The Great CT - Community Thread

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
By next week, I can finally start working again. It's sometimes interesting how our politicians act where I'm at. I guess it's okay once in a while for a Prime Minister to publicly complain about his position, even if it makes him look like a joke. I wonder how the world would've been if people in positions like this could freely vent their frustrations once in a while?

I just caught Maxmilliandood playing Tropical Freeze and then I just couldn't stop watching it. I guess whatever I had to do for the past 3 hours must wait.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
So, today is Zelda day!
Honestly excited to get home and play Skyward Sword. I only ever played it the one time when it first came out. I was in an awful job here in FL, so most of my memories of the game are tainted by what was going on at the time. Funny how that happens.
Definitely ready to play it with fresh eyes.

Anyone else double dipping on it?

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
So, today is Zelda day!
Honestly excited to get home and play Skyward Sword. I only ever played it the one time when it first came out. I was in an awful job here in FL, so most of my memories of the game are tainted by what was going on at the time. Funny how that happens.

I'm double dipping but I'm waiting a bit. Hopefully it isn't a limited time offer thing.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
So, today is Zelda day!

I will most likely get it…………….since I never played it on Wii

I'm passing on Skyward, at least for now. From what I've seen, this is the version to play hands down. If I'm ever in the mood to replay it down the road, I'll most likely buy it for Switch.

When that'll be, who knows. I bought a used Xbox One S today. I wanted a Series X, but 99% of the reasons why I wanted one was for backwards compatibility and Gamepass some games I've been curious about but never did buy. I saw someone post their One S for cheap, so I bought it and been playing Banjo Kazooie today. I'm slowing going all digital with non-Nintendo games, so being able to play my old discs like Splinter Cell cuts a bit of my desire for a Series X.

I still don't have a 4K tv with HDR and all those fancy buzzwords, so I'm kinda leaning towards the smaller Series S as a beautiful 1080p machine when the time comes. That time being once some more next gen exclusives hit, as most everything is still coming out on PS4/Xbone.

Besides, after this pandemic and shit, I at least deserve to play Banjo Kazooie in HD.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I'm passing on Skyward, at least for now. From what I've seen, this is the version to play hands down. If I'm ever in the mood to replay it down the road, I'll most likely buy it for Switch.

When that'll be, who knows. I bought a used Xbox One S today. I wanted a Series X, but 99% of the reasons why I wanted one was for backwards compatibility and Gamepass some games I've been curious about but never did buy. I saw someone post their One S for cheap, so I bought it and been playing Banjo Kazooie today. I'm slowing going all digital with non-Nintendo games, so being able to play my old discs like Splinter Cell cuts a bit of my desire for a Series X.

I still don't have a 4K tv with HDR and all those fancy buzzwords, so I'm kinda leaning towards the smaller Series S as a beautiful 1080p machine when the time comes. That time being once some more next gen exclusives hit, as most everything is still coming out on PS4/Xbone.

Besides, after this pandemic and shit, I at least deserve to play Banjo Kazooie in HD.
The lack of 4K for many of us (there are dozens of us after all) makes it less worthy in ways to upgrade to the latest systems, and I'm actually glad Microsoft brought on board the Series S in that regard. My only real complaint, which you touched on, is the lack of a disc drive.

I'm still not fully on board with the next-gen systems because of the drive for 4K, so I'm fine with Switch for now. Most recently, however, reserving the 512GB version of the Steam Deck has me pretty excited, and I look forward to the coming months as the launch gets closer.

It was only a 5 dollar deposit anyway, and if I don't use it, it goes back into my Steam wallet, so I'm hardly losing anything.

The lack of 4K for many of us (there are dozens of us after all) makes it less worthy in ways to upgrade to the latest systems, and I'm actually glad Microsoft brought on board the Series S in that regard. My only real complaint, which you touched on, is the lack of a disc drive.

I'm still not fully on board with the next-gen systems because of the drive for 4K, so I'm fine with Switch for now. Most recently, however, reserving the 512GB version of the Steam Deck has me pretty excited, and I look forward to the coming months as the launch gets closer.

It was only a 5 dollar deposit anyway, and if I don't use it, it goes back into my Steam wallet, so I'm hardly losing anything.
I think we discussed this on Discord, but I'm happy with the graphics games have these days. Playing Horizon or Dad of War, I just don't care about adding 500 more polygons to Kratos' chest muscles or anything. So far with what I've seen of how games run on the Series S, I'm happy with a combo setup of One and Series S. Covers everything I want it for and both systems combined would still be cheaper than a Series X.

Lately I've been in the mindset of de-cluttering and cutting back. I currently got multiple garbage bags of clothes, sheets/quilts, shoes, cds, etc ready to donate. Just trying to simplify my life I guess haha. The has been carrying over into going digital with games. A few years ago I bought most AAA games physically. I think Kark started it when she bought me Resident Evil 2 Remake digitally. The final nail was when I bought DOOM Eternal digitally since it came out just as the pandemic hit. Besides Nier Replicant, I can't remember the last game for the PS4 I bought physcially. Maybe the Spyro remakes. This also applies to collector editions and whatnot. I got a couple of beautiful steel cases with art books for the Tomb Raider games, but they just sit there on the shelf, rarely looked at.

But that's just me. Obviously not trying to change anyone's mind. This was just on my mind lately.

Last edited:

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I spent several hours this weekend with Skyward Sword HD, and I'm loving it!
The button controls took a short bit to get used to, but like with any game, it's now intuitive.
The graphics are beautiful. I love that when I pick up a repeated item that I'm not reminded what it is a million times. Fi is only coming out for story related purposes or when you call her, and that is a great improvement.
On the Wii, I got frustrated with the controls, so I didn't 100% the game. But I'm feeling more in it this time, so definitely going to try to get everything.