TNE WONDERFUL ONES UNITE UP!!!!! Part 5 - Re-Awakening

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!

YEAH!!!! YEAH!!!! TNE WASSSSSSS UPPPPPPPPPP!!!!! THAT SONG GOT ME HYPE AND THERE IS ALOT ALOT OF STUFF TO COVER SO LETS GET INTO IT!!!!

So as you all read almost a month ago in the CT Menashe announced that LiT (or Lost in Traslation) is no longer with us as the manager on the backside. Upon his exit he left behind a void that we needed people to step up and feel those roles. Thankfully we have many people here who are more than capable for such things. I told you this so that I can back track a bit now and let y'all know where I have failed myself or where and why we have been lacking and why.

We went on a string of Wonderful Ones from TNE TV, to the E3 show (which to this point I think has been the most successful). While at the time I thought "man we can just roll these things out and out community will just put them to use and eat them up". Which is my own ignorance because that is not what has happened and Im sorry for that. WHAT DID HAPPEN THO is we laid the ground work for things to come in the future without really knowing it. You see while @juegosmajicos were watching you guys and taking a break from the back while LiT was under control we just came up with these crazy ideas outta the blue and was allowed by @Menashe to implement them. And while we did do that very few of them are being used effectively which again I put on my shoulders and take the blame for.

1. So lets go over why I said all that. What is cool now tho is that while Jueg and I couldn't fully grasp the undertaking of making this thing big time, once LiT was moved Menashe came in with a clear vision for a lot of things. The TNE TV will still be used, but some of y'all may have read in the CT where Menashe wants to integrate it into the forums and front page. That way anytime someone is playing its gonna be as simple as a click and it will be right there as soon as you boot up for easy access. Now will this be happening tomorrow? No its still on the list of things to come. Will it come tho? Absolutly this is going to be an integrated part of the site away to connect us and our hobbies to one another. Jueg and I couldn't see this out just cause we don't own the site, but this is a future that Menashe wants to integrate here and all we can do now on this front is to wait until he gives the call that the switch needs to happen now. Im excited for this and hoping that in the mean time @imthesoldier @LightsaberBlues and @Karkashan don't lose a passion for this area and that you will have places to showcase without having to be hidden in a thread.

2. We had to start a writers kitchen in private for many of us to have a safe place to write, and we only wrote what we thought you guys would like to read. Again as of the past 2 months I have been slacking on my job at this. Im no writer by any means but I do have a passion for this area and I try to write while I can and hope people see that lead and write themselves. So with LiT leaving it has changed many things in the content area for the front page of the site. The biggest thing is that Jueg and I have worked side by side in the writers kitchen for the past year or so.............and I have loved that team more that words can express, Jueg is freaking awesome and thats all. In this process of moving around on the front side Menashe also has seen Juegs talents. Your boy is now the "Creative Content Director" of the front page. So while I have "lost" him, he has more responsibility on the front side.

So where does that leave the kitchen and the forums? IN AN AWESOME SPOT!!! Menashe is now allowing us here to drive the content of the site. This isn't just me, or Jueg, or Sir Nintendo, or ET THIS MEANS ALL OF US!!! WE NEED ARTICLES!!! WE NEED VIDEOS ( @LightsaberBlues your TNE Blues as of last night talking to Menashe we want them as content on the from page as well as the Ninjas..........or any other remember the e3 talk show format> Yeah that aswell) so many many many and any way you guys can think of driving the content do it or bring it up. We just ask that you use the section of the forum called "Writers Kitchen" and one of us will see it. We will also have our professional kitchen aswell with @Mike D. @CitizenOfVerona @imthesoldier @simplyTravis @juegosmajicos and myself, but there is now a huge need for all of us to get involved as Menashe wants content upon content. This is not for the future this is for the now.

3. I know some of y'all have seen @ModernSamuraiJay posting threads about having new forums on other sites. Now there is a lot in the future with all of this like a major league integration of all forums and future forums being made one day being under one roof, I just wanted y'all to know this but this is way in the future for now, but a place we will one day be headed.

4. As for Menashe and the front side whats going on. Well. Menashe is really driving and working hard to make this a viable business not only for himself, but for many of the staff here. The biggest things he has got going is 2 fold. #1 he is getting more and more into the venus and events to promote the "Enthusaist Networks" as a brand at these big events. Now and this is also way future stuff but lets say these events continue to get bigger and bigger. The great thing about having a site with people spread out is that maybe one day I can help to spear head an event in Nashville, or @juegosmajicos and @simplyTravis tackle one in Austin or @LightsaberBlues in Las Vegas. This isn't time to just think about us as a forum but we are people who are all around the world and this could be an opportunity for us to do something. NOT SAYING IT IS Im just saying as we have talked to Menashe about such things and it has come up but again way in the future stuff. Another thing that he's getting into is game development. I won't go to great lengths to speak on this as that I feel would be better suited for him, but yes there are things in development right now. They also have an office in Toranto where i know Menashe, MSJ, a intern programmer, and the site artist (i believe don't hold me to the last one tho) they are all working there.

5. As for the front side here is where things lay. Jueg has been put in as the Creative Control Director and also a huge bridge from the front to the back side a vise versa. Sir Nintendo and MSJ are heading up some features, @sknygy has been on the news and like indy interviews, @Mike D. and @CitizenOfVerona are allowed to start publishing there own stuff again on the front side and many of them are doing collabs and coming up with there own unique writings. They are literally going thru a modern day renaissance back there and everyone since the move has been really really excited with whats going on on the front side. Which again leaves me here apologizing to you guys. We are in a unique position of having an older community and this year my work has done everything to me and left my ass thoroughly kicked. In the process I have neglected letting y'all know whats been going on here, for that I am sorry. And I know it has left us all in kinda a lull and a waiting, and its messed up even double bad this year cause we have no voice chat game coming out over the Christmas break on the Nintendo WiiU. And a lot of us keep up with whats going on with the site in this way, so thats been major frustrating for me. Still no excuse and Im sorry for slacking and I hope to do better in the future keeping y'all up to date @CyanPrime

I think this just about covers it for now. Any questions or comments feel free to ask. @juegosmajicos @Menashe @Mike D. anything y'all would like to add go right ahead.

I love you TNE as you can see we will need help driving content so TNE WONDERFUL ONES LETS UNITE UP!!!!:msrs::mthumb:

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
This is all great stuff @mattavelle1 . I'm finally feeling back to normal so I'll be up and writing this weekend possibly.

Also, as far as content goes, I'm really considering starting up a Nintendo themed comic in the next month and would love to have it around here. If you are making a push for consistent readers a comic will drive views. I'll talk with y'all about it soon. I'm itching to get back in to that game.

I'm glad to see TNE is doing good and only getting better.

PS. An event sounds awesome! I live out in South East Texas 6 hours away from Austin so that may not work until the summer when I can actually do some traveling. I have a cousin that would be all about me hanging out for a week or so doing video game related stuff so it might be viable.

FriedShoes

MLG
ctrl+f "webm"
0 hits
smh.

nah j/k, this all sounds real good, love the confident direction. Now if Verizon can get their shit together and upgrade my lines like they promised almost a year ago I could lend a hand on the TNE TV end of things, which I'm very much looking forward to see come to full fruition.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
I'm not sure exactly how I'm supposed to be doing this "uniting up" thing...

So please be gentle, since it's my first time, senpai...

grimabepraised

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I guess I should try to speak some on how the creative content thing is or what, to give it more clarity.

I don't know what my title really is. I know Menashe gives me one, but it's not exactly what I do. I'd rather keep doing what I've always been doing and let the title mold around me; that entails coming up with ideas, talking to others or encouraging their ideas, finding solutions when there isn't an immediate one, and so on. Essentially, the way I worked with Menashe, Mike, and others when it was just the few of us, I try to work now with everyone on Skype. The best part is that I'm on equal ground with many others on Skype, who equally make suggestions and are critical and helpful to each other about developing and improving their work and that of each other. It's a very open and shared system in there right now, with everyone keeping equally open ears to what each other has to say.

I feel bad that the forums have been slow recently, because the environment on Skype has been booming. It's a blast in there, right now. Maybe I'm saying more than I should, but it feels like a community in there, and of course I'm speaking in contrast to how it felt before. But I still spend 90% of my time on the forums, of course, and I'm not just bullshitting with that.

About the kitchen slowing down: I guess it's just because the dynamic between the front page and the forums changed. We used to be considered a separate group. And as writers, we mostly are, since many of those who are in the Writers' Kitchen don't hang out on Skype. But it's really just like a separate wing of the same floor in a building, now. I come back here to dig content whenever we have a pressing need to put something out, but I haven't in the past two or so weeks because we've been pretty packed with content, as everyone's been busier. That doesn't mean that we can't put it all up at the same time, and we should be, it's just that when we're working to fill a daily views goal, we don't really need that many articles up so quickly. So as we kick up the site views goals a notch or two, I'll definitely be pushing out the backlog we got in the Kitchen, cause we definitely got a lot of it just basically waiting to be proofed and published.

About the proofing process: it's completely relaxed now. Everybody writes what they want, and relies on each other to proofread their work. In terms of whether an article idea is good, that's mostly self evident to the writer in terms of whether he feels passionate enough to write it to begin with, but otherwise it's just people telling the ideas to each other and helping each other say more meaningful things. So it's actually more like the dynamic we had in the Kitchen spread to Skype, not the other way around (even though it arose spontaneously there).

I don't know if I'm leaving anything out, I'm not sure. Anyway I don't consider myself a "content director", and I don't think anyone on Skype considers me like that either because I don't present myself like it. I think we're all having our own titles just morph around us, and finding more organically what each of us is better at.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Can I write more stuff now?

Or am I too bloggy for the site?
You write what the hell you wanna write Co "fuk the police" V!

Seriously write what you feel comfortable writing and like Jueg said we will all read it before it goes up or whatever. It's a 100% more positive environment. Feel empowered!

I read your Zelda thing this morning and I really enjoyed it. We will let ET and Jueg take a peak tho and go from there. But yes write be creative, feel the flow, ride the bull. Work it, work it!

EDIT: @simplyTravis let's get together in the private writers kitchen and talk about this comic strip. Sounds really exciting could be very very cool. And a thread and we will start finding out what direction you wanna go with it.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I'd also like to take a few minutes and talk about my side of things. I have two articles right now in the planning stages, which my peeps in the Writer's Kitchen know about, but right now I'm going to keep what those are under wraps for the rest of you. I have one that is about 50% finished, and the other requires a lot more research before I can even post the rest of it. I also have other article ideas in the wings.

My biggest thing over the last 6 months has been the amount of work I've been doing with my job, pulling 10-12 hour days on most occasions, and then I follow it all up with my Martial Arts, so I've been busy as all get out. But ultimately, I haven't managed my time better to allow for other things in my life. I sometimes will spend way too much time on the interwebs instead of focusing on my projects, so I have to fix that.

I still have my video project for F-Zero GX to even start, followed by other video projects I have in store, and of course the writing aspect on TNE. It's been a slow goign road for myself over the last 6 months, especially sicne at the beginning of the year, I felt more engaged with all of you before I got my job, but in the end, I have to pay the bills.

But anyway, as I've mentioned before time and time again, I have no intention of backing away from my projects, or TNE. I am here to stay, and you can quote me on that. As long as TNE exists, I will be riding along side providing support when I can.

First things first is I am going to force myself to finish my one article, and get that posted to the guys, and then tackle the other one shortly afterwards.

Off to get ready for work guys. Bye for now!

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'd also like to take a few minutes and talk about my side of things. I have two articles right now in the planning stages, which my peeps in the Writer's Kitchen know about, but right now I'm going to keep what those are under wraps for the rest of you. I have one that is about 50% finished, and the other requires a lot more research before I can even post the rest of it. I also have other article ideas in the wings.

My biggest thing over the last 6 months has been the amount of work I've been doing with my job, pulling 10-12 hour days on most occasions, and then I follow it all up with my Martial Arts, so I've been busy as all get out. But ultimately, I haven't managed my time better to allow for other things in my life. I sometimes will spend way too much time on the interwebs instead of focusing on my projects, so I have to fix that.

I still have my video project for F-Zero GX to even start, followed by other video projects I have in store, and of course the writing aspect on TNE. It's been a slow goign road for myself over the last 6 months, especially sicne at the beginning of the year, I felt more engaged with all of you before I got my job, but in the end, I have to pay the bills.

But anyway, as I've mentioned before time and time again, I have no intention of backing away from my projects, or TNE. I am here to stay, and you can quote me on that. As long as TNE exists, I will be riding along side providing support when I can.

First things first is I am going to force myself to finish my one article, and get that posted to the guys, and then tackle the other one shortly afterwards.

Off to get ready for work guys. Bye for now!
This is exactly what I was talking about when speaking on being in "a unique position with an older community". Your post here shoulder is gonna happen to us here especially from Spring - Fall. That's why it's crucial for us during the winter time to have games with voice chat and why this winter hurts so bad in that area. Your fine tho the same thing happened to me over this year and why I haven't been able to keep up. On me tho I can't use that as an excuse because I took on the role to head the community and I need to make time for it.

All great sounding stuff! I don't exactly do anything to help, I'm no writer. I just come to TNE and hang. Though if there's anything I can do just say. I use Skype everyday and stuff. Even if it's just playing more games online or w/e iono.

#TeamTNE :mthumb:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
All great sounding stuff! I don't exactly do anything to help, I'm no writer. I just come to TNE and hang. Though if there's anything I can do just say. I use Skype everyday and stuff. Even if it's just playing more games online or w/e iono.

#TeamTNE :mthumb:
Which is great and we know for sure. We need regs and people just hanging making this place as awesome as it is. This is all you Chris and we thank you!

Sure that's all I really do. I'll happily mod if need be like when the site get's bigger and stuff. Maybe I can organize more tournaments like my Smash 3DS one? Who knows.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I was listening to this at work earlier today because it was so epic (also helped my speeding through paperwork), and it made me think of this thread. We are an unstoppable force, TNE. Team! UNITE UP!

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'd love to get in on that skype stuff, but no one has invited me to the group yet :<
I'm only apart of "site suggestions". Other than that I just do private IM on Skype. The "offices" back there are just for work. If they were that much fun I would be in them all, but it's just work honestly. And I don't think there is like a "technical" Skype group cause we usually just handle all that 1 on 1.

Nice rally call Matt! The front end could really use some help from the community in driving more features and content. Not only on NE but on any of the Enthusiast gaming sites so don't be shy to write about anything gaming related that you love!

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
I'm looking to jump in the fray at some point next week or this weekend. I just gotta make it through this week alive. The week before a holiday as a teacher is hard to explain. Just imagine you have a Coke can that has just been shaken up in your living room next to your nice tv and computer then it starts having a pinhole leak. The energy from the pressure of the carbonation wanting to get out is building and one false move can make it go from a small steady stream of uncontrollable mess to a full blown disaster at any moment. All you have to do is make it to the sink all the way in the kitchen but everything in your house from your dog to your cat to wires and skateboards seem to be in the way. One false move and BOOM!

That is how it will be at my job for the next 3 days and has been the last 2. Once this is over I've got an idea for an article and a quickie cartoon/comic thing. Kind of like a political cartoon style that might be interesting.