The Great CT - Community Thread

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. And practicing social distancing.
Working in senior living, we're having to be extra careful. We've canceled so many plans, and in the evenings we are self-isolating. The only things we're doing are going to work and the grocery store.

Anyone else excited for Animal Crossing tomorrow?
Now that I just finished the brilliance that was Astral Chain, I'm ready for building my own island.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. And practicing social distancing.
Working in senior living, we're having to be extra careful. We've canceled so many plans, and in the evenings we are self-isolating. The only things we're doing are going to work and the grocery store.

Anyone else excited for Animal Crossing tomorrow?
Now that I just finished the brilliance that was Astral Chain, I'm ready for building my own island.
I’m living the same life as you. And yeah I’m thinkin actually of getting it for the whole fam

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
I'm desperately hoping this coronavirus thing gets resolved or resolves itself quickly. It's arguably the most disruptive event I've ever had to experience in my life thus far. I am very fortunate that I didn't end up on some of the worst side of the scale, but in hindsight that's because of a lot of unassuming decisions made by me and without me throughout the past 7 months. I used to think I'm one of those who have to work hard for things to go my way, but now I think that my luck just sorta builds upon itself and doesn't make itself obvious. On the plus side of things, at least I now have a personal and observatory reference for a pandemic whenever there's a need for me to write or draw about it.

Just when I thought I was done with Hearthstone, they made every kind of change I've wanted from the game since its first year. No more duplicates, card changes, a complete overhaul of my favourite Class and a new Class Hero, in addition to an overhauled ranking system with rewards that actually matter and a publicly detailed roadmap with the promise of new game modes. It feels like Heroes of the Storm 2.0 all over again, and that single-handedly rekindled my enjoyment of the game.

I hope you humans stay safe until this blows over.

Aki

C-virus has had a massive impact on us down here in New Orleans. As many of you may know, New Orleans’ main economy centers around tourism and the service industry that goes with it. It’s been about two weeks now since bars closed down and I’m personally feeling it big time. I feel like my whole social life is non-existent now. I’m taking all the necessary precautions which I do anyway like washing hands, disinfecting stuff... However, I’m still trying to live my life normally. Still working out, still going on bike rides, still eating out, still hanging with friends even though some of them are taking the self isolation thing super seriously. I will admit I’m spending more time at home than I’d like. Luckily, I started revisiting a lot of my GameCube games so that’s been sort of keeping me busy.

EDIT: I think I’ve watched every movie available through RedBox.

EDIT: Lack of sports both live and on TV is having severe mental effects on me as well.

Last edited:

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
When I've been playing Animal Crossing the past few evenings, it's been nice to see your names pop up in the corner that you guys are playing too. We'll have to try to set up a time to do a TNE island tour. I'm moving at a snail's pace with the game, not in a rush. So my island isn't great yet. I believe my museum opens today when I get home.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
When I've been playing Animal Crossing the past few evenings, it's been nice to see your names pop up in the corner that you guys are playing too. We'll have to try to set up a time to do a TNE island tour. I'm moving at a snail's pace with the game, not in a rush. So my island isn't great yet. I believe my museum opens today when I get home.
So far my wife DLed it, and it’s been staright up crackrocks! I can’t wait to get it and that will be soon.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Yesterday began my starting to work from home, which has its ups and downs of course, considering I'm so used to the idea of physically going somewhere to work. The concept of being able to accomplish work-related tasks sounds very foreign to me, but I'm making it work. Practically converted my room into a temp. makeshift office until I'm back in the field, but until then, I'll keep trucking along.

Could be a lot worse though. I could be laid off from my job, and be fighting the virus right now, so I am very thankful to be in this position all things considered.

A few days ago, I started out a blog dedicated to platform games and its called the super-platform gamer.

superplatformgamer.blogspot.com

Just made a post of which of the Sonic Advance trilogy to pick. Wonder if that will have any meaning...