The Great CT - Community Thread

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I've still been playing "The Outer Worlds". From the "point of no return" save last night, I believe I'm at the end. Truly loving the game, save for one thing.

For E3 hopes:
BotW2 - trailer and details
Metroid Prime 3 HD release date and MP4 trailer
Bayonetta 3 trailer and 2022 release date
Xenoblade X for Switch with details on Monolith's next game
Something for Zelda's 35th anniversary besides Skyward Sword
Pikmin 4 details and 2022 release date
Surprise of next 3D mario game with 2022 release date

I'm not even sure if I'd get one. I have my eyes on an Xbox, being backwards compatible and Gamepass makes it a good sell to someone like me who hasn't had an Xbox since the OG. Also, I just don't use my Switch near enough to warrant buying an upgrade. Besides Dr Mario on the NES app, and the occasional Smash session, I haven't used it in ages besides a few indie games that are available elsewhere.

I know a lot of people love the Switch, but Nintendo hasn't been releasing much that interests me. They blew the gates down with Mario, Zelda, Luigi's Mansion, Xenoblade and Smash, then nothing much afterwards that I bought. The pandemic doesn't help either. We'll see come E3 what games are on the horizon.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
According to gaming "journalists" on Twitter, we could expect an official announcement from Nintendo on the newer version of Switch either later today or tomorrow.
With a release in Sept or Oct.
Sooooooo...yeeeeeeeeah.

At least on the timing alone, some "insider" credentials should be revoked. I almost miss GAF being able to blacklist people.

...now watch them announce it tomorrow.
I know a lot of people love the Switch, but Nintendo hasn't been releasing much that interests me. They blew the gates down with Mario, Zelda, Luigi's Mansion, Xenoblade and Smash, then nothing much afterwards that I bought. The pandemic doesn't help either. We'll see come E3 what games are on the horizon.
I think I kinda benefit from only having one console. For me, the Switch is like having a mini Steam machine. There's more content than I can play.

But if you have another system, you've already got a backlog. If you weren't an Animal Crossing fan, you haven't had much to be excited for, if you own other devices.

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
Please watch gameplay video all the way to the end. No skipping please.

Also, did I mention how much Metro Exodus somehow manages to stress me out using atmosphere alone? The game is a bit too effective at making me feel miserable in a post-apocalyptic world.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I'm not even sure if I'd get one. I have my eyes on an Xbox, being backwards compatible and Gamepass makes it a good sell to someone like me who hasn't had an Xbox since the OG. Also, I just don't use my Switch near enough to warrant buying an upgrade. Besides Dr Mario on the NES app, and the occasional Smash session, I haven't used it in ages besides a few indie games that are available elsewhere.

I agree on the wouldn't even get one crowd. My current Switch runs just fine, and I'd like to get the most out of it before looking to put more money down on something else. Hell, I still own my Wii U, and still would love to turn it into a decent emulation machine for past Nintendo systems.

Not that I play a lot of games these days anyway, let alone on Switch.

I thought about E3 some more. I think after last year not happening the way it usually does, it feels more fresh and exciting in a way. I’m looking forward to some conferences.

I’m terms of what I want, well I’d love if they announce a Destroy All Humans 2 remake after how much fun I had with 1. I would love if they announce a Klonoa bundle with 1 and 2 considering how expensive those are getting. Would also love a Zelda bundle of some sort.

Besides ports/remakes, I would like to see Pikmin 4, Monolith’s next project, and a co-op game for the Jolly Co-op group (Triforce Heroes 2?). I would love a new single player IP that seems fresh and new.

That’s on top of existing games like Botw 2 and Metroid Prime 4.