~~The Official Xenoblade Chronicles X Thread~~

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear

*Thanks for this photo, LSB from the other thread. It owns!*

Yeah, ummm so is this thing on? Yeah, we are here to talk about all things XCX.

Oh, and who plans on getting the Special Edition? Anyone? Anyone?

Anyway, carry on wayward, Son...

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
XCX is gonna be an awesome way to cap off the year for me. tons of great stuff coming out very soon in halo5, tomb raider, fallout 4, battlefront, ass creed, just cause 3... this is set to be the best holiday for gaming in recent memory. games i would usually buy like need for speed and black ops are getting snubbed just cause it's so crowded this year. xeno should be the perfect game to grab a bong and sail into january with.

as for the special edition... that usb stick is cool i guess.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Staff member
Even though I wasn't big on XBC, yeah, I'm a mark. So I'll buy this.

[Also, how did this thread get so official?]
as for the special edition... that usb stick is cool i guess.
The soundtrack is the only thing I want out of the special edition. But I'm not forking out the extra cash for stuff I will mostly never look at.

CitizenOfVerona

Spectacular
Staff member

The soundtrack is the only thing I want out of the special edition. But I'm not forking out the extra cash for stuff I will mostly never look at.
Doesn't the usb stick only have 10 songs?

Koenig

The Architect
Against my better judgement I put down the extra $30 for Special Edition. At current this means that Xenoblade is the only game I will likely be buying for the rest of the year.

FriedShoes

MLG
Staff member
Doesn't the usb stick only have 10 songs?
Yeah, only reason I forked over the extra cash was for the artbook and dumb little card. USB stick is a paltry plus.

some extra vids (some minor spoilers in that first vieo)
Guys, did you know that the Earth has been destroyed?!?

CitizenOfVerona

Spectacular
Staff member
I go through phases of being excited and being "meh" on it. That last trailer/gameplayer/thing didn't do much for me.

I'll probably watch my friend play it for a bit and decide on it that way.

Shoulder

It's so official because I said so. That's why!

Koenig

The Architect
I am forcing myself not to build up hype or expectations for the game. I am critical enough of games I have no interest in to begin with, let alone the ones that fail to meet my unrealistic expectations. Here's hoping that Xenoblade X can live up to its predecessor!

simplyTravis

"A nice guy, but looks like a f'n Jedi!"
I'm so excited this was made official! I was about to do it but things got crazy and then I felt bad for trying to take it as I took Splatoon last time and stuff and yeah. BUT ANYWAYS!

I'm super excited about this game. I am highly considering taking the day off on December 4th just to play this game and I've never done that before. I know I'm building up too much hype but there is so much goodness about what I want in a game that I know is there. I have been good about keeping things spoiler-free when researching the game (except for one thing some jackarse said in a IGN thread that was deleted but in the end kinda minor) that I don't feel like I'm going to lose that sense of exploration.

My only concern is the release date is so close to Fallout 4. I really think I'll put more time into XCX and I'll forget Fallout 4 for a while which sort of makes me sad.

I am getting that Special Edition mostly for the art book and nifty USB. To me a 100 page art book is very worth the extra 30 and everything else is sort of icing on top.

I'll have to post more later because I feel like I could go on about all the things that I'm hyped about related to this game for a while. We still have 2 months left pretty much, sigh...

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Staff member
These Holidays I'll be up to my neck in games. I'll be playing Just Cause 3, maybe Fallout 4, maybe the new Battlefront, and obviously XCX. Matt and Menashe might have to report me missing cause I don't know how I'll pull myself away from these games.

simplyTravis

These Holidays I'll be up to my neck in games. I'll be playing Just Cause 3, maybe Fallout 4, maybe the new Battlefront, and obviously XCX. Matt and Menashe might have to report me missing cause I don't know how I'll pull myself away from these games.
Y'know, there is a whole boat-load of awesome this Christmas season but I'm just not seeing the excitement. Normally I hear kids talking about video games but it seems like they just aren't into it right now, and that kinda scares me. I'm wondering if that big collapse is coming soon...

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Staff member
I am highly considering taking the day off on December 4th just to play this game and I've never done that before.
I try to do it at least once a year (granted, sometimes a gaming holiday happens because I've stayed up all night playing a game - lookin' at you, Muramasa - and I just say eff it and keep going). It's worth it. And for some games, an early marathon makes them even more memorable.

Do it, Trav.

FriedShoes

MLG
Staff member
How many people here have pre-ordered?

I want to pre-order on eShop, but Nintendo doesn't let me...
As soon as I could. Got the collectors edition. Paltry soundtrack offering aside (I think the USB looks cute), the artbook, card and alternative cover are all I really need. The whole package looks really cool.

Only thing I'm slightly bummed on is that i wont be getting Best Buys Pizza Cash. How will I get my pizza now?

CitizenOfVerona

Spectacular
Staff member
So I just learned about the Unions and such, how the side quests are broken up into categories based on what you pick. I think this fixes my worries about the side quests being boring shitty "collect y amount of x" for random asshole #238.

For me, context makes all the difference. If it's a job or part of the game's overarching story for me to go out and map out the world or research certain things, that will make me enjoy it more rather than just for nameless npc's.

I think I'm back on the XCX train now. Still, I hope they improve on Xenoblade a lot.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Staff member
So I just learned about the Unions and such, how the side quests are broken up into categories based on what you pick. I think this fixes my worries about the side quests being boring shitty "collect y amount of x" for random asshole #238.

For me, context makes all the difference. If it's a job or part of the game's overarching story for me to go out and map out the world or research certain things, that will make me enjoy it more rather than just for nameless npc's.

I think I'm back on the XCX train now. Still, I hope they improve on Xenoblade a lot.
What I heard was that the main quest this time was pretty weak because the side quests are a lot better and apparently unlock the real ending. Just some random hearsay, I hope it's true. Either way I'll be glad just to get lost in that world.

Odo

What I heard was that the main quest this time was pretty weak because the side quests are a lot better and apparently unlock the real ending. Just some random hearsay, I hope it's true. Either way I'll be glad just to get lost in that world.
Me too. I don't expect its main story to be greater than XC's,

XC's too perfect!

CitizenOfVerona

Spectacular
Staff member
So does the real ending need a certain precentage of side quests or a 100% run that'll most likely take hundreds of hours?

Honestly, if it's the later....you may have just killed my excitement again.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Staff member
So does the real ending need a certain precentage of side quests or a 100% run that'll most likely take hundreds of hours?

It means that haters can't experience the true story of the game :^)

CitizenOfVerona

Spectacular
Staff member
I know you're joking, but still, I doubt I'll want to play this for hundreds of hours. I hear Xenoblade got repetitive as fuck if you 100% it and I doubt that'll change much with X

Odo

I don't think so. It'd be too unusual.

Anyway, I don't 100% games either. I 100%'d 3 or 4 games in my life.

CitizenOfVerona

Spectacular
Staff member
I don't think so. It'd be too unusual.

Anyway, I don't 100% games either. I 100%'d 3 or 4 games in my life.
After googling a lot, I can't find anything about a true ending. There are 4 types of quests: story, kizuna, simple and normal.

Simple is from boards and normal are from random people. If anything, I would assume the only non-story missions that would affect anything (if at all) are the kizuna quests since they require certain party members and have character development and all that.

Koenig

The Architect
Me too. I don't expect its main story to be greater than XC's,

XC's too perfect!
On this I have to disagree completely. The last 1/4th of the game went to shit, granted I am known to loathe and despise abstract endings when they come at the end of an otherwise straightforward story. That said I am looking forward to XCX's story, though I am fearful that "race" will be shoehorned later in the story with a heavy hand.

With that out of the way...the wait is unbearable.

Shoulder

review copies are out, expect lots of localized footage to pop around.
And my media blackout shields are up. At this point, I refuse to watch any footage of the game anymore, with the exception of footage I've already seen from E3. That being said, I have hardly seen any of the footage from this year's E3, and I'll keep it that way.

If what some people say is true, about XCX being XC but kicked up a few notches, that is perfectly fine with me. I hear the battle system is improved, the landscapes are more vast, you can switch between american and british accents for the characters (british for me btw), there is more variety in side-quests, and there is still a main storyline going on. If it's more of the same, I don't have an issue with that. I mean, people give COD high scores everytime, and it's the same damn game with different stories and timelines.

simplyTravis

I see about 4 videos online that I want to watch but am refusing to watch. I already had one things ruined for me (although it just made me excited that they would go that far with enemy design.) Ughhhh, GameXplain why you do this?

The good news is that it sounds like the online preview chatter is very positive. The bits and pieces I've been reading over the amount of customization of your character fighting style is intense. It will be fun to see how our TNE online teams pan out. I'm probably going to go for a high ether usage melee character (mage-like) with some light healing if its possible. I wonder what everyone else will do?

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Staff member
I borderline enjoyed all the pawn chatter in Dragon's Dogma, so I doubt this game's battle chatter could break me.

Koenig

The Architect
@mattavelle1 I know that somewhere, buried deep within the original general chat you made a post saying you would get Xenoblade Chronicles X.

It must be your lucky day though, because fate has conspired to hide that post from me despite my hours of searching.

mattavelle1

ARMS is like breathing.......but more important
Staff member
@mattavelle1 I know that somewhere, buried deep within the original general chat you made a post saying you would get Xenoblade Chronicles X.

It must be your lucky day though, because fate has conspired to hide that post from me despite my hours of searching.
I do remember saying something to this nature. Now I don't remember if I said I would buy it, or if I said I would give it a shot. But you are for sure right in something was said.

NOW as we have gotten closer and closer it's still a game I have 0 interest in. Y'all enjoy I can't wait to read about y'all playing together. (Or however the online works)

But yeah it's just not gonna happen.

Odo

And my media blackout shields are up. At this point, I refuse to watch any footage of the game anymore, with the exception of footage I've already seen from E3. That being said, I have hardly seen any of the footage from this year's E3, and I'll keep it that way.

If what some people say is true, about XCX being XC but kicked up a few notches, that is perfectly fine with me. I hear the battle system is improved, the landscapes are more vast, you can switch between american and british accents for the characters (british for me btw), there is more variety in side-quests, and there is still a main storyline going on. If it's more of the same, I don't have an issue with that. I mean, people give COD high scores everytime, and it's the same damn game with different stories and timelines.
I did the opposite. I had turned off media and now I read and watch everything that shows up.

So it's making me seriously anxious and sick! My hands shake. I can't wait it any more.

Gimme this game, please.

Last edited: