The Official 2014 Game Completion Thread

Aki

Welcome to The Official 2014 Game Completion Thread!
The purpose of this thread is for all of us forum goers / gaming enthusiasts to post about the games that we've completed in the year 2014. You can make your posts as detailed as you want, recounting every little bit of your adventure, or as brief as you want. Depending on how many users actually use this thread, I may give out an award (PSN Card, eShop Card, etc...) at the end of the year to the one baller ass 5* Stunner who wrecks the most amount of games. Bred > Bed, now get to work.
THIS IS NOT A POST YOUR BACKLOG THREAD, so please don't waste virtual paper and server HDD space.

Nice thread Aki. Those awards certainly have me interested, you might need people to give proof of that though. I probably wouldn't win though, haven't completed anything in ages lol. I'm on the last level of SM3DWorld, but just can't do it! I'm playing through several other games too.
I'll revisit this thread at a later date for sure.

Aki

Game Completed: Darksiders
Console: PS3
Date: 1/26/14

So, I just beat Darksiders on PS3. It's a pretty fucking bombass game. It's very similar to other dungeon crawlers such as Zelda and Metroid. The best way that I can describe it is a cross between Zelda and God of War. You play as one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, War. You're essentially framed for breaking the seven seals that keep order between the three kingdoms; Man, Heaven, and Hell. Instead of the Charred Council, the United Nations of the game, killing you, they let you prove your innocence. After that, it's your typical dungeon crawler; you lose all of your weapons / abilities and must regain certain ones to progress in the game while uncovering the truth behind the breaking of the Seven Seals. There's a few side quests, not many, most of the side questing is collecting the various treasure chests and artifacts hidden throughout the game. All in all, I'd recommend it to anyone who's into dungeon crawlers and has about 20 hours to spare.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
i haven't beaten anything in 2014 yet, but the best game i completed last year was probably the last of us. that game is just totally outstanding, and i think it brings gaming to a new level as an art form. it's a must play. i started a new game today, and it's just as fun the second time through as it was the first. can't wait to see what naughtydog does next.

I love the idea of this thread. Do we simply edit our original post or just keep tacking on new posts as we beat new games?

Game Completed : FEZ
Platform: PC
Completion Date: January 4, 2014

This is the 3rd game in my exploration of indie games, I loved the gameplay of this one and really enjoyed the puzzle aspect. I completed the harder parts of the game with walkthroughs and honestly the harder puzzles are so cryptic I'm surprised anyone got them, not a fan of those sorts of puzzles. The story is weird and not all that enjoyable, if there really even is a story. If there is I didn't catch it. If you like getting lost in a virtual world then this game is for you.

Game Completed: Braid
Completion Date: January 6, 2014

Continuing into the realm of Indie games I had to try this one after hearing the reviews. Right off the bat this game charms you with its art and soundtrack, the story starts off simple enough but unravels to be something a bit more complex that sort of came across as cheap to me. The writer could have kept the story simple and would of kept this game charming, instead they tried to use metaphors to illustrate one of history's darker moments. Story aside the puzzles in this game are fresh, challenging and enjoyable to play through.

Aki

I love the idea of this thread. Do we simply edit our original post or just keep tacking on new posts as we beat new games?
I think you can only edit up to 24 hours after making your initial post, so just make a new post every time that you beat a game and I'll periodically gather up all of the info and try to get a mod to sort if out for us. Also, it's best to take a screenshot of the game completion trophy / achievement just in case more users do use this and I do give out a prize. Not sure how we'll incorporate that yet, so just save it on your pc or something.

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
Brothers A Tale of Two Sons takes the honor of being the first game I beat.
Wind Waker I technically beat since I am on the last boss battle so I just left and decided to complete every side quest.

Aki

Should be a big week for me. I intend to finish up at least two games this week and possibly clear a good chunk of a third game (ACIV, SM3DW, and GoW Ascension). After that, I'll be moving on to Tomb Raider, FABLE, and 10th Anniversary and either GoW3 or FFXIII.

Aki

Game Completed: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Console: PS4
Date: 2/05/14
Finally beat the damn game. Got so bored of it towards the end that I don't think I even want to write about it. Also, fuck Ubi for making me have to use the lameass Uplay for some trophies.

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
Game Completed: PortalPlatform: PC
Completion Date: January 2nd, 2014.

This is without a doubt one of the best games I've ever played. It makes you look at puzzle games in a whole new light, not to mention the atmosphere and story are just plain superb.
Game Completed: Rocketbirds: Hardboiled ChickenPlatform: PCCompletion Date: January 13th, 2014.
I wasn't expecting much from this game (got it in a Humble Bundle), but I was pleasantly surprised. With a beautiful art style, dark story, and fun action this game is pretty good.---------------------------I've also finished (in the sense of beating the main story) Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) and Rayman Legends (Wii U), but I'll wait to post those until I 100% them.

Game Completed : Mark of the Ninja
Completion Date: February 6, 2013

Another amazing indie title. It's no wonder its meta critic score is 91. Great stealth game, some truly unique gameplay mechanics in this game.

Successfully called some guy on the internet a fa**t.
Loljk, but I did recently beat Spec Ops: The Line. Screw the reviews, I recommend it. But get it when it's on sale.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
the Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds... finished it.. loved it... though the ending was a bit weak, re-exploring a land Iw as so intimately familiar with in a new way was kind of cool though (I feel there should have been more changes to it, the wall merge mechanic was awesome though... I do wish they ahd done mroe with the items though... for example phantom hourglass had a TON of ways to use the hook shot.. you could even link 2 posts together and use it as a sling shot or tight rope... it is that versatility within items that I missed in this game... but I got so much mroe out of this game that ahs been missing from zelda for like a decade now that Iw as ok with it

as for completion.... I followed my typical apth.. I started out trying tog et everything... towards the end of the game I had almsot everything and the struggle to close the gap started sapping the fun out of the game for me so I hit a breaking point and just said "f' it" and beat the damn thing that is my typical zelda pattern I don't know if I have ever gotten everything... I think I did get all the hearts in TP but I believe I was missing some other stuff

Well, as much as you can "complete" it, F1 Race Stars: Powered Up Edition and Unepic are two I've just finished up, currently writing up a review for the latter. F1 RS was kind of boring, didn't enjoy it too much but it makes the wait for MK8 that much more bearable. Not usually a fan of RPGs but Unepic hit some good spots.
Also just finished the single player mode in Injustice, was a bit cautious as most fighting games bore me but this one was actually fun. Would enjoy the multiplayer but there is literally no one online on Wii U.
Curse you people finishing ALBW, that's on my to do list once I get some free time, I've only managed four or five hours but I'm enjoying that too. 3DS is an amazing system with a fantastic library. Also on half way there but still need to do list: SM3DW, Runner 2, AC3.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
So far, I've beaten Super Metroid and Metroid: Other M, and I believe it was in January, but maybe it was in December? Damn it, I can't remember, and I'm not going to search through my all past posts. Regardless, those are the two games I've beaten so far.

Aki

Game Completed: Super Mario 3D World
Console: Wii U
Date: 2/9/14
Didn't 100% the game yet, just beat the main story of the game with Mario. I did, however, collect all of the stamps and green stars. Not sure if I will be 100%ing this game. While the game was pretty good, I found it lacking for a Mario title.

Finished up Link Between Worlds a couple days ago, though I haven't yet started on Hero Mode. For my youtube channel so far this year, I ended up beating Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers on Game Boy, and Gradius Galaxies on GBA.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
soooooooooo.... i don't beat most of the games i buy, tbh. i kinda dabble in most of em. just enough to get my toes wet. maybe poke around in the multi. but here's what i've got in 2014 so far.

Catherine
Persona 4 Golden
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Titanfall (lel)
Shadowrun Returns
Mafia II

I'm currently working on Dead Nation, FFXHD (kinda), Brutal Legend and Persona 3 FES. I'll probably pick up Persona 4 Arena pretty soon since i love fighters as well as the persona cast.

Anyone else have some 2014 achievements? Suuuuuup?

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
So far, I've only beaten Bravely Default, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Normal Mode AND Hero Mode), and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies. I'm a bit more busy this time of year so I didn't play much yet. Oh and I guess you can add Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations, and Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney to the list of games I've beaten this year

Last edited:
Just completed Rayman Legends. 700/700 Teensies rescued!

Game Completed : Rayman Legends
Platform: Wii U
Completion Date: June 22, 2014

This was my first Wii U software purchase and it was an amazing game. Great platforming, great ideas, lovely art work AND it got my gf into gaming :)

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Forgot about this thread so let me get on it.

Finally beat DK:TF last night and whole crap what and awesome amazing game. Retro by God you still got it boys.

Also earlier this week I finished everything on the single player of MK8. 3 starred all the Grand Prix, all time trials beaten and everything unlocked but one part.

On Mario Golf I finished up all the challanges which I reckon counts as beating the single player.

Man I've been on a tear!:msrs:

Just completed Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. All heart pieces and whiny babies collected!

Game Completed : Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Platform: 3DS
Completion Date: July 10, 2014

This game felt really easy to me, not sure if it's due to my experience with Zelda games or if this one was toned down but in total I died twice and it feels like I breezed through it in probably less than 10 hours. Overall nice fun Zelda even though it felt easy/short.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Just completed Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. All heart pieces and whiny babies collected!

Game Completed : Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Platform: 3DS
Completion Date: July 10, 2014

This game felt really easy to me, not sure if it's due to my experience with Zelda games or if this one was toned down but in total I died twice and it feels like I breezed through it in probably less than 10 hours. Overall nice fun Zelda even though it felt easy/short.
Did you beat it on Hero Mode?

Oh alright, just asking

Also, how'd you like Shovel Knight?
You can watch my unpopular opinion here:

Overall I thought Shovel Knight was fun. The difficulty was just right and there was a lot of side things like extra bosses, levels and such. I wish the story had been more satisfying though. I expected more from the game in terms of story. Overall great game but I disagree with all the immense hype surrounding it.

The shovel upgrades were good, I felt there was only 2 armor upgrades out of about 6 that were worth it and I found myself using the items very rarely. I would have also hoped more from the overall soundtrack. Only 2 songs really stuck to me (title screen and level 1).

It's a game I'd recommend to any platformer fan.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
You can watch my unpopular opinion here:

Overall I thought Shovel Knight was fun. The difficulty was just right and there was a lot of side things like extra bosses, levels and such. I wish the story had been more satisfying though. I expected more from the game in terms of story. Overall great game but I disagree with all the immense hype surrounding it.

The shovel upgrades were good, I felt there was only 2 armor upgrades out of about 6 that were worth it and I found myself using the items very rarely. I would have also hoped more from the overall soundtrack. Only 2 songs really stuck to me (title screen and level 1).

It's a game I'd recommend to any platformer fan.
Hahaha! Yeah, I can see where you're coming from, though. The game looks great and everything but some people do seem to kinda give it a bit TOO much praise

Here's my on-the-spot half-arsed post about games I've completed this year so far.

A Link To The Past
Super Mario 3D World
Okami (Not sure if that was early this year or late last year...)

Near completion:
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Fire Emblem Awakening
Dishonored
Final Fantasy VI (???)

Games I've given up on because they're fudging boring the shiz outta me:
Sleeping Dogs.

Might have missed stuff, so sue me.

Odo

2014 Completed List

Super Mario Galaxy
Airport Hero Hawaii - Obscure but amazing game!

Getting through

Metroid Prime 3
Mario Kart 7
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Kirby Triple Deluxe

Abandoned

MegaMan ZX

Aki

Been a while since I've posted in this bad boy. Let me see if I can remember all of the games that I've beaten since SM3DW . . .

1. Tomb Raider - PS4
2. Metal Gear Solid IV: Ground Zeroes - PS4
3. The Last of Us - PS4
4. The Last of Us - PS3
5. inFamous - PS4
6. Pokemon Y - 3DS
7. LoZ: A Link Between Worlds - 3DS
8. Mario Kart 8 - Wii U
9. Dragon Age: Origins - PS3
10. Mass Effect - PS3

Aki

Chrono Trigger
SNES
08/28/14

I picked this game up and played through it in about a week. I really enjoyed it and really got into it. I'm pretty sure that I completed the limited amount of side quests there were and that I had my team equipped with the best gear. I didn't grind all the way to max level. I probably should've for the new game+ file, but I was too burnt out from the game by the time I had reached the end. I found the characters to be quite enjoyable and the story was as good as a time traveler story gets.

Odo

2014 Completed List

Super Mario Galaxy (5/5 Stars)
Airport Hero Hawaii (5/5 Stars)
Kirby Triple Deluxe (4/5 Stars)

Getting through

Metroid Prime 3
Mario Kart 7
Mario Kart 8
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance