Timesplitters 4

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
Given the latest rumour, and the rumours over the past months (very small ones..) who else is SUPER excited about the prospect of TS4??

I'm especially excited if it comes to Wii U, simply because the Free Radical chaps have never been shy of Nintendo, and I really think they could add in some truly unique multiplayer elements with the controller. (I should add I'm aware that not all of the employees that were at FR ended up joining Crytek UK!).

Seriously though, things like King of the Hill type matches would be insane, and that's at a bear minimum of creative thought on my part. How about cat racing on the controller but the other 4 players are trying to catch the cat??

Crazy I know, but Timepslitters is crazy. Some of the best multiplayer gaming experiences I've ever had, if not THE best. Who else is a fan??

We know that Crytek are working on Wii U kits. We know that Crytek's Chief Technology Officer has been working at Nintendo since last year.
[fade]Banana meet ape?[/fade]

"NintendoMan" wrote: [fade]Banana meet ape?[/fade]
I don't get it... oh, wait... is it possible?... hey... I think I get it... Who's the ape in this scenario again?

I haven't played any Timesplitters games, I would really like to play one next gen

Ex-Actarus

I've never been a huge an of Timesplitters game - expectthe second one on GC - they alsways seems to be a level below the other big FPS games.

That said, I would love to see the franchise come back. Always good to have more FPS around

running_in_jam

"Ex-Actarus" wrote: I've never been a huge an of Timesplitters game - expectthe second one on GC - they alsways seems to be a level below the other big FPS games.

That said, I would love to see the franchise come back. Always good to have more FPS around
=0 I'm shocked! Well, to some degree. I can understand that people may have had issues with the controls in the first two, but I know many that loved them and they were an option in the third.

But I'm shocked because to me TS3 was the best FPS around at the time, maybe some PC shooters had better graphics or something, but for pure fun factor, customisation, characters, humour and local multiplayer it was top notch.

Please note this was a rather opinionated post and probably drenched in nostalgia before written

Ex-Actarus

"NintendoMan" wrote: TS4 will come out eventually for sure. But what do you guys think Crytek is delivering THIS year for Wii U? Hmmmm?
I think Crytek will reveal the game in April.

They will reveal a new game, it's probably TS4 ( it could be Homefront 2 or Crysis 3 tough... ).

For me it's a definite Wii U launch title for sure.

running_in_jam

Wait a second guys, are you saying TS4 is dead cert in development?! It's going to be an emotional moment for me if you are, and my undergarments sure will be messy.

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
"NintendoMan" wrote: We know that Crytek are working on Wii U kits. We know that Crytek's Chief Technology Officer has been working at Nintendo since last year.
[fade]Banana meet ape?[/fade]
Crytek developing new Donkey Kong title confirmed?

It's totally a production shot, and not something I just whipped up in MS Paint 10 second ago.

The banana question was just... a question, and one that coulda meant many things at that. Hehe. Wouldn't a Crysis compilation be enough for you people!? Or something else unexpected thanks to Crytek?

Ex-Actarus

"sknygy" wrote: Never played a Crysis, but would definitely pick up a compilation. I'd love a DK in a realistic jungle like above, wud be sweet!
I've not played Crysis yet, but I played Crysis 2 on 360 ast year. That was the best FPS of 2011, hands down for me.

I can't beleive that MW3 won that title, a shame...

So that would be great to have a Crysis pack for Wii U, I would buy it day 1

"Ex-Actarus" wrote:
"sknygy" wrote:
Never played a Crysis, but would definitely pick up a compilation. I'd love a DK in a realistic jungle like above, wud be sweet!
I've not played Crysis yet, but I played Crysis 2 on 360 ast year. That was the best FPS of 2011, hands down for me.

Modern Warfare 3 was all kinds of disappointment for me. I think I'm more of a Treyarch man myself....

Ex-Actarus

"sknygy" wrote:
"Ex-Actarus" wrote:
"sknygy" wrote:
Never played a Crysis, but would definitely pick up a compilation. I'd love a DK in a realistic jungle like above, wud be sweet!

Modern Warfare 3 was all kinds of disappointment for me. I think I'm more of a Treyarch man myself....
Rumor has it that the next COD is Black Ops 2, so you will be a happy man

But I agree, the Treyarch games were better in general.

Except Modern Warfare - still the best COD for me - World at War and Black Ops were better than MW2 and MW3...

Interesting... ever play COD online? Been planning on putting together a Game Night for The Nintendo Enthusiast, and one of the games on the list is COD, either BO or MW3

As for Black Ops 2, I'll be all over that !

running_in_jam

I've not played Crysis either, but it does look great! Almost that month so hopefully it'll be something we can all get excited about

And sknygy, how's that going?? The thread got lost during the change over!

Ex-Actarus

"sknygy" wrote: Interesting... ever play COD online? Been planning on putting together a Game Night for The Nintendo Enthusiast, and one of the games on the list is COD, either BO or MW3

I'm not aCall of Duty online player at all

Actually I only play the campaigns in military shooters

That's why I would embrace a next gen where you can buy a game in kit ( campaign, coop, multi., etc... ).

"Ex-Actarus" wrote:
"sknygy" wrote:
Interesting... ever play COD online? Been planning on putting together a Game Night for The Nintendo Enthusiast, and one of the games on the list is COD, either BO or MW3

I'm not aCall of Duty online player at all

Actually I only play the campaigns in military shooters

That's why I would embrace a next gen where you can buy a game in kit ( campaign, coop, multi., etc... ).
Do you mean having "a la carte" options? If so, I think we're moving in the opposite direction with things like CoD Elite being ever more so integrated into the FPS/console experience. But I suppose that's a small side-effect of having services like Steamworks on Wii U which is outweighed by the obvious benefits those services bring with them. That said, I think most of us will be at least satisfied with the content of Call of Duty on Wii U, as Activision's public image isn't likely going from positive to a complete negative anytime soon. I do see EA doing some damage, though.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
"running_in_jam" wrote: Wait a second guys, are you saying TS4 is dead cert in development?! It's going to be an emotional moment for me if you are, and my undergarments sure will be messy.
Read NM/Source's tea leaves carefully. It's not confirmed to be in development for certain, but it's very, very likely that it will be at some point (if it isn't already). And having an ex-Crytek CTO in your stable doesn't hurt your chances of receiving the game when it drops (unless it ends up in development hell).

Ex-Actarus

"running_in_jam" wrote: Wait a second guys, are you saying TS4 is dead cert in development?! It's going to be an emotional moment for me if you are, and my undergarments sure will be messy.
It's 100% garanteed
, that's why Crytek bought Free Radical I think...

Answer in just few weeks running_in_jam

"sknygy" wrote:
"NintendoMan" wrote:
"sknygy" wrote:
Hmm, is that something that will become clear in, say, 68 days?
The outlook is Cloudy with a 100% chance of Rein.
Cryptic as ever! Not sure of a link to the game and Rein tho, only played them briefly.
No, no. I wasn't making a link to TS4 specifically, I was continuing the related FPS comments from the previous posts and your "68 days".

running_in_jam

"Ex-Actarus" wrote:
"running_in_jam" wrote:
Wait a second guys, are you saying TS4 is dead cert in development?! It's going to be an emotional moment for me if you are, and my undergarments sure will be messy.
It's 100% garanteed
, that's why Crytek bought Free Radical I think...

Answer in just few weeks running_in_jam
AHHHHHH!!!

*goes to change pants*

You better not be joking around, Ex-Actarus, or I'm holding you responsible for my disappointment!
haha

Is that an indication that they aren't already?

running_in_jam

"sknygy" wrote:
"running_in_jam" wrote:Wait a second guys, are you saying TS4 is dead cert in development?! It's going to be an emotional moment for me if you are, and my undergarments sure will be messy
Is that an indication that they aren't already?
What am I saying? They're always messy. I'm a tramp.

And it seems I skim read most of the comments the last time I ran through here and just took note of the one I liked! I will remain cautiously optimistic and I will indeed keep a spare pair of undies on me this month. But I will also be prepared for disappointment...*readies sleeping pills*

Ex-Actarus

The big reveal from Crytek will be Crysis 3

We should have more info on the 16th of April.

It seems we will have to wait for a TS annoucement...

running_in_jam

='( Ex-Actarus, you are the bringer of bad news...

Surely...surely surely surely Timesplitters would be the freshest and most imaginative FPS that could surface from the plethora of grey, dull military shooters that everyone is complaining about. This is genuinely upsetting

"NintendoMan" wrote: TS4 will come out eventually for sure. But what do you guys think Crytek is delivering THIS year for Wii U? Hmmmm?
Are you hinting at an exclusive or just Wii U ports of Crysis 1&2, because if its the latter then I'm not interested, but if its the former bricks will be shat.

"lAZY wrote: [S"]
"NintendoMan" wrote:
TS4 will come out eventually for sure. But what do you guys think Crytek is delivering THIS year for Wii U? Hmmmm?
Are you hinting at an exclusive or just Wii U ports of Crysis 1&2, because if its the latter then I'm not interested, but if its the former bricks will be shat.
Maybe exclusive, maybe not. The answer might or might not already have been guessed by you or any poster in this thread. It's a secret project for one or more reasons. It's possible that you hopefully won't have to wait very long to find out.

running_in_jam

Look! Crytek is watching the fan reaction over TS4 possibilities!! Everyone go nuts!!

The CEO is unsure of how big the community is, and how they would release the game. The two reddit posts below deserve attention!!

CEO of Crytek:
https://twitter.com/#!/RealtimeCevat

Two reddit posts
http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comme ... e_want_it/
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments ... _support//

Timesplitters community forum
http://timesplittersportal.com/index.php
http://timesplittersportal.com/index.ph ... 008.0.html

I went as far as to write a Timesplitters poem for them, which can be found on the Timesplitters community forum...yep, I'm a pansy

running_in_jam

Double post BAM!!!! I got a response from the timesplitters poem I emailed to Cevat

Hi,

thanks for your email and Poem
..check my tweet, share and retweet it in one place..so we can truely size it.
thx
Cevat

THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE ENTHUSIASM!!!!

running_in_jam

Bots were amazing! I used to enjoy melting 15 snowman who are all trying to hunt me down.

Other features of Timesplitters that are greatly missing from other first person shooters: Monkey curling. Cat racing. Bricks as weapons and a sock, as a character. They called him Mr. Socky.

If anyone wants to help the cause for the recent Timesplitters 4 rumblings, this Facebook group has received 1500 likes in two days thus far: http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ

Timesplitters 4 would be the most original and humorous first person shooter to be released in about 6 years. It needs to happen!!

Ex-Actarus

Bringing TS should be a no brainer for Crytek.

IMO they are making a mistake to just bring a downlodable title.

Still, i would take that anytime.