The Great CT - Community Thread

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
When I saw the trailer, it looked like a mix of fun and overwhelming anxiety inducing play.
That's...pretty much the best review of the game anyone is gonna write.

They don't really explain how junk works in the game (your eliminated rows get thrown onto someone else's screen, but only if you clear 2-4 rows, so clearing a single is borderline useless), but otherwise, just keep your targeting on "random" or to whoever is "attacking" you, and it's great. As soon as the music tempo doubles, things get real anxiety-inducing fast. But fun.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
That's...pretty much the best review of the game anyone is gonna write.

They don't really explain how junk works in the game (your eliminated rows get thrown onto someone else's screen, but only if you clear 2-4 rows, so clearing a single is borderline useless), but otherwise, just keep your targeting on "random" or to whoever is "attacking" you, and it's great. As soon as the music tempo doubles, things get real anxiety-inducing fast. But fun.
Attack’s are random. There should be either one of the 99 light up, or a bubble over them for like 2 seconds then I moves on to the next person and if you get rid of lines the person that’s highlighted or whatever gets yours.

I’m getting it this weekend and I can’t wait!

So I tried the Yoshi demo and holy hell it is so freakin adorable. I'm not 100% on board with the now-even-easier jumping mechanics, or the simplified egg-collecting mechanics, but man, the whole game looks so great I'm willing to give those things a pass.

I also downloaded Tetris 99 and holy hell it is so freakin enjoyable. Just soooo much fun to play (aka, it's Tetris) and also the first battle royale game I've tried. Not that there's much in the way of strategising when it comes to knocking out your opponents (it basically boils down to just be good at Tetris), but I'm nothing if not really good at Tetris, so have been having a lot of fun with it.

EvilTw1n

Daemon x Machina has a lot of potential. My only problem with the demo is that, because there can be so much action happening at so many different altitudes, it gives me a bit of a headache. Not sure what framerate this runs at, but it certainly isn't a locked 60.

That aside, pretty damn fun. And a great visual aesthetic.
*pops out from under a rock*

What I miss? Minecraft has its hooks in me lately.

*Back to minecraft*
Pretty much just Tetris.
Not that there's much in the way of strategising when it comes to knocking out your opponents (it basically boils down to just be good at Tetris), but I'm nothing if not really good at Tetris, so have been having a lot of fun with it.
I suck at Tetris, and it's still pretty fun. The highest I've placed is like 11th. It can get pretty infuriating, though, when you've nearly cleared your screen with about 20 players left, and then like 5 people target you at once and unload.

I suck at Tetris, and it's still pretty fun. The highest I've placed is like 11th. It can get pretty infuriating, though, when you've nearly cleared your screen with about 20 players left, and then like 5 people target you at once and unload.
Don't worry, I watched the GameXplain video, and Ash repeatedly struggled to break into the top 50. The very first game I played, I placed 7th. The highest number of people I've had targeting me at once is 7, but when that happens, you just switch to target your attackers, get a couple of back-to-back Tetrises, and k.o. the lot of them!

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
You all doubted me some years ago, but I pretty much called it! Microsoft has a lot more to gain by combining their efforts with Nintendo than trying to duke it out alone, especially since they've never seriously tried to sell the Xbox brand as an isolated market since the X360.

Gosh, I hope this ends up being confirmed. It's unlikely that Microsoft will try this with Sony since Sony is a direct competitor to them in a lot of situations, and Sony still have that stick lodged up its arse ever since the PSX.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
You all doubted me some years ago, but I pretty much called it! Microsoft has a lot more to gain by combining their efforts with Nintendo than trying to duke it out alone, especially since they've never seriously tried to sell the Xbox brand as an isolated market since the X360.

Gosh, I hope this ends up being confirmed. It's unlikely that Microsoft will try this with Sony since Sony is a direct competitor to them in a lot of situations, and Sony still have that stick lodged up its arse ever since the PSX.
Damn, you were pretty close if this turns out to be true.
https://forum.nintendoenthusiast.com/threads/the-great-ct-community-thread.3083/page-111#post-136390
https://forum.nintendoenthusiast.co...teady-decline-for-years-now.3819/#post-144218

EvilTw1n

Sony is taking a victory lap right now; they have no incentive to work with anyone. But Microsoft is in a more interesting position. MS has been getting away from being device-centric for awhile now (killing Windows Phone and giving away Win10 for free), but Surface and XBox are still nice slices of the device-pie to have.

Sure the PS4 has sold about 90 million consoles, while the XBone is "only" at 41 million, but that's still a good chunk of the videogame market to have. You don't dilute that unless you're 1) getting out of the business, or 2) absolutely certain there's no way you're reaching a certain segment of the market otherwise. Maybe they view the Switch's handheld capabilities as a part of the market they can't touch. For Nintendo, it would have made a lot more sense with Wii U to say "yeah, we would love to have some of the XB library on this platform to prop it up." With the Switch, though, they already have more eShop content than they know what to do with.

GamePass is the really intriguing part...but streaming games without lag is the holy grail, and Nintendo is already figuring this out on their own in Japan. "The graphics are shinier" will probably still be the next selling point of something like the PS5, but after that, streaming will be the next big leap. So why let a competitor's streaming service overtake yours?

If Nintendo gets to say "sure, you can play Halo on Nintendo hardware" out of this arrangement, that makes for a huge E3 announcement. But I'm not sure if that's a penny wise, pound foolish decision.
Man, kinda wild to read some of the older responses. Even then, the forum was more lively. I miss that.

Congrats @EvilTw1n is that your first win? I wish I'd thought to screenshot my first win. I've loved playing Tetris since the Gameboy days, and in particular played a lot of N64 Tetris (it was a very interesting twist on the classic formula) but I hadn't played any Tetris at all for a few years before this week so was understandably a bit rusty by my standards. But I am absolutely loving this iteration of the game. There's just something about beating 98 other players in a single game - not just 1 or 3, but nearly a hundred other people - and being able to say that you're demonstrably the best in that particular round. It makes you feel good!

EvilTw1n

Congrats @EvilTw1n is that your first win? I wish I'd thought to screenshot my first win.
Yep, first and likely only. I screen capped the hell out of that on my Switch, then sat there for like half an hour drinking scotch and admiring my winner's screen.
I've loved playing Tetris since the Gameboy days, and in particular played a lot of N64 Tetris (it was a very interesting twist on the classic formula) but I hadn't played any Tetris at all for a few years before this week so was understandably a bit rusty by my standards. But I am absolutely loving this iteration of the game. There's just something about beating 98 other players in a single game - not just 1 or 3, but nearly a hundred other people - and being able to say that you're demonstrably the best in that particular round. It makes you feel good!
I was talking to Matt about this, but I hadn't played Tetris since like middle school, when my next-door neighbor had an original Gameboy. I sucked at it then, and never really looked back.

Took me like 10-12 hours of training in Tetris 99 to get good enough to win, but even that is contingent on factors outside my control (good run of RNG, not too many targets, likely facing opponents at the end who just had bad luck, etc.), so I'm not thinking I'll win again.

Still, it's just so damn fun. Like you said, there's something kinda magic about throwing down against 98 other people.

EvilTw1n

I knew my eyes were a bit worn out during the demo, and that the framerate was likely a bit choppy, but whew, that's low.

It doesn't feel that low when playing, but that's probably because it's somewhat hidden, due to there being so much skybox in some views.

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
That game is really giving me old Kojima vibes. Looks like fun. Too bad I don't have a Switch yet.

I dunno why it took me this long (or that I probably forgot it was mentioned or something. Can't imagine Nintendo letting this go unnoticed), but I now figured out that "Wii U" was just a cheesy branding of "We, You". Now that I think about it, the Wii U had some damn good 1st/2nd party titles.

Does anyone have Rise of the Tomb Raider for PC, and an Nvidia card? I just recently bought the game. It works and looks fine, but for the love of Jashin I keep getting a memory crash-to-desktop error during the first shrine puzzle when the ingame cutscene plays when you opened the floodgate. I don't want to have to refund the game. I was really looking forward to it.

EvilTw1n

Now that I think about it, the Wii U had some damn good 1st/2nd party titles.
The Wii U was freaking great. It had everything* we could've wanted from a Nintendo box. Off the top of my head: BotW (plus WW and TP remasters), 3D and 2D Mario, Monster Hunter 3U, Mario Maker, Kart, Smash, XCX, Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, TMS#FE, W101*, and Spla-freaking-toon. I put way too much time into COD and NFS, too. That's like a grand of $oftware.

We look at other "failed" consoles, and go "well yeah, the Dreamcast had all those shoot 'em ups," or "the PS Vita was home to all of these great role-playing games." But the top of the Wii U's library is as good as any console that's ever been released. That's why it's hard for me to call it an outright failure. It was the test ground for Nintendo's future, tbh. They learned how to make HD games on Wii U.

And just like you couldn't have had the success of the Wii without it using the guts of the GC, you can't have the success of the Switch without Nintendo essentially saying "no, this is good, but the Wii U GamePad should have just been the whole console." I really think Nintendo could've put a lot more effort into saving the Wii U, but they consciously chose not to. They knew they had the right idea, but executed it incorrectly.

[*...except Metroid.]
[**Not my jam, I concede, but I seem to be in the minority.]

I haven't written here in awhile, and as I can see, not many have either. Still, I want to give an update.

So 2019 hasn't had the greatest of starts. Nothing major just a few minor annoyances. One evening I went out to the kitchen and there was water covering half the floor, turns out my hot water tank got tired of waiting for me to use it that night and decided to come out and meet me. At the end of the day who really cares cause I rent my place and that's something my landlord dealt with. Stuff like that.

Then towards the end of January I was told I was getting laid off. This didn't come out of the blue entirely as work was pretty slow the last few months. It still sucks though so. So I've mostly been doing fuck all since then. The thing is the intention was for me to go back in May or June when it picks up again in summer. I also work for my dad so there are a few factors that were on my mind. Should I leave? Stick it out? If it was a random business I probably would have but it's the family business that I worked at for 6 years. Then with everything else and the winter blues I started feeling pretty shitty, felt like I wasn't qualified for anyt other job and I didn't know where I'd be in a year etc etc.

Fast forward to last week, I'm lying on my couch most likely playing a game or something. Dad tells me to phone him and I think to myself "what now?". We got offered a contract from a big business. Basically, our little family company does work for (let's call them X). X owns debit machines that we service. This company (Y) that phoned us deals with other companies' debit machines outside of X. Today we sealed the deal and we start April 1st. So I'm back to work a month ahead of time, we got more business than ever, I'm going complete full time to 40 hours/week (use to have 30) and we service around 80% of all debit machines in the city and neighboring towns.

So just like that, life seems to be looking out for ol' CoV. It also helps it's actually in the positive temperature range today and the sun is out. Feels like Spring out there. Also my Wii U Pro controller came in the mail so that's another thing.

Hopefully I can get more on my feet now. I plan to open a RSP soon, and who knows, maybe I'll celebrate by getting a Switch in this current lifetime. I hear Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 are kinda okay games right?

I also found a hummus that kicks all kind of ass.

So that's basically it from me. I'm just playing some Smash using my new old Pro controller. Good stuff. Level 9 CPU Mario can eat ass I'll tell you that.

edit: I also want to give a shout out to Kark. Last month she gifted me Resident Evil 2 Remake. RE2Make is a fantastic game and I can't thank Kark enough for giving it.

Another shout out to ET for having to sit through Kark's and I conversations about RE on our discord group.

Last edited:

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I haven't written here in awhile, and as I can see, not many have either. Still, I want to give an update.

So 2019 hasn't had the greatest of starts. Nothing major just a few minor annoyances. One evening I went out to the kitchen and there was water covering half the floor, turns out my hot water tank got tired of waiting for me to use it that night and decided to come out and meet me. At the end of the day who really cares cause I rent my place and that's something my landlord dealt with. Stuff like that.

Then towards the end of January I was told I was getting laid off. This didn't come out of the blue entirely as work was pretty slow the last few months. It still sucks though so. So I've mostly been doing fuck all since then. The thing is the intention was for me to go back in May or June when it picks up again in summer. I also work for my dad so there are a few factors that were on my mind. Should I leave? Stick it out? If it was a random business I probably would have but it's the family business that I worked at for 6 years. Then with everything else and the winter blues I started feeling pretty shitty, felt like I wasn't qualified for anyt other job and I didn't know where I'd be in a year etc etc.

Fast forward to last week, I'm lying on my couch most likely playing a game or something. Dad tells me to phone him and I think to myself "what now?". We got offered a contract from a big business. Basically, our little family company does work for (let's call them X). X owns debit machines that we service. This company (Y) that phoned us deals with other companies' debit machines outside of X. Today we sealed the deal and we start April 1st. So I'm back to work a month ahead of time, we got more business than ever, I'm going complete full time to 40 hours/week (use to have 30) and we service around 80% of all debit machines in the city and neighboring towns.

So just like that, life seems to be looking out for ol' CoV. It also helps it's actually in the positive temperature range today and the sun is out. Feels like Spring out there. Also my Wii U Pro controller came in the mail so that's another thing.

Hopefully I can get more on my feet now. I plan to open a RSP soon, and who knows, maybe I'll celebrate by getting a Switch in this current lifetime. I hear Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 are kinda okay games right?

So that's basically it from me. I'm just playing some Smash using my new old Pro controller. Good stuff. Level 9 CPU Mario can eat ass I'll tell you that.

edit: I also want to give a shout out to Kark. Last month she gifted me Resident Evil 2 Remake. RE2Make is a fantastic game and I can't thank Kark enough for giving it.

Another shout out to ET for having to sit through Kark's and I conversations about RE on our discord group.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!

I’ll be back to reply to this. My year has started much like last year ended, mountainous highs, with crippling lows. We will chat more here soon CoV

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown

So glad to hear things are turning around!
2019 hasn't been off to the greatest start here either, but I'm staying hopeful that things will work out.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Seems like 2019 hasn't had the best of starts for some here. I'm sure it'll work out.
I’m getting sometime to write this morning. And from this week in the CT, it’s rough out there for everyone.

Hot off the heels of last year I went into this year with a new outlook, and ready to wash 2018 out and start fresh.

It all seemed to start good enough. I was dealing with the passing of my dad well enough, my sister was goin thru with the divorce, my personal family was seeming to mend ok, and Cody and I have an opportunity to buy the rest of the quarry (giving us 14 acres in total), and I made the commitment to teaching 4&5th grade boys at my church and church has been great, So not bad at all for the start.

Now we fast forward to today, and I really am recognizing that I never have really mourned the loss of my dad. Before he passed we were dealing with my sisters drama, and now afterward it’s much the same but much worse now. I have taken on for whatever reason to be the shoulders of the family for a time, and now I wake up every morning needing to study my bible and just get calm before I wake up because this year thru everything I have been attacked with anxiety which I’ve never dealt with before and each morning is a huge struggle and when it passes it leaves me wiped out the rest of the day.

One of the major reasons for this is outtta no where 4 weeks ago my sister outta the blue decides to take here abuser back and it has left my stomach turned upside down. My wife and I are the only ones she haven’t told face to face, and that lets me know how she personally feels about her choice.

We have more guys now than ever at work and many of them have there own set of problems. Cody and I haven’t gotten the other side of the quarry yet (but this process is goin well to aquire it). Here we are at the end of winter tho and we are depleted in our funds for the company. When we get this low it normally takes a month to build back up, the weather tho here at the end of winter has been a major hinderance.

All the outside circumstances tho have taken a toll on my own family. To the point now where I’m probably gonna pull back for a time so that I can not only regain some energy and strength, but I’m trying to calm myself to let this anxiety go and it’s getting better day by day.

On a positive note for the day. I’m in Louisville and I’m goin to the state archery tournament my sons team made it to state together. Also if your on FB we just hooked up with a company that is doin our advertising now. My cousion Cody got his video up first on Costello Stone LLC. But please like and share Costello Stone LLC And also check out Costello Building Stone on FB.

I’m getting sometime to write this morning. And from this week in the CT, it’s rough out there for everyone.

Hot off the heels of last year I went into this year with a new outlook, and ready to wash 2018 out and start fresh.

It all seemed to start good enough. I was dealing with the passing of my dad well enough, my sister was goin thru with the divorce, my personal family was seeming to mend ok, and Cody and I have an opportunity to buy the rest of the quarry (giving us 14 acres in total), and I made the commitment to teaching 4&5th grade boys at my church and church has been great, So not bad at all for the start.

Now we fast forward to today, and I really am recognizing that I never have really mourned the loss of my dad. Before he passed we were dealing with my sisters drama, and now afterward it’s much the same but much worse now. I have taken on for whatever reason to be the shoulders of the family for a time, and now I wake up every morning needing to study my bible and just get calm before I wake up because this year thru everything I have been attacked with anxiety which I’ve never dealt with before and each morning is a huge struggle and when it passes it leaves me wiped out the rest of the day.

One of the major reasons for this is outtta no where 4 weeks ago my sister outta the blue decides to take here abuser back and it has left my stomach turned upside down. My wife and I are the only ones she haven’t told face to face, and that lets me know how she personally feels about her choice.

We have more guys now than ever at work and many of them have there own set of problems. Cody and I haven’t gotten the other side of the quarry yet (but this process is goin well to aquire it). Here we are at the end of winter tho and we are depleted in our funds for the company. When we get this low it normally takes a month to build back up, the weather tho here at the end of winter has been a major hinderance.

All the outside circumstances tho have taken a toll on my own family. To the point now where I’m probably gonna pull back for a time so that I can not only regain some energy and strength, but I’m trying to calm myself to let this anxiety go and it’s getting better day by day.

On a positive note for the day. I’m in Louisville and I’m goin to the state archery tournament my sons team made it to state together. Also if your on FB we just hooked up with a company that is doin our advertising now. My cousion Cody got his video up first on Costello Stone LLC. But please like and share Costello Stone LLC And also check out Costello Building Stone on FB.
Sorry for only getting to this now. Weekend was kinda busy, a few friends and I shot a short movie for a local film festival.

Anxiety is fucking garbage. My worst time with it was around 5 years ago and I still have days where I'm nervous and whatnot. It never got as bad as it did but even yesterday I was a bit on edge. Not saying you won't get over it, but I found the fact that anxiety isn't exclusive to myself helped. It's shitty first dealing with it though.

Congrats on your son and his archery though, in times like this it's more important than ever to hold on to/appreciate those good moments.

sjmartin79

Sorry for only getting to this now. Weekend was kinda busy, a few friends and I shot a short movie for a local film festival.

Anxiety is fucking garbage. My worst time with it was around 5 years ago and I still have days where I'm nervous and whatnot. It never got as bad as it did but even yesterday I was a bit on edge. Not saying you won't get over it, but I found the fact that anxiety isn't exclusive to myself helped. It's shitty first dealing with it though.

Congrats on your son and his archery though, in times like this it's more important than ever to hold on to/appreciate those good moments.
Agreed. Anxiety is awful. I've been dealing with that a lot over the last 8 months. Family things. It is helpful to know others are experiencing similar things and that you aren't alone. I've been more successful recently with easing the symptoms.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I feel weird giving a like to posts that involve problems and personal tragedies.

I'm just going to post the Russsian Face-Slapping Championship instead.

===========================

Also, here's a Eurogamer interview with Google on Stadia, for those interested.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...gle-stadia-phil-harrison-majd-bakar-interview
I only recently heard about face slapping competitions, and it's strangely interesting. I mean, who would've thought that could become something that people engage in. First it was arm-wrestling, and now it's face slapping.

I want to try it.

simplyTravis

"A nice guy, but looks like a f'n Jedi!"
Hey folks, I've been away far too long. As much as I like the Discord it's been a little hard to keep things rolling with Game Nights the last month and I feel like it's lost some momentum. So I plan on jumping back in here for a bit because I need walk through the old halls of TNE to remind me of what I loved about this community. Expect to see me try to get the old game night bandwagon back up and running along with more posts in the CT.

On a side note, I've been dabbling around with podcasting and started up a new one called Lamer Gamers if y'all get a chance to check it out. It's gaming news and commentary by two guys ( @Rowdy5000 and myself) who are trying to keep our gaming lives balanced with our professional (education & medical) lives while juggling married life.

Lamer-Gamers-noitunes.png

With that being said, HOW THE HELL ARE ALL Y'ALL?!?

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
So when is the torch passed in videogames potentially from dads to there kids? My dad not being a gamer I only had my older brother and I been beating that ass since day 1.......so hardly the same.

I just got outta the shower and my oldest now 10 says “hey dad not only did I have about 100 more power moons than you did (sidenote I’m around 380ish) in Mario odyessy.......but I just got you a ton of easy moons, and a new world you didn’t have that I just found!!! *all excited and proud*. Dumbfounded I found myself at “good job I appreciate that” but it’s wasent as confident as usual.........because I felt like I had just gotten wreaked it a different kinda way.

This post has prompted me to look at his achievements against me in gaming and maybe I need to come to grips with that both these boys probably gonna hurt my feeling on the reg and beat my ass! Now in my home it’s all earned, you aren’t given any win you have to bring it.

Y’all just saw what he did on my profile on Mario odyssey.

He has straight up beaten me 2 times in a 1v1 WiiSports Bowling (these were his first gaming victory’s over me about 3 years ago).

On the new smash the only way we are allowed to play because he beats our ass is like this. Him with a level 4 computer, vs my youngest and I. He had to be handicapped in this way we break about 1/1 and it’s competitive and fun for everyone.

Figured putting it out there might make me feel better.........but it didn’t. It’s really cool tho there competitive and very hard to beat and I love that. Ive been hurt to tho

simplyTravis

So when is the torch passed in videogames potentially from dads to there kids? My dad not being a gamer I only had my older brother and I been beating that ass since day 1.......so hardly the same.

I just got outta the shower and my oldest now 10 says “hey dad not only did I have about 100 more power moons than you did (sidenote I’m around 380ish) in Mario odyessy.......but I just got you a ton of easy moons, and a new world you didn’t have that I just found!!! *all excited and proud*. Dumbfounded I found myself at “good job I appreciate that” but it’s wasent as confident as usual.........because I felt like I had just gotten wreaked it a different kinda way.

This post has prompted me to look at his achievements against me in gaming and maybe I need to come to grips with that both these boys probably gonna hurt my feeling on the reg and beat my ass! Now in my home it’s all earned, you aren’t given any win you have to bring it.

Y’all just saw what he did on my profile on Mario odyssey.

He has straight up beaten me 2 times in a 1v1 WiiSports Bowling (these were his first gaming victory’s over me about 3 years ago).

On the new smash the only way we are allowed to play because he beats our ass is like this. Him with a level 4 computer, vs my youngest and I. He had to be handicapped in this way we break about 1/1 and it’s competitive and fun for everyone.

Figured putting it out there might make me feel better.........but it didn’t. It’s really cool tho there competitive and very hard to beat and I love that. Ive been hurt to tho
You are raising fine young men. All boys should be better than their father's if they are raised right...even in the video game world. Just remember that.

And if they get too uppity bring 'em to work and make them work in the quarry. That'll teach em, haha.

Just another update:

So last time I talked about how business was slow, and how this other company offered us a contract that solved all our problems. It seemed too good to be true hey? Well...yeah, turned out it was.

It's a bit of a long messy story but the short end of it is I think we got dicked over. They told us everything we wanted to hear. In reality the last three days have been hectic. I don't want it to seem like I'm opposed to an honest days work or anything, but this isn't how you bring in new employees or service partners.

Short version: Wednesday morning is when they send us the manuals and equipment like, a lot of equipment. They also started sending us work orders on that day. Their equipment is just different enough from what we're use to that it means every work order we do we have to shift through manuals to find the procedure. One call I did require us to phone the restaurant's help desk and enter in a password on the machine when they were done doing their job. Wrong phone number, wrong password. Cool, great, awesome, thanks for giving us outdated information to work on.

A few jobs we did we installed machines that didn't work either, so they're not very good at refurbishing machines which means more time for us replacing our replacements. Plus the amount of paper work involved with billing, inventory, etc is a bit much. The old service partner was 3 or 4 technicians and an administrative person. We're two techs. We can handle our other work no problem but they short sold us on how much there is in my opinion.

The cherry on all of us is my boss phone the company and just asked/told them how we were making out with it. The company said they understood, it's a transition blah blah blah, you're only two guys (then why give us the contract in the first place?). Thursday night was the call and they said they would ask the old service partner to help out and he'll send someone down to us to help out. The next morning they said they got another service company with 4 or 5 guys ready to go for Monday to help take the majority of work orders. Uhhhhh what? It took us weeks to sign the papers, do background checks, and get everything ready, and now you're telling us you magically got another team ready to go in 3 days?

I'm smelling a whiff of bullshit. I think we were never meant to be the service partners in the long run. I believe the old service partners wanted out asap and we were merely the guys they dump the equipment onto while the "real team" got put into place. They said they would like to have two service companies but I suspect once this new team goes into motion we won't hear from them unless it's a Friday night call or Sunday when no one else wants to do it. Of course I have no way of knowing for sure but this is what it feels like.

Well, I guess it wasn't that short of a version. With basically zero training, no time to spend with the manuals, work orders due that day, broken machines in our stock, and the pressure of the customers wanting service chop chop, it was overwhelming. I felt pretty sick Thursday night. So essentially I'm back to where I was three weeks ago. These last two months have been a bit of a roller coaster in terms of emotions but I'm strangely feeling a bit positive about it. I'm upset this didn't work out well, I had financial goals and whatnot set based on this new contract, so now having to re-rethnk everything again is frustrating, but it's also been a learning experience. If I do end up with a new career entirely at least they shouldn't be this bad. It did put things in perspective.

I'm also reminded of four and a half years ago when I lived with five roommates who stressed me out to no end. It forced me to move out into my own spot and in the long run it's been the best decision I ever made despite some annoying upstairs neighbours on occasion. Maybe this is life's way of telling me to find something else too. I have time, and I can work the summer so it's not like I need a new job yesterday or anything. Thankfully I have no student loans or credit card debt or a family to support so in terms of that I'm fine. I'm really trying to stay positive here.

And who knows, perhaps the company will honor what they say and still give us occasional works orders and maybe that'll be enough for me to keep this job too. I have much to think about and I am nervous, but perhaps in the long run everything will be better like when I first moved out.

tl;dr Weekends are a life saver.

Koenig

The Architect
Since I have not posted much in a while, here's a brief update on the goings on in my neck of the woods:

If all goes well I will be graduating with a bachelors in Electrical & Computer Engineering Technology this May, provided I can survive the next few weeks with C+ or higher in all my classes.

Meanwhile I have been scrambling to find and lineup full time employment for when I graduate, as minimum wage won't make a dent in my student loans.

Likewise, been juggling working part time, and spending what little time I do have on Minecraft (that game satisfies my building addiction in a way few others can match) So I have not had much time left over to spend here.

Big Bless!!

Remember to breathe easy long fellow.

Jesus always guides you back there.

simplyTravis

Man, last week was terrible. I pulled a back muscle that radiated around to my ribs on the right side then across my chest to the shoulder on the left side. If you can imagine being given a nice, refreshingly breathless hug from an electric eel that hurts so bad that you can't talk straight, then you have an idea of what it felt like.

This...but painful. Not fun.

So, I left work and thought things would be cool the next day. I'd take a muscle relaxer and be chill. Oooooh no sir. Apparently the local stomach flu going around decided to travel along with me on the way home that day. So now, not only was in in pain, I was vomiting (amongst other things) when I was supposed to be resting, making the electric eel pain happen over and over and over again...

Life, "Oh..you need a break..bless your heart....SCREW YOU, FEEL ALL THE PAIN MWAHAHAHAHA"

But this week I'm not feeling like I'm dying as much. So I got that going for me.

sjmartin79

Things are beginning to take a turn for the better in the Land o' Steves.
We may finally have some traction on in our quest to adopt a child out of foster care.
I fought for an appropriate (in my opinion) raise at work and got it.
Family things that have been difficult look like they could be coming to a good conclusion in mid-June.
Fingers crossed things continue on this upswing, because I'm starting to feel like myself again. I can tell this because I've started gaming again on a regular basis. For a bit there, I didn't have the energy or desire to game.
Life can be a real bitch sometimes. Again, thankful things are improving.

Wish you all a great Wednesday!