The"Your pet peeves" Thread

Koenig

The Architect
The premise of this thread is simple: Share one of your pet peeves per post (or how you feel about someone else's pet peeve if you feel like it). As always, remember to keep it mostly civil, and have a good time!

My pet peeve: People who don't use their turn signals while driving.

BobSilencieux

People driving through when they can see the light is turning red, and they had plenty of time to slow down and stop.

People doing 30mph+ in the 20mph zone near my daughter's school.

People parking stupidly (on double yellow lines / right next to a junction etc).

People switching lanes on a roundabout.

People turning without indicating.

People doing 30mph on the 60mph limit road I take to work.

Audi drivers. Range Rover drivers. They almost unanimously believe that they are better and more important than everybody else on the road.

Yeah basically all my pet peeves are driving related.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
The premise of this thread is simple: Share one of your pet peeves per post (or how you feel about someone else's pet peeve if you feel like it). As always, remember to keep it mostly civil, and have a good time!

My pet peeve: People who don't use their turn signals while driving.
Yes!!! In Florida, it seems like most people don't know they even have a turn signal.

But my biggest pet peeve is motorcycle drivers that make up their own traffic rules but still wanted to be treated like other vehicles.
If you want cars to care about your safety while on a motorcycle: Don't speed up the side of the road across the white to avoid traffic, don't drive up the middle line in stopped traffic, do weave in and out of traffic without using a signal. And wear a friggin helmet!

Motorcyclists down here are the worst I've experienced.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Share one of your pet peeves per post
Guys named "Todd."
...don't drive up the middle line in stopped traffic...
Lane splitting, yeah. Worse still when done in motion on the damn highway. It's mostly illegal here in the States, quasi-legal elsewhere, unenforceable in developing countries with a lot of scooters, and makes me want to smack a MF every time I see it. I just don't get it. It's already dangerous enough to be on a motorcycle in traffic. In America, you're in the land of SUVs. FFS, I drive a Mini Cooper and it still weighs 2,500 lbs. You really wanna tangle with a one-ton car, or a two-ton truck? Don't give me all this "watch for motorcycles!" stuff if you insist on driving into my blindspots.