The Great CT - Community Thread

GaemzDood

What does this even mean, ADD doesn't make you unintelligent or incapable of understanding complex things, it makes you more susceptible to distractions, typically when you are bored. Adderall, like most stimulants had a reverse effect on people with ADD then it dies with others... Kind of like how a kid with ADD can calm down for sleep by drinking soda.

People with ADD tend to like complex things because they keep them engaged
Dude, I was joking because of precisely the highlighted part. I'm diagnosed with ADHD.

Due to the lack of stimulation one might get from a heavily text based isometric game, that's what I meant.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
Dude, I was joking because of precisely the highlighted part. I'm diagnosed with ADHD.

Due to the lack of stimulation one might get from a heavily text based isometric game, that's what I meant.
I am diagnosed ADD as well, and that has never been an issue for me, the bigger problems have been like, for example, blaze Blue, I played that open beta... WAYYYY too noisy, I couldn't keep focused, my eyes kept moving all over the damn place. on the boring side, it is never that the system is complex, though reading CAN be an issue as I have to re-read lines over and over and over until they stick... otherwise I forget the first half of the sentence before I finish the second half.

what you are describing though sounds more like what people think ADD is like then what it is

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
Man, I am trying with I Am Setsuna. I want to see the credits roll; I think Tokyo RPG Factory has a bright future; I think it's an admirable undertaking to try to update a classic JRPG style instead of re-releasing FF VI again.

...I know the Jim Sterlings of the world actually like COD's 6-hour long stories, but there's a reason Activision launches a dozen maps and modes to keep you busy for hundreds of hours instead of pressing X again to pay your respects....
I'm one of those Jim Sterlings. The single player of CoD is what got me into having any interest in it at all. Now that the single player is more of an after-thought (and progressively worse) than the multiplayer, it's difficult for me to care for the game. The last time I've played a CoD was Black Ops.

Buying computer parts always gets me excited for some reason, even if it's something as uninteresting as a fan.

Finished watching Jessica Jones S2. It was okay. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed, but I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't expecting to be disappointed. After all, Jessica Jones did set the bar a bit too high with the first season. Otherwise, I liked the plotline they had going on with Jessica and the antagonist. Felt like the entire season could've done with 4 less episodes. A lot of stuff dragged on.

I particularly didn't like the death of the doctor. It was stupid as f**k. It just felt like it was done because they needed an endgame conflict but no longer needed the doctor and just decided to roll with a poorly implemented reason for the doctor to kill himself.

Looking forward to season 3. I hope it doesn't take too long to release. It was very difficult trying to remember what happened and who's named what while watching season 2.

Last edited:

simplyTravis

"A nice guy, but looks like a f'n Jedi!"
Also, Pillars of Eternity II is coming to Switch. So, uh, if you like games with enough text to surpass The Republic, tons of world building, D&D inspired combat, and C&C, then get it. If you have any ADD that would put you off that, then pop some Adderall.
Duuuuude, you need to be in the Discord. I've been geeking out about this game since it came out on PC (and a bit before.) It's so well done. It seems like there is less text in this game, but it might be that everything is voice acted. Even a large portion of the non-verbal stuff is read out loud. It helps that the voice acting is good. I read very fast so most of the time I blow through the text and all my wife hears is stuff like, "Then he said..." Fire breathing drag..." "Arrrrghhh, what sho-"

I am currently thinking about also picking this game up for Switch because it's been that damn good so far. I have a feeling it's going to be my new Skyrim. Something I can come back to years later and try a brand new character because the feel is so different.

Aside from the excellent story and voice acting, the battle system is very unique. You can either control every aspect of the battle using a very tweakable autopause system or program in the AI to play in certain ways to fight for you. It sort of turns into a visual novel if you play with full AI. If you lose the fight, play around with the AI parameters then try again. You can of course give it directions mid battle if you want to do certain things, but you don't have to. I don't play like that, however. I am all about the control. I have it pause the game after using abilities so it feels like a D&D game where I control 5 characters at once. In the past I played where I kept my casters (wizards, ciphers, etc...) off AI because I'm picky with my spells. If you were to watch me play it may look very slow. I love the challenge and strategy that it provides even if it makes a 30 second match last 5 minutes because I gotta pause every 3 seconds.

Graphically the game is gorgeous. It also runs pretty well on potato laptops according to quite a few people online. I would expect it will look pretty nice on the Switch.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.

Socar

My uncle passed away this week in a car accident. He was just picking up my cousin from an exam when some drunken jackass drove a car and banged both of them. While my cousin wasn't in any serious conditions, he's a bit weak and still doesn't know the tragedy. We all mourned for his loss especially my mom and grandma.

I will solely miss him..may his soul rest in peace and I hope my cousin and my aunt can still live a happy life after this..of all the people to die, why did it had to be my uncle?

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
My uncle passed away this week in a car accident. He was just picking up my cousin from an exam when some drunken jackass drove a car and banged both of them. While my cousin wasn't in any serious conditions, he's a bit weak and still doesn't know the tragedy. We all mourned for his loss especially my mom and grandma.

I will solely miss him..may his soul rest in peace and I hope my cousin and my aunt can still live a happy life after this..of all the people to die, why did it had to be my uncle?
Sorry to hear that Socar. I hope your family finds some strength to deal with your loss.

theMightyME

Sorry for your, and your family's, loss

theMightyME

I've been following its development in the devs' Discord channel. It's been alive, just stuck in the approval process with Nintendo. At this point, though, it's going to drop into a market where people can already choose between ARMS, Pokken, Smash soon, BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, and probably Dragon Ball FighterZ sometime in the next year. So, RIP.
Honestly I think it looks more interesting than all but possibly smash .. I really dug that the game is about stepping away the excess and just having a clean system

mattavelle1

Crunk Ain’t Dead!!!

Sorry about your family’s loss Socar

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown

Sorry for your family’s loss.

Odo

That's just awful. Sorry for your loss.

theMightyME

So I have a confession to make

I have been listening to this audio book, it is a fantasy series where each book has kind of focused on a different character

I had heard the first 2 and an listening to the 3rd,and the protagonist of this one is gay, and a lot of the story is kind of the feelings between him and this other guy

Now I am very socially liberal but listening to this book makes me uncomfortable at times it feels like watching a sex scene with a parent

So I was thinking about it and I think it comes down to the perception of masculinity that I grew up with

Gay acceptance in society is fairly new compared to other civil rights issues, so even in the late 90s when I was in high school, derogatory slurs for gay men just weren't really considered bad in society... As a group they were heavily mocked in a way that feels kind of shocking now.

While I am all for a gay relationship for a protagonist there is still something deep inside of me that makes me want to distance myself, because accepting that makes me feel like I'll be socially ostracized... But that I will be but that is what growing up when and where I did had instilled in me...

It is deeply vexing that I feel uncomfortable it really bothers me (that I feel that, not the subject matter)

It is toxic, and the mentality of it isn't welcome, but it is there...

I imagine it is similar to when an older woman is embarrassed and uncomfortable when a younger girl isn't following gender roles. Our like a good father might feel from our generation of his son wanted to wear a dress... Not that they are opposed to it, just that it clashes with what we grew up to believe are societal norms

I hate that I feel uncomfortable... It isn't something that prevents me from watching a movie or show or from coring the book, but it is there and that surprised me.

I guess it also shows how underrepresented real homosexuality relationships are (and not just comedic moments) in TV, movies, and books.

Like even when there is a gay relationship, it isn't the same... Like in modern family the gay couple is almost desexualized, in a way that none of the other relationships are

Anyways, that is just an observation I had that made me feel a little shitty inside

Karkashan

Married to Chrom

I would like to know how this commercial got stuck in my head, considering I don't have TV. Eh, probably from my visits to family every week.

But yeh, we gonna start this Prime marathon off right today, with the very first Metroid Prime! (and I'm gonna play it on Gamecube just for the funsies, 2 and 3 will be the MPT version).

Why we doin' this? Cause Prime 4 will (hopefully) be shown off at e3 this year. Also, despite replaying these games to death in the 00's, many of us haven't replayed them in a long, long time.

I have been listening to this audio book, it is a fantasy series where each book has kind of focused on a different character

I had heard the first 2 and an listening to the 3rd,and the protagonist of this one is gay, and a lot of the story is kind of the feelings between him and this other guy

Now I am very socially liberal but listening to this book makes me uncomfortable at times it feels like watching a sex scene with a parent

So I was thinking about it and I think it comes down to the perception of masculinity that I grew up with

Gay acceptance in society is fairly new compared to other civil rights issues, so even in the late 90s when I was in high school, derogatory slurs for gay men just weren't really considered bad in society... As a group they were heavily mocked in a way that feels kind of shocking now.

While I am all for a gay relationship for a protagonist there is still something deep inside of me that makes me want to distance myself, because accepting that makes me feel like I'll be socially ostracized... But that I will be but that is what growing up when and where I did had instilled in me...

It is deeply vexing that I feel uncomfortable it really bothers me (that I feel that, not the subject matter)

I imagine it is similar to when an older woman is embarrassed and uncomfortable when a younger girl isn't following gender roles. Our like a good father might feel from our generation of his son wanted to wear a dress... Not that they are opposed to it, just that it clashes with what we grew up to believe are societal norms

I hate that I feel uncomfortable... It isn't something that prevents me from watching a movie or show or from coring the book, but it is there and that surprised me.

I guess it also shows how underrepresented real homosexuality relationships are (and not just comedic moments) in TV, movies, and books.

Like even when there is a gay relationship, it isn't the same... Like in modern family the gay couple is almost desexualized, in a way that none of the other relationships are

Anyways, that is just an observation I had that made me feel a little shitty inside
Being socially liberal sounds like torture. Another win for the machismo Latino!

Although I have mixed feeling about the DKR and DKTF, I do have to say that I love how detailed the levels are. If 2D Mario games put this much effort into their levels rather than relying on the abstract nature that most of the game use, I would be a lot more excited to play them.

mattavelle1

Crunk Ain’t Dead!!!
Although I have mixed feeling about the DKR and DKTF, I do have to say that I love how detailed the levels are. If 2D Mario games put this much effort into their levels rather than relying on the abstract nature that most of the game use, I would be a lot more excited to play them.
Both IMO are top notch 2D platformers. Super challenging also

Odo

If only they had kept that original trilogy feeling, I'd have liked them more.

If only they had kept that original trilogy feeling, I'd have liked them more.
True, although compared to other classic Nintendo titles, DK has (so far) been dealt a much nicer fate; at its heart it still looks and plays like a DK Country game. I certainly would love to see the Kremlings return, but the Tiki's and Penguins are far from the worst successors.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown

Personally, I appreciate the contemplation and thought you've put into all this.

theMightyME

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/425C0F5E-5E42-11E8-B622-82FF1441481E

Pachter at it again, this time rattling his ignorance on Netflix

He said that viewership is the only possible reason for Netflix cancelation ignoring past statements by Netflix that they are filling their lineup with specific demographic targeting

He wasn't happy enough looking like an idiot talking about gaming, so he wants to do the same for video streaming

This guy needs a job unrelated to opinion or insight of any sort

Last edited:

theMightyME

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
So, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is...alright?

It feels exactly like what its development history would suggest - a bonus game for a Kickstarter campaign made in 6 months' time. It has the look, it has the feel, and it has the tunes. It's like taking the hook of Castlevania III and removing some of the more adventurous level design. There's no standout here like Clock Tower or Castle Keep, and there's certainly no II-like exploration, so it feels very much like the original. Don't get me wrong, it's fun and hits my nostalgia spot (my N-spot?) pretty hard. But it's pretty by-the-book; it feels like a I-homage with the ability to swap characters. Good bosses. I've paused near the end just because I didn't want to beat it in one sitting.

Kinda embarrassing that Inti Creates did something in 6 months that (apparently) Konami can't do, period.

mattavelle1

Crunk Ain’t Dead!!!
So, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is...alright?

It feels exactly like what its development history would suggest - a bonus game for a Kickstarter campaign made in 6 months' time. It has the look, it has the feel, and it has the tunes. It's like taking the hook of Castlevania III and removing some of the more adventurous level design. There's no standout here like Clock Tower or Castle Keep, and there's certainly no II-like exploration, so it feels very much like the original. Don't get me wrong, it's fun and hits my nostalgia spot (my N-spot?) pretty hard. But it's pretty by-the-book; it feels like a I-homage with the ability to swap characters. Good bosses. I've paused near the end just because I didn't want to beat it in one sitting.

Kinda embarrassing that Inti Creates did something in 6 months that (apparently) Konami can't do, period.
Man I’m glad I finally found out the name of where shovel knight hit me.

The N-Spot is where it’s at :msilly:

Ah, that elusive N-spot.

So I just made my last student loan payment (baring any secrets they've been keeping from me). Today, I become a man. A very poor man because of how many extra payments I've been making in the last year and a half, but a man nonetheless.

Well, a boy at least.

EvilTw1n

Man I’m glad I finally found out the name of where shovel knight hit me.

The N-Spot is where it’s at :msilly:
Y'know, you can desensitize yourself if you hit the N-spot too many times in a row. One must be judicious with their nostalgia.
So I just made my last student loan payment (baring any secrets they've been keeping from me). Today, I become a man. A very poor man because of how many extra payments I've been making in the last year and a half, but a man nonetheless.

Well, a boy at least.
Dude. that's awesome! Congratu-frickin-lations!

theMightyME

Happy memorial day... Though I guess that isn't the best way to put it

How about

On this memorial day, I hope you find peace when honoring those we have lost in service to our nation, and happiness in the arms of your friends and family who remain to remember those we lost.

Happy memorial day
Those who died for our great country would be happy and proud at how well I did playing Modern Warfare 2 against my Xbox-owning cousins (with no gyro in sight!) Best kill/death ratio in decades, highest amount of people yelling and slapping my face, from White and Hispanic members of my family, and I even managed to pop a Tactical Nuke (using only a P90). Based!

mattavelle1

Crunk Ain’t Dead!!!
Happy memorial day
Those who died for our great country would be happy and proud at how well I did playing Modern Warfare 2 against my Xbox-owning cousins (with no gyro in sight!) Best kill/death ratio in decades, highest amount of people yelling and slapping my face, from White and Hispanic members of my family, and I even managed to pop a Tactical Nuke (using only a P90). Based!
My Marine dad would be proud! Did the check clear?

After all this foolishness Happy Memorial Day!

theMightyME

In 2 weeks and 24 hours we will have seen nintendo's e3... and be waiting for their fall direct lol

anybody think there is a chance we get a direct before e3? didn't they do one last year like a week ahead, a nindie direct or a 3ds one, something like that

EvilTw1n

Just got back from Solo.

It was...decent? Decent. If they only did the first half of the movie, but with more character development and exposition, it would have been great. But...Disney gonna Disney, and had to throw in moar action because moar.

theMightyME

Just got back from Solo.

It was...decent? Decent. If they only did the first half of the movie, but with more character development and exposition, it would have been great. But...Disney gonna Disney, and had to throw in moar action because moar.
I don't put that on Disney, I think the MCU stuff is very well balanced... Star Wars doesn't have the kind of Shepard that the MCU does, not nearly as good