The Great CT - Community Thread

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Good vibes sent, amigo. They think the storm will turn north...but they don't know when. (And it's taking its time; I saw earlier today that it was only moving at 1 mph.)
As of right now, my area of FL on the Gulf Coast is out of the danger zone. Fingers crossed that continues.
I'm just shocked at the devastation this has caused in the Bahamas. Unreal.
And it was so close to tying for the strongest storm ever recorded.

sjmartin79

We get a 40 minute Nintendo Direct today!
Besides Link's Awakening, Luigi 3, and new Pokemon, what are you guys hoping to see?

As always, my answer will be "Metroid Prime Trilogy HD for Switch"
I would also like Wonderful 101 port, Super Mario 3D World port, Pikmin Trilogy HD for Switch (Yes, I know, a lot of ports)
In terms of new content, I would like to see an update to Super Mario Maker 2 and hopefully it's Super Mario 2 textures and enemies.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
We get a 40 minute Nintendo Direct today!
Besides Link's Awakening, Luigi 3, and new Pokemon, what are you guys hoping to see?

As always, my answer will be "Metroid Prime Trilogy HD for Switch"
I would also like Wonderful 101 port, Super Mario 3D World port, Pikmin Trilogy HD for Switch (Yes, I know, a lot of ports)
In terms of new content, I would like to see an update to Super Mario Maker 2 and hopefully it's Super Mario 2 textures and enemies.
The one thing I'm really hoping to see is MonolithSoft's new game, but it's probably more likely we'll see that in a January Direct. Other than that, it would be cool to finally see Bayo 3, SMT5, and maybe a little bit more of BotW2 (though that might be more of an E3 2020 blowout).

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
That Direct was a scene, man.

In the Wii U years, getting a port of the biggest FPS in gaming would have been a megaton.

In the Switch years, that announcement has trouble getting recognized between JRPG remasters.

(I called it on the TMS port. It made more and more sense as Switch became a bigger success. You don't put that much effort into an exclusive RPG to leave it as a Wii U-only game.)

leave it as a Wii U-only game.)
Pour one out for Wonderful 101 and Xenoblade X.

I'm not denying that was a packed Direct, but if I wasn't already interested in a Switch, I don't think that Direct would have done much to persuade me.

Personally, I'm already interested in Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion 3. That said, Xenoblade remaster is a very nice surprise. I always thought it was a shame to leave the three Rainfall games on Wii, those games can be beautiful if put on better hardware. Here's hoping for a Pandora's Tower remaster.

Doom 64 is great too. Weird how it's releasing on the same day as Eternal though.

sjmartin79

Steve2 is still hoping for a Xenoblade X port to the Switch. He saw how much fun I had with it and how much I loved it, but he never got to play it. He's excited for the TMS port.

I'll be getting the Witcher 3 port. So, I have several games for Fall to get: Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, Witcher 3, Luigi's Mansion 3, and new Pokemon. That will keep me busy for a good long while.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Pour one out for Wonderful 101 and Xenoblade X.
I'm sure they'll get the obvious remaster treatment at some point. But Atlas has a habit of doing some sort of ultimate version of their games, so that's why I kinda expected TMS to get it, too.

(And if Atlus plays their cards right, this could be a series of its own, imo.)
I'm not denying that was a packed Direct, but if I wasn't already interested in a Switch, I don't think that Direct would have done much to persuade me.
Oh I agree there, but not every Direct can bring the megatons. I think part of the strategy with Directs is to keep people who already own a Switch engaged. There's a lot of content out there to grab our attention across the board, y'know? You gotta get people to buy your system, but you also gotta keep them playing.
Personally, I'm already interested in Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion 3. That said, Xenoblade remaster is a very nice surprise. I always thought it was a shame to leave the three Rainfall games on Wii, those games can be beautiful if put on better hardware. Here's hoping for a Pandora's Tower remaster.

Doom 64 is great too. Weird how it's releasing on the same day as Eternal though.
Pandora's Tower in HD would be sweet, but even with the Switch bringing out eclectic non-AAA releases, I don't think the audience is there for it. "Castlevania, but Shadow of the Colossus, but also Japanese dating sim" is a pretty narrow target.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Pandora's Tower in HD would be sweet, but even with the Switch bringing out eclectic non-AAA releases, I don't think the audience is there for it. "Castlevania, but Shadow of the Colossus, but also Japanese dating sim" is a pretty narrow target.
As much as I personally want to say that I believe in that audience, I think it's just far more likely for Ganbarion to port one of the 20 One Piece games they've released in the past 8 years. Those will print money, especially in Japan.

Then they can make a big-budget Pandora's Tower 2

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
We watched Saw last night. Not really a horror, but pretty gruesome so I'd say it fits. The Lady had never seen it before, so all the way through she was guessing who the jigsaw killer was. Needless to say, she didn't get anywhere near to the actual guy. Still a great twist, then.
The first Saw was the closest movie to Se7en as far as twist at the end of a movie that I had seen in a long time. The first Saw was a great movie for me

sjmartin79

We watched Saw last night. Not really a horror, but pretty gruesome so I'd say it fits. The Lady had never seen it before, so all the way through she was guessing who the jigsaw killer was. Needless to say, she didn't get anywhere near to the actual guy. Still a great twist, then.
Such a good movie! I definitely never saw that Twist coming.

We ended up watching "Ma", which was okay. Wait for it to come to streaming before watching it if you want to see it.

We watched "Aquaman" this weekend, and I was very impressed with this. They made Aquaman cool. I've not been a fan of the DC extended universe, but they did a great job with Wonder Woman and Aquaman.