The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Review) | ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Yea, you're probably all over Fallout 4's nuts right now. That's kind of a shame, because you might just be missing out on one of Lara's best outings! I'll tell you now: I'm glad I didn't skip this one!

ZyroXZ2

You know this holiday just has all kinds of Star Wars buzz surrounding the new movie on the horizon. Maybe you'll never be able to fulfill the real-life dream of shooting pew-pew lasers and making love to Princess Leia when she was young, but is this game the next best thing?

Ex-Actarus

Great Star Wars review @ZyroXZ2 !

I just bought the game and I will try it later on. I already know I will LOVE IT. I
I know content is an issue, but damned it's Star Wars in glorious HD :) !!!
One of my favorite game of last gen was Lords of the Rings Conquest, the game was annihilated by critics, but I absolutely love it ( until EA shut down the servers 1 year later... ). I feel I will be the same thing for me with Battlefront.

That's a very interesting theory that you have there regarding the solo mission being scrapped. That makes lots of sense ! They couldn't afford to miss the Episode 7 window. It will be interesting to see if a solo mission is proposed down the road as DLC...

Ex-Actarus

I also watched the review for Mario Tennis Ultra Smash and Rise of the the Tomb Raider.

I'm still looking for a Mario Tennis game as fun as the first one on Nintendo 64. I hope this is the one. I know the content is a pity, but it looks FUN ! I will definitely grab it this Christmas when I'm planning to buy a Wii U to play with my bros. We spent countless hours on Mario Tennis on N64, I just can't wait to play this one :)

I bought Rise of the Tomb Raider along with Battlefront, so I'll be busy playing those games this weekend. It seems Rise of the Tomb Raider should be the game of the year. BUT, all the noise around Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3, make it a lost cause. That's a pity, I think Rise of the Tomb Raider is paying for being ONLY on Xbox platforms...

ZyroXZ2

Great Star Wars review @ZyroXZ2 !

I just bought the game and I will try it later on. I already know I will LOVE IT. I
I know content is an issue, but damned it's Star Wars in glorious HD :) !!!
One of my favorite game of last gen was Lords of the Rings Conquest, the game was annihilated by critics, but I absolutely love it ( until EA shut down the servers 1 year later... ). I feel I will be the same thing for me with Battlefront.

That's a very interesting theory that you have there regarding the solo mission being scrapped. That makes lots of sense ! They couldn't afford to miss the Episode 7 window. It will be interesting to see if a solo mission is proposed down the road as DLC...
I also watched the review for Mario Tennis Ultra Smash and Rise of the the Tomb Raider.

I'm still looking for a Mario Tennis game as fun as the first one on Nintendo 64. I hope this is the one. I know the content is a pity, but it looks FUN ! I will definitely grab it this Christmas when I'm planning to buy a Wii U to play with my bros. We spent countless hours on Mario Tennis on N64, I just can't wait to play this one :)

I bought Rise of the Tomb Raider along with Battlefront, so I'll be busy playing those games this weekend. It seems Rise of the Tomb Raider should be the game of the year. BUT, all the noise around Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3, make it a lost cause. That's a pity, I think Rise of the Tomb Raider is paying for being ONLY on Xbox platforms...
I'm glad my reviews are helping you out! There are so many games to play this holiday, eh?! xD

I don't think RotTR is really "paying" for being a holiday exclusive: even if it was a PS4 exclusive, it would have still fell under 1 million simply because of Fallout 4. If anything, part of it is the lack of marketing after Microsoft basically had to change their contract for holiday exclusivity due to the backlash of whiners/gamers, and I can understand that since Microsoft is publishing it (thus putting money into it), they dialed back their marketing campaigns knowing that all they were doing was basically paying for it to sell on other systems next year. If anything, we don't know how much it may have helped, but it's quite possible that the money Microsoft put into RotTR actually assisted it in being an even more polished game. Money goes a long way sometimes! ;)

Ex-Actarus

It's finally here! One of the largest game-worlds to ever be created, and also part of a genre that is sorely lacking on the Wii U. Is this all the reason a JRPG fan needs to buy a Wii U?

Great review again @ZyroXZ2 !

Xenoblade Chronicles X was probably the game I was most excited about for this gen after the legendary January 2013 Direct. But the more I saw the game, the less I was hyped. I just have mixed feeling now :(

I've seen lots of footage of the game now and I have to say the technical glitches are a big disappointment. The popping is unacceptable, that's not something you see that much in 2015 ! We're talking about issues of 2 gens ago there !

Anyway, the world looks absolutely phenomenal ! I would love to lost myself in it, but I hope that the technical shortcomings and complicated menu systems don't ruin the experience. I'll give a try for sure anyway.

Odo

Xenoblade Chronicles X was probably the game I was most excited about for this gen after the legendary January 2013 Direct. But the more I saw the game, the less I was hyped. I just have mixed feeling now :(

I've seen lots of footage of the game now and I have to say the technical glitches are a big disappointment. The popping is unacceptable, that's not something you see that much in 2015 ! We're talking about issues of 2 gens ago there !

Anyway, the world looks absolutely phenomenal ! I would love to lost myself in it, but I hope that the technical shortcomings and complicated menu systems don't ruin the experience. I'll give a try for sure anyway.
pop-in isn't a good thing, but the game has almost zero glitches

its got the biggest world ever and you can traverse it without a single loading screen. it's still a tech marvel, don't loose your excitement because of a few minor problems.

Ex-Actarus

its got the biggest world ever and you can traverse it without a single loading screen. it's still a tech marvel, don't loose your excitement because of a few minor problems.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited to play that game, but it's not anymore the "game of the decade" type of game I thought it would be...

It seems Monolith can't help pushing machines to their limits :)
Can't wait to see what those guys will do on NX.

Odo

Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited to play that game, but it's not anymore the "game of the decade" type of game I thought it would be...

Yeah, I see. For me I knew that it wouldn't surpass XC. The first one is too epic.

My main concern now is about the music.

Last edited:

ZyroXZ2

Yeah, I see. For me I knew that it wouldn't surpass XC. The first one is too epic.

My main concern now is about the music.
Well, there ARE some loading screens (not the fast travel ones), so not all areas are readily accessible immediately. Let's just say 95% of it is, lol

And yea, Xenoblade Chronicles' story and story-based world are better than XCX, but at the same time, the world's complexity most definitely exceeds Xenoblade Chronicles.

About the music, they currently have no volume control for it separately, sooo... Take that for what you will, but at this current time, you'd better be able to either like a variety of music, or shut it out mentally, lol

Odo

About the music, they currently have no volume control for it separately, sooo... Take that for what you will, but at this current time, you'd better be able to either like a variety of music, or shut it out mentally, lol
No sound control is really a shame.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Well, there ARE some loading screens (not the fast travel ones), so not all areas are readily accessible immediately. Let's just say 95% of it is, lol

And yea, Xenoblade Chronicles' story and story-based world are better than XCX, but at the same time, the world's complexity most definitely exceeds Xenoblade Chronicles.

Nah I disagree.

XC story is only better if you like your games to be grander than life. XCX is better if you like learning how all the people interact.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Nah dude. The game is amazing.

Even digital foundry agrees.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-vs-xenoblade-chronicles-x

The game also has pop in because that's the way the game loads map data, in the background/foreground.
Its intentional and its masked with a fading blur affect that the team used.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Nah dude. The game is amazing.

Even digital foundry agrees.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-vs-xenoblade-chronicles-x

The game also has pop in because that's the way the game loads map data, in the background/foreground.
Its intentional and its masked with a fading blur affect that the team used.
Also, people may or may not forget that XC had the same type of loading and pop in fading blur, especially with NPCs, and whatnot. Sacrifices had to made, and this was probably something that fixed the majority of slowdown when making the game. I'm sure Monolith soft experimented with different sets of how to stream/load data in the game that struck a balance for what was possible given the hardware used, and of course streaming data via the disc versus digital (hence the data packs).

ZyroXZ2

Nah I disagree.

XC story is only better if you like your games to be grander than life. XCX is better if you like learning how all the people interact.
If we're only strictly speaking about XC games, than that is somewhat correct. When it comes to interweaving of webs in terms of dialogue and how it all pans out between people, Fallout 4 is definitely a far better example, lol (among other games that use a more complex interaction between dialogue/outcomes).

ZyroXZ2

Sure, Nintendo fans have been wondering where F-Zero is. What they probably haven't played is WipEout, which this game is closer to in overall terms of handling design. Nonetheless, F-Zero and WipEout fans share one thing in a common: a love for insane speed in an anti-grav environment. Does this indie title deliver?

ZyroXZ2

Yes, I know, it took me forever to get to this review. But here we are, I finally am putting my thoughts out there on one of the biggest selling franchises that released an iteration this holiday season. Is Fallout 4 the sequel to Fallout 3 we've been waiting for?

ZyroXZ2

I know I know, you're entirely shocked to find out I play an MMO. Welp, I've been itching to return to my favorite MMO series, and this expansion was a good excuse. Is this expansion worth its weight?

Oh, and Merry Christmas! o<|:)

ZyroXZ2

As a multi-platform owner, the landscape of 2015 proved to be quite a landscape of experiences. Here are just the highlights of what I enjoyed this year, and I hope you enjoyed some of these, too!

ZyroXZ2

Sure, there's not a whole lot of big games coming out anytime soon, but until then, here are five games I've personally reviewed that I feel will do a great job of filling in your time!

ZyroXZ2

Let's get one thing important out of the way first: if you're looking for a racing sim, this game isn't for you. However, if you just can't resist cars and Top Gear like me, you couldn't resist giving this game a spin...

ZyroXZ2

Rise of the Tomb Raider is still easily one of 2015's best games, and as such, I had no trouble buying the game's season pass. Let's see how the Baba Yaga story DLC stacks up, shall we?

ZyroXZ2

Due to Twitter votes, I was left to decide whether to make a mini-vid on "How to Make Call of Duty Better", or roll it in as an intro. It made it in as an intro. Oh, and the Awakening DLC review and stuff.

ZyroXZ2

This game might just catch you by surprise, primarily in its production values. Why? Because it was originally an indie game that got picked up by Electronic Arts for publishing duties!

ZyroXZ2

Zyro. I remember you on ign.
I left that place recently and in the process of bringing more over here. Got a few people so far to jump ship over here.
Yea, IGN's userbase back when I was on it for a short time was really toxic (not sure how it is now!). Some were okay (and like most forums, you have a sort of "group" of folks that just go there to shoot the shit), but forum threads and things said on that forum had me facepalming all-too-regularly, lol

ZyroXZ2

I agree: the next main Zelda game just can't come soon enough! But with a tendency for delays, perhaps something to chew on might help ease the anxiety... And what better than an HD version of Twilight Princess!

And finally, this will be the last update provided to this thread. Those of you who found me through this forum: I want to thank you for having the courage to check out "just another" YouTube channel being posted by a forum member! I get that these things can be hard to trust, so those of you that had the fearlessness to watch my videos: I thank you kindly!

Some of you are on my social media and already know why I won't be updating forum threads anymore. For the rest of you: the channel will be shutting down at the end of June 2016. And for the losers that I easily tracked to individual forums that only dislike my videos when I post them: you finally got your win, and I hope it makes your day better! Yes, I've known who you are for awhile now! :D

Farewell everyone, and best of joy with your games, not your systems!

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I agree: the next main Zelda game just can't come soon enough! But with a tendency for delays, perhaps something to chew on might help ease the anxiety... And what better than an HD version of Twilight Princess!

And finally, this will be the last update provided to this thread. Those of you who found me through this forum: I want to thank you for having the courage to check out "just another" YouTube channel being posted by a forum member! I get that these things can be hard to trust, so those of you that had the fearlessness to watch my videos: I thank you kindly!

Some of you are on my social media and already know why I won't be updating forum threads anymore. For the rest of you: the channel will be shutting down at the end of June 2016. And for the losers that I easily tracked to individual forums that only dislike my videos when I post them: you finally got your win, and I hope it makes your day better! Yes, I've known who you are for awhile now! :D

Farewell everyone, and best of joy with your games, not your systems!
So why exactly are you shutting it all down by the end of the year? Moving onto new and exciting projects and adventures in your life?

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
You would probably get a better response to your projects if you were actually a part of some of the forums you post your videos on....

Good luck....

lol, fearlessness....

543px-SpidermanFacepalm.jpg