The Official Super Mario Maker Thread âš  Share your levels!

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
SMB: Captain Toad's Adventure
3F78-0000-00A1-8E04

Join Captain Toad on a treasure hunt!

There are very few places in this level where you can jump, so it's best to play it with the same limitations as Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - no jumping. Earn lots of coins and a few 1ups along the way.

Last edited:

sjmartin79

New level:
SMB: Mario and the Mirror Pipes
89CC-0000-00A5-904B

Mario is out for a stroll in the Mushroom Kingdom, but his path is blocked. When he takes a pipe, the only available path, his entire world gets turned upside down... literally. Can he traverse the mirror pipes to make it to the castle?

Heavily stylized and themed platforming level. Had to use the SMB aesthetic to achieve the required look. Not hard, but not easy either.
Thank you in advance for trying it!

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
Speaking of how completion rates are low, I made this list a while back to show what the percentages mean:
50.00% - 1 death per win
33.33% - 2 deaths per win
25.00% - 3 deaths per win
20.00% - 4 deaths per win
16.66% - 5 deaths per win
14.28% - 6 deaths per win
12.50% - 7 deaths per win
11.11% - 8 deaths per win
10.00% - 9 deaths per win
9.09% - 10 deaths per win
8.33% - 11 deaths per win
7.69% - 12 deaths per win
7.14% - 13 deaths per win
6.66% - 14 deaths per win
6.25% - 15 deaths per win
5.88% - 16 deaths per win
5.55% - 17 deaths per win
5.26% - 18 deaths per win
5.00% - 19 deaths per win
4.76% - 20 deaths per win
4.54% - 21 deaths per win
4.34% - 22 deaths per win
4.16% - 23 deaths per win
4.00% - 24 deaths per win
3.84% - 25 deaths per win

All things considered (such as some people die multiple times and never finish it) I would say anything above 10% is within what I would consider an easy level, 5%-9% a medium level, 3%-4.76% a hard level, and anything below 3% a very hard level.

Anyway, after awhile of having a mental block on creating levels, I made these two over the past week or so:
"Mario Demands a Sacrifice" - 7D51-0000-0092-FF8B - A "suicide Yoshi" level that I intended to be of about medium difficulty. Unfortunately for me 85% of those who have played it can't seem to get past the learning jump.
"The Return of Flappy Squid!" - D7BA-0000-00A6-C09B - The sequel to my most first and most played level, Flappy Squid. This is probably my favorite level I've created so far, it was great to use many of the lessons I learned in SMM level creation since my original and see how it affected the end product. If you didn't care for the first due to it's insane difficulty, I'm happy to report I made this one more balanced (it's still tough enough to present a good challenge though).

sjmartin79

I was on vacation for most of last week, then starting Sunday, I got sick, so I've been down and out (able to follow the forums and post small random things), but I hadn't gotten to play any new levels or work on any levels. But last night, my fever broke, and I created this level.

It's an homage to the sand digging sections of Super Mario Bros. 2. Tried to recreate the intensity and urgency. Hope you enjoy!

Edit: Level has been deleted and edited and reuploaded. Please see below.

(And this evening, I'm hoping to check out the new levels you guys have done)

Last edited:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I was on vacation for most of last week, then starting Sunday, I got sick, so I've been down and out (able to follow the forums and post small random things), but I hadn't gotten to play any new levels or work on any levels. But last night, my fever broke, and I created this level.

It's an homage to the sand digging sections of Super Mario Bros. 2. Tried to recreate the intensity and urgency. Hope you enjoy!

SMW: Mario and the Donut Dilemma
D92E-0000-00B8-9327

(And this evening, I'm hoping to check out the new levels you guys have done)
SMB2 is my favorite when I get free time I'm on this Sjm. LOVED sand digging :mthumb:

sjmartin79

Here is my newest level:

SMB: Choose Your Zelda Adventure
728C-0000-00C5-E746

Choose your Zelda Adventure by picking from four fast and fun Legend of Zelda amiibo levels. Choose Ganon to test his Power and Strength. Link to test his Courage against an army of enemies. Sheik to test her Skills. Or Zelda to test her Wisdom. Each mini-course is different from the others, so you can play it 4 times with a different experience each time.

I wanted to create some fun, short Legend of Zelda amiibo courses, so I decided to put them all in one level. At the beginning, just pick who you want to play as: Gannon, Link, Sheik, or Zelda, then play their short level styled just for them. Gannon against fire and power, Link being courageous against a lot of enemies, Sheik showing off her jumping skills, and Zelda using her wisdom to get past a few puzzles. You only have to play one section to beat the level, but to get the full experience, replay-ability is there and you can play it 4 times with a different experience each time! Enjoy!

sjmartin79

Newest Level:

NSMB: Mario & the End of Days
5590-0000-00C8-72D0

It's the end of the world! The dead are walking. Fire is raining down from the sky. Time is running out, and all Mario wants to do is get home and see his brother and the princess before it all comes to an end.

Special thanks to @simplyTravis for being the first person to play my newest level (without me even promoting it!)

sjmartin79

So, I went back and edited some older levels that I had created. One I had never uploaded. And a second that I had up but then deleted.

SMB: Hulk-Mario Smash
(7444-0000-00CA-A11F)

Mario took a bad mushroom. Now he's "Hulked" out, seeing strange and impossible things, and destroying anything in his path. He just needs to get home and sleep it off.

SMB: Don't Touch Anything, Link
(4752-0000-00CA-07A5)

Link is off on a wild, dangerous, and automatic ride through a castle. Can he make it to the end? He can... If you don't touch anything!

sjmartin79

So, I went back again and edited some older levels that I had created. Here are the new codes:

SMW: SMB2 Sand Homage Remix
6E02-0000-00D2-2E68

A remixed homage to the sand-digging levels of Super Mario Bros. 2! A level where patience and skill meet urgency.

NSMB: Mario & the Perilous Pipes (v2)
B629-0000-00D2-2ED2

Pipes, pipes, everywhere pipes! A whole world of pipes and enemies popping out and flying around. Jump carefully and watch your step! (Version 2)

sjmartin79

Checkpoints are now live!

And now with the checkpoints, I went back to my 999 level and added a checkpoint at the halfway mark. Should make it more enjoyable for more players, but it can still be easily beaten in 1 run without dying. (Current record is 183 still left on the clock)

NSMB: 9Rooms, 9Doors, 9Lives v2
(FD83-0000-00D6-A53E)

Bowser has trapped Mario in a underground lair to test his skill in 9 different rooms of terror. Can Mario make it through the 9 Doors, through the 9 Rooms, and find the 9 Lives? (Now with a checkpoint!)

Last edited:

sjmartin79

The "Invisible Block" glitch has been patched with the newest update, so it's being said that any levels that relied on those are now "broken". I don't know if that means it is just empty air now, or if the clouds show up now. Not sure.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
The "Invisible Block" glitch has been patched with the newest update, so it's being said that any levels that relied on those are now "broken". I don't know if that means it is just empty air now, or if the clouds show up now. Not sure.
Not gonna lie. @ASuch had an invisible block level that inspired me to play everyone's level in this thread. I very very much enjoyed it.

sjmartin79

Went back and edited my Rosalina course. Found out it could be exploited to skip sections by taking damage and using the invulnerability frames. (Which I've never understood with Mario Maker players. Why see where you can take damage to skip design elements of a level, especially when the level isn't hard. I feel like they're putting more effort into cheating the experience than they are completing the level as it was designed. End rant.)

SMB: Rosalina's Starry Night
(45B3-0000-00D9-A34F)

Join Rosalina on a journey through the cosmos! Jump carefully and make your way to the Frozen Fortress at the end of the Universe! (Checkpoint included)

sjmartin79

I went through some of my older levels, looking at completion rates. Seeing if the low percents were due to difficulty, length, frustration, or a combination of those factors. So I took five of them, edited a bit, added checkpoints, and uploaded them again. I kept the originals for people that want more of a challenge, because they are obviously beatable, but I thought I would experiment.

sjmartin79

Here are the 5 levels I redid and added checkpoints:

SMB: Mario Kart Jump Drive v2
(2C88-0000-00DF-B4D2)

SMB:Takeover at Koopa Kompany v2
(A89C-0000-00DF-BB8E)

NSMB:Donkey Kong Homage Remix v2
(483F-0000-00DF-C7D6)

NSMB: Mario & the End of Days v2
(5703-0000-00DF-CE98)

SMW: SMB2 Sand Homage Remix v2
(158D-0000-00DF-D1C9)

Edit: I would like to petition to have the thread changed to SJM's Official Super Mario Maker Thread :mlaugh:

Last edited:
Here are my levels:

Find the Correct Door:
AB81-0000-00D8-7F94

SMB. 1 Level 1-1 Remix:
B14E-0000-00D8-8503

Ground Level 1:
7E4F-0000-00D8-8238

Ground Level 2:
DFEA-0000-00D8-860B

Ground Level 3:
ACA3-0000-00D8-869E

Castle Level 1:
D81D-0000-00D8-8730

Ghost House Level 1:
08AE-0000-00D8-8804

Airship Level 1:
FB46-0000-00D8-889B

Good Luck!!

sjmartin79

Because we couldn't have a few days go by without more levels from me, here you go:
(I know you all were on pins and needles wondering if I'd design more. Worry not, I wouldn't leave you hanging like that.)

SMB:Luigi's Twisting Ghost House
F54E-0000-00E9-64F3)

Oh no! Luigi's found himself in another Ghost House, but his way up is impossible. When he goes through a pipe, his whole world is turned on its side... Literally! Make your way through this twisting Ghost House. Don't lose site of which way is up... or down! (Checkpoint included)

SMB: Donkey Kong's Jungle Ruins
(FDEC-0000-00E9-625D)

On one of Donkey Kong's journeys, he's come across the ruins of an ancient civilization. Make your way by vine and land safely through these enemy-filled ruins! (Checkpoint included)

SMB: Yoshi's Molehill Mountains
(8D4F-0000-00E9-6009)

Yoshi just wants to get home to Yoshi's Island but someone has made mountains out of molehills. Traverse the up and down terrain and make it safely home! (Checkpoint included)

Hello fellow Mario makers i want to present my level for you all

BERGSALA Airbase

The level is a competition entry in a danish level maker competition, where the 5 most starred levels get voted by a jury.

In the level you must infiltrate an airbase. Theres both a flying section and a section on foot and it all ends with a boss battle.
The flying section has multiple routes you can take and some are harder than others. There is also some secret rooms with rewards when you are on foot.

If you like the level please give it a star to give me a better chance in the competition. :)

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/5C68-0000-01B6-79C8

sjmartin79

I haven't played Super Mario Maker in months, but I went on to the Super Mario Maker Bookmark site just to check it out, and it looks like people have continued to play even after most of us quit.
I don't remember how many stars I had the last time I logged on, but today I had 1446. Pretty proud of myself. Then I went to the leaderboard, and I saw someone had 1.2 million stars.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
I've been watching a Mario Maker YTer recently during meal times, and so I got inspired to give this game some more of my time.

7FEE 0000 039F 51C5

I had to cut down on a lot of the difficulty (although I wouldn't call it a cakewalk) since I had trouble getting through in one shot. (also there was one jump that I only managed to make once out of thirty tries, so I just removed the enemy that caused the bounce and made that a hell of a lot easier).

BobSilencieux

Ryukahr. He seems fairly skilled, doesn't get loud or curse too much, and seems like a fairly decent personality.
Yes, Ryukahr is decent. I never bought Mario Maker but I do watch a lot of MM streamers / YTers. Carl Sagan 42 is probably my favourite, Grand Poo Bear and Barbarian have got the skills (And Poo has a great rapport with his twitch chat), Dragon Feeney is slightly less skilled but has a nice, relaxed manner and is the only one who is child-friendly.