The Official 2015 Game Completion Thread

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Fair enough, but Bayonetta 2 is a whole different ball game, and it has a far bigger 'fun' factor than Bayonetta. I recommend you give it a try, since both of those discs made up my GOTY last year ^_^
The thing is is that I already have like half of Bayonetta 2 finished and, so far, it feels like Bayonetta 1 but w/o quicktime events :p

Again, I definitely don't consider them bad games but they're not really for me, which is kinda weird 'cause I was into Devil May Cry on the PS2

Aki

Grandia II
Dreamcast
07/03/15

Well, I finally beat Grandia II after having started the game two or three years ago. I gotta say, it felt very rewarding considering how long the journey was and how many obstacles had to be overcome. First, the initial copy of the game that I bought had this really deep scratch on it that wouldn't let me progress past the very beginning of the game. Second, the copy that I exchanged it for also had a deep scratch in it, but luckily, I was able to get the disc cleaned and it worked. Third, the initial Dreamcast that I started playing the game on broke which was sort of a blessing since I replaced it with the much cooler black Sega Sports Edition console. Finally, the VGA box that I was using also broke, but I replaced that. So ya, went through all of that to beat the game, but it was worth it. The game was awesome, one of the best that I've played on DC!

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
Just finished Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Time to take down Peacewalker next, and Super Metroid is at least halfway through I think, judging by how many bosses I have taken down. Fallout New Vegas is also almost done, its frustratingly hard at the moment, on the House Always Wins V quest -_-. Super Meat Boy, I am on the last world.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Just got done with Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Wii-U) and, I have to say, it's my favorite game in the franchise, although I do feel that it could do without the whole overly sexualized female outfits and the random huge difficulty spike towards the end

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Entwined (PS4) and Journey (PS4)

They're both beautiful experiences, albeit rather short ones. I don't know if I'd necessarily call them games, hence the term "experience"

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Bayonetta 2 (Wii-U)

Finally got around to beating and, damn, it's a great game. What bugged me about the first Bayonetta were the QTE events, which I'd, without fail, always fuck up on and, to avoid a low ranking, I'd replay them numerous times in order to avoid that. If it wasn't for those, I'd have had maybe 3-4 deaths tops. With this game, Platinum Games fixed the problems with the first game and I'm damn happy to say that this is my second favorite Platinum Games game. My favorite is still Okami (PS2) but this isn't far off

Odo

I finished COD Modern Warfare for Wii.

Very good game! I think I'm going to play that again.

Also I almost finished Fire Emblem, but the last boss defeated me.

Odo

I also finished professor Layton.

So those are my finished games

Pokemon Yellow
SteamWorld Dig
Xenoblade Chronicles
Mario Kart 8 DLCs
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
COD Modern Warfare

Odo

At the moment I'm playing SMG2, DK GB, DKC and Pokemon Crystal!

My log of played games:

Xenoblade Chronicles Wii 113:04 5/5 stars
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap Wii U 16:46:00 5/5 stars
Professor Layton and the Curious Village 3DS 16:25:00 5/5 stars
Pokemon Crystal GBA 10:00 5/5 Stars
Pokemon Shuffle 3DS 09:00 3/5 stars
SteamWorld Dig Wii U 08:10 5/5 stars
Hyrule Warriors Wii U 08:00 5/5 Stars
Darksiders 2 Wii U 05:00 4/5 stars
Mario Kart 8 Wii U 03:40 5/5 stars
Armillo Wii U 03:08 5/5 stars
Pokemon Yellow GBA 03:00:00 5/5 Stars
Animal Crossing: Wild World 3DS 03:00:00 5/5 stars
The Wonderful 101 Wii U 02:08 4/5 stars
Fire Emblem Wii U 55:02 5/5 stars
DuckTales: Remastered Wii U 01:54 4/5 stars
Need For Speed Nitro Wii 01:49 3/5 stars
D&D Chronicles of Mystara Wii U 01:40 5/5 stars
Castle Storm Wii U 01:37 2/5 stars
Donkey Kong Land 3DS 01:32 5/5 stars
Donkey Kong Land 2 3DS 01:23 5/5 stars
Final Fight 2 Wii U 01:08 5/5 stars
Castle Conqueror EX 3DS 00:57 1/5 stars
Pokemon Rumble World 3DS 00:56 4/5 stars
Donkey Kong Land III 3DS 00:56 5/5 stars
Lucadian Chronicles Wii U 00:49 5/5 Stars
Airport Hero Hawaii 3DS 00:46 5/5 Stars
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Wii U 10:43 4/3 Stars
Donkey Kong GB 3DS 01:06 4/3 stars

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
So I guess I sort of beat Stanley Parable. So much more to the game. Technically, I beat it a couple days ago but its felt weird posting on here because it was so brief. I got a couple other endings, and its a pretty cool game/experience. I love the meta commentary on it. Its one of those games where you stop and think. And I recommend it to everyone, at least the demo. Also if you get the game, please play the demo before the game. Just do it.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Dust: An Elysian Tale (PS4)

Not bad, not bad at all. It's a decent side-scrolling beat-em with a decent amount of items and gears scattered around the areas for you to collect so, if you're the type to explore, there's definitely something here for you

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
Peacewalker is the next game I have taken down. Really good game, it just overstayed its welcome and had some ridiculous gameplay sections, like one of them was really physically demanding, and I am talking extremely demanding. The bosses were very bullet sponge-y, but didn't require much strategy to them. They were fun however. I didn't get the true ending, I just YouTubed it and my gosh Kojima, that secret ending is an extremely important part to the whole story. It explains the reasoning behind MGS2 and 4, where it all began. Looking forward to MGS5, I might replay Ground Zeroes this weekend. Hopefully I can add a couple other games to this list soon,

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
Splatoon Single Player|Wii U|08/24/15

Finally* beat a game this year lol :msilly: Despite online multiplayer being the main attraction of Splatoon, I really recommend everyone to play the single player. It's a great 3D platformer shooter. And that last boss fight... it's as epic as everyone say it is.

*Well, technically I have replayed and beat Portal, but I'm not going to officially say I did that until I 100% it (which should be soon) because I feel bad for having it count towards my total again because how short the game is.

Odo

I finished DKC and started playing DKC2.

I also finished Cubemen 2. What a fun game!

I got tired of Galaxy 2. Really. The game is great, but sometimes I still prefer the first. I'll get through it later.

Now I'm playing

Donkey Kong GB
Child of Light
Little King
Pokemon Crystal

1. Pokemon Yellow
  2. SteamWorld Dig
  3. Xenoblade Chronicles
  4. Mario Kart 8 DLCs
  5. Professor Layton and the Curious Village
  6. COD Modern Warfare
  7. DKC

My log of played games:

Xenoblade Chronicles --- Wii 113:04 5/5 stars
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap ------ Wii U 16:46:00 5/5 stars
Professor Layton and the Curious Village 3DS 16:25:00 5/5 stars
Pokemon Crystal--- GBA 10:00 5/5 Stars
Pokemon Shuffle--- 3DS 09:00 3/5 stars
SteamWorld Dig--- Wii U 08:10 5/5 stars
Hyrule Warriors--- Wii U 08:00 5/5 Stars
Darksiders 2--- Wii U 05:00 4/5 stars
Mario Kart 8--- Wii U 03:40 5/5 stars
Armillo--- Wii U 03:08 5/5 stars
Pokemon Yellow--- GBA 03:00:00 5/5 Stars
Animal Crossing: Wild World--- 3DS 03:00:00 5/5 stars
The Wonderful 101--- Wii U 02:08 4/5 stars
Fire Emblem--- Wii U 55:02 5/5 stars
DuckTales: Remastered--- Wii U 01:54 4/5 stars
Need For Speed Nitro--- Wii 01:49 3/5 stars
D&D Chronicles of Mystara--- Wii U 01:40 5/5 stars
Castle Storm--- Wii U 01:37 2/5 stars
Donkey Kong Land--- 3DS 01:32 5/5 stars
Donkey Kong Land 2--- 3DS 01:23 5/5 stars
Final Fight 2--- Wii U 01:08 5/5 stars
Castle Conqueror EX--- 3DS 00:57 1/5 stars
Pokemon Rumble World--- 3DS 00:56 4/5 stars
Donkey Kong Land III--- 3DS 00:56 5/5 stars
Lucadian Chronicles--- Wii U 00:49 5/5 Stars
Airport Hero Hawaii --- 3DS 00:46 5/5 Stars
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare --- Wii U 10:43 4/3 Stars
Donkey Kong GB--- 3DS 01:07 4/3 stars
Super Mario Galaxy 2--- Wii U 08:24 5/5 stars
Donkey Kong Country--- Wii U 03:53 5/5 stars
Cubemen 2--- Wii U 03:36 5/5 stars
Donkey Kong Country 2--- Wii U 02:44 4/5 stars
Child of Light--- Wii U 02:12 4/5 stars

Aki

GTA V
PS4
Not sure when

Finished this one a few months back and have been too lazy to update it. Overall, I had a lot of fun with the game. I didn't really enjoy the story as much as I did in the previous GTA games. Some parts of the story, I really liked, however, I felt like the tone was off. In all of the other GTA games, you were some gangster working for mob bosses and what not. That really isn't the case in this one. You're mostly working for the government and a big time business man, I guess that's today's mob. Michael's character sort of pissed me off too. I wanted to like him the most since I can relate to him the most, but his family issues really put me off of him. I disliked Trevor at first, but grew to like him more and more as I progressed with the game. Franklin was whatever. He just seemed like a generic black dude. The online portion of the game is money.

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Xbox One
9/5/15

Finished this game last weekend on hardcore with my boy @Majorbuddah. We knocked it out in like 3 sittings. Game was bomb as was playing with Buddah. That actually made the game a lot better imo. Still haven't played the online, but I look forward to trying it out. My only complaint against the remaster is the occasional frame drops which is most likely from their old engine and the fact that the single player only runs @ 30fps.

Halo: Anniversary Edition
Xbox One
9/6/15

Another game that I beat co-op with @Majorbuddah. We beat it on heroic in two sittings. Me and buddah don't fuck around. We straight up beast on bitches. Had a blast with this game as well. It's the same old Halo we love and enjoy with a new coat of paint running in 1080p 60fps. We managed to collect all of the terminals as well which was awesome. If you're into the Halo story, which is surprisingly deep considering the extended universe, the terminals really add some depth and needed clarification. This game is probably my favorite remaster up there with The Last of Us on PS4 and Wind Waker HD on Wii U.

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
Well, I'll call it for Splatoon. I've completed the single player campaign (final boss fight is as great as advertised), unlocked all the weapons, I'm almost at Level 30, and I only have a few more clothing pieces to unlock.

I have no idea what the standard here would be for Hearthstone or Puzzle & Dragons, but those two games + Splatoon are all I've been playing recently. There's a few I've had on the backburner since the spring - maybe I'll wrap those up by years end.

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
Just beat Mirror's Edge. Idk what I am going to try to take down next. I would say I beat MGS5, but I only beat chapter 1 (that counts as a whole game, it has a beginning story, an ending, and it took me 50+ hours), but I won't. Once I beat Chapter 2, it should count. The next game I am going to take down is probably going to be Metroid Prime 2 or Jet Set Radio.

As of now I have beaten:
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Portal 2
Hyrule Warriors
Metal Gear Solid 1
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker
Super Metroid
Metroid Prime
Mirror's Edge
Hotline Miami
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes
Stanley Parable

Last edited:

Aki

Halo 2: Anniversary Edition
Xbox One
9/20/15

Beat this game with @Majorbuddah as well. Not much to say aside from the game is GOAT and they did a fantastic job with the remake. As usual, we beasted this game in a few sittings as well. Got all of the terminals as well.

Halo 3
Xbox One
9/27/15

Beasted this game with @Majorbuddah as well. Owned it up in one sitting on heroic. I'm sure everyone on planet earth has played H3 so I'm not even gonna bother posting my thoughts on it.

Metroid Fusion
GameBoy Advance
10/07/15

100%ed this game in about six and a half hours. I gotta say, game was phenomenal. The soundtrack and atmosphere were as good as ever despite being on GBA and the bosses were pretty tough. In typical Metroid fashion, the last two boss fights ramped up the difficulty somewhat. As great as this game was, Super Metroid is still the GOAT of the 2D series. I'll probably end up replaying this game sometime down the line, but until then, I gotta get me some Zero Mission going.

The Evil Within
Xbox One
10/07/15

Beat this game today. It was interesting to say the least. Pretty much found the game to be one big ass mindfuck. The story was pretty cool, I guess. After reading the Wiki, the story appeared to be deeper than it actually was. I played the game in spurts. I think it took me close to a year to actually beat it. Overall, it was a pretty satisfying experience and will probably replay it.

Last edited:

Aki

Halo 4
Xbox One
10/09/15

Finally finished 10 years of Halo in a month with @Majorbuddah. It was epic. So fucking cool. Anyway, I forgot how good Halo 4 looked. I can safely say that upressed at 1080p, it looks a lot better than some legit Xbox One games. Doesn't change the fact that I still didn't like the ending, but it was a dope experience nonetheless.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Hey @Aki , I have to ask, why don't most people enjoy Halo 4? I know you do but a lot of people seem to have a bad opinion of it. I myself never got around to playing it because all of my friends just went back to playing Halo Reach so I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on it

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
Hey @Aki , I have to ask, why don't most people enjoy Halo 4? I know you do but a lot of people seem to have a bad opinion of it. I myself never got around to playing it because all of my friends just went back to playing Halo Reach so I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on it

h4 is the most popular game on the playlists where it's available in MCC. so it's not exactly a hated halo game. lots of people didn't like it because it made a lot of first-time changes to halo like sprinting, weapon load outs and abilities that weren't picked up on the map. these are all pretty huge departures from classic halo. also, spartan ops wasn't great and bungie fanboys are a thing.

Aki

In my opinion, Halo 4 started the decline of the Halo series and really divided the fanbase. The campaign was good, albeit, a bit cheesy in how it handled Master Chief's relationship with Cortana. However, most of the issues extend to the multiplayer. It's easily the weakest entry multiplayer wise. It's pretty evident that back then 343i didn't know how to evolve the Halo series and as a result they did what everyone else did which is copy Call of Duty. By copying CoD, I mean that they added abilities, loadouts, killstreaks, shitty map design, put more of an emphasis on kills per minute leading to a more frantic pace like CoD instead of the slower paced gameplay of arena shooters. Obviously, that didn't appeal to Halo fans which is why this game had the fastest and most severe drop off rate than any other Halo. After the first month, the amount of people who stuck with the game dropped below 100k. Compare that to the previous weakest entry, Reach, which was still 800k strong. Halo 4 was also dropped from MLG in favor of CoD, something that's never happened before. I wouldn't be surprised if Reach still has more players to this day. I can't comment on Buddah's comment of it being the most popular playlist on MCC since the game doesn't display user numbers, however, I doubt that it is. Seeing that it's the 10th anniversary of H2 and that H2 was the remastered game this time around, it's probably that or the team slayer playlist that includes all of the games. I do know that whenever I did play the playlist that included all of the games, no one voted for the H4 maps. Fear not, 343i looks like they really learned from their mistakes and judging from the videos, Halo 5 is gonna be epic and the multiplayer is gonna be more competitive this time around and it should if it wants to get back into the MLG rotation.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
In my opinion, Halo 4 started the decline of the Halo series and really divided the fanbase. The campaign was good, albeit, a bit cheesy in how it handled Master Chief's relationship with Cortana. However, most of the issues extend to the multiplayer. It's easily the weakest entry multiplayer wise. It's pretty evident that back then 343i didn't know how to evolve the Halo series and as a result they did what everyone else did which is copy Call of Duty. By copying CoD, I mean that they added abilities, loadouts, killstreaks, shitty map design, put more of an emphasis on kills per minute leading to a more frantic pace like CoD instead of the slower paced gameplay of arena shooters. Obviously, that didn't appeal to Halo fans which is why this game had the fastest and most severe drop off rate than any other Halo. After the first month, the amount of people who stuck with the game dropped below 100k. Compare that to the previous weakest entry, Reach, which was still 800k strong. Halo 4 was also dropped from MLG in favor of CoD, something that's never happened before. I wouldn't be surprised if Reach still has more players to this day. I can't comment on Buddah's comment of it being the most popular playlist on MCC since the game doesn't display user numbers, however, I doubt that it is. Seeing that it's the 10th anniversary of H2 and that H2 was the remastered game this time around, it's probably that or the team slayer playlist that includes all of the games. I do know that whenever I did play the playlist that included all of the games, no one voted for the H4 maps. Fear not, 343i looks like they really learned from their mistakes and judging from the videos, Halo 5 is gonna be epic and the multiplayer is gonna be more competitive this time around and it should if it wants to get back into the MLG rotation.
h4 is the most popular game on the playlists where it's available in MCC. so it's not exactly a hated halo game. lots of people didn't like it because it made a lot of first-time changes to halo like sprinting, weapon load outs and abilities that weren't picked up on the map. these are all pretty huge departures from classic halo. also, spartan ops wasn't great and bungie fanboys are a thing.
Oh alright, thanks guys. I honestly didn't really know about the changes made with Halo 4 as I never got around to playing it. I mean, damn, I can definitely see why people were turned off from Halo 4 now, albeit changes in general tend to often be poorly received. Hopefully, my cousin will pick up Halo 5 and not immediately go back to Reach so I can get a chance to try it out :p

Odo

I almost finished Pokémon Crystal, but my cartridge save got damaged.

I stopped DKC2, I just don't like that game (and I'm rubbish at it too)

Child of Light is wonderful and stunning!

Finally I got a copy of Epic Mickey, but I hated the gameplay. The game is stunning though, the graphics are unbelivable for a 3rd party Wii game. I could feel how big and ambitious the game is, but I just couldn't enjoy it. Plus the camera sucks a lot.

I also had some fun with House of the Dead: Overkill

Now I'm playing

Child of Light
Pokemon Emerald

1. Pokemon Yellow
  2. SteamWorld Dig
  3. Xenoblade Chronicles
  4. Mario Kart 8 DLCs
  6. COD Modern Warfare
  7. DKC

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
So on Oct 31st, I finished Metro 2033 Redux.

I need (or rather want) to complete more games by the end of next month...

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
A bit of an odd game completion...

Prison Architect Story Mode|PC|11/6/15

heh.PNG

The story while trying to talk some about serious issues (prison and their purpose for instance) was pretty basic. Still for a tycoon game wasn't bad or anything and at least in my case it helped teach me the basics of the game, all one can really ask for.

Random other notes: Managed to get all of the bonus objectives completed.

Odo

Several new gaming experiences for me:

• I played Rayman Origins for Wii. That's a brilliant game! Great graphics and great gameplay.
  • I started playing Mini Ninjas. I thought it'd be a mediocre game, but it ended up being nice. It's some sort of hack and slash + a bit of stealth. Good story and beautiful graphics.
  • I keep playing Pokémon Emerald. 20 pokemon and counting.
  • But the game of the month is Yo-Kai Watch
I'm having so much fun with it. The game is far better than its demo and I'm addicted to it like a Japanese boy. What can I say? Monster collecting RPG + original battle system + tons of things to collect = I like it. Seriously, the game is more challenging and fun than it looks.

The game is much better than I though.

Now I'm playing

Yo-kai Watch
Pokémon Emerald
Mini Ninjas

1. Pokemon Yellow
  2. SteamWorld Dig
  3. Xenoblade Chronicles
  4. Mario Kart 8 DLCs
  6. COD Modern Warfare
  7. DKC
  8. Child of Light

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Finished The Walking Dead: Season 2 by Telltale Games

I liked it, the characters felt rather realistic and their struggles and relationships and whatnot were all well-developed. I may have to get the 1st and 3rd Season, when it's available :p

Odo

Well, my gaming experiences are very limited since XCX and YW came out.

I abandoned Rayman and Mini Ninjas, but both are spectacular. Rayman Origins is super fresh and fun.

Now I'm playing

Yo-kai Watch
Splatoon
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Since YW came out, I put 35 hours into it and I'm very far from letting it go. I've completed only 35% of the Yokai medallium.

I've been playing Splatton for 3 weeks and I've got 28h tracked! It's such an extraordinary game. That must be the best shooter of this generation.

So those are my finished games so far
  1. Pokemon Yellow
  2. SteamWorld Dig
  3. Xenoblade Chronicles
  4. Mario Kart 8 DLCs
  6. COD Modern Warfare
  7. DKC
  8. Child of Light

Odo

So those are my finished games in 2015
  1. Pokemon Yellow
  2. SteamWorld Dig
  3. Xenoblade Chronicles
  4. Mario Kart 8 DLCs
  6. COD Modern Warfare
  7. DKC
  8. Child of Light

I'm still playing

Yo-kai Watch
Splatoon
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Those are my most played games in 2015

Xenoblade Chronicles -- Wii -- 113:04:00 -- 5/5 stars
Xenoblade Chronicles X -- Wii U -- 60:54:00 -- 5/5 stars
Fire Emblem -- Wii U -- 55:02:00 -- 5/5 stars
Yo-kay Watch -- 3DS -- 45:53:00 -- 5/5 stars
Splatoon -- Wii U -- 28:00:00 -- 5/5 stars
Pokemon Crystal -- GBA -- 25:00:00 -- 5/5 Stars
Pokemon Emerald -- DS -- 20:00:00 -- 5/5 stars

Aki

don't worry, i haven't forgotten, reward is still incoming. just been very busy in my personal life. i apologize to the winner for the inconvenience.