~~The Official Xenoblade Chronicles X Thread~~

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Maybe I played XCX wrong, but I never did change my weapon. I found a weapon type/fighting style I liked, leveled up my characters and their arts, and I bought them the best weapons and armor for their levels. Once I mastered the battle system for the style I liked and the weapon I preferred, I just powered my way through using that weapon, the arts, and my Skell. (I don't think I ever checked my foe for weaknesses.) I had a blast, and it's one of my favorite games for the system.

Personally, I preferred this battle system over XC. (True, I only played XC on new 3DS) I felt like this game was more accessible than XC. I know I definitely liked it better.
Probably in the minority on that.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
To be fair this game's got a lot of weird/poor design choices when it comes to leveling up. Who the hell is going to be buying Gravity-resistant gear at level 15 other than for the fashion aspect? That kind of thing is only useful in the endgame. The game could have gotten away with having level-less gear that you can equip whenever and has the same stats, and you only change your actual resistances and so on through Gems and upgrades. Same for weapons, they could have been level-less and their damage increase based on gems you acquired.

I mean, as a whole, there is no real reason for your character to have levels in this whole game. Gems, upgrades, and the crafting system can take care of all the progression dynamics: you equip better gems as you progress through the game, and progressively better gems need to be crafted with progressively tougher enemies. The skell level requirements could have been tied to Blade level instead of character level. And actually Skells could have also not had level requirements at all, with parts being mod-able with gems.

Really there are just a lot of redundant systems in this game, for little reason.

I really feel like if you're just running throught the story missions, you're doing it wrong. You need to savour this game; do all the affinity missions you can. The benefits will be two-fold: 1, you learn good new arts for every affinity mission completed, and 2, you naturally level up in the process, making the story missions inherently easier when you come to do them...
I play my games like I eat my food; I eat all the the bad stuff first to get to the good stuff.
Now, I'm not saying skip all the affinity missions, you still have some here and there that you are forced to go through and whatever, you have the requirements for others go do them. For those that have long pre-requisites or arent really character specific, I would save those. Rarely do they enhance the mediocre main story missions and a good chunk of them are more difficult and satisfying in every other way.
I dont find it fun at all to grind affinity with side characters you've never played with to eke out some goodness and then heading back to the trudge of the main story.

Odo

And see, I'm not used to that type of setup. My realm of JRPGs in the past are, you level up, you simply get better armor and weapons, and that's that. With XCX, and to some extent with XC, that's not really the case here.

You could say I've already been exposed to this particular type of grinding due to my time with MH3U and more recently 4U, but XCX takes this up a notch, especially when you add in Skells to the mix. I understand that in theory, you don't ever seem to run out of battle points, items to find, enemies to fight, and equipment to find, so it ultimately comes down to spending the hundreds of hours necessary to get everything out of it.

In some respects, unlike XC, I feel the learning curve, and ultimate dedication needed can be a big turn off for a lot of gamers. With XC, I never had that. From the first battle all the way to the last, I was completely hooked and could not put it down. With XCX however, this is not the case. Interestingly enough, that could be because XCX takes cues from a lot of different western style RPGs, and it could be because of this level of customization and grinding that I'm finding it off-putting at times. Like I said though, I don't hate the game, and I don't plan on giving up on it. I really do like the game, but as of now, XCX is nowhere near the level that XC was imo. That could change as I spend more time with it though. As I also said, I'm starting to have a better grasp of the battle system, so there's a good start.
This game has a system that is not your favourite thing, but I'm sure in the end you'll able to cope with all game's challenges.

XCX is a complex RPG and it's on its own. It's not a XC sequel. It's just a game using the Xenoblade trademark.

Nintendo was wrong when they promoted this game like it was a big sort of Zelda/Metroid. This game is a huge deep complex RPG with tons of character build setups that you can use in your favour.

Or you just can do whatever you want until you get strong enough to do the challenging missions. It works too.

Odo

Maybe I played XCX wrong, but I never did change my weapon. I found a weapon type/fighting style I liked, leveled up my characters and their arts, and I bought them the best weapons and armor for their levels. Once I mastered the battle system for the style I liked and the weapon I preferred, I just powered my way through using that weapon, the arts, and my Skell. (I don't think I ever checked my foe for weaknesses.) I had a blast, and it's one of my favorite games for the system.

Personally, I preferred this battle system over XC. (True, I only played XC on new 3DS) I felt like this game was more accessible than XC. I know I definitely liked it better.
Probably in the minority on that.
You didn't play it wrong. The beaty of this game is that you can play it whatever way you want.

You can do it, stick to a weapon and class and go on. It's just a harder way, but you can do it.

To be fair this game's got a lot of weird/poor design choices when it comes to leveling up. Who the hell is going to be buying Gravity-resistant gear at level 15 other than for the fashion aspect? That kind of thing is only useful in the endgame. The game could have gotten away with having level-less gear that you can equip whenever and has the same stats, and you only change your actual resistances and so on through Gems and upgrades. Same for weapons, they could have been level-less and their damage increase based on gems you acquired.

I mean, as a whole, there is no real reason for your character to have levels in this whole game. Gems, upgrades, and the crafting system can take care of all the progression dynamics: you equip better gems as you progress through the game, and progressively better gems need to be crafted with progressively tougher enemies. The skell level requirements could have been tied to Blade level instead of character level. And actually Skells could have also not had level requirements at all, with parts being mod-able with gems.

Really there are just a lot of redundant systems in this game, for little reason.
In my opinion, they aren't redundant. You just have lots of mechanics that let you build your party as you like.

I can play this game in a way 100% than you and complete the missions easier or harder than you did depending on the mechanics I chose to make my party stronger.

This game is a true levelling-up platform.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I play my games like I eat my food; I eat all the the bad stuff first to get to the good stuff.
Now, I'm not saying skip all the affinity missions, you still have some here and there that you are forced to go through and whatever, you have the requirements for others go do them. For those that have long pre-requisites or arent really character specific, I would save those. Rarely do they enhance the mediocre main story missions and a good chunk of them are more difficult and satisfying in every other way.
I dont find it fun at all to grind affinity with side characters you've never played with to eke out some goodness and then heading back to the trudge of the main story.
Sorry to interrupt XCX thread.

BUT FRIED YOU EAT LIKE THAT ALSO!?! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!! BROTHER:mhug:

Sorry to interrupt XCX thread.

BUT FRIED YOU EAT LIKE THAT ALSO!?! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!! BROTHER:mhug:
Only when necessary, more often than not its all good but sometimes there's just a pile of veggies or some other oddity that needs to be gotten rid of before I can dig into the juicy steak.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
When I played XC on Wii, the side missions were some of my favorite bits because it gave a backstory for the characters, and for me anyway, made me empathize the characters more. Sure, some characters were better than others, but it was great to see that these NPCs (on top of the party members) had their own stories and lives. It made the whole world more alive and complete in my opinion, which is something I'm missing right now with XCX because I'm not diving into the meat of the game, which is all the side stuff I think, since the main storyline has more of a backseat this time, in favor of the vast world and all it has to offer.

Ultimately, it's just how we differ in our method of playing games, which I find fascinating really.

Shoulder

I'm bumping this thread since I've been retackling XCX these past few days. Even though I was at Chapter 9, I restarted the game from scratch on a clean slate, and I feel a lot better because of it. I look at those previous 30-40 some hours or whatever it as as a training regiment for my current playthrough.

I'm taking my sweet time with everything, exploring lots of stuff on foot, and tackling some missions here and there. I only finished Chapter 4, but am also exploring the different ways of the Battle system, something I ultimately thought I had a grasp of, but didn't. I re-read through this entire thread, and I literally knew nothing, and was blinded by the thought of getting Skells and flying with it rather than simply exploring the game as if I were going for a walk.

I also bumped this so I could easily read through some of your guys' tips and other advise. Some stuff became a lot clearer after reading through this thread.

Shoulder

After a few tries, and some upgrades to my Arts for all party members, I managed to defeat that Tainted Sphinx in Chapter 5, which caused a bit of grief at first. One of the things I'm discovering more and more is the use of the different appendages on the Indigens, which appear to affect them in different ways (something I didn't really do on my first attempt at the game)

Originally, I thought about trying to break off the Sphinx's tail, but that failed, and then tried his front feet, and again, failed. I had better luck with his face area, but then tried to go for other areas, and then died again. I refused to lower the difficulty because I came close twice in defeating it.

On my final try, I went right to the face (both areas?), and just unloaded on him, getting all Soul Voices, and Challenges, and didn't let up at all. He went down pretty easy then.

I can't quite confirm, but it would appear that by hitting certain areas of the Indigen's body, you can also affect its ability to fight with certain attacks. This one attack the Sphinx loved to do was this pounce-like attack that knocked you back, plus it was three consecutive hits, and usually my own party members would go down quickly. This last fight, he never used it, and I killed him easily. Prior to the fight, I also fought the two Tainted Grex's, so he could not call for support, so that helped as well.

Next up, going for my Skell license, and then will further level up, and tackle some other missions here and there. I'm just over 31 hours in at this point, so much plenty to do yet. :mthumb:

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
Unless you are overly dependent on overdrive, the Skell is a game changer. I loved the game infinitely more once I got my hands on them.
It was flying skells that really made the difference, but I hated managing them, and I loathed the flying skell song

Unrelated, but the home base theme in Disgaea 5 might be what keeps me from playing that game, I know the repetitive piano music in I am Setsuna killed whatever remaining interest I had in the game

Koenig

The Architect
It was flying skells that really made the difference, but I hated managing them, and I loathed the flying skell song

Unrelated, but the home base theme in Disgaea 5 might be what keeps me from playing that game, I know the repetitive piano music in I am Setsuna killed whatever remaining interest I had in the game
I liked the skell flying music though...the first few times I heard it anyways...

After that...not so much...

Shoulder

Unless you are overly dependent on overdrive, the Skell is a game changer. I loved the game infinitely more once I got my hands on them.
I do use overdrive, but really as a brute force tactic, and most of the time it’s only myself doing it because my other party members use their TP points like wildfire.

If I feel I’ll have a lot of chances to do big damage (stagger, topple, and hit hard), I’ll use it. I’m still early in using it though, and I recall @BobSilencieux was able to use overdrive practically indefinitely, so I’m interested in learning that for some tyrants in the future.

Shoulder

there are infinite combos/exploits for overdrive for most the weapons in the game. Had to use them for that one tyrant hiding in the giant web sack.
I'm starting to become a little bit more familiar with Overdrive, on top of being more complacent with using a Skell (I actually bought weapons so I had more arts to choose from. Imagine that?), the latter of which has made life a bit easier for some of the higher lvl Indigens I fight from time to time. I'm currently at lvl 31 with Chapter 7 going to be what I'll tackle next.

Lately, I've been dabbling with some random missions, as well as simply exploring new areas in Primordia, Noctilum, and Oblivia, while just starting to explore Sylvalum (lots of high lvl Indigens in the area I forgot about).

As far as character traits, thus far I have not touched Soul Voices in terms of changing anything, and only have been lvling my arts on occasion, while also experimenting with different classes. I just maxxed out Duelist (love that class), and now lvling up Winged Viper. So far, haven't had many issues with defeating enemies on a general basis.

Shoulder

So I encountered a really strange glitch that forced me to restart the game, and lose about an hour or so of progress. I was checking through the affinity chart, and upon trying to access a character profile, suddenly all controller inputs stopped functioning. The game was still running just fine, but no button inputs except the touch screen working, but that didn't do anything.

I did some quick searching, and turns out this has happened to quite a few people. Anyone here have this happen?

theMightyME

So I encountered a really strange glitch that forced me to restart the game, and lose about an hour or so of progress. I was checking through the affinity chart, and upon trying to access a character profile, suddenly all controller inputs stopped functioning. The game was still running just fine, but no button inputs except the touch screen working, but that didn't do anything.

I did some quick searching, and turns out this has happened to quite a few people. Anyone here have this happen?
I have had the game inputs stop working, but not in that situation, I lost about an hour of progress

Karkashan

Married to Chrom

I remember something similar would happen in TMS#FE. Annoying af.

praisegrima

Shoulder

Made it to Chapter 9 last night, but could not finish. Those Wrothians are proving to be quite worthy adversaries in the 2nd round with their own Skells, and as such could not defeat them. Luckily, the game doesn't revert you back to the beginning of the 1st fight, so that gives me time to have a rethink.

What I am considering is buying a Skell for one of my party members, level up a little bit (Currently at lvl 34), and try again. And I was already tackling them on the easy mode, and still could not defeat them in the 2nd round. When that swarm of support skells show up, that is what does it since it takes a bit to kill them to boot, plus trying to defeat the main Skell. My ground party members can barely survive more than a minute or so (Elma held up pretty well until around the tail end of the fight), and then I was in trouble.

Koenig

The Architect
Have you tinkered much with the probe network? Those can be very useful for grinding resources and gold if you ever need them for anything.

Shoulder

Have you tinkered much with the probe network? Those can be very useful for grinding resources and gold if you ever need them for anything.
I have actually. I am maxed out on how much miranium I can carry so far (need more storage/duplicator probes), but have not maxed out my revenue just yet. I am aware of the different classes for revenue, production, and combat, so I've mostly tailored everything based on that (minus the Combat since I have yet to acquire a combat probe).

But research probes are a lot more scarce compared to the mining ones as I have plenty of those, but there's no point in using more of those unless you have the storage to hold it all.

Shoulder

After deciding to buy two skells for both Elma, and Lin, those Wroths were a piece of cake. Finished Chapter 9, and that included also tackling the mission for the Flight pack! Getting that upgraded coil from that indigent in Sylvalum was tricky with just myself doing it as my Skell took a shit trying to fight off two of those things. Went back to NLA, swapped to a Heavy Skell that I had assigned to Lin, and took down both of those Indigens with ease. I had the other part needed for the flight pack already, so quite easy mission overall.

Have to say, just immediately flying around Primordial was a sensation. You feel almost invincible as everything is now achievable and reachable. Flew all over Primordia, got some treasures along the way, and spotted some interesting Indigens I know I'll be fighting at some point. At this point of the game, I'll take it a little more easy, tackle some side quests, and a couple affinity missions as well, lvl up plenty on all party members, and hopefully find some nice goodies along the way to upgrade stuff.

Game is getting better and better each time I play it. :mgrin:

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Have to say, just immediately flying around Primordial was a sensation. You feel almost invincible as everything is now achievable and reachable.
That was one of my favorite moments in gaming in a long time for sure. First thing I did was fly all the way past Primordia and Noctilus to the top of the waterfall. That waterfall had made me curious since early in the game because of the massive plant-like growths clinging down its side, so I was sure something cool must be up there. Yep. I got my skell destroyed immediately and I made a point of walking on foot all the way back to NLA just to appreciate the sense of scale.

Koenig

The Architect
After deciding to buy two skells for both Elma, and Lin, those Wroths were a piece of cake. Finished Chapter 9, and that included also tackling the mission for the Flight pack! Getting that upgraded coil from that indigent in Sylvalum was tricky with just myself doing it as my Skell took a shit trying to fight off two of those things. Went back to NLA, swapped to a Heavy Skell that I had assigned to Lin, and took down both of those Indigens with ease. I had the other part needed for the flight pack already, so quite easy mission overall.

Have to say, just immediately flying around Primordial was a sensation. You feel almost invincible as everything is now achievable and reachable. Flew all over Primordia, got some treasures along the way, and spotted some interesting Indigens I know I'll be fighting at some point. At this point of the game, I'll take it a little more easy, tackle some side quests, and a couple affinity missions as well, lvl up plenty on all party members, and hopefully find some nice goodies along the way to upgrade stuff.

Game is getting better and better each time I play it. :mgrin:
The first time I took flight the song that played with it was pure bliss. The virgin flight around Primordia is a rare moment in games.

Now, if only the music did not wear out its welcome by the end of the game...

Shoulder

That was one of my favorite moments in gaming in a long time for sure. First thing I did was fly all the way past Primordia and Noctilus to the top of the waterfall. That waterfall had made me curious since early in the game because of the massive plant-like growths clinging down its side, so I was sure something cool must be up there. Yep. I got my skell destroyed immediately and I made a point of walking on foot all the way back to NLA just to appreciate the sense of scale.
One thing's for sure, I doubt I'll be using fast travel much now just so I can explore, and see the scale of the game in full more often. I already have been doing that more just so I can fight more enemies on the way, and collect more goodies, or spot more treasures as well. I have yet to leave Primordia yet, but after work today, I'll do more exploring.

The first time I took flight the song that played with it was pure bliss. The virgin flight around Primordia is a rare moment in games.

Now, if only the music did not wear out its welcome by the end of the game...
Some don't like the flight song, but I don't mind it. I sort of wished it did not always reset itself every time you get off and on your Skell, but it's a minor thing.

One thing I will say is you mentioned about those rare moments of pure bliss. To my knowledge that I recall, I've only had that happen one time previously, and that was in Red Dead Redemption once you cross into Mexico. If you haven't played the game yet, it was simply that particular time and place that everything fell into place, and was absolutely brilliant what R* did for that. What Monolith Soft have done in XCX is very similar in terms of just wowing you of what you thought was going to happen.

Flying in the Skell for the first time is probably what @EvilTw1n felt when he first got to Phendrana Drifts in Metroid Prime.

Koenig

The Architect
Also, how do you feel about the audio mixing in the game so far? They might have patched it since I first played, but at the time most voiced cut-scenes drowned out the character dialogue with background music.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
One thing I will say is you mentioned about those rare moments of pure bliss. To my knowledge that I recall, I've only had that happen one time previously, and that was in Red Dead Redemption once you cross into Mexico. If you haven't played the game yet, it was simply that particular time and place that everything fell into place, and was absolutely brilliant what R* did for that. What Monolith Soft have done in XCX is very similar in terms of just wowing you of what you thought was going to happen.
I'd seen that moment brought up a lot, so maybe that affected my expectations of it and I wasn't very impressed. But I did feel that way toward the end of the game, when you are able to go to the "midwest" and "east coast" parts of the game.

Shoulder

I'd seen that moment brought up a lot, so maybe that affected my expectations of it and I wasn't very impressed. But I did feel that way toward the end of the game, when you are able to go to the "midwest" and "east coast" parts of the game.
That is a very good point to bring up, and it is one reason why I sometimes like going into certain video games without much info. You genuinely get moments like that. It's the same reason why Phendrana Drifts wasn't one of those "Wow" moments compared to Far Away in RDR. In all honesty, even flying the Skell in XCX isn't as good of a moment like that compared to RDR. It's still a very good moment, but not one of "those" moments.

I think in general, those very precious moments we have in video games have to come during times when we are one with the game. In other words, we are basically disconnected from everyone else around us, including the internet, and we are focused only on that moment. In Deus Ex, it was when you first arrive in Paris with that music. With Metroid Prime, it was first entering the Phazon Mines. With Xenoblade Chronicles, it was Gaur Plains. With Skies of Arcadia, it was using the Harpoon Cannon for the first time.

Every game has that moment that just completely wows you on every front, but they are ultimately quite rare. Those moments are for a particular time, and place.

Shoulder

This weekend was a little slower with regards to progress as I did a lot more exploring than doing story stuff. I manage to level up a bit, and will be at lvl 40 by the time I tackle Chapter 10. Currently at just around 54 hours of playing time, and it's possible by the end of this week I'll have finished the story portion of the game. My grand ultimate plan is to get as close as I can to 100% completion of the game, although I never even 100%ed XC1, so we'll see how that goes. I'd like to play as much as I can of it though, so we'll see what happens. :mthumb:

Shoulder

Made it through Chapter 10 after a few tries. Those support enemies were proving a bit of a pain, so I decided to just ignore them, and go after that things' appendages, and kill it as fast as possible. Keep in mind tat up until this point, I've been using my free Skell, plus two lvl 30 med. Skells for both Elma, and Lin.

After the battle, I decided to upgrade and get a lvl 30 Skell for my character since I doubt I'll get 10 levels up before tackling Chapter 11.

Odo

I remember when this game was about to come out. I don't remember the last time I was so hyped. That November before release day was painful. Those videos with the Skells flying close to the moon were spectacular. The feeling of a true no-invisible-wall open world with flying giant full customisable robots was just.. i have no words. This game presentation was jaw-dropping. It all looked like the most ambitious thing ever. I collected and wrote down in a log all the rare items I found. I played dozens of hours just looking for them.

Those were great days.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I remember when this game was about to come out. I don't remember the last time I was so hyped. That November before release day was painful. Those videos with the Skells flying close to the moon were spectacular. The feeling of a true no-invisible-wall open world with flying giant full customisable robots was just.. i have no words. This game presentation was jaw-dropping. It all looked like the most ambitious thing ever. I collected and wrote down in a log all the rare items I found. I played dozens of hours just looking for them.

Those were great days.
I want a sequel to XCX more than anything else from MonolithSoft. I haven't gone back to XC2 in a month and a half now, and that's even though it had just gotten really good. It's world just doesn't pull me like XCX's did.

I want something that brings us closer to this:

Goodtwin

I too preferred X as well. XC2 has a lot of positives, but too many times I became irritated with it. Peaks and valleys is my take on XC2. I would still give it a 7.5, but I had X in the 9-9.5 scoring.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

theMightyME

2 pisses me off because they undid half of what made the first game so good, all of the streamlining to undo frustrations was just undone, and in its place, a complete lack of respect for our time... They also didn't carry over the strengths of x, like the follow Ball, and they completely botched the map

That being said, I like it way more than x with it's horrible music, strange level cap, lack of story, and awkward character designs

The first game is still by far the best

I am actually more excited in a monolith game that moves away from the xeno series...

The art for their unnamed action rpg has me excited

Mainly I want to get away from the battle system they have been iterating on... I either want something natural like Zelda, or something even closer to turn based... Hell, just give me the xenogears battle system again

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
That being said, I like it way more than x with it's horrible music, strange level cap, lack of story, and awkward character designs
What? The level cap made perfect sense in XCX because leveling up didn't actually increase your stats at all, instead it just unlocked high level gear for you. The number was redundant but the system as a whole made sense. What actually sucked was the amount of grinding needed to increase your stats from that point on, through crafting augments and upgrading the gear.

I liked the part where I had to figure out that the superboss had a tendency to apply a specific status on me, and that he was weak to a different specific status, so I had to prepare with the right augmentations, class, skills, and arts for it. I hated the part where it took a dozen hours of mindless grinding to get the stuff needed.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I love XCX and would love to have a sequel. That game gave me such joy.

As soon I as finish Doom, I'm going to start on XC2. Steve2 has been playing it since last week.

I wonder if we'll get a XCX for Switch. I would buy that and replay it.

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
I have a question about the high speed data packs for the physical copies owners, is there a way to individually delete/uniistall them or am i forced to delete them all together? I downgraded my internet speed and it'd take forever to download all but the one i want.

Decided to play smash bros after a couple years absence and I don't have the space to download the update.

Koenig

The Architect
I have a question about the high speed data packs for the physical copies owners, is there a way to individually delete/uniistall them or am i forced to delete them all together? I downgraded my internet speed and it'd take forever to download all but the one i want.

Decided to play smash bros after a couple years absence and I don't have the space to download the update.
You can delete the data packs seperately from the XCX save data; although I don't know if you uninstall the packs separately from each other. You could uninstall them all and then just download the one pack you do want, but that may take a while.

Shoulder

Fired up the game again this afternoon, and finally got through Chapter 11 after doing some light grinding beforehand. The area where you must enter on foot was difficult at first, but after leveling up a couple levels made it much easier.

I will tackle Chapter 12 hopefully sometime this week, but not before I level up beyond lvl 50, and upgrade all my equipment and skells.

Home stretch, everyone.

Odo

Fired up the game again this afternoon, and finally got through Chapter 11 after doing some light grinding beforehand. The area where you must enter on foot was difficult at first, but after leveling up a couple levels made it much easier.

I will tackle Chapter 12 hopefully sometime this week, but not before I level up beyond lvl 50, and upgrade all my equipment and skells.

Home stretch, everyone.
Sometimes all you need to do is to just sort out your weapons and gear based on your foes.

Shoulder

Sometimes all you need to do is to just sort out your weapons and gear based on your foes.
Honestly, that is one aspect I tend to dislike in JRPGs, especially in a game like XCX because isn't it the case you cannot save a preset of gear and weapons? For example, in Monster Hunter, you can create a set gear and weapon, and save that, so at any point you can switch between them before a hunt. I don't recall being able to do that in XCX.

Shoulder

Played some more XCX last night. Been doing some grinding, plus some "?" sidequests. I'll leave affinity quests until I'm done with Chapter 12. I also managed to reach lvl 50, so I'll be buying a lvl 50 Skell, although I then looked at the cost of those skells, plus my wallet, and realized I could only buy one, and then have to save. I'll have to increase my revenue stream if I can, plus sell some stuff.

I'll see if I can play some more later this afternoon.

Koenig

The Architect
I think I would probably rebuy XCX if they released it on Switch, Definitely if they added more content. I remember feeling down on XCX when comparing it to XC(1) when it came out, but after X2 it would be a breath of fresh air by comparison. Here's hoping Nintendo has greenlit a sequel to it, cause although I had my gripes with, the game has a ton of potential.

Shoulder

Made some more progress with XCX over the weekend, but still have not tackled Chapter 12 yet, although I feel more confident now than before that I can probably complete the storyline. Currently at lvl 54, and currently onnly have one lvl 50 skell, but would like to at least upgrade to one more lvl 50 skell for Elma. I do know that after you finish with the storyline that the lvl 60 skells are unlocked, so I may even try my hand at finishing the story this week just so I can get the best Skells, and also tackle the biggest and baddest tyrants across the lands.

Since I am taking my sweet time with the game, I feel at ease with it. I don't feel rushed, or feel as though I'm being pressured to complete it. I'll take it little by little. :)

Koenig

The Architect
Made some more progress with XCX over the weekend, but still have not tackled Chapter 12 yet, although I feel more confident now than before that I can probably complete the storyline. Currently at lvl 54, and currently onnly have one lvl 50 skell, but would like to at least upgrade to one more lvl 50 skell for Elma. I do know that after you finish with the storyline that the lvl 60 skells are unlocked, so I may even try my hand at finishing the story this week just so I can get the best Skells, and also tackle the biggest and baddest tyrants across the lands.

Since I am taking my sweet time with the game, I feel at ease with it. I don't feel rushed, or feel as though I'm being pressured to complete it. I'll take it little by little. :)
Be warned that the final chapter very poorly handles skells, and will try to force you to use on foot combat unless you have a surplus of fuel reserves.