The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Review) | ZyroXZ2

GaemzDood

About Bayonetta 2's aliasing: Platinum could've easily opted for FXAA and kept it at 60 FPS (pretty much all 60 FPS games on the PS4 & Xbox One use FXAA) while smoothing the edges, but that would've introduced another problem: artwork that's unnecessarily blurred due to the FXAA implementation. I'm pretty sure Platinum knows FXAA looks "eh" and decided to opt for no AA instead because of it.

GaemzDood

It's just personal really. I'm fine to play with bad guys. But killing angels ? It's just too far for me.

You see I don't think you should be able to do ANYTHING in videogames, because it's just a videogame... I guess you saw the controversy on the trailer of Hatred. I find it absolutely pathetic ! Are we going to allow rapes or genocides in videogames, because we they are just videogames ?

That's a complicated topic, we discussed it at length on this thread : http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forums/threads/violence-in-games-where-is-the-limit.1244/
lol religion

However, it kinda does show Nintendo's double standards a bit...that or they've hopefully softened up. The Binding of Isaac was denied a 3DS release due to it's religious themes, but here we have Bayonetta 2 where you can use torture attacks on angels.

Ex-Actarus

Well, I mean, without reading that thread, I can tell there's some religious stuff here, which is a bad topic to discuss on the internet, but...

Rape, genocide, murder, they're all real and happen in real life. Angels with a face on their sword that can fly around without wings is a bit far removed from reality and clearly doesn't exist. I think boiling the concept down to "killing angels" is being too dramatic, lol
That's your opinion, not mine and that's fine.
As I said glad people are enjoying Bayonetta 2, good for them.
I won't play it for the reasons I've outlined. I don't care if someone find dramatic or not...
I'm not judging the people playing Bayonetta 2, I expect the same for not playing it.

As far as the topic on violence goes, it wasn't really about religion. The matter was WHERE IS THE LIMIT ? And clearly the TNE community was divided, for different reasons, some because of their religious beliefs, some because of their values, some because their believe in freedom, and so on. It's not an easy matter and everybody as a different take on it.

Last edited:

ZyroXZ2

I've been avoiding the graphics talk, but no matter where I go or what I do, somehow, graphics come up. So, I figured, time to tackle it myself. Sort of... Actually, it's more about tackling how much YOU care about it!

I use Need For Speed: Most Wanted on the Wii U, and Forza Horizon 2 on the Xbox One to provide a little perspective. Do ya care? Well DO ya?!

Enjoy!

GaemzDood

I've been avoiding the graphics talk, but no matter where I go or what I do, somehow, graphics come up. So, I figured, time to tackle it myself. Sort of... Actually, it's more about tackling how much YOU care about it!

I use Need For Speed: Most Wanted on the Wii U, and Forza Horizon 2 on the Xbox One to provide a little perspective. Do ya care? Well DO ya?!

Enjoy!
Most Wanted U is amazing, but it's no Forza Horizon 2. Due to the 3 month (yes, and it's amazing that they got this much done in that time span) development time, Criterion didn't have enough time to bump up the Wii U's resolution from 704p to native 720p. Additionally, some of the textures from the last gen versions are retained.

I know this is what you didn't want, but I think a more apt comparison of a Wii U game to Forza Horizon 2 would be Fast Racing Neo. That game blows Most Wanted U out of the water technically.

Last edited:

ZyroXZ2

Most Wanted U is amazing, but it's no Forza Horizon 2. Due to the 3 month (yes, and it's amazing that they got this much done in that time span) development time, Criterion didn't have enough time to bump up the Wii U's resolution from 704p to native 720p. Additionally, some of the textures from the last gen versions are retained.

I know this is what you didn't want, but I think a more apt comparison of a Wii U game to Forza Horizon 2 would be Fast Racing Neo. That game blows Most Wanted U out of the water technically.
First, we haven't even SEEN Fast Racing Neo yet, let alone it being released so there would have been no gameplay for me to capture, lol... Second, FRN isn't open world, and NFSMW and FH2 are both open world arcade racers. I wanted to compare games that are alike, for obvious reasons ;)

GaemzDood

First, we haven't even SEEN Fast Racing Neo yet, let alone it being released so there would have been no gameplay for me to capture, lol... Second, FRN isn't open world, and NFSMW and FH2 are both open world arcade racers. I wanted to compare games that are alike, for obvious reasons ;)
I feel like Most Wanted U was 'almost, but not quite'. While it is the current GOAT Wii U racing game, the knocked down player count, lack of DLC, and sub-HD resolution do show that EA should've given the game more time. That said, it's amazing considering it was only made in 3 months.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I feel like Most Wanted U was 'almost, but not quite'. While it is the current GOAT Wii U racing game, the knocked down player count, lack of DLC, and sub-HD resolution do show that EA should've given the game more time. That said, it's amazing considering it was only made in 3 months.
Nope MK8

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Sub HD? It was 1280x704, which is only 16 pixels short of full native 720, which is hardly anything to shout aboout. Just sayin'.

Ex-Actarus

Back in the day, I played Doom on SNES. It was pretty good achievement for a system as limited as the SNES. But it wasn't good really. Then and I had later a Jaguar, Doom on Jaguar looked absolutely phenomenal ( pretty much the only great game with Alien VS Predator on the platform ) !

So yes graphics are paramount ! Nintendo has always been on the forefront of graphics on consoles. When games like Starfox, Donkey King Country, Mario 64, Conker Bad Fur Day, Rogue Leader, Metroid Prime or Resident Evil 4 were released. Nothing like that visually was around ! But since the Wii, Nintendo is not anymore in powerful systems, so the graphics on Nintendo console tend to not be as impressive as on other platform.

But graphics, are just one piece of the puzzle... Artstyle, animation, framerate, special effects, those are still areas where Nintendo can shine. That's why games such as Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 or Bayonetta 2 are very impressive graphically, despite being on a less powerful platform.

Doom SNES

Doom Jaguar

Aki

Graphics matter to me to a certain extent. The extent to which they matter is usually determined by the genre of the game that I'm playing. For example, I would knock points off for a racer or an rpg for having bad graphics, while I'd let is pass with fighting games. With certain genres having a steady framerate is more important than what the game looks like. Having said that, if a game has abysmal graphics then I probably won't mess with it, I.E. Dragon Age on 360. Shit looked like a PS2 game. I'm a pretty avid retro gamer so I can put up with pretty much anything. However, a different mindset is required for playing retro games. One last thing, if Forza Horizon 2 was released on Wii U and looked like NFS while the XB1 version of the game retained it's original look, I wouldn't mind. The difference, while noticeable, is not that big. Hence, the reason why I play many mulitplat games on PS2 as opposed to Xbox. While the graphics are usually worse on the PS2 version, the controller is waaaaaaaay better.

ZyroXZ2

Sunset Overdrive was NOT a game on my radar. However, being an Xbox One owner, I felt it would have been an absolute misstep to not buy the game even if just for review purposes...

Boy was I in for a surprise!

ZyroXZ2

I come to the frightening revelation on how Call of Duty gets its review scores. The real question is how I handled it.

... Or how I handled it like a very famous someone we know from a very popular movie.

Enjoy!

P.S. Those autoplaying ads on the right are seriously annoying!

Ex-Actarus

@ZyroXZ2 , for some reasons, your test makes me actually want to play the game :)

I think it looks pretty good visually. I mean I've played flawed games before. Again - I say it all the time - one of my favorite of last gen was Lord of the Rings Contest

TNE communtiy, Is there a demo for the game on the Wii U?

ZyroXZ2

@ZyroXZ2 , for some reasons, your test makes me actually want to play the game :)

I think it looks pretty good visually. I mean I've played flawed games before. Again - I say it all the time - one of my favorite of last gen was Lord of the Rings Contest

TNE communtiy, Is there a demo for the game on the Wii U?
It's up to you, I wouldn't recommend it unless you're a hardcore Sonic fan... And visually, it's definitely not what the CryEngine is capable of, and the framerate during speed sections WILL be something you can't ignore, lol

ZyroXZ2

I won't say I'm an hardcore Sonic fan, but I enjoyed for example Sonic Heroes on the Gamecube. I remember that the game received poor reviews as well, but it was fun.
Just have your butthole puckered when you get Sonic Boom, then... You WILL find certain things annoying or even infuriating depending on your patience levels, lol

ZyroXZ2

The unarguably biggest game of the holiday is upon us, and there's no denying that all eyes are on the one-of-a-kind game you can only get on that one system you want to pretend isn't good enough for you: the Wii U.

And I get my review hands all over Zero Suit Samus... Oh, and the rest of the game, too!

HAPPY TURKEY DAY! :)~ (if you're American, that is)

Enjoy!

ZyroXZ2

This is the first time I've combined a Skype interview and Let's Play gameplay with someone! This someone is Lo, a videogame blogger!

Like Lo? Well, here's her website and Twitter for ya!

www.andthenshegames.com
www.twitter.com/nintenlo

P.S. I get that ads are basically required to keep the revenue stream and the site/forum running, but it's been pretty ridiculous navigating the forum lately... :/

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
This is the first time I've combined a Skype interview and Let's Play gameplay with someone! This someone is Lo, a videogame blogger!

Like Lo? Well, here's her website and Twitter for ya!

www.andthenshegames.com
www.twitter.com/nintenlo

P.S. I get that ads are basically required to keep the revenue stream and the site/forum running, but it's been pretty ridiculous navigating the forum lately... :/
@Menashe I been telling you them ads are outta control here

ZyroXZ2

Wasn't feeling too well, seemed to have affected my enunciation of several words... Ah well, nothing a man can do about sickness xD Of course, more importantly, I've been making my way through 'Halo: The Master Chief Collection', and here is my review!

ZyroXZ2

It was a bit of a daunting effort to play through all 4 Halo games in a row, but it was also quite the adventure. Never have I sequentially played so many games at once! Nonetheless, each main Halo series entry gets a 1-minute-or-less synopsis review! Am I hyped for Halo 5, now?

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
It was a bit of a daunting effort to play through all 4 Halo games in a row, but it was also quite the adventure. Never have I sequentially played so many games at once! Nonetheless, each main Halo series entry gets a 1-minute-or-less synopsis review! Am I hyped for Halo 5, now?

i just played halo 4 for the first time with my brother over thanksgiving, and it's fucking awesome. you should play reach.

GaemzDood

Watch_Dogs as a game is an 8, but the Wii U port is an easy 4. I guess I can see how that would ultimately average out to a 6.5.

As for the gunplay, I loved it. The guns handled really well.

ZyroXZ2

Watch_Dogs as a game is an 8, but the Wii U port is an easy 4. I guess I can see how that would ultimately average out to a 6.5.

As for the gunplay, I loved it. The guns handled really well.
Haha, I just posted about that on another forum:

If I took away the sad lack of use of the Gamepad, and the horrible framerate, it'd be closer to a 7.5.

GaemzDood

Haha, I just posted about that on another forum:

If I took away the sad lack of use of the Gamepad, and the horrible framerate, it'd be closer to a 7.5.
And if they made the visuals and draw distance on par with the current gen versions instead of the horrible last gen versions and bumped the resolution up to 1280x720p (which should be the minimum standard for Wii U, sub-HD is absolutely unacceptable), it would be one of the best Wii U games ever. Shame.

Aki

@ZyroXZ2: Spot on review bro. I definitely agreed with most of the points you made. Even though, you played the game on Wii U and I played it on PS4, aside from the graphical issues, the game is a mess on whatever console you play it on. I found everything about the game to be completely lackluster (driving, shooting, hacking, characters . . .). Also, they put such an emphasis on hacking and how it was going to be so unique and at the end of the day, only one button press is required. Plus, you can't even melee in the game. The way they did the Wii U is unacceptable as well. That delay for a map is ridiculous. I guess their PR sort of worked because not many people give a shit right now to be pissed off at Ubi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aki

Shooting was amazing (better than GTA V's IMO) & there's a lot to do with one button. Driving was lackluster though.
I found every aspect of the game to be lackluster when compared to GTA. For that reason, I don't even compare the two games. Watch_Dags is more comparable to True Crime Streets of LA or Sleeping Dags, imo.

ZyroXZ2

@ZyroXZ2: Spot on review bro. I definitely agreed with most of the points you made. Even though, you played the game on Wii U and I played it on PS4, aside from the graphical issues, the game is a mess on whatever console you play it on. I found everything about the game to be completely lackluster (driving, shooting, hacking, characters . . .). Also, they put such an emphasis on hacking and how it was going to be so unique and at the end of the day, only one button press is required. Plus, you can't even melee in the game. The way they did the Wii U is unacceptable as well. That delay for a map is ridiculous. I guess their PR sort of worked because not many people give a shit right now to be pissed off at Ubi.

You can melee, all you do is walk up and press A, lol

ZyroXZ2

I get to scratch this one off the backlog list from nearly 5 years ago! I also get to do it dressed as Samus... or Princess Peach.. And for free since it was included with Bayonetta 2. Thank you, Nintendo!

Merry Christmas to you all, and I hope you enjoy your ugly sweaters!