~~The Official Xenoblade Chronicles X Thread~~

Koenig

The Architect
Surplus of Fuel reserves? You mean carrying extra skell fuel with you or something? I'm confused here.
There is an item you can get (could get?) that let you restore skell fuel like it was a potion in a typical game. I had to use that while in the final chapter to use my skell at all since the fuel drained automatically and almost instantly. I do not know if there is a way to get it now though, considering Miiverse has been shut down.

If all else fails, you may just need to be very good with overdrive to beat the game.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
If all else fails, you may just need to be very good with overdrive to beat the game.
This is how I beat the game, but it was really annoying because of all the launch and similar status effects messing with the groove of my combo. I don't mind having to equip augments and things like that to deal with different status effects and attacks from strong enemies, but having to grind so hard for them is what kept me from playing the game 300 hours instead of only 150.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Well, I did it. I finally finished the storyline, and felt quite underwhelmed actually, and so did my GF who was sitting beside me. I will say, I wasn't originally planning on tackling Chapter 12, but I decided to just say, "Fuck it," and go for it. My party was with Elma, Lin, and L, and we were all around lvl 55 at the time of the start of the chapter, and used three lvl 30 Skells, plus one lvl 50 Skell.

L's Skell was incapacitated during the first fight at the Core, and nearly lost both Lin, and Elma's during the second fight. During the final fight-which I had to fight on foot because Elma said our skell fuel was empty (I had damn near full fuel at the end of the first fight, so I assume it was triggered by the story so you had to fight on foot), I pushed hard and hard with the badass music playing in the background, and then L goes down, followed by Lin, but I revived her, only to have Elma fall as well. It didn't help that reinforcements were fighting against us, so it was getting increasingly difficult, but I continued to push. But then, L, Lin, and Elma are all down, leaving only myself to fight the final boss, plus another enemy. I got enough TP to engage Overdrive, and with my health fading fast, I delivered the final blows with maybe 500HP left, and that was that. That was honestly a fitting end to the fight.

But...

The ending felt very underwhelming, like a sort of, "Wait, that's it?" On the face of it, XCX is not meant to be a story-driven game like XC was, or what XC2 is, and instead an exploration-focused type game.

At the time of story completion, I had surveyed 43% of Mira, and racked up just under 88 hours of play time, and my party is at lvl 56.

I do want to continue playing the game after the fact, but the storyline has made me feel a bit empty inside. Perhaps this is why I put off finishing the story as long as I did because I would feel as though the game was not complete. On the other hand, I can now get those lvl 60 skells, get some super weapons I guess, and there are other things to do as well.

Currently, XCX is not as good as XC, and I still stand by that. But perhaps I might change my tune if I sink more hours into the game. XCX is still a very good game though.

Koenig

The Architect
Well, I did it. I finally finished the storyline, and felt quite underwhelmed actually, and so did my GF who was sitting beside me. I will say, I wasn't originally planning on tackling Chapter 12, but I decided to just say, "Fuck it," and go for it. My party was with Elma, Lin, and L, and we were all around lvl 55 at the time of the start of the chapter, and used three lvl 30 Skells, plus one lvl 50 Skell.

L's Skell was incapacitated during the first fight at the Core, and nearly lost both Lin, and Elma's during the second fight. During the final fight-which I had to fight on foot because Elma said our skell fuel was empty (I had damn near full fuel at the end of the first fight, so I assume it was triggered by the story so you had to fight on foot), I pushed hard and hard with the badass music playing in the background, and then L goes down, followed by Lin, but I revived her, only to have Elma fall as well. It didn't help that reinforcements were fighting against us, so it was getting increasingly difficult, but I continued to push. But then, L, Lin, and Elma are all down, leaving only myself to fight the final boss, plus another enemy. I got enough TP to engage Overdrive, and with my health fading fast, I delivered the final blows with maybe 500HP left, and that was that. That was honestly a fitting end to the fight.

But...

The ending felt very underwhelming, like a sort of, "Wait, that's it?" On the face of it, XCX is not meant to be a story-driven game like XC was, or what XC2 is, and instead an exploration-focused type game.

At the time of story completion, I had surveyed 43% of Mira, and racked up just under 88 hours of play time, and my party is at lvl 56.

I do want to continue playing the game after the fact, but the storyline has made me feel a bit empty inside. Perhaps this is why I put off finishing the story as long as I did because I would feel as though the game was not complete. On the other hand, I can now get those lvl 60 skells, get some super weapons I guess, and there are other things to do as well.

Currently, XCX is not as good as XC, and I still stand by that. But perhaps I might change my tune if I sink more hours into the game. XCX is still a very good game though.
Did you also watch the post credit scenes as well? Makes the ending even more confusing/unsatisfying. I really hope we get a sequel to built off of all this; the asked many questions but never bothered to answer 99% of them.

Shoulder

Did you also watch the post credit scenes as well? Makes the ending even more confusing/unsatisfying. I really hope we get a sequel to built off of all this; the asked many questions but never bothered to answer 99% of them.

Yup, I did watch it, and it was even more of a mindfuck. And as I mentioned last night on Discord, it truly does beg for a sequel because since I do enjoy a good story, it would be interesting to have some of these questions answered.

Shoulder

Thinking about it more, I wonder if there being a sequel, this could potentially happen:

So we know that the Lifehold was effectively destroyed at the time they crash landed, but somehow the people are still living. For a sequel, I think it would be interesting if it took place in the near future (so many of the characters are still around), but with NLA more developed now that the area is mostly at peace. But this time, have the game more story-focused, but also have a central character you play rather than a simple avatar. Mira would still be as explorable as it was before, but the landscape has slightly changed due to erosion of the areas, plus any small battles along the way.

For a XCX sequel, perhaps there are other lands outside of the five main areas of the game, and in this particular game, we find out the why the humans are still alive. One interesting thing I do recall is Luxaar was saying how Humans are descendants of some there race (can't remember the name off-hand). Is it possible the mims the humans currently occupy are now the new descendants of the human race, and as such are one of the reasons why everyone is still alive?

As you mentioned, Koenig, there's a lot of untapped potential for Mira, and perhaps it makes for a potential crossover wit the XC1, and XC2 worlds and XCX. Perhaps they are all in the same universe (Haven't played XC2 yet, so don't know how it fits).

Koenig

The Architect
Thinking about it more, I wonder if there being a sequel, this could potentially happen:

So we know that the Lifehold was effectively destroyed at the time they crash landed, but somehow the people are still living. For a sequel, I think it would be interesting if it took place in the near future (so many of the characters are still around), but with NLA more developed now that the area is mostly at peace. But this time, have the game more story-focused, but also have a central character you play rather than a simple avatar. Mira would still be as explorable as it was before, but the landscape has slightly changed due to erosion of the areas, plus any small battles along the way.
[/QUOTE I would certainly like to see more story focus, but I think it would fit better into the side quests and chapter missions. One of XCX's biggest strengths was its freedom of exploration, but the story never really capitalized on it which was a shame. I remember finding multiple pieces of the life-hold throughout the world, but never once did any of those provide anything to me unless I did a related character mission; it just felt very odd considering the main story running parallel to it made even the slightest hint of one of the data banks a huge a discovery, and their subsequent destruction an irreplaceable loss. It's like: "Woe is us, we have lost another life hold databank, entire millennia of our history and culture has been forever lost!"

"What's that? you found another life hold core? NO ONE GIVES A FUCK, GET BACK TO PLANTING PROBES INSTEAD"

I dunno, it just felt a little off putting IMO. I would like to see the story married to the exploration rather than divorced from it.

For a XCX sequel, perhaps there are other lands outside of the five main areas of the game, and in this particular game, we find out the why the humans are still alive. One interesting thing I do recall is Luxaar was saying how Humans are descendants of some there race (can't remember the name off-hand). Is it possible the mims the humans currently occupy are now the new descendants of the human race, and as such are one of the reasons why everyone is still alive?
Agreed. However we still have nothing to go on; even plot crucial elements like how all the races were communicating was never really explained beyond " something about Mira is causing it", as every race could understand and speak to each other even though none of them knew the others language.

As you mentioned, Koenig, there's a lot of untapped potential for Mira, and perhaps it makes for a potential crossover wit the XC1, and XC2 worlds and XCX. Perhaps they are all in the same universe (Haven't played XC2 yet, so don't know how it fits).

Aye. I don't think X2 has any direct connection to XCX, at least none that can confirmed without grasping at straws.
EDIT: FUCK. This reply has turned into a quote embedded nightmare! My apologies.

Shoulder

I have a possible explanation for the lack of a language barrier:

Since we know that Elma herself is from an alien race with vastly superior technology that helped shape the future of mankind, and allow them to escape Earth with the tech they had, it's possible the Mims everyone uses has some sort of automatic language translator built-in, so different alien races and languages are automatically being interpreted through the Mim itself. Elma would know of the various races scattered across the Galaxy, so it's very possible her people know of the languages throughout.

Then again, Mira might be doing something completely unrelated to what I just said, and that is causing it, but who knows. Thinking about it more as I type this, how could the other races be able to communicate with each other if they are of different races, and likely have different languages? Maybe Mira itself has something to do with it, which then brings up the biggest question of what in the hell is going on with this planet?

Koenig

The Architect
I have a possible explanation for the lack of a language barrier:

Since we know that Elma herself is from an alien race with vastly superior technology that helped shape the future of mankind, and allow them to escape Earth with the tech they had, it's possible the Mims everyone uses has some sort of automatic language translator built-in, so different alien races and languages are automatically being interpreted through the Mim itself. Elma would know of the various races scattered across the Galaxy, so it's very possible her people know of the languages throughout.
Unfortunately I don't think that is the case. I am pretty confident that *something* about Mira is the cause.
I remember a specific set of dialogue with one of the NPC's (I think it was an Orphean and a Manon) where it was brought up between the active characters and the two NPC's that they asked how they could speak each others language, and each thought that everyone else was some speaking their own language to begin with. (IE a Manon heard you speaking Manon-ese, Nopon heard Nopon-ese, etc etc and vise versa) Ultimately they brought up that none of them had the technology for the that kind of translator and that it had to be something about Mira itself

Last edited:

Shoulder

Unfortunately I don't think that is the case. I am pretty confident that *something* about Mira is the cause.
I remember a specific set of dialogue with one of the NPC's (I think it was an Orphean and a Manon) where it was brought up between the active characters and the two NPC's that they asked how they could speak each others language, and each thought that everyone else was some speaking their own language to begin with. (IE a Manon heard you speaking Manon-ese, Nopon heard Nopon-ese, etc etc and vise versa) Ultimately they brought up that none of them had the technology for the that kind of translator and that it had to be something about Mira itself
Hmmm, now the big question is what does it all mean?

Koenig

The Architect
Hmmm, now the big question is what does it all mean?

Either:
A: Monolith had a much bigger story in mind than the scope of the game could provide within the development time allotted by Nintendo (Something the Xenoblade series Direction has a bit of a history for).

B:Monolith set Mira up as a sandbox for future projects and stories, intentionally leaving huge swaths of the story unfinished so that they have more creative freedom in future titles in the project.

C:Monolith was writing by the seat of their pants and has no better idea than you or me at this time.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

If you play the game all the way through to the end of the end you see they're basically setting up for a shit storm of events

The end is a film teaser but there's more and more to unpack the closer you get to 100% the game