The Great CT - Community Thread

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. And practicing social distancing.
Working in senior living, we're having to be extra careful. We've canceled so many plans, and in the evenings we are self-isolating. The only things we're doing are going to work and the grocery store.

Anyone else excited for Animal Crossing tomorrow?
Now that I just finished the brilliance that was Astral Chain, I'm ready for building my own island.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. And practicing social distancing.
Working in senior living, we're having to be extra careful. We've canceled so many plans, and in the evenings we are self-isolating. The only things we're doing are going to work and the grocery store.

Anyone else excited for Animal Crossing tomorrow?
Now that I just finished the brilliance that was Astral Chain, I'm ready for building my own island.
I’m living the same life as you. And yeah I’m thinkin actually of getting it for the whole fam

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
I'm desperately hoping this coronavirus thing gets resolved or resolves itself quickly. It's arguably the most disruptive event I've ever had to experience in my life thus far. I am very fortunate that I didn't end up on some of the worst side of the scale, but in hindsight that's because of a lot of unassuming decisions made by me and without me throughout the past 7 months. I used to think I'm one of those who have to work hard for things to go my way, but now I think that my luck just sorta builds upon itself and doesn't make itself obvious. On the plus side of things, at least I now have a personal and observatory reference for a pandemic whenever there's a need for me to write or draw about it.

Just when I thought I was done with Hearthstone, they made every kind of change I've wanted from the game since its first year. No more duplicates, card changes, a complete overhaul of my favourite Class and a new Class Hero, in addition to an overhauled ranking system with rewards that actually matter and a publicly detailed roadmap with the promise of new game modes. It feels like Heroes of the Storm 2.0 all over again, and that single-handedly rekindled my enjoyment of the game.

I hope you humans stay safe until this blows over.

Aki

C-virus has had a massive impact on us down here in New Orleans. As many of you may know, New Orleans’ main economy centers around tourism and the service industry that goes with it. It’s been about two weeks now since bars closed down and I’m personally feeling it big time. I feel like my whole social life is non-existent now. I’m taking all the necessary precautions which I do anyway like washing hands, disinfecting stuff... However, I’m still trying to live my life normally. Still working out, still going on bike rides, still eating out, still hanging with friends even though some of them are taking the self isolation thing super seriously. I will admit I’m spending more time at home than I’d like. Luckily, I started revisiting a lot of my GameCube games so that’s been sort of keeping me busy.

EDIT: I think I’ve watched every movie available through RedBox.

EDIT: Lack of sports both live and on TV is having severe mental effects on me as well.

Last edited:

sjmartin79

When I've been playing Animal Crossing the past few evenings, it's been nice to see your names pop up in the corner that you guys are playing too. We'll have to try to set up a time to do a TNE island tour. I'm moving at a snail's pace with the game, not in a rush. So my island isn't great yet. I believe my museum opens today when I get home.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
When I've been playing Animal Crossing the past few evenings, it's been nice to see your names pop up in the corner that you guys are playing too. We'll have to try to set up a time to do a TNE island tour. I'm moving at a snail's pace with the game, not in a rush. So my island isn't great yet. I believe my museum opens today when I get home.
So far my wife DLed it, and it’s been staright up crackrocks! I can’t wait to get it and that will be soon.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Yesterday began my starting to work from home, which has its ups and downs of course, considering I'm so used to the idea of physically going somewhere to work. The concept of being able to accomplish work-related tasks sounds very foreign to me, but I'm making it work. Practically converted my room into a temp. makeshift office until I'm back in the field, but until then, I'll keep trucking along.

Could be a lot worse though. I could be laid off from my job, and be fighting the virus right now, so I am very thankful to be in this position all things considered.

MANGANian

Offline play is the best way to play Smash. If not for the fact that I have people around to play with, I don't believe I would've ever bought it as much as it's my favourite fighting(?) game.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Every time I'm playing AC:NH, I see my Switch say "Mattavelle is playing Smash".

I'm still considered "Essential", so I'm working every day, but it's so stressful. Not sleeping well. Animal Crossing is my time during the day where I totally relax and just chill.
Also essential and your right it’s very stressful just being in the world right now.

sjmartin79

Anyone here have the real name of Andrew and visited my island on Animal Crossing this weekend?
Has Tom Nook as his icon right now on Switch friends list?

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
Hiya folks! It's been a long time. I've gotten pretty busy the last few years and life has changed quite a lot. Never more so than in the last couple of months.

It's been quite a long time, and while I rarely have a moment to drop in, I think of you guys from time to time. What with the current way of the world and all, I wanted to poke my head in to see how everyone's getting along.

Life moves forward for me. My dad was diagnosed with lung cancer last year. He finished his chemo/radiation in January and has been doing immunotherapy ever since. It makes this time a little more worrisome than it might have been otherwise, but it is what it is. And besides that, I cant complain about too much, so I'm counting myself lucky.

I've finally started to play some games again. I picked up an xbox and have mostly been playing Star Wars, and more recently the Telltale Walking Dead games, because what better way to take my mind off of quarantine than a game about post-quarantine apocalypse!

Also thinking about picking up Animal Crossing. My sister convinced me - it was the first game we really both got excited about on GameCube when we were little. We used to get up at 6 AM to go do stretches with the town folk by the fountain! She finally decided it was time to get a switch since Animal Crossing came out, but now they're sold out everywhere, so I guess no AC for her for awhile!

Anyways, that's my life update. I hope you guys are all doing great!

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Hiya folks! It's been a long time. I've gotten pretty busy the last few years and life has changed quite a lot. Never more so than in the last couple of months.

It's been quite a long time, and while I rarely have a moment to drop in, I think of you guys from time to time. What with the current way of the world and all, I wanted to poke my head in to see how everyone's getting along.

Life moves forward for me. My dad was diagnosed with lung cancer last year. He finished his chemo/radiation in January and has been doing immunotherapy ever since. It makes this time a little more worrisome than it might have been otherwise, but it is what it is. And besides that, I cant complain about too much, so I'm counting myself lucky.

I've finally started to play some games again. I picked up an xbox and have mostly been playing Star Wars, and more recently the Telltale Walking Dead games, because what better way to take my mind off of quarantine than a game about post-quarantine apocalypse!

Also thinking about picking up Animal Crossing. My sister convinced me - it was the first game we really both got excited about on GameCube when we were little. We used to get up at 6 AM to go do stretches with the town folk by the fountain! She finally decided it was time to get a switch since Animal Crossing came out, but now they're sold out everywhere, so I guess no AC for her for awhile!

Anyways, that's my life update. I hope you guys are all doing great!
Hey DD great to see you! Glad to hear things are well for you, and that’s a good report on your dad!

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Thanks!

How are you and your family getting along?

(Sidebar: Animal Crossing is downloading as I type this.)
All things considered (my wife is a RN in Tenn) we are doin well, my boys are 11 and 6 and there a ton of fun playing video games with and kickin it generally. My cousin and I bought a stone quarry so right now we are totally self reliant if we need to be. It’s been a major headache but we are figuring it out.

Lost my dad a little over a year back, and my mom some days lol. Since we lost dad my fam really hasent been the same. I rarely talk to my sis, and my brother Hasent talked to me since before Christmas. So there is those things aswell n

Socar

Ok, so over like half a year ago, I brainstormed this sort of story of mine which is called Forgotten Gods. So far I have no one's attention for it except one.

I've been writing left and right on it and have been communicating with this guy and he seems almost reliable. Someday when the time comes, I'd like to make it into a reality and for now... I have mixed feelings about it. What if all that effort I do with it is wasted? And what if no one gets to see it the way I do is what depresses me.

But anyway..basically, the concept of the thing is to understand the importance of one's existence. The main heroes are immortals who are cursed for being forgotten within a certain timeframe. If they are forgotten, no one will even know of their existence and all the things they have contributed will be removed from existence and be altered.

Like, think of Nintendo for example. If NES did not exist, The Sega Master System would have done what the NES did with some things in mind. Except in Forgotten Gods' case, if a god is forgotten, the lives that god helped make a huge impact.

So recently, I got angry because he still thinks that its a novel like level when it's not. He feels like having 15 years of story progress will take longer time than 5 years and considering that One Piece has taken years within the story, I don't understand his point of view on it.

Anyways, I don't want to make it sound like I'm advertising and whatnot so If you all think that you'd like to see the works here, let me know.

MANGANian

Ok, so over like half a year ago, I brainstormed this sort of story of mine which is called Forgotten Gods. So far I have no one's attention for it except one.

I've been writing left and right on it and have been communicating with this guy and he seems almost reliable. Someday when the time comes, I'd like to make it into a reality and for now... I have mixed feelings about it. What if all that effort I do with it is wasted? And what if no one gets to see it the way I do is what depresses me.

But anyway..basically, the concept of the thing is to understand the importance of one's existence. The main heroes are immortals who are cursed for being forgotten within a certain timeframe. If they are forgotten, no one will even know of their existence and all the things they have contributed will be removed from existence and be altered.

Like, think of Nintendo for example. If NES did not exist, The Sega Master System would have done what the NES did with some things in mind. Except in Forgotten Gods' case, if a god is forgotten, the lives that god helped make a huge impact.

Anyways, I don't want to make it sound like I'm advertising and whatnot so If you all think that you'd like to see the works here, let me know.
I can painfully understand your enthusiasm, but sharing your concept on the internet or to anyone is not a good idea, especially if you plan on making at least a little money from it.

On the writing side of things, no one will ever interpret your story the way you intended it to, and that's okay. When you put your story out there for other people to read, it's no longer just your story. So don't worry too much about that, otherwise it'd keep you from getting it done.

So recently, I got angry because he still thinks that its a novel like level when it's not. He feels like having 15 years of story progress will take longer time than 5 years and considering that One Piece has taken years within the story, I don't understand his point of view on it.
I'm having trouble understanding what you mean here. Are you talking about how long it'd take you to write the series in realtime, or about the length of time you'll be covering in your story? And is it a novel or a comic you're creating?

Socar

I can painfully understand your enthusiasm, but sharing your concept on the internet or to anyone is not a good idea, especially if you plan on making at least a little money from it.

On the writing side of things, no one will ever interpret your story the way you intended it to, and that's okay. When you put your story out there for other people to read, it's no longer just your story. So don't worry too much about that, otherwise it'd keep you from getting it done.
Why is it not a good idea? Getting suggestions from others improves the thing so that it has a better chance to be liked better. On top of that, you discover where you're going and what you're missing. And besides...i know full well that whatever this thing I'm writing is only wasted if it can never come to fruition so at least with this way, I can get the motivation to keep doing it.

I'm having trouble understanding what you mean here. Are you talking about how long it'd take you to write the series in realtime, or about the length of time you'll be covering in your story? And is it a novel or a comic you're creating?
Ok so basically, the main heroes which have two gods, one cherub and one goddess are cursed and have a grace period to either do deeds enough that restore their godhood or to turn to mortals.

Now this grace period I've concluded that it should be 15 years as it is enough time for them to do enough deeds and add as many problems with their social life with their possible love interests and all. But he, on the other hand, claims that it should be five years or less as the longer the years it takes, he feels that the story can get boring and he argues that most stories are done within a year of the timeframe and do not generally take longer than that.

This thing that I'm writing was never intended to be a novel or a comic. Its more or less some sort of thing that I'm doing as a hobby and that someday, it can come to fruition either as an anime or a game.

Some I've been open about and have done like he suggested whereas others I'm not so open about and that 15 years thing is one of them.

The other thing that I don't like is that he's arguing about stuff that has nothing to do with the plot and that should be removed. Like..even novels have things that have nothing to do with the plot and they are fine to add. Even RPGs have things that have nothing to do with the main plot.

And its because of that that I'm kinda angry because at this rate, things are going in his way rather than my way.

If you want reference, here's the link...

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/403-random-insanity/78374721?page=14

Last edited:

MANGANian

Why is it not a good idea? Getting suggestions from others improves the thing so that it has a better chance to be liked better. On top of that, you discover where you're going and what you're missing. And besides...i know full well that whatever this thing I'm writing is only wasted if it can never come to fruition so at least with this way, I can get the motivation to keep doing it.
Oh, you were talking about criticism? I misunderstood your comment then.
My comment was more about trying not to get too enrolled into worrying if your story is something an audience would like, because it's easy for a plot to lose cohesion that way, not to completely refuse outside ideas, but to keep them within scrutiny. I believe someone at Nintendo said something along the lines of "the audience doesn't know what they want". This isn't an exclusive line to Nintendo either.

Now this grace period I've concluded that it should be 15 years as it is enough time for them to do enough deeds and add as many problems with their social life with their possible love interests and all. But he, on the other hand, claims that it should be five years or less as the longer the years it takes, he feels that the story can get boring and he argues that most stories are done within a year of the timeframe and do not generally take longer than that.

This thing that I'm writing was never intended to be a novel or a comic. Its more or less some sort of thing that I'm doing as a hobby and that someday, it can come to fruition either as an anime or a game.

Some I've been open about and have done like he suggested whereas others I'm not so open about and that 15 years thing is one of them.

The other thing that I don't like is that he's arguing about stuff that has nothing to do with the plot and that should be removed. Like..even novels have things that have nothing to do with the plot and they are fine to add. Even RPGs have things that have nothing to do with the main plot.

And its because of that that I'm kinda angry because at this rate, things are going in his way rather than my way.

If you want reference, here's the link...

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/403-random-insanity/78374721?page=14
I believe I'm on the side of your friend on this one. Most RPGs tend to focus on grinding, so they tend to have a lot of unrelated stuff to do. The good ones usually reward you for your time with items that you wouldn't normally get to aid in your main quest.

Likewise, with something like a novel, if a certain plot thread isn't going anywhere that aids the plot or characters in any way, then it isn't worth elaborating on, and should be skipped. If an author goes along with this anyway, then it wastes the time of the reader and sours his outlook on the book. Novels often go through redrafts multiple times until they're at a level an editor finds suitable.

Basically, it doesn't matter if you're going to document 5 years or 15 years of story, as long as you do it in a way that your audience thinks it was worth their time. If you feel like you can make 15 years interesting, then go for it. If not, then it might be a good idea to cut down the time.

Socar

Likewise, with something like a novel, if a certain plot thread isn't going anywhere that aids the plot or characters in any way, then it isn't worth elaborating on, and should be skipped. If an author goes along with this anyway, then it wastes the time of the reader and sours his outlook on the book. Novels often go through redrafts multiple times until they're at a level an editor finds suitable.
Except this is not supposed to be a novel. And it's more on the document side of things. He's thinking of it as a novel more than anything else. This is supposed to be either an anime or a game at best. And games like I said before, have elements that have nothing to do with the overall plot like so many times.

Since many other games and what not do this, then why can't I do the same if it does add room for the character development?

Like what about One Piece which has so many things that have very little to do with the plot? But then again, why does it matter when I hate everything in general.

MANGANian

Except this is not supposed to be a novel. And it's more on the document side of things. He's thinking of it as a novel more than anything else. This is supposed to be either an anime or a game at best. And games like I said before, have elements that have nothing to do with the overall plot like so many times.

Since many other games and what not do this, then why can't I do the same if it does add room for the character development?

Like what about One Piece which has so many things that have very little to do with the plot? But then again, why does it matter when I hate everything in general.
You might want to read my previous post again more carefully.

One Piece is a long series, but every arc with the exception of the Davy Back Arc has everything to do with the plot. The Davy Back Arc is generally liked by manga-readers because it's a short but fun detour from the plot. In the anime, it's absolutely despised, due to the studio prolonging the arc past its attention span. Basically, my point is that whatever you choose to do, make it worth your audience's time, whatever it is you're trying to make.

It's funny how my Switch is quickly turning into an indie haven. It just makes so much sense to play those game on it. Ended up purchasing Bastion for the second time.

Last edited:

MANGANian

I finally decided to give the Uncharted series a go. Started with Drake's Fortune. At first I thought it was okay, just dated, but now I just find the game awful. I kinda thought I'd run up on some dungeon runs with a lot of puzzles, but the "puzzles" aren't puzzles, and the ones that are are so easily solved by just pressing a button to anything interactable that I wonder why they'd even bother, but I still look forward to them because....

The majority of the game is just wave after wave of enemies, with little variety and terrible controls. Drake runs at the rate of a slug. Every enemy wave starts off with Drake getting shot a few times that I wonder if he's a human sponge. Taking cover is a pain, as getting Drake to snap to or snap away by intention is a minigame by itself, but it's something I can understand because there aren't many games that got this part right. The vehicular sections are the worst part of the game, especially the dreaded Jet Ski sections.

And the plot... the plot is nothing special. It's worse than Tomb Raider 2011's script and that was just okay. The anticipation of this amazing story that I've heard from fans of the game really disappoints me. The only thing I can agree with is that the voice-acting is at least good. The dialog is awful though.

I just don't get why this was lauded so much. Other games does what this game tries to do better, even during and before the year this game released. There isn't anything where you would even see potential in.

I just want to be done with it so I can move on to the supposedly better ones. If you ever want to play through the Uncharted series, then I'd recommend skipping the first one. The plot can be summarised in a few sentences anyway, and there doesn't seem to be any highlight in the first game.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I finally decided to give the Uncharted series a go. Started with Drake's Fortune. At first I thought it was okay, just dated, but now I just find the game awful. I kinda thought I'd run up on some dungeon runs with a lot of puzzles, but the "puzzles" aren't puzzles, and the ones that are are so easily solved by just pressing a button to anything interactable that I wonder why they'd even bother, but I still look forward to them because....

The majority of the game is just wave after wave of enemies, with little variety and terrible controls. Drake runs at the rate of a slug. Every enemy wave starts off with Drake getting shot a few times that I wonder if he's a human sponge. Taking cover is a pain, as getting Drake to snap to or snap away by intention is a minigame by itself, but it's something I can understand because there aren't many games that got this part right. The vehicular sections are the worst part of the game, especially the dreaded Jet Ski sections.

And the plot... the plot is nothing special. It's worse than Tomb Raider 2011's script and that was just okay. The anticipation of this amazing story that I've heard from fans of the game really disappoints me. The only thing I can agree with is that the voice-acting is at least good. The dialog is awful though.

I just don't get why this was lauded so much. Other games does what this game tries to do better, even during and before the year this game released. There isn't anything where you would even see potential in.

I just want to be done with it so I can move on to the supposedly better ones. If you ever want to play through the Uncharted series, then I'd recommend skipping the first one. The plot can be summarised in a few sentences anyway, and there doesn't seem to be any highlight in the first game.
I never understood the rabid praise critics gave these games (including Last of Us) but I'll at least admit that Uncharted 4 is a lot of fun. That's the one where I feel they finally nailed the controls and made the enemy encounters somewhat interesting. I don't think I'd care about Last of Us 2 if I hadn't played Uncharted 4, because that's the one that showed me they could do better.

Aki

Uncharted is comparable to Indiana Jones. It’s a game that relies on its action set pieces, your liking of the characters and visuals to keep you engaged.

Visually speaking, the first game is from ‘07 and you are playing it for the first time in 2020. So that wow factor definitely won’t be there.

As for the gameplay in the first game, it’s definitely lacking. It does significantly improve in the second and more so in 3 and 4. But let’s be real here, the gameplay isn’t the series bread and butter.

2 and 3 are a lot better, but I feel like if you didn’t like the first game then you won’t dig the other ones. Since it’s still the same concept just bigger in scope, with better gfx and slightly better gameplay at least in game 2.

Now Last of Us is on another level. Gameplay has been perfected by that point and the narrative switches from happy go lucky adventure hunter to survival. You literally play the game just so you can see the next cutscene that’s how impactful some of them are.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
No lie the first 2 months of this lockdown thing, y’all couldn’t believe how relieved I was to have a break where everyone said “we’re not doin nothing for atleast this amount of time”.

Today I’m doin much better but the prior 3 days man I got smashed depressed because man I got to get around some people soon. And for me soon still means I think atleast 4 weeks. This is starting to wear on me I haven’t seen my mom in a damn min just because you can’t risk it. And with my wife being a nurse I damn sure don’t wanna bring it home.

Yeah I need to hug some people tho soon

MANGANian

Finished Uncharted 2 today. I enjoyed this one a lot better. Most of my complaints about the first one were addressed. The movement speed, VA, dialog, characters and plot are significantly better than the first game. It's basically the first game had it been done right the first time around. The puzzles are still lackluster, but I'm coming to terms that Tomb Raider and Uncharted seems to have different progression goals: one gets progressively puzzle-oriented while the other is more action-oriented.

You still fight wave after wave of enemies, but there is decent variety this time. At some point I started wishing the combat was similar to Wolfenstein or Ratchet and Clank. The amount of enemies the game throws at you, I just wanted to run and gun everything instead of struggling to separate myself from a box. The cover mechanic is still a bother to deal with and the stealth aspects don't feel like stealth, but it's a definite improvement over the first. I also liked how they reduced the chances of accidental deaths during platforming due to poor environmental indicators. It still happens, but they're lessened in this game.

One thing I did wish for was a way to adjust the camera or the field of view. It's often very close to your character. Some areas in this game are really nice to look at, and it sucks that you're mostly in corridor-like level designs and oddly-framed fixed camera sections so often.

The franchise really isn't my cup of tea, I knew that from the start, but I had fun with this one, and really appreciated the voice-acting and dialog in this game. Next up: Uncharted 3.

it's really strange how they have Drake and Elena act like supernatural stuff isn't possible when they faced exactly that in the last game.

Last edited:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
How are you all handling quarantine? I am doing alright; thankfully I can work from home, but I am slowly losing my mind (more so than usual :msrs:)
It was ok with first 6 weeks here in Ky.......this weekend I hit a wall of depression from lack of just seeing and hearing from different humans in person.

MANGANian

How are you all handling quarantine? I am doing alright; thankfully I can work from home, but I am slowly losing my mind (more so than usual :msrs:)
I'm not a people person, so quarantine didn't change the way I normally live with the exception of work. The only thing that's getting me crazy are the current protocols when it comes to travelling, and visiting a market or grocery. It really puts into perspective how convenient a thing society is when it functions to the point where you don't notice it. Thanks to some arseholes, restaurants and food catering businesses are closed until further notice.

Otherwise, I'm just happy I don't have to worry about humans blocking the pavement. Instead, I get to worry about financial uncertainty. That's a pretty good trade-off.

MANGANian

Uncharted 4 sure is a beautiful game. I spend so much time just wandering around, doing nothing. I really like that home scene. The puzzles are back to being very simple again. It's more Uncharted 2 and less Uncharted 3, which had better puzzles. Uncharted 3 was fine. The plot wasn't as captivating as the 2nd one, and the conflict in the 3rd game felt a bit undeveloped, but it was still fun. I liked its "slower" pacing. It's too bad the pacing wasn't as consistent. The enemy AI felt stranger than usual too. Cutter is the best Uncharted character. It's a shame
you don't see him again for the rest of the game

Currently on chapter 6 in Uncharted 4. The stealth aspects introduced in this game is a lot better than the past two games, which is cool, as is a lot of fun. I'm glad the main character no longer has to get shot to introduce a shootout segment. So far Uncharted 4 seems to be incorporating every good aspect of each game, except the puzzles, but at this point, I don't mind because the game stopped feeling like something I wouldn't buy and began feeling like something I'd purchase.

Now I feel kinda bad I didn't buy the game back when I was wondering whether or not to. At least I got it "free" on PSN.

I think Uncharted 4 is my favorite. The fact they fixed the stealth is reason enough, but I also like the slower pace. 2's setpieces were pretty grand though, I mean, it proved just how lazy Nintendo is amirite guys?

Before I played it I didn't think I could handle Nolan North and Troy Baker being brothers together, but I'll be damned if they didn't win me over.

Aki

For me it sucks big time. Both financially and mentally. Financially, my businesses are earning virtually no money. Sports gambling in Italy is non-existent at the moment with both no sports being played and the economy being at a standstill. New Orleans and Miami both have no tourists currently so I can't rent out my property. Only thing keeping me afloat is the marijuana industry and we're actually seeing record numbers there. I am fortunate though that I don't live month to month and can weather the financial storm unlike most Americans.

Mentally, this is a very trying time. Being at home constantly is making me sulk around and shit. I usually never spend much time at my house. Maybe 3 hours a day plus sleep. Now, there are days when I don't leave the house. Mostly been gaming. I'm back in to Skyrim so there's that. Been watching a lot of older sporting events too to get my sports fix. Also, recently found out my favorite boxer of all-time , Mike Tyson, has a pretty badass podcast so I've been listening to him. I also managed to drive to FL a few weeks ago and go to the beach. That was nice. I'm going again on the 1st as well once they officially open up the state.

On a side note, I've never felt like c-vrius was a serious issue for me, but I understand the precautionary procedures though because some of us won't make it. My whole life I've been training and working out so physically I've feel that I've been through a lot worse and kinda know what my body can withstand. My immune system has also been pretty rock solid. Finally, I've been through much worse scenarios in my life and know that God is watching over me and I haven't had that feeling yet of my card getting pulled.

Thoughts and prayers to everyone here.

Aki

I've noticed that people both here in New Orleans and in FL aren't really doing the social distancing thing. Here in Nola whenever we have a super sunny day which is pretty often City Park is full of people working out, walking their dogs, picknicking, doing yoga... I still regularly bike around uptown, cbd, downtown, fq, mid-city and city park. When I drove over to Pensacool (Pensacola), 3 hour drive, the beach was PACKED! I think it's a down south thing. I LOVE being in the sun. I feel like a venasaur absorbing all of that sunlight, converting it into energy getting ready to solarbeam your ass. Also, basking in the suns' warmth is physically and mentally good for you.

Koenig

The Architect
People here give nearly no shits about social distancing, but that is mitigated by the fact the most people here already keep their distance from each other (and the town itself is rather sprawling and barren)