The Great CT - Community Thread

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
It's almost time for Super Mario Maker 2!!!
I can't wait!
This will be a busy weekend for me, but I want to get some time in to play some of the story mode as well as to make a level. If it goes the same as the first Mario Maker, it usually takes me between 4-8 hours to make a level, then quality control testing by me and Steve2 (want a second set of eyes before I upload it. He's always good about trying to "break" the level where in my head there is only one way to play the levels I design.).
My oldest is way fired up about this

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
My daughter is well keen on SMM2, even though we never played the first one. I guess I'll have to buy it sooner or later, for her. Then I'll get somewhat addicted to it myself, no doubt. Exactly what happened with Minecraft.
Personally it is not my game at all. But the addiction is real some how or another for my boys.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Personally it is not my game at all. But the addiction is real some how or another for my boys.
For me, the first one was definitely an addiction. I would keep a list of level ideas, then start plotting them out, then I'd work on them. For me, the creating aspect was the biggest draw.
I know for others, they loved playing all the levels that were created.
I honestly don't remember what it was that finally pulled me out of the addiction. I don't know if I ran out of ideas or if another game came along that took my attention away.
One thing I'm glad about this time is that all of the creation tools will be available from the beginning.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
God, like, I'm wanting to wait on SMM2 but the more I see of it the more I need it now.

So if I end up adding it to my Games Completed list here in the next couple of weeks, ya'll know what happened to me.

sjmartin79

A day at the beach.

For real though, this summer sucks so far. Most weekends are raining and the temperature is staying in the 10s
Trade you. Since June, we have most days in the mid 90s (Fahrenheit), with heat index over 100, and we went for most of May with no rain. Thankfully we've had some rain recently, but it's been 5 days without rain now. (Florida in the summer with lack of rain is not a pleasant thing.)

The rest of summer video game wise is gonna be quite retro for me. I found a copy of Final Fantasy 1+2 Dawn of Souls for the GBA the other day. The Messenger just released it's free DLC campaign, Ion Fury (previously Ion Maiden) is launching in full in August, I still have to pick up Bloodstained, and Blazing Chrome just released.

Final Fantasy, not-Ninja Gaiden, not-Duke Nukem, not-Castlevania and not-Contra. Phew lads indeed.

Currently I'm playing Prey (not-System Shock) and I'm completely sold on it. I'm an idiot for sleeping on it so long considering I love System Shock and Arkane Studios, but so far it's a home run. Feels like it has been awhile since I'd be excited throughout the work day to come home and start playing a game again.

(Despite a lot of these games being similar or paying homage to other games, I mean it in good spirits about the whole "not" thing. This summer is gonna be, as the kids say, lit af)

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
The rest of summer video game wise is gonna be quite retro for me. I found a copy of Final Fantasy 1+2 Dawn of Souls for the GBA the other day. The Messenger just released it's free DLC campaign, Ion Fury (previously Ion Maiden) is launching in full in August, I still have to pick up Bloodstained, and Blazing Chrome just released.

Final Fantasy, not-Ninja Gaiden, not-Duke Nukem, not-Castlevania and not-Contra. Phew lads indeed.

Currently I'm playing Prey (not-System Shock) and I'm completely sold on it. I'm an idiot for sleeping on it so long considering I love System Shock and Arkane Studios, but so far it's a home run. Feels like it has been awhile since I'd be excited throughout the work day to come home and start playing a game again.

(Despite a lot of these games being similar or paying homage to other games, I mean it in good spirits about the whole "not" thing. This summer is gonna be, as the kids say, lit af)
I've had Dishonored 2 and Prey for a while now, and haven't played either yet. And I loved Dishonored 1. I don't know what I'm waiting for.

I've had Dishonored 2 and Prey for a while now, and haven't played either yet. And I loved Dishonored 1. I don't know what I'm waiting for.
I had a great time with Dishonored 2, probably around the same as 1. I'd have to play 2 again but I'd say they're on par with each other. I have yet to play Death of the Outside yet.

No idea why I wait so long to play Arkane games.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.

sjmartin79

If I had younger kids that were gamers (maybe 12 or younger), I would get them a Switch Lite in a heartbeat. I truly think that's the demo they are going for most with this iteration.

I don't see me buying a new Switch until the Pro comes out, and I still think that is a possibility. I'd say that will be announced at e3 next year probably. And here's my huge guess as to what it will do: 1080p in handheld, higher in docked. Better battery. Larger internal memory to start.

Edit: though I do think I need new joycons. My right joycon has a drifting cursor. (I know, it's usually the left that is the problem.) I've found ways to temporarily fix the issue, but it gets annoying. May see if there are any sales during Prime Days.