Titanfall Beta runs at native ’792p’ resolution on Xbox One, may increase with final build

GaemzDood

I saw IGN's comparison. The only difference is that the Xbox One version looks darker. Console owners shouldn't lose any sleep over it. Now for the 360 version...

PlsRespond420

I saw IGN's comparison. The only difference is that the Xbox One version looks darker. Console owners shouldn't lose any sleep over it. Now for the 360 version...

PlsRespond420
Nah it barely looks better than the 360.

Anyway. I'm going to say this.

I really like Titanfall's bones. It needs more meat.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Anyway. I'm going to say this.

I really like Titanfall's bones. It needs more meat.
I think that's a pretty good assessment. On one hand I appreciate that the game is not trying to give the player as much "content" as Infinity Ward did with Modern Warfare 2 compared to MW1, rather keeping the weapon and perk variety simple. But on the other, I do like having lots of customization options for weapons, like in Battlefield 4, and it would be cool to have some of that in Titanfall. Then there's the fact that there's not much variety in game modes. It's very pared down in that aspects, with 2 modes being almost identical (pilot hunter and attrition). And the fact that there's nothing like a single player or challenge mode also reduces the variety.
But I personally love what is there already. I love how I still feel so far away from finding out how high the game's skill ceiling is, or whether the game is unbalanced the way Call of Duty is. The variety of pilot and titan mechanics result in gameplay opportunities so diverse that it will be a long time before I begin mastering any specific aspect of it. I love feeling like there are so many tactical opportunities left to explore in a first person shooter.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
For the tech nerds.

"Originally we weren't planning on an Xbox One version of the game. I'm certain that having an Xbox One version has made our PC version much better - it justified the effort in moving to DX11 and even 64-bit," Baker says. "I think in the future that's going to continue. The higher-end [graphics] cards are always going to be able to do more, but a lot of the bottlenecks - especially on PC - are more CPU and with DX11 you can have the GPU do a lot more that the CPU did previously."

Baker cites compute shader technology here, reeling off a list of examples where tasks traditionally run on CPU are instead run on the graphics hardware via DirectCompute. Bearing in mind the lack of DX11-only engines there were before next-gen console arrived, the transition to the newer API is welcome, and even older DX11-capable graphics cards should benefit.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-titanfall-tech-interview

Goodtwin

DD finnally did their framerate test. Drops into the mid 20's at times, and has screan tearng. For all the crap Wii U has taken, are we really supposed to believe X1 is that much more capable? This was an exclusive with backing from M$. Not impressive at all.

Of course, it's a PC game. But, it runs fairly and looks similar on teh One. Eurogamer/DF just want to make it seem worse than it is to get clicks. The bigger problem here is that MS used the PC versions visuals to hype the hell out of the game to sell the console.

There's always that one outlier.

Personally, I think those are terrible reason to take off points. I would have loved a single player mode, but obviously this game isn't trying to be a single player game, so they shouldn't act like it failed to be one. That's like taking off points from a single player only game for not having multiplayer. Or this:

Tucker

“Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”
I don't know when I'll be hitting up some Titanfall, what with my Mass Effect saga on PC and ESO starting this Sunday, but we'll definitely get some parkour action in at some point.

GaemzDood

The way they converted this reminds me of Black Ops & MW3 on Wii. They cut the graphical quality (missing titan eject animation for instance), a few features, and the framerate, but they still managed to convert it to underpowered hardware successfully and re-created the experience excellently. Difference this time is that the 360 has a lot of great online shooters built for it as opposed to the Wii, which mostly didn't have jack shit...hence why all of the Call of Duty games (save for 3) ended up being some of the best Wii titles ever.

Lol'ing at contrarians on Tapatalk

Last edited:

EvilTw1n

Last edited:

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

The way they converted this reminds me of Black Ops & MW3 on Wii. They cut the graphical quality (missing titan eject animation for instance), a few features, and the framerate, but they still managed to convert it to underpowered hardware successfully and re-created the experience excellently. Difference this time is that the 360 has a lot of great online shooters built for it as opposed to the Wii which mostly didn't have jack shit...hence why all of the Call of Duty games (save for 3) ended up being some of the best Wii titles ever.

Pretty much what I expected it to be

GaemzDood

Although I'm beginning to utterly despise their coverage, here's DF.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-titanfall-xbox-360-performance-analysis

@GaemzDood - Seems you were dead-on with the COD reference. Titanfall's native resolution is pretty much last-gen COD, although the framerate is jumpier (I'd opt to cap it at 30). But overall? The whole thing is pretty much intact.
I was moreso referencing Call of Duty on Wii, considering how they took a game that was originally (well, this version anyways) on next gen systems and successfully downported it.

EvilTw1n

I was moreso referencing Call of Duty on Wii, considering how they took a game that was originally (well, this version anyways) on next gen systems and successfully downported it.
Oh, I know. And chopping the framerate down to 30 fps fits in with that.

It's just kinda interesting that the resolution downgrade pretty much puts it on par with what COD has been doing on the 360 and PS3 for years.

GaemzDood

Oh, I know. And chopping the framerate down to 30 fps fits in with that.

It's just kinda interesting that the resolution downgrade pretty much puts it on par with what COD has been doing on the 360 and PS3 for years.
You can choose to not lock the game at 30 FPS, and it fluctuates between 32 & 60 FPS normally (think CoD on Wii U). However, there's less tearing at a 30 FPS lock. Either way, it's an excellent port.

Tucker

“Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”
If I was to play it on 360 I'd definitely opt for the framerate cap as well. Heavy fluctuations in framerate are why I got into using RadeonPro in the first place - if I can't maintain 60 I'd much rather lock to something like 40 with modern vsync and take the odd cadence over the drastic changes.