The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Review) | ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

@ZyroXZ2 , you're such a womanizer ! Always hot chicks around you :) ! Mandee is gorgeous ! It's just a pity she doesn't do Nintendo characters cosplay. I could see her in Samus ( the haircut pretty much already done ).
@ZyroXZ2 ! Please stop it ! Mandee, then Tali, I can't take it anymore :(

That Samus cosplay was great :)
Perv alert will go off in 3... 2...1....

Kidding :D

Yeah, great cosplayers.
What is going ON with this forum! I already replied to all of these and it got rolled back :/

Anyway, I'm not a womanizer at all, I have pretty bad luck with the ladies in general (but that's partially because I don't date Cali girls, and I live in Cali, lmao)

Ex-Actarus

@ZyroXZ2 , great stuff and spot on as usual !

That said, 8/10, don't you think it's a bit too generous for a game with such small content ? Games as Destiny and Evolve were hammered by critics for their content and they receive mid 70s Metacritic score which is VERY low. Splatoon sits at 81 on Metacritic for now, that's quite surprising with all the backlash on content.

Again, as I mentioned in other reviews you made, I think we are giving a pass to Nintendo ( I include myself there ). I'm pretty sure if this game was made by Sega or Ubisoft, it would have been destroyed ! But, it's a Nintendo game, so it gets a pass... That's unfortunate, but I feel it's the case too often.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018

That said, 8/10, don't you think it's a bit too generous for a game with such small content ? Games as Destiny and Evolve were hammered by critics for their content and they receive mid 70s Metacritic score which is VERY low. Splatoon sits at 81 on Metacritic for now, that's quite surprising with all the backlash on content.

Again, as I mentioned in other reviews you made, I think we are giving a pass to Nintendo ( I include myself there ). I'm pretty sure if this game was made by Sega or Ubisoft, it would have been destroyed ! But, it's a Nintendo game, so it gets a pass... That's unfortunate, but I feel it's the case too often.
Difference being that Nintendo's adding in free content every week to the game while, with Destiny, you have to pay extra for Season Pass's. Also, please, this has nothing to do with "giving a pass to Nintendo". Games like S.T.E.A.M got a lot of shit from reviewers

BobSilencieux

Yeah, Destiny was chopped up and thrown out with a lot of missing content obviously cut from the game, some of which you could then buy later for more money on top of your original $60 as DLC. Splatoon is a fully polished first party Nintendo game with tons and tons of free content being rolled out on at least a weekly basis. It's a completely different story.

ZyroXZ2

If you look at my reviews, I score Destiny and Splatoon the same. While Destiny had more content than Splatoon, it was laden with grinding and repetition over the same content. While Splatoon has less content than Destiny, it is also more fun and more content will eventually come. There's other factors of course, but I'm comparing content and largely a "balancer" related to.

Difference being that Nintendo's adding in free content every week to the game while, with Destiny, you have to pay extra for Season Pass's. Also, please, this has nothing to do with "giving a pass to Nintendo". Games like S.T.E.A.M got a lot of shit from reviewers
Thanks for recognizing: I give no free pass to any game in my reviews! xD

Yeah, Destiny was chopped up and thrown out with a lot of missing content obviously cut from the game, some of which you could then buy later for more money on top of your original $60 as DLC. Splatoon is a fully polished first party Nintendo game with tons and tons of free content being rolled out on at least a weekly basis. It's a completely different story.
Erhm, "tons and tons" of free content is definitely not going to be the case, lol... In fact, we still don't even know if it will all add up to match the game's full price in the end! Up to this point, they've unlocked (note UNLOCKED, not ADDED) two stages already on disc, two weapons, and one mode. I'm cautiously optimistic right now!

ZyroXZ2

It isn't easy being a gamer because the general society in both the real world AND the internet look down upon gamers. Can we change the stigma set forth by the "gamers" that have ruined the gaming image for the rest of us? I think we can start by doing acts of #GamerKindness.

BobSilencieux

Erhm, "tons and tons" of free content is definitely not going to be the case, lol... In fact, we still don't even know if it will all add up to match the game's full price in the end! Up to this point, they've unlocked (note UNLOCKED, not ADDED) two stages already on disc, two weapons, and one mode. I'm cautiously optimistic right now!
Well... I guess it depends on what you infer from the phrase "tons and tons." How many stages do you think the game will end up having? If it's 15 or 20, is that not "tons" more than the initial five? It is to me. Obviously we have no idea how much more content will be unlocked or added at later dates..... I suppose I'm just a little less cautious in my optimism!

ZyroXZ2

Well... I guess it depends on what you infer from the phrase "tons and tons." How many stages do you think the game will end up having? If it's 15 or 20, is that not "tons" more than the initial five? It is to me. Obviously we have no idea how much more content will be unlocked or added at later dates..... I suppose I'm just a little less cautious in my optimism!
I honestly, and HIGHLY doubt we'll have 20 stages. I think we'll be in the realm of closer to 10 or so stages by that August timeline of having content updates. Even so, even if it had 20 stages, I still wouldn't count that as "tons", because if those 20 stages don't serve a strong multitude of modes, a greater diversity of gear and weaponry, and perhaps game-changing mechanics (for example, a horde mode, or perhaps adding those turrets from single-player into certain multiplayer maps/modes), then it's just not "tons" :p

ZyroXZ2

I went into the Digital Event with my expectations realistic and stayed back as everyone hopped on those hype trains. As a person who stayed calm and logical about the whole affair, what impressions did I have?

ZyroXZ2

I could barely manage to get most (not even all!) of the announcements into 5 minutes... But I did it! I can understand why Quantum Break and Scalebound announcements got pushed to Gamescom!

ZyroXZ2

There's no denying that Yooka-Laylee's Kickstarter funding has been a success. It's record-breaking, even! But this generates a lot of hype, and hype leads to often monumental expectations. Do people need to take it down a notch?

ZyroXZ2

People think only E3 exposed some better moves Microsoft has made with Rare. Yet, they continue to either conveniently forget or not realize that Microsoft has revived Killer Instinct, and competently at that!

ZyroXZ2

There's been a lot of discussion on my channel and not a lot of games, but don't worry, reviews galore are coming!... Until then, maybe a little talk on this whole "angry gamer" thing might be in order!

ZyroXZ2

This thread will be a 3 episode rolling log of Playstation 4 content! I hope you enjoy it! ^_^

Playstation Gold Wireless Headset Review!

Killzone: Shadow Fall Review!

inFAMOUS Second Son Review!

Last edited:

ZyroXZ2

The good thing about the Virtual Console is that sometimes games I missed crop up! Paper Mario was one of those games I missed because I was busy shooting things in Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Was I fool to have passed this up?!

ZyroXZ2

I was one of the few people who stood behind this man when most people weren't. I posted a video back in March of 2014, yes 2014, outlining this man's background and why I supported him. Additionally, my profile picture and ending on Wii U "Five" episodes has always been an on-going salute to this man. I think it's time others please understand why I supported Satoru Iwata all this time.

ZyroXZ2

Microsoft publishes quite a few lesser known titles. This was one of the games I meant to go back and play, and I finally had the chance! Is this the kind of budget title you need to help tide you over until the holiday gaming wallet rape?

ZyroXZ2

I will preface this review by letting you know this game is more of a documentary-game. It's more for those that look to understand the cultures and people of the world than it is for those looking for just a "game". You've been warned!

ZyroXZ2

I'm not really into this whole remake/port situation, but then again, the Wii U admittedly isn't exactly bursting at the seams with games to play! So I took the dive and gave this PS2 port a shot! Does it stand the test of time?

ZyroXZ2

That's a lotta old and new games for $30... But how many of the games should you be interested in for it to be worth it? I'd say 1/3 of them is enough, and even then... it honestly makes Nintendo look pretty greedy considering the pricing scheme of the Virtual Console!

ZyroXZ2

Rare Replay is awesome, there's no doubt about it. But it doesn't have ALL of Rare's best gems, and it CAN'T. Microsoft may have bought Rare, but without the rights to Donkey Kong, there's a series that ranks up there with Rare's best work. This one!

ZyroXZ2

Is there such a thing as too much graphics? Probably not, but I got myself a taste of what's in store for Horizon Zero Dawn's graphics, and they're beautiful. But will Horizon Zero Dawn follow in this game's footsteps? I sure hope not!

Ex-Actarus

@ZyroXZ2 , great review again !

I agree with both of your original points : Mario Maker should have been a launch title and what's the point of unlocking feature at a later stage.

That said, I'm quite impressed by the very positive response the game is having.

This could be one of surprise BIG hit of this upcoming holidays.

I mean this pack will sell bonkers during the Black Friday ( if the price is right Big N... ).

ZyroXZ2

There's just something about powerful, nimble cars that brings out the absolutely garbage Brit in me. I'm not Jeremy Clarkson, and this isn't Top Gear, but it IS Forza Motorsport 6!

ZyroXZ2

@ZyroXZ2 , great review again !

I agree with both of your original points : Mario Maker should have been a launch title and what's the point of unlocking feature at a later stage.

That said, I'm quite impressed by the very positive response the game is having.

This could be one of surprise BIG hit of this upcoming holidays.

I mean this pack will sell bonkers during the Black Friday ( if the price is right Big N... ).

I can't deny the appeal of Mario games, but I just get the feeling that the bundle will only sell so much unless, like you said, the price point is dropped. Until it's $250, it's hard to see how a simply $50 for an Xbox One doesn't overall trounce the value-per-dollar. In that situation, only someone loyal to Nintendo would make that purchase, as anyone else just looking for value and entertainment that doesn't give a rats ass about system wars would just make the best purchase for their wallet, which is painful to admit as being the Xbox One at the current moment!

Odo

I can't deny the appeal of Mario games, but I just get the feeling that the bundle will only sell so much unless, like you said, the price point is dropped. Until it's $250, it's hard to see how a simply $50 for an Xbox One doesn't overall trounce the value-per-dollar. In that situation, only someone loyal to Nintendo would make that purchase, as anyone else just looking for value and entertainment that doesn't give a rats ass about system wars would just make the best purchase for their wallet, which is painful to admit as being the Xbox One at the current moment!
I know that Wii U can't compete with X1, but do people still care about $50?

$50 is the price of one AAA game.

For me, consoles are like printers, once you use it for 1 year, you're paying for a second printer in refill ink value.

ZyroXZ2

I know that Wii U can't compete with X1, but do people still care about $50?

$50 is the price of one AAA game.

For me, consoles are like printers, once you use it for 1 year, you're paying for a second printer in refill ink value.
That's PRECISELY the point, though! $50 is nothing in a developed country, so that's a small price to pay for better graphics, system voice chat (even if just for having the option), the full 3rd party lineup, free games, and the currently hard-hitting exclusives the Xbox One has going for it! The only reason to pay for the Wii U at the $300 price point is because you just can't live without Nintendo games! I fall into that category, I have to have my Nintendo games, but in reality, I'm not going to pretend the cost-to-performance ratio of the Xbox One isn't much better right now... :p

Ex-Actarus

Great move @ZyroXZ2 ! Looking forward to the change. That's a pity that gamers nowadays are still so much in camps. That hurts the gaming community as a whole in my opinion. But that's another story...

That's funny that you've chosen Horizon Zero Dawn, it's anew franchise. Do you think that franchise could become as iconic as Uncharted or Gran Turismo for Sony ? I'm not sure...

ZyroXZ2

You make good videos sir, keep it up.
Your videos are great. I love your game reviews.
Thank you, both! There's tons of game reviews coming in the next few months! ;)

Great move @ZyroXZ2 ! Looking forward to the change. That's a pity that gamers nowadays are still so much in camps. That hurts the gaming community as a whole in my opinion. But that's another story...

That's funny that you've chosen Horizon Zero Dawn, it's anew franchise. Do you think that franchise could become as iconic as Uncharted or Gran Turismo for Sony ? I'm not sure...
Gamers don't really game, they argue, hahaha! As for HZD, I'm pretty excited about it, and Sony knows they can't screw up with a new franchise, nor that they can afford to keep having so many mediocre exclusives! Having said that, I think they're going to invest a lot into HZD, so I hope it pays off!

ZyroXZ2

I decided to take a look at the companies running the current generation consoles, and look at what they've standardized in the console gaming industry. Why is this important? Because it's often thanks to a competitor that gamers have the features they have on their consoles!

ZyroXZ2

So the title is ridiculously long, but is the game as long in the tooth? Has the musou formula found a new way to refresh itself through more major IP licenses? I find out in Dragon Quest Heroes, a game made by the same devs as Hyrule Warriors!

ZyroXZ2

I've played every main entry in the AC series, but it's ACII that properly captured me with its connection between history and the modern day. Lately, recent AC games have stepped away from that connection, but does AC Syndicate recapture my interest?

ZyroXZ2

After catching up on the Halo series through the Master Chief Collection, I was stoked to finally get my hands on Halo 5. Picking up right where Halo 4 left off, does 343 Industries' second Halo outing prove their prowess?

ZyroXZ2

If there's one thing that bothers me about modern shooters, it's that whole skill-balancing system. But enough about that, how's Treyarch's latest entry stack up against Sledgehammer's first? Let's find out!