The Great CT - Community Thread

Socar

Worst thing to ever happen to me.

Ordered the orzly tempered glass for Switch and the order hasn't arrived yet, removed the hori screen protector thinking that the dirt was underneath the screen and now my parents have pushed me to HCL thinking that it is the best place to work for me.

I hate HCL with a passion because its not dedicated place to work on game testing and I can pretty much guarantee that I am going to suffer there in the long run. I wish I could die someday so that I can be at peace.

By the way, is it safe to use the alcohol wipes for the Switch screen?

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
To anyone thinking about playing Warframe, this is a good read. Not just about the game itself, but about the business model of games as a service.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...er-at-the-crossroads-between-art-and-business

"It's the lovechild of Phantasy Star Online and Vanquish" is a helluva sell for a game. That's why I wanted to play it. But...this game isn't free. Oh, you never have to spend money, but the cost is your time. And that's the curious thing: it is effing amazing that you can get a quality game that you could sink 400 hours into and pay no cash for it, but the personal cost of that time sink kinda puts me off of the game.

simplyTravis

"A nice guy, but looks like a f'n Jedi!"
To anyone thinking about playing Warframe, this is a good read. Not just about the game itself, but about the business model of games as a service.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...er-at-the-crossroads-between-art-and-business

"It's the lovechild of Phantasy Star Online and Vanquish" is a helluva sell for a game. That's why I wanted to play it. But...this game isn't free. Oh, you never have to spend money, but the cost is your time. And that's the curious thing: it is effing amazing that you can get a quality game that you could sink 400 hours into and pay no cash for it, but the personal cost of that time sink kinda puts me off of the game.
I'm strangely enjoying Warframe but it's obvious to me that I'm only in it for now to fill in time before Smash and the next season of Diablo III. There are too many things unexplained in the game and too many instances where you build something then must wait for a day. I'd be ok paying a little bit for something like a Battle Pass just to support the devs but Prime Access is a crazy price. I also can't justify purchasing weapons that I could grind (forever) to get.

That being said, I think it's an important game for Nintendo from a graphics perspective. It's just gorgeous. This has no right to run so well on a tablet. Bravo Panic Button, bravo.

mattavelle1

Crunk Ain’t Dead!!!
Today was tough. Rode with my brother and cousin to get my dads casket. He was a very proud Marine. Because he was such a large man tho there haven’t been really anything to fit him. We got very lucky and found a place on the Tenn / Bama boarder about 4 hours away. They special made us one and we went to pick it up. So we had a lot of time to talk.

Pray for us the next 2 days for sure as tomorrow we have visitation, and then Friday is the Funeral. I will be speaking the eulagey

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Good morning TNE!

Steve2 and I are headed to NYC for the weekend, so I'm going to get to see the Nintendo World Store in person.
We have other things on the agenda (friends, family, dinners, Rockefeller Center, shows), but I'm excited to see the Nintendo Store.

Hope you are all doing well!

My God, the Game Awards were an abomination this year. Same five games in every category. "Reveals" that were for existing stuff ("hey everyone, it's snowing in PUBG!"). Trailers with no thematic composition and zero gameplay. A gahdam furry accepted an award.

I'm out. The show is irredeemable.
It could always be worse, somehow...
Konami set the bar pretty low back in the day.