The Log Cabin stone job.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Wasssss uppppp my people! It's that time again! And this time I switched it up alittle.

So first the back drop. I won't write this guys name because he's very private, and I kinda snuck to do this video so if I sound alittle different it's because I'm trying to kinda be quite while also getting all the shots.

We worked on this cabin for almost a year. It is to date the most difficult job I've ever ran / worked on. This guy wanted everything that no one else has. All unique, and all the way he wanted it. Tho he let us create he was still very particular. Himself is a major bridge builder and he is the head of a major bridge building company around here. DID NOT MISS ONE DAY ON THE JOB TNE.......dude didn't miss one day and was with us constantly. And while that's great for getting answers swiftly, you were also always under a watchful eye which after long periods of time can be stressful. It made us question weither or not he trusted us to do this work. Of course we got the job and that in itself speaks volumes it was just an interesting dynamic I've never experienced having the home owner there 24/7 and doing hard ass work himself.

I took a video for you guys with my phone. I hope the quality is good because there's a lot to see. If the video isn't enough and you would like still photos of a certain area just ask and I'll gladly post some for you. This is know kinda my first video explaining things on my job. I hope y'all enjoy this work. Ohhhhhh yeah.....there is some stuff in this video that you might not thinks still was alive in stonework. Just wait till the end :msrs:

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I'm a sucker for that fire pit area. But I'd probably spend hours drinking whiskey in front of that gigantic fireplace, because reasons.
Have to agree there. Get myself a nice cigar, pour a good class of Knob Creek (which I just bought another bottle of), and listen to some John Coltrane or Miles Davis (or any other good Jazz).

:mfancy::msrs:

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
Ok, that entire setup is incredible. That fireplace was built for the dining hall of the Norse gods.

And how awesome is that pool?

The whole place is sexy as all get out.

Last edited:

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
That was phenomenal! The work around the pool and firepit, as well as the long column on the side of the house. I'm so impressed! Pure art!

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Should I have shot it with my phone sideways?
Just for future reference, yes. It's a pedantic criticism I have with folks who shoot that way. Thankfully, your video still showed everything, so it was all good in the end.

There was that one part in the video where you were trying to get the whole water feature in the frame, and I'm shouting, "turn it horizontal!" :mlaugh:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I will remember that next time fellas thank y'all.

Also remember when watching the video at certain times there were 3 different people laying. I'm so glad the whole job turned out looking like 1 person did it. But on the big indoor fireplaces they were both only laided by my cousin and I.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Amazing. Seriously. How rich is the owner of the house? And how much did the project cost??
As far as cash on hand IMO he's probably the richest dude I've ever been around. He's been building bridges (no degree either) since 1991. He told us he likes to profit 1 million dollars a bridge and right now he has the contract for 26 bridges in our area.

As far as the cabin itself and everything in it. I would venture a guess of 3-4 million dollars for the project.

EthanGK

The blunder from down under
Wow Matt, this is some damn fine work from you and your boys! That fireplace is amazing, it just looks so cool when the sunlight hits it on the outside. You can see the care that went into every little detail because it just looks so immaculate. Annoying as it might have been, I bet the owner is stoked that he helped out with this, it's one thing to own something so awesome but to have helped create it is something else entirely. So great man.

Only complaint about the video is you nearly gave me a heart attack when you were trying to get a better shot of the fireplace. You started walking backwards near the pool I felt sure you were about to fall in hahaha!
Great job, Matt. Bet you're looking forward to some less massive jobs for a while now, though :)

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Wow Matt, this is some damn fine work from you and your boys! That fireplace is amazing, it just looks so cool when the sunlight hits it on the outside. You can see the care that went into every little detail because it just looks so immaculate. Annoying as it might have been, I bet the owner is stoked that he helped out with this, it's one thing to own something so awesome but to have helped create it is something else entirely. So great man.

Only complaint about the video is you nearly gave me a heart attack when you were trying to get a better shot of the fireplace. You started walking backwards near the pool I felt sure you were about to fall in hahaha!
Great job, Matt. Bet you're looking forward to some less massive jobs for a while now, though :)
I'm definatly welcoming some smaller jobs at the moment. So glad you enjoyed it Ethan

>vertical video

Lol just kidding around. Finally got around to watching it, that's some fugging amazing work right there. Absolutely well done to you and your team Matta.