TITANFALL ON TNE

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Yeah because recording and editing a vid using written and rehersed dialog as well as clip reels and footage is so much easier than just typing what you have to say on a message board.... You're full of it dude... You are a plug whore....
By all means, plug away.... But don't pretend that's not wtf you're doing.... And quit lol'ing after everything you say.... It makes me want to punch you.... lol/irony....

ZyroXZ2

Yeah because recording and editing a vid using written and rehersed dialog as well as clip reels and footage is so much easier than just typing what you have to say on a message board.... You're full of it dude... You are a plug whore....
By all means, plug away.... But don't pretend that's not wtf you're doing.... And quit lol'ing after everything you say.... It makes me want to punch you.... lol/irony....
This is how I know you have no idea what you're talking about...
It IS easier, because writing walls of text by hammering it out in one go is only something an infant would do, and leads to many a flawed post (and I'm not talking typos here). I take the same amount of time to re-read, re-write, and read over the long posts I used to do back in the older days and could take 15-30 minutes on a single "thought-out" post. It takes me 7-10 minutes to record 2-3 minutes, and editing is probably the only real difference, but since I've had much practice with that in the past, also goes by rather quick, especially on a PC like mine with an SSD.
Besides, I sense salt in your wounds, but from what I cannot tell. I don't know you, have nothing to do with you, and prior to your uncalled for insolence in this thread, had nothing against you. God forbid you're foolish enough to MAKE an enemy out of someone who has done nothing to you...

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Didn't say he was doing anything wrong.... Just said he was a plug whore.... Which he is.... He is using this forum just like the many other sites he uses to spread his channel.... Not really much else to it.... Is that wrong...? Depends on who you ask....
I'm not saying it's wrong....
But I am saying it annoys me when outsiders are so well recieved here when they are simply using this site for their own gains and not really ever interested in actually being part of the TNE community....
Who knows.... Maybe Zyro might decide this place is worth more to him than just a dumping ground for links to his vids and the occasional post.... If that ends up being the case.... Then maybe I'll turn the other cheek....
But when dude posts in my thread not to talk about his experiences playing Titanfall or drop his gamertag to make friends and perhaps play some games online with TNE CREW, but posts simply to advertise his fucking youtube channel in hopes of gaining more views, then yeah, I get annoyed....
While that shit might not annoy you Ace or anyone else for that matter, it annoys the hell out of me.... It reminds me of the spam you find in youtube comments.... It's the anti me and everything I stand against.... If he did this in his own thread or somebody elses thread I would never say anything.... But he did it here so.... Had to let this fool know how I feel about that shit....
Either be real and post here, or fuck off.... That's just my take on the matter....
Which means very little.... It's just how I feel.... And trust me Zyro.... We might not be enemies, but we sure as hell ain't friends either....
Not like it matters.... He's free to post whatever he wants wherever he wants here on TNE.... And rightly so.... But that doesn't mean I have to like it...

I gotcha. I don't like it when people just join to spam their channel and never participate in discussion, but your thread did say this: "IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO POST ABOUT TITANFALL, THIS IS THE PLACE TO DO IT.... THIS THREAD IS OPEN FOR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING TITANFALL"
So I would say he WAS following your rules. And he typically does do more than just plug himself, but that's just me, I still gotcha.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I think a lot of people around here like Zyro.... I on the other hand, don't.... And I guess you are right about me saying that this is the place for TF anything, but how many times do you think he has posted that post, on how many sights, saying the exact same thing he posted here, all in hopes of gaining views on his channel...?
Probably quite a few....
I remember when I used to cross post certain things on IGN and here on TNE.... Then I came to my senses and made a choice to make everything I post exclusive to TNE because I felt it was cheapening what I was posting by simply posting it in multiple spots just to get more views....
I decided that the reason I started recording vids and such was simply for you guys here on TNE, not for your views.... But because you guys are my friends and I care what you think....
It's just a lot different than me going around the internet spamming my vid everywhere I go.... I take pride in that fact.... And I'll never fucking sell out so bad that being view friendly means enough to me to do that kind of shit....
I don't monotize anything I post on youtube or anywhere else.... I make zero fucking cents trying to do this shit.... And I don't ever want to make money doing it.... It's from the heart....
If somebody likes something I post here and wants to share it because they like it, that's totally ok with me.... But I'm not going to cheapen wtf I do and my message just so I can become popular on youtube or within the gaming community.... Just fuck all that....

I agree, I do appreciate those who post exclusive content a little more. I kind of see it the same way as publisher developing exclusive content for platforms I own. But I guess once in a while we need our quality multiplats. Lol I dunno :p

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I agree, I do appreciate those who post exclusive content a little more. I kind of see it the same way as publisher developing exclusive content for platforms I own. But I guess once in a while we need our quality multiplats. Lol I dunno :p
That's a great analogy actually.... But I don't expect almost anyone to really understand my feelings on the matter.... I just look at things very differently than most others when it comes to all this shit.... It's part of the reason I stopped doing The NES Ninjas....
There are just certain things I am unwilling to compromise on.... I'm bullheaded as hell apparently.... For better or worse....
Some people come here looking to make friends.... Others come looking to make fans.... I'm the former....

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
This game's matchmaking is making it really hard to keep enjoying the game. All the inbalance was tolerable and even cute during the first few days when everything was so fresh and new, but now that people are starting to play more seriously, everything gets undermined by the god awful matchmaking system. I just came from a match against a team with a G2, G4, and G7 players, on the same team. Another time I had 4 enemies on the opposite team past the first generation, while of course no one in my team was past it. It's really often that I see at least 2 more G people on the other team than on mine.
I think the reason why is that the game does matchmaking on your teammates than on your opponents. So for example, when I'm the one starting a lobby, the game first finds all my teammates, and only afterward tries to find my opponents.
This game's unbalance also needs to be addressed soon. In attrition, you practically never see close matches. I think it's been no more than 5 matches that have ended with a 10 point difference or less in my 100+ matches (or could be up to 150 now, haven't checked). Moreover, there are matches where I only get killed by the smart pistol, and a lot of times. That thing is an absolute abomination, and should have never been balanced for PC the same way it was for the Xbone.
I hope this shit gets addressed in a patch very soon now, because I'm losing my desire to play this game with every passing day.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
This game's matchmaking is making it really hard to keep enjoying the game. All the inbalance was tolerable and even cute during the first few days when everything was so fresh and new, but now that people are starting to play more seriously, everything gets undermined by the god awful matchmaking system. I just came from a match against a team with a G2, G4, and G7 players, on the same team. Another time I had 4 enemies on the opposite team past the first generation, while of course no one in my team was past it. It's really often that I see at least 2 more G people on the other team than on mine.
I think the reason why is that the game does matchmaking on your teammates than on your opponents. So for example, when I'm the one starting a lobby, the game first finds all my teammates, and only afterward tries to find my opponents.
This game's unbalance also needs to be addressed soon. In attrition, you practically never see close matches. I think it's been no more than 5 matches that have ended with a 10 point difference or less in my 100+ matches (or could be up to 150 now, haven't checked). Moreover, there are matches where I only get killed by the smart pistol, and a lot of times. That thing is an absolute abomination, and should have never been balanced for PC the same way it was for the Xbone.
I hope this shit gets addressed in a patch very soon now, because I'm losing my desire to play this game with every passing day.
you're just as likely to land on a good team as a bad team. it's not wrecking my experience. in my.......... experience, i've landed mostly the team that squashes bitches. we should get on that TNE shit so we can all squash shit together!!!!!!! [..]

i just used that cause it's the coolest emote available.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
What is that emote even supposed to be? Like some kind of 80s cartoon cybernetic rock man?
i think it's to signify awesomeness, but who can really be sure?

i'm gonna use it as the official titanfall emoticon. it's pretty fitting.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I think Jueg brings up a good point about the skill ceilling in this game.... The way it shot up so incredibly fast is kind of jarring.... It went from everyone being equal to noobs vs verterans in a matter of days....
In fact that pretty much mimics the experience I've had with every single COD game I've played online....
I have been finding success with just trying to slow down my play style to be more careful, and not just charge head first into the battle without observing it a bit first....
Rather than go down burning in flames.... I have been thriving on losing teams simply by slowing down my play style and not playing for my team to win, but for me to just have a decent game....
My suggestion would be if you are getting wookie pa nubbed, just slow it down and take your time.... You will be surprised by how much better a time you have....

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I'm thinking we need to set a day and time each week to play online together.... So we can meet up at least once a week to play.... Not sure what day or time would be good for this though....
Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome....

I've never been a big fan of FPS, maybe it's because I suck at them or just can't get a good sense of control over them but every time I look at TF, I wish I could just connect with this genre. It looks so good! Did that make any sense?

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I feel like that in helping Microsoft sell XBONES Titanfall is also hurting itself by being an exclusive game.... Like COD, this game would be a strait up contender for best selling game of all time had it been cross platform for all consoles....
I feel like the exclusivity is actually holding Titanfall back in many ways.... But that's good for MS.... The fact that so many people want this game for other consoles is good for them.... But it will hurt this games appeal to the masses....
If this game were out on all consoles, last gen and next gen, almost everyone would be playing it imo....

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I feel like that in helping Microsoft sell XBONES Titanfall is also hurting itself by being an exclusive game.... Like COD, this game would be a strait up contender for best selling game of all time had it been cross platform for all consoles....
I feel like the exclusivity is actually holding Titanfall back in many ways.... But that's good for MS.... The fact that so many people want this game for other consoles is good for them.... But it will hurt this games appeal to the masses....
If this game were out on all consoles. last gen and next gen, almost everyone would be playing it imo....
I can agree with this totally. If it was across all platforms it would be the new CoD.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Its appeal is that broad.... And being exclusive just narrows that appeal.... It's like daggling a carrot in front of a hungry horse to get it to move....
MS wants you to move over to the XBONE.... And it'll keep teasing you with that carrot until it gets you where it wants you to go.... But man, when you finally bite into that carrot.... It'll be fucking delicious....

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Just think about this.... Titanfall runs on the SOURCE engine, but isn't availible on STEAM.... It's made by the guys who built COD at Activision, but it's being published by EA.... It's an XBONE exclusive, but it's on PC so it's not....
There is really a huge dichotomy about TF.... Fucking game can't make up it's mind....
There can be no denying this games appeal though.... It has blockbuster status written all over it.... If it ever comes to other consoles soon enough it will sell like hotcakes.... But the question is will it be too late for people to care by the time it does...?
It is already running on borrowed time due to the fact that it literally runs on last gen tech.... Meaning this will be one of teh first next gen games to look dated when compared to others a couple of years from now....
Knowing EA the plan is to go multiplat anyway, probably was all along....

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

I feel the exclusivity thing was to get off the ground

I mean, Respawn only has so many resources.

Its like what Nintendo did, make an HTML 5 framework so they can make the game before they get onto the shop

But god damn shacking up with EA was not a good decision, at least Microsoft's servers help the game.

Tittyfall runs like crap on the Bone. Lol.

Even now Titanfall has a really damn fine base, now it just needs more content and that's what Titanfall 2 will bring, but with it being handled by EA, you know they're gonna fuck it over at some point and I doubt it will ever be on the WiiU. Lol.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
If this game were out on all consoles, last gen and next gen, almost everyone would be playing it imo....
the next one will probably be multiplat

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I want to find that part where LSB saves my life by dropping a Titan on another Titan that was about to kill me.
EDIT: I think it's at about 7:30, give or take. I didn't remember the thing exactly, but now I see that what was happening is that I'd been holding that corner for a bit, and when I was running out of health and being forced to back up, I laid some smoke to escape, and just as the titan that was following me stepped into the smoke, LSB's titan dropped straight on him, killing him instantly. Then we proceeded to rule those streets with 4 titans.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
LSB said in the video, "it's cool how they nail this mix between american design and japanese design". Hell yes, I was thinking the same thing earlier today. But I noticed it looking at the characters and their uniforms. It was like a combination of designs you see in american, japanese, and chinese designs. I don't know where I get the "chinese" part from, but I got a feeling. The artists that worked on this game did a great job, for characters but especially for architecture. I'm not so sold on the mechs, but I don't hold anything against them either. But the architecture is great.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Maybe it's just wholey an Asian influence.... But whatever you want to call it, it's there.... I think it adds a great aesthetic to the game.... And I have to be honest, I love the mech designs in Titanfall....
There is this wierd balance between paying homage to things like MechWarrior and Battletech and classic Japanese Manga type mech designs.... It's all very Pacific Rimmy.... Which is a great thing....
They have found a way to make this game look very different even though it still feels extremely familiar.... Like it stays true to its source of inspiration, but also feels fresh and new at the same time....

Odo

Titanfall for Wii U is coming
:D :D :D :D
http://couchjockeyz.com/titanfall-releasing-on-wii-u-alongside-xbox-360-version/
:D :D :D :D
April fool?