The Great CT - Community Thread

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
*brings up chair*

What's troubling you, my friend? Care to explain what's bothering you?
Apparently Sony has this Parent/Child account setting on the PS4. For whatever reason, my youngest brother created an account with his actual age at the time (who does that?). Alright, fine. So now my account basically oversees their wallet amount and age rating allowance.

For reasons unknown, there are separate wallets for Family and your own account, but it isn't immediately clear how to load currency onto it or that it even exists, and you'd likely never notice until you actually try to purchase things this way. Normally, I'd keep to my own account unless a game doesn't have multiple save-files (which should be a crime), but I digress. Apparently there's an option to upgrade a child account into an official adult account after they become of age. I did so immediately.

So I purchased two separate $10 PSN codes, one for my account and one for my brother's, both codes with the intention of purchasing 2 separate battle-passes for my two brothers. I purchased the battle pass and I get a notification from my email. That was odd. My email isn't tied to my brother's account so why did I get a notification that I purchased the darn thing despite loading money onto his account? I moved on to my personal account to purchase another battlepass on my account and got an error stating my wallet is dry. Dafuq? I checked my brother's wallet and it's also empty.

So because I purchased from my brother's account, it drew currency from both wallets and charged us $10 each, because apparently my brother's account is still tied to my wallet unless I remove him from my "family". But even so, it should not have registered as a double purchase and both accounts should have separate wallets, especially if his account is no longer a child account.

----
So I hit up Playstation's "chat customer service". "I've done this before with Blizz, so maybe it's the same?" I'm an arse.
You have to go through a bot that polices and filters your request before you're allowed an audience with a representative. No problem, but the entire thing is a waste of time and space, because there are obviously limited options which allows you an audience or not, and being denied takes you to a page highlighting a refund policy that kinda makes sense until you think about it a bit more. No one requesting a refund will ever be barred from the bot, the options doesn't fit every case, and reps are only allowed to tackle what was submitted, so why does it exist? It isn't convenient for the rep or the client.

A rep finally comes along and I explained my situation, only to be denied because of the Refund policy. Keep in mind that you have 60 seconds to submit a response, regardless of activity, otherwise you'd be timed out and booted from the ticket. Now, the refund policy states that,

"You can cancel a digital content purchase within 14 days from the date of transaction, provided that you have not started downloading or streaming it. Digital content that you have started downloading, streaming and in-game consumables that have been delivered, are not eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty. "

Sony also has a separate and specific policy for subscription-based purchases like battle-passes, where it's possible to get a refund, but the above statement mentions "Digital content that you have started downloading, streaming and in-game consumables that have been delivered, are not eligible for a refund ", so it's a contradiction. And in my case, I didn't even receive the repeat product. You also can't stop a battle-pass subscription from being downloaded. I was just charged twice.

After reiterating why their policy shouldn't be applicable to my situation since I was charged twice for one purchase and not receiving the respective product, the rep conceded, BUT I HAVE TO REAPPLY A TICKET BECAUSE I CAN NOW ONLY GET A REFUND FROM MY BROTHER'S ACCOUNT AND THEY COULD ONLY WORK WITH WHAT WAS ENTERED THROUGH THE BOT.

So I did just that, going through the shitty bot again. I pasted my previous conversation towards the new rep so I wouldn't have to go through the trouble of explaining again. This rep just pasted their return policy again and then attempted to amuse me. After taking the relevant account information, in less than 10 seconds stated that after running it through his higher-ups (sure, you did), I wasn't eligible for a refund. The timeout counter, counting down and despite there clearly being a prompt that there was activity, the rep disconnected the chat.

And all this happened because Sony doesn't have a damn gifting option!

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Apparently Sony has this Parent/Child account setting on the PS4. For whatever reason, my youngest brother created an account with his actual age at the time (who does that?). Alright, fine. So now my account basically oversees their wallet amount and age rating allowance.

For reasons unknown, there are separate wallets for Family and your own account, but it isn't immediately clear how to load currency onto it or that it even exists, and you'd likely never notice until you actually try to purchase things this way. Normally, I'd keep to my own account unless a game doesn't have multiple save-files (which should be a crime), but I digress. Apparently there's an option to upgrade a child account into an official adult account after they become of age. I did so immediately.

So I purchased two separate $10 PSN codes, one for my account and one for my brother's, both codes with the intention of purchasing 2 separate battle-passes for my two brothers. I purchased the battle pass and I get a notification from my email. That was odd. My email isn't tied to my brother's account so why did I get a notification that I purchased the darn thing despite loading money onto his account? I moved on to my personal account to purchase another battlepass on my account and got an error stating my wallet is dry. Dafuq? I checked my brother's wallet and it's also empty.

So because I purchased from my brother's account, it drew currency from both wallets and charged us $10 each, because apparently my brother's account is still tied to my wallet unless I remove him from my "family". But even so, it should not have registered as a double purchase and both accounts should have separate wallets, especially if his account is no longer a child account.

----
So I hit up Playstation's "chat customer service". "I've done this before with Blizz, so maybe it's the same?" I'm an arse.
You have to go through a bot that polices and filters your request before you're allowed an audience with a representative. No problem, but the entire thing is a waste of time and space, because there are obviously limited options which allows you an audience or not, and being denied takes you to a page highlighting a refund policy that kinda makes sense until you think about it a bit more. No one requesting a refund will ever be barred from the bot, the options doesn't fit every case, and reps are only allowed to tackle what was submitted, so why does it exist? It isn't convenient for the rep or the client.

A rep finally comes along and I explained my situation, only to be denied because of the Refund policy. Keep in mind that you have 60 seconds to submit a response, regardless of activity, otherwise you'd be timed out and booted from the ticket. Now, the refund policy states that,

"You can cancel a digital content purchase within 14 days from the date of transaction, provided that you have not started downloading or streaming it. Digital content that you have started downloading, streaming and in-game consumables that have been delivered, are not eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty. "

Sony also has a separate and specific policy for subscription-based purchases like battle-passes, where it's possible to get a refund, but the above statement mentions "Digital content that you have started downloading, streaming and in-game consumables that have been delivered, are not eligible for a refund ", so it's a contradiction. And in my case, I didn't even receive the repeat product. You also can't stop a battle-pass subscription from being downloaded. I was just charged twice.

After reiterating why their policy shouldn't be applicable to my situation since I was charged twice for one purchase and not receiving the respective product, the rep conceded, BUT I HAVE TO REAPPLY A TICKET BECAUSE I CAN NOW ONLY GET A REFUND FROM MY BROTHER'S ACCOUNT AND THEY COULD ONLY WORK WITH WHAT WAS ENTERED THROUGH THE BOT.

So I did just that, going through the shitty bot again. I pasted my previous conversation towards the new rep so I wouldn't have to go through the trouble of explaining again. This rep just pasted their return policy again and then attempted to amuse me. After taking the relevant account information, in less than 10 seconds stated that after running it through his higher-ups (sure, you did), I wasn't eligible for a refund. The timeout counter, counting down and despite there clearly being a prompt that there was activity, the rep disconnected the chat.

And all this happened because Sony doesn't have a damn gifting option!
That brutally sucks, dude. And yeah, now that you mention it, why doesn't Sony have a gifting option? Hell, both Sony, and Nintendo don't have that. Not sure about Microsoft at this point. But I know services like Steam have it, which is nice. But I know for Nintendo, if you want to "gift" something to someone's Switch, you have really one option: Buy a gift card for your friend or family member, deposit the funds onto their account, then go onto their system, and select the same that way. This is who my brother gifted me GRID Autosport for Xmas.

I've never had to use family accounts, or add people to my account, so I can't really offer much else except that hope this shit doesn't happen to you again.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
So we just had a record breaking storm yesterday. Not sure how much ended up falling yet but it was estimated more than 70 cms or snow with winds gusting to 120 km/h or more.

This picture is from one of our highways. 4 lanes with a divide in the middle.

View attachment 3637

And we have a state of emergency that may not be lifted until Monday
Damn, you guys have snowmobile highways?
Stay safe man.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
No, but people who have snowmobiles will just go on the road if need be. One woman went into labor and had to be driven on a skidoo to the hospital during the storm on Friday.
Man y’all are freakin hardcore. After you posted I watched from a ring doorbell the dude in Newfoundland posted it online. I watched y’all get all that snow, I was astonished

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
So we just had a record breaking storm yesterday. Not sure how much ended up falling yet but it was estimated more than 70 cms or snow with winds gusting to 120 km/h or more.

This picture is from one of our highways. 4 lanes with a divide in the middle.

View attachment 3637

And we have a state of emergency that may not be lifted until Monday
Damn! Stay safe. I was looking at photos of all that on Twitter. That is a crazy amount of snow.
And everyone down here is freaking out that it's going to get down to 38 degrees F tonight.
Your thing kinda puts it all in a different perspective.

Atomic77

Nintendo Switch Lite 4 Ever
I’m currently doing a self paced class in Microsoft Word at Moraine Park Technical College. This is my second time going through the Microsoft Office Certificate program.

sjmartin79

Life got busy with work and home, and i hadn't been here for 10 days. I expected to have missed a lot. I come back, and not much has gone on.
How are you guys doing?
Life as the parent of a teen is challenging. Especially jumping into the deep end of parenting and having to unlearn bad habits and develop trust, etc.
Finding time to game when I can. Playing Astral Chain now. Just started this weekend, but loving it so far.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
WOOT WOOT UNITE FO SHO!!! I’m pretty excited about this remaster or whatever they call them now. I need to play Astral Chain also. I’ve been out on games that I just can’t replay forever lately. Much like posting it’s been difficult to find the time to learn new systems and controls and just have time to get into a new game.

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
Hey folks! We made our first real Youtube video and posted it! If you want to know what Ring Fit Adventure is like give it a watch. Also...expect an extremely lame skit at the beginning featuring myself and Rowdy5000.

YOU GOTTA HAVE THE GAMES TO GET THE GAINS!

That being said, I'm actually going to try using a combination of Ring Fit Adventure and Noom Volumetrics to get myself back in the 200's gang. I'm a large dude and haven't been under 300 in a few years. It will be my Ring Fat Adventure! If anybody else has the game I'd love to see how y'all are doing with it!

I hope everyone is doing well over here at TNE! Don't forget us over at the GW Discord. I still chat there daily even though my focus on gaming community has definitely broadened recently as I'm trying to create a whole new kinda thing. You guys have inspired me to keep this kinda wacky stuff up with the podcast and now moving into the Youtube content.

MANGANian

GOD BLESS PLATINUM GAMES! Now do Revengeance!
Question about Kickstarters, does the pledging window lasts until the stated deadline or until all stretch goals have been met?

Finally finished Horizon: Zero Dawn. Turned out to be the first videogame I ever Platinumed. It was very difficult not to look for and do everything, and all it took me was 96 hours of my life. Looking forward to the second one, and hopefully there'd either be better human enemy AI or no human enemy AI. The ending was okay, but what you had to fight was very disappointing. I really loved how the story was conveyed in this game; definitely the best part.

And whenever a next one comes around, I hope they at least make certain weapons either very necessary for different occasions, or at least make your kit options very limited. There was little reason to try any other variations since they all sorta worked, some ridiculously broken than others (fire, tear, and ice), the stealth mechanic was garbage and the trap mechanics was a huge disappointment. Oh, and the game needs more dinosaurs!

Last edited:

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
GOD BLESS PLATINUM GAMES! Now do Revengeance!
Question about Kickstarters, does the pledging window lasts until the stated deadline or until all stretch goals have been met?
From past projects I've kickstarted, the pledging window lasts until the stated deadline. The exception is on limited rewards, those are first come first serve. I think if it doesn't specify that a reward is limited, you should be able to pledge up to the deadline.

sjmartin79

Hey folks! We made our first real Youtube video and posted it! If you want to know what Ring Fit Adventure is like give it a watch. Also...expect an extremely lame skit at the beginning featuring myself and Rowdy5000.

YOU GOTTA HAVE THE GAMES TO GET THE GAINS!

That being said, I'm actually going to try using a combination of Ring Fit Adventure and Noom Volumetrics to get myself back in the 200's gang. I'm a large dude and haven't been under 300 in a few years. It will be my Ring Fat Adventure! If anybody else has the game I'd love to see how y'all are doing with it!

I hope everyone is doing well over here at TNE! Don't forget us over at the GW Discord. I still chat there daily even though my focus on gaming community has definitely broadened recently as I'm trying to create a whole new kinda thing. You guys have inspired me to keep this kinda wacky stuff up with the podcast and now moving into the Youtube content.
I just bought Ring Fit Adventure myself. I'm starting on it tonight to see if I can use it to get back into shape. I don't have time to drive to the gym after work and all that is involved now that I have a child at home. But I can squeeze in 30 minutes doing Ring Fit.
Best of luck to both of us!

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
I just bought Ring Fit Adventure myself. I'm starting on it tonight to see if I can use it to get back into shape. I don't have time to drive to the gym after work and all that is involved now that I have a child at home. But I can squeeze in 30 minutes doing Ring Fit.
Best of luck to both of us!
HECK YEAH! Glad to have another person I can talk to about the game while starting it up again.

I'm restarting the game officially tomorrow. I had to clear it with my physical therapist after a recent back injury. I wish they would have sent me to PT years ago because I've just been dealing with back pain without any clue how to work out without running into potential pain. After today's meeting they want to try to get me back into the weight room in a couple weeks and I'm super excited about that!

Starting weight as of today is 312. Gonna see if I can get back into the 200's again after not doing so in a long while. Since I've ran into back problems. From the below 300 we'll see where we can go next.

Ring Fat Adventure begins tomorrow!

sjmartin79

@simplyTravis - I started last night, and after some initial confusion on how to hold the ring (with controller toward you, oops), I was good to go. I'm glad it starts and ends with stretching. That cool down actually did what it was supposed to do.
I did the whole first world, and I was sweating by the time I was done. That was an honest-to-goodness workout. I feel it in my leg muscles today from the squats and chair pose.
I slept better last night. We have a family event tonight, or I would be doing it again tonight.

The graphics are fun. The story is cute. And the workouts are no joke.

Good luck, Travis!
Here's to use both being more fit!

MANGANian

Just spent about a week watching the entirety of The Good Place. There were some lame episodes, but I don't regret watching it. The characters were a joy to watch, all the way to the end. I don't agree with a particular message in the series finale, but I guess that's how the other side sees it.

A week before, I binged the final half of Bojack Horseman. Man, it was something. Nice to experience another series that stuck the landing all the way to the end. And although the common consensus on the internet is that the penultimate episode was the best one, the series finale is my personal favourite. Everything about it was just perfect.

It's also about time I say my goodbyes to Hearthstone and Fortnite. I love just about everything about Hearthstone. It was one of those games I couldn't help but get really excited to keep playing. Despite being a major improvement over how it used to be about 2 years ago, I can no longer play the game without feeling like I'm just forcing it. It gave me a different type of feeling, where I still get excited for a game that I don't enjoy playing. It's strange, but I guess that's how emotions go: they don't always make sense in linearity.

Last edited:

Shoulder

Last Friday, my Fiancee and I closed on a house, so that makes us officially homeowners! :mgrin:

We settled on a 3br, 1bth with a 2 1/2 car garage house that has the benefit of being close to each of our families, and also in a nice neighborhood to boot. We have a few things to sort out as far as HVAC goes, but overall, it's move-in ready, and we both could not be happier finally being able to settle down...and hope to never move again. :mfancy:

We had a good snowfall yesterday, which required us to do our first shoveling of the property. Given the steep grade for the driveway, a snowblower is for sure in our future (on top of replacing the asphalt driveway with a proper concrete pavement in the future).

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Last Friday, my Fiancee and I closed on a house, so that makes us officially homeowners! :mgrin:

We settled on a 3br, 1bth with a 2 1/2 car garage house that has the benefit of being close to each of our families, and also in a nice neighborhood to boot. We have a few things to sort out as far as HVAC goes, but overall, it's move-in ready, and we both could not be happier finally being able to settle down...and hope to never move again. :mfancy:

We had a good snowfall yesterday, which required us to do our first shoveling of the property. Given the steep grade for the driveway, a snowblower is for sure in our future (on top of replacing the asphalt driveway with a proper concrete pavement in the future).
BAD TO THE BONE SHOULDER!!!! Congratulations that’s a great and exciting time!!!

Shoulder

God damn I'm glad I moved to Florida. Been in the sunny and in the mid-80's every day for the last 2 weeks. Why people continue to put up with those winters is beyond me.
Because the winter months are really not bad in the scheme of things. It also has an added benefit of keeping the insect population at bay. Fuck some of those bugs that roam around year around.

Shoulder

This past weekend was the final leg of the move into the new house. With the help of my future brother-in-law, the three of us managed to get everything transferred over from one side of town to the other without too much difficulty. The rest of the weekend was spent on getting some stuff unpacked, althoguh as of today, we are far as done being unpacked, and fully settled in. That being said, we do have a living room, a bathroom, bedroom, and my room mostly all unpacked and settled. :mfancy:

Speaking of the bathroom, we knew going into this the toilet had a leak that came from the ceiling down below, so we suspected it was the original wax seal that connects the drain to the toilet. We were not only correct on that, but also feared it had been leaking for some time, and that was made evident upon removing the toilet, and the vinyl flooring. Rotted wood through a good 2ft section surrounding, which meant replacing both layers of the plywood flooring. :mplain: We spent a good part of the day yesterday replacing it, and putting in a non-wax seal this time around, but by mid-afternoon, we had a working and non-leaking toilet! :mgrin:

We also knew buying the house it would be a fixer-upper, but for the most part, the areas that do need fixing-unlike the toilet, are not urgent that must be done right away. For now, we will continue unpacking, and getting settled, plus getting used to my new commute, which is twice as long as before, but it is practically half as long for my Fiancee, so she'll finally be able to bike to work at her leisure. :)

As my Dad texted me yesterday when I sent him a photo of the big hole in the floor: "Ahhh, nothing like home ownership to keep the creative juices flowing."

sjmartin79

Congrats! So happy for you! Enjoy this new adventure.
I understand the fixer-upper. We still have to replace the fence, and resurface the pool. Then we can focus on the kitchen cabinets and counters.
Just do one thing at a time.

MANGANian

I didn't know Dandara was having a huge discount together with a much needed free DLC on the Nintendo eshop before I bought it on steam, and now I'm considering against reason to triple dip on the game. I want to buy it again so badly just so I can play it on the go!

For anyone who loves metroidvania but wanna try something a bit different, platforming and bullet-hell-wise, I highly recommend this game! Movement takes a while to get used to, but it's very exhilarating once you get used to seamlessly pivoting yourself out of harm's way. The sound and visuals are amazing, and it's one of the better designed metroidvania of the indie pile, and is designed to be speedrunned.

I'll just give a fair warning that difficultly of the game skyrockets by the third act. If you're not accustomed to bullet-hell games, it's going to frustrate you to no end.

Last edited:

Shoulder

Congrats! So happy for you! Enjoy this new adventure.
I understand the fixer-upper. We still have to replace the fence, and resurface the pool. Then we can focus on the kitchen cabinets and counters.
Just do one thing at a time.
Yup. We are in the process of adding some additional countertop space because the Kitchen has a lot of open space, but not enough kitchen space for kitchen stuff. We're supposed to get our butcher block today, and create a makeshift counter space that is somewhat temporary until we decide to renovate the kitchen fully.

One of our projects this spring will be to patch up the driveway as it has some pretty big low spots that causes her car to actually scrap the middle of the driveway (it's asphalt if that wasn't clear). We'll take care of that once the temps warm up a bit. We also have a friend of ours who works in HVAC to have a look at our Furnace to see the current state of it as we have some questions on the condition of it, despite it being only installed in 2015.

I suppose not surprisingly, after the husband died, the widow and the daughter were not as handy as he was, so they went the cheap route on certain things such as the toilet, the furnace, and some other things. It's obvious based on the brands that were used more recently compared to the older stuff. The Dryer for example is 1990's Kenmore from Sears, but it still works flawlessly, but I doubt our current Furnace will last the full 20 years. We know we'll be having some much needed renovations over the next 5-10 years, which we're already setting aside funds to make that process more easy to digest when the time comes.

The biggest progect this year though will be updating the electrical across the entire house as it's currently on the original 100-amp panel, and because the house was built in the 60s, the outlets are not grounded (which wasn't standard at the time). Luckily, my Fiancee is very handy when it comes to electrical work, so we'll be replacing all the electrical outlets in the house, and rewiring everything. The panel, however, will be done professionally. It'll be daunting for sure, but it'll be a new experience to start fresh on things. :msmile:

Congrats again on being a parent SJ, I know you'll do great. I personally wasn't too hot on Astral Chain, to date I think it's my least favorite Platinum game, but I didn't play their tie in games like tmnt. Glad to see you're enjoying it.

I got a new pair of headphones, so I'm ready af for Doom Eternal and Resident Evil 3. The next few weeks will be fun.

I went over to a friend's house yesterday and tried the Final Fantasy 7 Remake demo. I'm...thinking I'm gonna pass on it. The gameplay was okay but a bit weird. You can manually attack, block, and dodge, but once you fill up a gauge from doing said actions you can pause the game to bring up a menu to perform spells, abilities or use items. It's not the smoothest system but I'm sure it's something one can get use to. You can use L1 to bring up a shortcut menu to not pause the game but it only has access to some abilities. L2 can bring up your party member's menu. Playing as Barrett wasn't that fun either. They really wanted to please both action and turned based fans.

No, ultimately what made me not as interested is the style. Reading Barrett scream his head off with PS1 animations was pretty charming, hearing him do it...bit over the top. Jessie is extremely thirsty for Cloud (flashbacks to Xenoblade 2 intensifies). The part where all this set in was the boss fight. Shit, this thing took 5 times longer than necessary. Do some damage, a cutscene plays, do some more, another cutscene, etc. Way too much in terms of cinematic flare. I know it's Square Enix, but jeez. I always wondered how they'd stretch a 2-3 hour prologue from the original game into a full 20+ hour RPG, and this is how. Make bosses absolute slogs, and have cutscenes every 2 minutes during gameplay. I'm fine with this style in Kingdom Hearts because hell, half your moves are little cutscenes in their own right, bu this? Over indulgent.

I really don't want to be hard on this game just because "muh original FF7" but this demo did not alleviate any concerns I had for it. I was wondering how'd they make this a full price title and how new story bits and dialogue would be. They're really not subtle on hinting what Cloud's deal is. Also, I'm still wondering how new parts will happen. Will everyone go back level 1 in each part? Will they carry over and be level 300 when the final part comes out in 2034? How many parts? Too many questions.

Instead, I'm pretty interested in Square Enix's other remake: Trials of Mana. I've been playing the original Trials lately on the Collection for Switch. Damn, just damn, this is some good shit here. I looked up some footage of the remake and it looks very charmy. I'll write more about Trials in the completion thread when I get it done, but, spoiler alert, I'm really digging it.

Hate to end this random ass post with a more serious topic, but take care of yourselves guys. I know NA isn't as bad as Italy or what the rest of Europe is expected to be like soon (yet), but be mindful of this pandemic. I admit I'm probably reading too much on this, but take care of yourselves and family. Hate to hear any of us getting sick or having someone close to them get sick either.

MANGANian

I really don't want to be hard on this game just because "muh original FF7" but this demo did not alleviate any concerns I had for it. I was wondering how'd they make this a full price title and how new story bits and dialogue would be. They're really not subtle on hinting what Cloud's deal is. Also, I'm still wondering how new parts will happen. Will everyone go back level 1 in each part? Will they carry over and be level 300 when the final part comes out in 2034? How many parts? Too many questions.
Square Enix seems to be treating this like those multi-discs videogames of old, so it's a safe bet that your data will carry over. Anything less and fans will be pissed. I had fun with the demo. Originally I was expecting the worst. I'm one of those who found it difficult to enjoy the old FF7. FF9 and 10 were so much better to me, with 10 being my favourite.

Dandara's boss music and boss battles always get to me. It's really fitting that the new content began after the defeat of my favourite boss and zone in the game. It felt like I was discovering something really cool for the first time, like I did back when I first played Super Metroid. It's too bad those who didn't adopt the game early wouldn't get this sort of experience based on comparison.

Over at the Trinidad and Tobago here, we have 4 confirmed, public cases of the good ole coronavirus, and our government went into total overkill. Shutting down schools and bars for somewhere between 2 weeks to a month. People aren't travelling or spending like they used to. It always surprises me when our government and our people actually does something. The culture here is normally ridiculously carefree to a major fault. Like having hurricane, flood and aftershock parties whenever something possibly catastrophic is about to happen or has happened.