**TNE Podcast Discussion**

haha, oh man, I like how it kinda went silent when Matt likened Bob to "a young coon", lol. I should be there just to laugh at the jokes, no matter how unintentionally racist they might be.

Menashe

Awesome podcast guys. I usually have it playing in the background while working on other things but now there's actually a reason to watch the video.

haha, oh man, I like how it kinda went silent when Matt likened Bob to "a young coon", lol. I should be there just to laugh at the jokes, no matter how unintentionally racist they might be.
:))

Old news, but the thing with the NFS intros is that you really shouldn't press any buttons until you see your HUD pop up. I noticed tons of times if I held down the accelerator before anything happens, the game will knock you back way behind the other racers.
also Cubits is taking me down in all those races, lol.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Yeah, the accidental racism was pretty hilarious. Like I told Matt, I knew right away that he'd just chosen poor words there, but I didn't want to be first to laugh out loud, and I was also waiting to see if Cubits, being british/australian, had (mis)understood the same thing I did.
There's also a saucy, naughty bit very close to the end of the podcast, don't miss it!

EthanGK

The blunder from down under
Yay! I'll most likely listen to it in a couple of days, if not then, next week. Or watch it, by what you guys are saying :) Juegos... the naughty bit won't be someone getting licked will it? :))

Cubits

Yeah, the accidental racism was pretty hilarious. Like I told Matt, I knew right away that he'd just chosen poor words there, but I didn't want to be first to laugh out loud, and I was also waiting to see if Cubits, being british/australian, had (mis)understood the same thing I did.
There's also a saucy, naughty bit very close to the end of the podcast, don't miss it!
I loved how that came out. I just about burst out laughing after the 0.01s of panic had passed and i knew what he was referring to. Then it was a case of "I really had no idea that young raccoons were any more wild than older ones...".

And the other bit of colourful discussion towards the end was put there as a reward for anyone patient enough to listen to the whole thing.

I was thinking of doing a stop-frame animation bit at the end, but realised i would run out of ideas too quickly if every episode got multiples. But there's definitely something saved for the next podcast! ;)

This episode gets much closer to my projection of how a youtube podcast should be handled. The medium is justified because the video is actually relevant to the discussion, and what isn't so directly relevant is either useful for impressions of the game, some mad kelbi stunning skills on display (tri veterans ftw!), or a bit of cheeky fun.

I think i have one more trick for making the audio a little better for next time, though. :>

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Your video editing Cubits is top notch I now can help but to watch the videos there very engaging. Love at the end how you did the MH quest complete.

You and Jueg was on freakin point excellent excellent discussion. I'm soured on this podcast for myself just cause of the raccoon reference. It sounds bad even tho I didn't mean it in anyway except in a destructive young animal.

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
Great podcast guys! :D I was only able to listen to a portion of it for now, but Cubits you're doing a great job with the footage and the overall presentation! It's great and it's good that you guys are getting a lot of interest with it!

I'm looking forward to listening to the rest! :D

I will be the hero to stop Bob's reign of terror. **==
Once I access my Wii U again that is... :-w
It won't help. He's out of control.
Unfortunately, I'm revealing one of my E3 hype gifs, but I imagine that someone could replace "Nintendo" with "Bob" and "Sony" and "Microsoft" with "juegosmajicos" and "mattavelle" lol

AniGamer

TNE Clan Owner
I will be the hero to stop Bob's reign of terror. **==
Once I access my Wii U again that is... :-w
It won't help. He's out of control.
Unfortunately, I'm revealing one of my E3 hype gifs, but I imagine that someone could replace "Nintendo" with "Bob" and "Sony" and "Microsoft" with "juegosmajicos" and "mattavelle" lol

Haha, I love it. It's hilarious.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.

I love all the E3 gifs that came out of NeoGaf during E3 2012, this one included. Though if I remember correctly, it originally wasn't supposed to mean that Nintendo was destroying Sony and Microsoft, rather than Nintendo's show was a even worse wreck than Sony's and Microsoft's.
That's how they went from this:

to this:

EthanGK

Oh God Matt... I'm 11 minutes in and I think I can guarantee I just heard the most awkward thing that's going to come out of this.Has yet another meaning in Australia though:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Oh God Matt... I'm 11 minutes in and I think I can guarantee I just heard the most awkward thing that's going to come out of this.Has yet another meaning in Australia though:
WTF IS THAT ETHAN!?!

(And yes it was awkward and I'm still quite embarrassed my it. Tho everyone who has heard it thinks its the funniest thing ever)

Also it gets worse for me Ethan I couldn't budge a giggle outta Cubits or Jueg hardly all night. Not mad tho there still my boys.

EthanGK

It's Coon cheese. Their slogan is "Australia's Tastiest Cheese". The cheese is nice, but it's really awkward. It's actually named after one of the founders and has been around since the 1930s and they've had to live with the jokes ever since then.
Can you live with your joke for that long, Matt?:)) Hahaha, don't worry about it Matt, you could tell that you genuinely meant no harm by it. Except for the fact that you started talking about roadkill afterwards, it kinda sounded like you wanted to run over some young... raccoons.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I tried to make light has much as possible thru the damage control of "so now that we're talking animals what about road kill?!?"

But alas it was of no avail, I will try and keep from such "hillbilly" comments in the future. It just caught me off guard cause I thought that Jueg and Cubits would know what I'm ment.

Next time I should find out what species of animal are native to there respective lands before making a joke about an animal that they may have no idea what it is.

And yes I can live with it, I'm a good sport. I've lived for awhile now and have stuck my foot in my mouth way harder than that little hiccup.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
So let me ask you guys a question: which podcast have you liked best so far, and why?
My personal favorite:
This last one. It was the most comfortable for us to do, and I personally didn't even realize we'd been talking for over an hour when we realized we should be wrapping it up. It also has the highlights of the young coon incident, and the naughty bit at the end. Not to mention the games we talked about have been amazing for us.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
As just a listener I also enjoyed the newest one (episode 3) the best for all the exact reasons you listed Jueg. And it was the most comfortable too perform.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Too edit my first post a bit about my favorite so far. Let me add that I thought Cubits editing with all the community stuff was very excellent. Another reason I liked this one so very much. It felt like me got alot out about TNE and what we got going here in terms of our awesome users. Seems we always get off well when talking about the greatest thing on this site, the people.

EthanGK

Just finished it now, great podcast fellas, that one went a lot smoother than the one before (apart from Matt being unable to contain himself from racial outbursts, my God if I had been there that would've been the end of the podcast. Whenever I know I shouldn't be laughing, that's when I start laughing uncontrollably), you're getting really good at this! The video complement to it was cool to see, too. I just have to ask one thing, Cubits. During the Quru battle at the end, why did you not roll? D: You were on fire and standing in water. I've never actually let fireblight take its full course, but that's probably a decent bit of damage!
Loving these podcasts, keep up the great work all of you :)

EthanGK

=)) I'm just messing with ya, Matt. I'll stop now... probably. If I recall, young raccoons are called kits, but I think it's the same for ferrets and stuff too, and you don't want to accidentally call someone a ferret, now THAT would be offensive =))

BobSilencieux

This latest podcast is definitely the best so far, imo. It was actually surprisingly awesome to be the topic of discussion for the first 10 minutes (sorry about destroying the American political system J, just as the young [strike]ra[/strike]coons did before me), but the best thing about the whole show, for me, is the video editing. Massive respect to Cubits for managing to synch the visual element with the topic of conversation throughout, even down to having a shot of the NFS box art when it was mentioned. That makes the whole production immeasurably better imo. :-bd

Cubits

SoaB, 2 hours?!
I'll have to fully watch that after April 30th when I complete all my immediate priorities.
If you view it on youtube you could use the clickable timestamps to jump to the topics.

I really should find a way of making that "feature" more visible.

SoaB, 2 hours?!
I'll have to fully watch that after April 30th when I complete all my immediate priorities.
If you view it on youtube you could use the clickable timestamps to jump to the topics.

I really should find a way of making that "feature" more visible.
Yeah that's what I ended up doing. Still gotta watch more of it later.
So far, I think this is shaping of to be better than the rest of the podcasts and I'll explain why in a bit.

EthanGK

Nice work, fellas. I'll view this tonight and post my thoughts. Thanks for keeping these up, it's a good day whenever these come out :)

EthanGK

Haha! Loved the opening, you guys have lost all trace of awkwardness and have a really great rapport now. Damn Cubits, what can't you do? [strike]International[/strike] man of mystery, indeed. Your video editing is top notch, by the way. So that PS4 render, is that what it's actually going to look like or just a tentative design? If that's real it's quite an unappealing design.

Engineers this time, huh Matt? :))
Only a little bit of the way through and I should probably sleep soon, I'll keep watching tomorrow.

So I'm taking AP Micro Economics and was shown this video and I earnestly thought Mattavelle was an AP Micro teacher: http://www.teachertube.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=24077&title=Elasticity_of_Demand

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Urghh the right channel of my headphones are broken so when I'm trying to listen to the podcast I only hear Cubits >.<
Which isn't a bad thing he's got a nice voice. Yeah tho ASuch you gotta get the other 2 coming thru aswell.

Menashe

This is pretty funny! A certain troll did his usual shenanigans of impersonating us on 4chan in order that we get tons of downvotes and hate remarks. I even was fast enough this time to actually find the thread on 4chan before it disappeared.
Of course, we got a ton of downvotes, so I had to disable the voting. But it also backfired because a lot of those guys ended up liking the podcast, leaving compliments, and we even got a whole bunch of new subscribers within a few minutes. Maybe I should consider posting videos on 4chan more often. :p
I took screen captures of the thread on 4chan so you you can finally see with the proof.
http://i.imgur.com/HvNc0LQ.png
http://i.imgur.com/ZvJ8Fg6.png
http://i.imgur.com/q8Oz99a.png
http://i.imgur.com/QNgOXNY.png

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Most companies, like Capcom and EA, pay for their own viral marketers. It's cool that we get one for free, and it's one of 4chan's own! :))

EthanGK

I've still gotta finish listening to this, I have like 10 minutes to go on it!Wow, despite the trolling people on YouTube seem to like it :D

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
It might actually be good to have this guy trollpost our stuff on 4chan like he's done at least twice now. It results in the harshest and most truthful criticism we need to keep improving.
We can be like a ancient eastern podcast, its metal tempered and folded 200 times for maximum cutting edge.
Not a serious suggestion, of course. Fuck that guy.