THE SUPER MEGA E3 PREDICTION COUNTDOWN THREAD

Solid move from Sony, very bullish. They really want to break back into Japan and this is one of the only ways to do it. If they let multiplat slide to Switch, it wouldnt have worked.
Its also coming out for Xbone and PC, but those are non-factors in Japan so thats probably why they didnt care to restrict it that far.

Gonna be interesting to see how Nintendo deals. The original rumor, which sounds mostly spot on, said that MH5 would be the PS4 multiplat game, but instead its Monster Hunter World. Soo idk. Gotta see the changes, it could be the new mainline for all we know and Nintendo is sol. Otherwise I see a MH5 coming to Switch in the future, if this experiment fails.

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
Pretty average E3 this year so far, but thankfully average is pretty darn good these days.

My predictions for tomorrow with Nintendo and their 25 minute spotlight about 2017 games:
  1. Mario Odyssey
  2. Rabbids + Mario
  3. Arms
  4. Splatoon 2
  5. Xenoblade 2 (the one 2018 game shown)
  6. Fire Emblem Warriors
  7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
That's it. I have absolutely no expectations and still expect being disappointed.

I want to believe we will see Retro's new game... it has been more than long enough since their last game, but I just can't see them showing it.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
Solid move from Sony, very bullish. They really want to break back into Japan and this is one of the only ways to do it. If they let multiplat slide to Switch, it wouldnt have worked.
Its also coming out for Xbone and PC, but those are non-factors in Japan so thats probably why they didnt care to restrict it that far.

Gonna be interesting to see how Nintendo deals. The original rumor, which sounds mostly spot on, said that MH5 would be the PS4 multiplat game, but instead its Monster Hunter World. Soo idk. Gotta see the changes, it could be the new mainline for all we know and Nintendo is sol. Otherwise I see a MH5 coming to Switch in the future, if this experiment fails.
But ps4 is a console, the entire play experience in japan is kids and teens playing with their friends at cafes and such after school... The series started on console but only found success on handhelds... A smart move would have been a switch/vita multiplat or to scale the game from 3ds all the way to ps4 but announcing at e3 (a western conference) and console only... Dumb move...

I expect nothing less from capcom

Now how is Konami going to 1 up then... Metal Gear sans Kojima as a Switch exclusive free to play game with microtransactions to an in game currency that you need to buy in order to play for more than 10 minutes?

Well its also gonna be a grab for the western audience as well. Although based on what I've read, no one really cares except us MH faithful.
Its an experiment, I dont mind it. It looks low budget from what its supposedly running on, so its obviously a low risk endeavor. Switch will get a MH beyond XX, theres no doubt at this point.

Can I say something?
FUCK THIRD PARTIES
"Alright guys, we need to wait and see how Nintendo Switch does before we invest our time and money into games on the console"
"Also, here's our 20 VR games, enjoy"
just FUCK OFF with this stupid bullshit. Really ridiculous. That PSVR segment was just mindblowingly bad and it made me furious.

Odo

E3 games and dates (work in progress)

2017 June

[PS4,XBO] ... Nex Machina

2017 August

[XBO] ... Life is Strange: Before the Storm
[NSW] ... Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

2017 September

[XBO] ... Cuphead

2017 October

[XBO] ... Forza Motorsport 7
[PS4,XBO] ... Assassins Creed Origins

2017 November

[PS4,XBO] ... Star Wars Battlefront II
[XBO] ... Deep Rock Galactic
[XBO] ... Crackdown 3
[PS4,XBO] ... South Park: The Fractured but Whole

[PS4,XBO] ... Anthem
[PS4,XBO,NSW] ... Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
[PS4,XBO] ... A Way Out
[XBO] ... Metro Exodus
[XBO] ... Black Desert
[XBO] ... Dragon Ball Fighter Z
[XBO] ... State of Decay 2
[XBO] ... Sea of Thieves
[PS4,XBO] ... Kingdom Hearts 3
[XBO] ... The Darwing Project
[PS4,XBO] ... The Crew 2
[PS4,XBO] ... Skull & Bones
[PS4,XBO,NSW] ... Starlink: Battle for Atlas
[PS4,XBO] ... Far Cry 5
[TBD] ... Beyond Good & Evil 2

Last edited:

Odo

E3 Nintendo Direct - games and dates

2017 June

[NSW] ... ARMS

2017 July

[NSW] ... Splatoon 2

2017 August

[NSW] ... Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

2017 September

[NSW] ... Pokken Tournament DX

2017 October

[NSW] ... Super Mario Odyssey

2017 TBD

[NSW] ... Xenoblade Chronicles 2
[NSW] ... Fire Emblem: Warriors
[NSW] ... Rocket League

2018 TBD

[NSW] ... Kirby
[NSW] ... Pokémon
[NSW] ... Yoshi
[NSW] ... Metroid Prime 4

Last edited:

theMightyME

Nintendo's E3 so far

Xenoblade Chroicles 2 - Switch - 2017
music https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/index.html
Kirby - Switch - 2018
Pokemon (proper) - Switch
Metroid Prime 4 (not developed by Retro Studios, Kensuke Tanabe overseeing)- Switch
Yoshi (with paper mario's world aesthetic) - Switch - 2018
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Switch - dlc pack 1 coming June 30th, amiibo for the heroes
Rocket League - Switch - Holiday 2017
Super Mario Oddysey (3 new amiibo too, multiplayer hinted at) - Switch - October 27th, 2017
Metroid 2 remake (amazing amiibo too) - 3DS - September 15th
Fire Emblem Warriors - Switch/3DS - Fall 2017
Rabbids + Mario: Kingdom Battle - Switch - 2017
Starlink: Battle for Atlas - Switch - Fall 2018

Last edited:
FUCKING NINTENDO
why did you have to surprise me.

There wasnt a single thing about the Spotlight I hated.
There was stuff missing that I'm now finding out that I would have liked to see, mainly What The Fuck is Retro Studios doing?
Otherwise, solid solid solid solid fucking stuff.
Reiterating titles releasing this year, adding in some cool new things like Rocket League (we all gotta get on this)
But more than that, laying groundwork for the future. Everyones always like "well sure, Switch's first year is great, but thats just for now". Welp, nope, now here's Yoshi, Kirby, Prime fucking 4, and fucking Pokemon ready and sealed for next year. Switch has already outdone what the Wii U did in just one single year, now its just leaping ahead. Not even counting the stuff we know will eventually come, like Mario Maker, like Smash Bros, like Retro's new game. Crazy times.

By the way, Pokemon moving to Switch officially is the death knell for 3DS, the next 4-5 years of Switch will be really fucking good.

ah. I still am waiting for a MHXX localization.

Speaking of which, that fucking Mario trailer. Why is it always the second Mario trailer that is just a goddamn winner on all levels.
I was watching with a crowd that was convinced it was Monster Hunter for a brief second. I knew it wasnt but had no idea what to expect and what I saw made me cheer out fucking loud like a sperg but fuck man it looks really legit, so fun.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Two Metroids.

Fuck me.

I mean...it's like they knew. "Huh. Guess Mike isn't really feeling the hype for E3 this year. He'll never see this shit coming."

And yes, I know. Prime 4 is a place card (we don't even know who is developing it; Trinnen said it's being made by a "talented new development team"...which conspicuously leaves out if it's a Nintendo team doing it at all). Samus Returns will get shit because it's being developed by MercurySteam with Sakamoto at the helm, which I'm sure will make the Metroid illuminati go nuts, no matter how good the gameplay looked.

But I don't care. Because two Metroids.

==========

Speaking of getting shit, I know XB2 is pretty much going to be known from now on as Wee-a-Blade 2.

That voice acting is, I mean...yeah.

But I'm willing to give Monolith more than the benefit of the doubt. They made XBC work despite its shortcomings. With its 10-minute cut scenes followed by brief sections in which you...walk to the next 10-minute cut scene. With a Bon Jovi roadie piloting a flying neon jellyfish. With Riki. With a cringe-y love triangle-that-wasn't.

XB2 seems to have the whole "big open world with giant things to kill" pretty well covered, and that's got me up for it.

Oh, and victory for #team2017.

theMightyME

That voice acting is, I mean...yeah.

But I'm willing to give Monolith more than the benefit of the doubt. They made XBC work despite its shortcomings. With its 10-minute cut scenes followed by brief sections in which you...walk to the next 10-minute cut scene. With a Bon Jovi roadie piloting a flying neon jellyfish. With Riki. With a cringe-y love triangle-that-wasn't.

XB2 seems to have the whole "big open world with giant things to kill" pretty well covered, and that's got me up for it.

Oh, and victory for #team2017.
first thing I said when watching the trailer

"Japanese voice track please"

theMightyME

Whelp monster hunter fans, cabochon had officially betrayed you, not localizing monster hunter xx on switch, focusing on mhw instead... Wonder how much Sony paid for that

Metroid 3DS looks pretty fucking cool imo. Maaan, I wish it wasnt a 3DS game, would love to have this on Switch with HD Rumble. Will probably still pick it up. And the amiibos.

theMightyME

Metroid 3DS looks pretty fucking cool imo. Maaan, I wish it wasnt a 3DS game, would love to have this on Switch with HD Rumble. Will probably still pick it up. And the amiibos.
Nintendo should make it multiplat with the switch... Just up the resolution, add anti aliasing, use higher resolution textures... Charge the same price... Like $40...i would buy that... Even with the low polly count

3ds got a port of fire Emblem warriors, give switch owners a port of this... Make it digital only, I don't care

mattavelle1

Crunk Ain’t Dead!!!
Time to boycott both sony and capcom... Write angry letters... Is there any action to take?
Well for me the best cours of action is 2 fold.

1. Hope that our Japan brethren are very offended by the "western audience" because the Japanese have made and been the solid base of the franchise. I can only hope there extreme displeasure of this move translates to extreme loss of sales.

2. As a gamer who has fallen head over heals in love with the franchise I feel like my personal best course of action would be to DL XX from the Eshop anyhow. Even if it's in a language I can't read I think Capcom needs to see how much we want this game, and obviously to support Nintendo for having it on the console.

I will do this day 1, I'm personally gonna show and hopefully many others will also that we are big time fans and they have made a mistake.

They are changing tho many things in MHW that make it look more and more less like MH so if Sony wants it they can have it I won't buy there console for 1 game anyhow.

Yeah I cant do that lol. Its not exactly a game thats easy to cheese without knowing Japanese like a PuyoPuyo is.
I say you guys send your USF2 games to Capcom and request a Monster Hunter title of greater or equal value :3

Odo

E3 dates and games (working in progress)

2017 June

[PS4,XBO] ... Nex Machina
[NSW] ... ARMS

2017 July

[NSW] ... Splatoon 2

2017 August

[XBO] ... Life is Strange: Before the Storm
[NSW] ... Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

2017 September

[XBO] ... Cuphead
[NSW] ... Pokken Tournament DX
[PS4,XBO] ... Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
[PS4,XBO] ... Marvel vs Capcom: Infinity

2017 October

[XBO] ... Forza Motorsport 7
[PS4,XBO] ... Assassins Creed Origins
[NSW] ... Super Mario Odyssey
[PS4,XBO] ... Middle-earth: Shadow of War
[PS4,XBO] ... The Evil Within 2
[PS4,XBO] ... Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

2017 November

[PS4,XBO] ... Star Wars Battlefront II
[XBO] ... Deep Rock Galactic
[XBO] ... Crackdown 3
[PS4,XBO] ... South Park: The Fractured but Whole

2017 TBD

[XBO] ... PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
[NSW] ... The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
[NSW] ... Xenoblade Chronicles 2
[NSW] ... Fire Emblem: Warriors
[NSW] ... Rocket League

2018 TBD

[PS4,XBO] ... Anthem
[PS4,XBO,NSW] ... Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
[PS4,XBO] ... A Way Out
[XBO] ... Metro Exodus
[XBO] ... Black Desert
[XBO] ... Dragon Ball Fighter Z
[XBO] ... State of Decay 2
[XBO] ... Sea of Thieves
[PS4,XBO] ... Kingdom Hearts 3
[XBO] ... The Darwing Project
[PS4,XBO] ... The Crew 2
[PS4,XBO] ... Skull & Bones
[PS4,XBO,NSW] ... Starlink: Battle for Atlas
[PS4,XBO] ... Far Cry 5
[TBD] ... Beyond Good & Evil 2
[NSW] ... Kirby
[NSW] ... Pokémon
[NSW] ... Yoshi
[NSW] ... Metroid Prime 4
[NSW] ... Metroid: Samus Returns
[PS4] ... Spiderman
[PS4,XBO] ... Yakuza 6

Odo

Well, I'm happy with this E3 and really impressed about what Nintendo showed.

Metroid Prime 4? I couldn't see that coming. It's wonderful. Also for me there's Kirby, Pokémon, XC2 and Fire Emblem: Warriors that looks incredible and I love Warriors games.

For me it was even better than last year. I know last year we had Zelda, but this line-up for 2017 and 2018 is really good.

Great show.

NSW is already looking better than the entire life of Wii U.

mattavelle1

Crunk Ain’t Dead!!!
Yeah I cant do that lol. Its not exactly a game thats easy to cheese without knowing Japanese like a PuyoPuyo is.
I say you guys send your USF2 games to Capcom and request a Monster Hunter title of greater or equal value :3
Well that's you I'm always down for a challenge :msrs:

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Time to boycott both sony and capcom... Write angry letters... Is there any action to take?
Nope. If there's an exclusivity deal of any type (timed-exclusivity included) signed, us getting mobilized on the internet won't do a thing. We get to play the part of disappointed PSP gamers who watched MonHun go to Nintendo. When the roles were reversed, Sony said eff it and made their own monster hunting game (Freedom Wars).

There's options to play MH, just not Nintendo options. If it turns out to be a fantastic evolution of the series, I'll look into upgrading my PC to play it. But alas, the dream of portable MH5 on a Switch is dead (...unless this is all timed exclusivity, which I doubt, but hope to be wrong about).

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
The Finals of the World Inkling Invitational last night were really exciting!

I was impressed by the level of gameplay from both teams, and I liked the way it was set up and done. The commentators knew what they were talking about. That is an eSport I would definitely watch.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
The Finals of the World Inkling Invitational last night were really exciting!

I was impressed by the level of gameplay from both teams, and I liked the way it was set up and done. The commentators knew what they were talking about. That is an eSport I would definitely watch.
I only watched a part of it, but it was fun for sure. I feel like they set up the tournament just to show off their new spectator camera. Hopefully we can spectate our friends' games like that when waiting to join them in Turf War.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
2. As a gamer who has fallen head over heals in love with the franchise I feel like my personal best course of action would be to DL XX from the Eshop anyhow. Even if it's in a language I can't read I think Capcom needs to see how much we want this game, and obviously to support Nintendo for having it on the console.
This is what I'm doing as well. August 25 we're getting into some Kanji Hunter. Now I think if more than two of us are willing to get the Japanese copy, we could use the MHXX thread to help each other find all the important stuff that we need to know to play the game, like what armor gives what skills, where in the options menu to change this or that, etc. That way anyone else that is willing to buy the game will be able to play it fully without having to learn any Japanese.

theMightyME

This is what I'm doing as well. August 25 we're getting into some Kanji Hunter. Now I think if more than two of us are willing to get the Japanese copy, we could use the MHXX thread to help each other find all the important stuff that we need to know to play the game, like what armor gives what skills, where in the options menu to change this or that, etc. That way anyone else that is willing to buy the game will be able to play it fully without having to learn any Japanese.
If you have a moment you are not rushed use Google translate, select the camera and just aim it at the screen, it can translate on the fly