I remember you showing me around that entire finished project last year, and yeah, that is definitely some pretty sad news. I remember you showing where the 1st gen of of your Family did the work, followed by your Father's work, as well as your guys' work. You even showed me some areas that only you guys would know about, and now some passerby. It was truly a site to see that day.

I'm always thinking of you, dude. :mhug:

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
I may be biased because Newfoundland, but shut up

Two reasons why I like summer more than winter.
1) We only get two or three months of solid weather...when it isn't raining or foggy
2) Sun dresses.
I'm a winter fanboy. On Sunday, it's going to be 33 C, and I'm not sure if I'm going to make it. Sun dresses are OK, but what I find much better is having a nice long winter, and then that brief period afterwards where the parkas come off and you get your first glimpses of the female form again.

Also, my sister is in NL at the moment - how's the weather?

Cubits

And on the flipside, this has been the most pleasantly cool winter we've had down under in a few years! It's still topping out in the mid 20's here, and it's been rainy and humid for the last few weeks, but anything's a relief after our summers.

I've got my side-gig up and running now, making custom arcade sticks. I've already sold a few, and i'm just ramping up the options list now. Laser cutting is so much easier than doing crap by hand (and by hand i mean using power tools which make it easier than actually by hand, but screw that noise too!).

I'm currently getting a shopfront set up to automate the ordering process, and after my wedding in August i'll be setting up local suppliers to deliver across the US and UK. I'm a bit financially constrained by outrageously priced flowers and photographers right now.

If y'all want to play USF2 the right way, i'll be doing mates rates. ;)