The Great CT - Community Thread

Aki

I'm probably not gonna buy it just because I already have them. I usually don't buy ports/remasters if I have the original, unless it's on a system I don't have hooked up or for convenience sake. I have no problem plugging in the 64 to buy the OG.

Wind Waker HD? I bought that, mostly for the quick sail haha. Twilight Princess HD, I didn't because there didn't seem to be a lot of QoL updates so I have no issue sticking with the original. If this was Mario 64 remade in the Odyssey engine I probably would buy it. Remakes are something I'll be more interested in like Link's Awakening on Switch or the 64 Zeldas on 3DS.

The way I look at it is this: my first console was a SNES so I missed out on the NES. If it wasn't for Mario All-Stars I would have missed out on Mario 1-3 for a lot longer. I'm all for old games on new consoles. Then again, and I can't believe I'm complementing them, Activision did a few remake of 3 Crash games and 3 Spyro games for less than full price. So I can see why some people would be miffed. This is Nintendo though, who sold Tropical Freeze on Switch at a higher price than what it launched as on Wii U.

Then again...this is probably worth it if they allow to non-invert the camera in Sunshine.
A lot of remasters that release on PC are usually free if you own the og version. A lot of these games are sure fire sellers such as Skyrim, Dark Souls 1&2, Borderlands series... Then you have companies like Rare who do Rare Replay and MS who did Halo MCC. Also, Witcher 3 another sure fire seller is being given away for free next-gen to previous owners across PC, PS, and Xbox. It's just Nintendo being their typical greedy selves as if they're new to the block. And to top it off, they are making a digital game limited... You can't make this up and I really don't think anyone here would be defending this if it weren't Nintendo.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
A lot of remasters that release on PC are usually free if you own the og version. A lot of these games are sure fire sellers such as Skyrim, Dark Souls 1&2, Borderlands series... Then you have companies like Rare who do Rare Replay and MS who did Halo MCC. Also, Witcher 3 another sure fire seller is being given away for free next-gen to previous owners across PC, PS, and Xbox. It's just Nintendo being their typical greedy selves as if they're new to the block. And to top it off, they are making a digital game limited... You can't make this up and I really don't think anyone here would be defending this if it weren't Nintendo.
I don’t think anyone is really defending it. It’s a personal thing across the board. YOU me or anyone can buy / not buy / or steal. That’s all of our personal choices nobody’s really on a bandwagon it seems to defend what Nintendo does here.

Your doin a great job tho Aki trying to form a posse to get on your side tho. Keep up the good work I hope you destroy Nintendo with your actions.

I don't blame anyone for scoffing at Nintendo for a full price collection of three ports. But let's not pretend other companies' shit don't stink either. Master Chief Collection was broken for ages. Recently Mafia 2 Definitive Edition released, it too was/is broken and a worse version than the original, but now I can't even buy the original on Steam, so the best option seems to be to buy a used PS3 copy. I like how many PS1 and PS2 games are available to purchase on the PS3, but PS4 has no options to buy PS1, and a limited selection of PS2 games.

My perfect world is a joint system of Virtual Console and streaming. Ideally I could buy a game for cheap, or just stream a bunch of oldies. Shame the virtual console is not on Switch, but personally I still have the Wii and Wii U hooked up. I'm not the kind of person to get rid of old systems when the new one comes out, hence why I tend to stick to the originals unless it's a full remake.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
The way I look at it is this: my first console was a SNES so I missed out on the NES. If it wasn't for Mario All-Stars I would have missed out on Mario 1-3 for a lot longer. I'm all for old games on new consoles.
Same.

I mean, I had an urge to play Ikaruga a few years ago, but didn't have my Wii handy (boxed up), and eBay prices for a GC copy weren't cheap (perusing eBay now...$60 to $75). They re-release* it on Switch for $15, and I was on it. Were there any real improvements? Nope. Did I care? Nope. I paid for convenience and thought it was a fair price. YMMV.

The new limited edition physical copy with a little model ship is $60.

Is the 3D Mario collection fairly priced? Well, it's Nintendo, so I would've assumed a "greatest hits" sort of $20 per game price. Seems fair to me. I ain't gonna buy it, but that's because I'm not really interested in Sunshine, could still pop Galaxy into my Wii U, and SM64 simply doesn't set my loins ablaze. YMMV.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity! Coming out 11/20/20

Sign me up!!!
Super excited for this fall with Nintendo.
Mario 3D All Stars in Time for my birthday, and now this in time for the holidays.
Plus some Pikmin 3 in the middle. (Yes, I played Pikmin 3 on Wii U, but damn it's a good game.)

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Final Fantasy 16 looks awesome. Resident Evil 8 isn't impressing me as much as I thought it would, but that's fine because I trust the Capcom with RE these days. Demon's Souls looks like the same bullshit but beautiful and I love it. Everything else I didn't really care much for, but those 3 things are enough to get me hyped.

Sad about not getting any Elden Ring gameplay yet, though. Maybe at TGS.

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
Final Fantasy 16 looks awesome. Resident Evil 8 isn't impressing me as much as I thought it would, but that's fine because I trust the Capcom with RE these days. Demon's Souls looks like the same bullshit but beautiful and I love it. Everything else I didn't really care much for, but those 3 things are enough to get me hyped.

Sad about not getting any Elden Ring gameplay yet, though. Maybe at TGS.
Haven't you heard? Elden Ring is vaporware. It doesn't exist for me until I can buy it. I'm not making that mistake of looking forward to something that might never come.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
What an amazing video! And I just learned how to properly pronounce your last name.
The work you do is pure art. Just truly beautiful.
I greatly appreciate you watching Sjm! Now as to the properness of me saying our last name. Where I’m from that how we say it. For the rest of the world it’s probably more along the lines of say how people pronounce Abbot & Lou Costello

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I greatly appreciate you watching Sjm! Now as to the properness of me saying our last name. Where I’m from that how we say it. For the rest of the world it’s probably more along the lines of say how people pronounce Abbot & Lou Costello
Yeah, I thought it was like Abbot and Costello.

I forgot to ask, in the video, there were guys around a table hammering on what looked like squares of smooth rock, but only focusing on one side.
What were they doing there?
(Super intrigued by all that goes into your creations.)