TNE's October/Halloween Thread

Happy October TNE. I fucking love this time of year. I adore Halloween, the horror movies, horror games, dressing up and going to a sloppy ass party (the good kind of sloppy ass mind you).

This thread is for anything Halloween/Autumn related. Watched a horror movie? Discuss it here. Playing a scary game? Keep us updated here! Watching a Christmas movie or waiting for winter? Than fuck off.

I don't know if many people on the forums get into it as much as me, but we got a thread at least.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was a rotating room, I think they used it for this death scene as well

And fun fact, I think the same set was used in The Stuff

NES_Dreams

Best time of year, yep. I spent most of my life in NY and New England, and nothing beats Autumn in that neck of the woods.
Chilly and overcast as I write this...ideal time for Stephen King stories and 70s/80s horror flicks. :cool:

Try these gems, if you haven't yet:

Tourist Trap
Return of the Living Dead
Creepshow
The Shining (Kubrick)
Carrie (70s)
Friday the 13th part 2
The Thing (50s and 80s versions)
Day of the Dead
The Funhouse
Dawn of the Dead (original)
Ray Bradbury Theatre
Night Gallery
Hellraiser
Twilight Zone
Dolls
Demons
Candyman

And my favorite film for this time of year, the outstanding 'Dark Night of the Scarecrow'.

"Bubba didn't do it! Bubba didn't do it!!" Those rotten, evil bastards...

I'm gonna ask everyone to put videos and such into spoiler tags. It just makes things easier.

Also, fucking love Creepshow. It's on the list I got made

NES_Dreams

I'm gonna ask everyone to put videos and such into spoiler tags. It just makes things easier. OP can get away with it :p

Also, fucking love Creepshow. It's on the list I got made
Sorry, man, but I'm still learning the stuff....dunno how to do the "spoiler tag". Feel free to remove/alter that post in any way you see fit.

I was looking at that new Fatal Frame game. Apparently it's coming out here on the 30th...

The same day as Shovel Knight.
I don't really understand releasing games on the 30th. If it's a scary game, you'd think you want to spend a week on it leading up to Halloween. It's like releasing a Christmas movie on Christmas day. Once the 26th hits, who really gives a shit anymore.

Sorry, man, but I'm still learning the stuff....dunno how to do the "spoiler tag". Feel free to remove/alter that post in any way you see fit.
On the bar above the space where you write your post, next to the floppy disc icon is "insert". Just highlight your picture or youtube URL, click insert and select spoiler tag.

It's no big deal, but if everyone is gonna post videos and pictures, that's 50 posts per page of videos to load, it can make surfing these types of threads a pain since it'll slow it down.

Metroid Fusion is one of my favourite games ever and my overall favourite Metroid, dat SA-X basically. The game builds fear and suspense very very well. Sp00ky. My channel will be doing some Halloween related videos so I'll share the ones I'm in.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Spoilers don't help the site load better bro. But I got an actual suggestion in the CT.

In the meantime, enjoy this non-spooky opening music for the spookiest of games.

Spoilers don't help the site load better bro. But I got an actual suggestion in the CT.

In the meantime, enjoy this non-spooky opening music for the spookiest of games.
Damn it Jueg, does Menashe secretly pay you to make me look dumb?

I only brought it up cause @repomech requested another thread to be tidied up with spoiler tags, I guess I misunderstood. I don't have a problem with embedded videos, I just thought they would load the page faster. My mistake.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Need to finish RE: Revelations, so that'll be on the top of my list. I also want to start Alien: Isolation, and that I plan on recording everything, including voice, and just maybe my face as well for the full effect...and also because I have no shame in showing my scared face during moments.

I also have System Shock 2, another game which I've never played before.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I'll be doing the same.... Playing Halloween themed games this month I mean....

Not that I expect anybody to watch....

Luigi's Mansion
Demon's Crest
Ghouls N' Ghosts
Super Catslevania IV
Eternal Darkness

And a lot of horror themed PC games....

Like....
Amneisa: The Dark Decent
Aliens games
Doom 3 BFG Edition
Alan Wake
Dying Light

And more....

Should be a fun month of games and scares....

Boo!

Last edited:
So is anyone dressing up this year?

I can't think of much, I always have this problem. Once November hits, I'll have a million ideas. Right now, I'm thinking of a Splicer from Bioshock. Just get a white dress shirt, suspenders, a masquerade mask, a wrench or toy pistol. I'll probably make a blood splatter on the clothes and possibly a bloody hand-print on the shirt. Should be fine I suppose.

FriedShoes

MLG
Not really, I'll probably just zipper up my face or go to one of my makeup artist friends and get something gross done there. Wear a Mario cap for the kids.

Or I'll probably be stuck working.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!

I can't think of much, I always have this problem. Once November hits, I'll have a million ideas. Right now, I'm thinking of a Splicer from Bioshock. Just get a white dress shirt, suspenders, a masquerade mask, a wrench or toy pistol. I'll probably make a blood splatter on the clothes and possibly a bloody hand-print on the shirt. Should be fine I suppose.
Yeah ima dress and act like this dude.
WTF lol what is this crap)

NES_Dreams

AMC is showing a bunch of King stuff....Silver Bullet is coming next! A favorite of mine, based on 'Cycle of the Werewolf'. I recommend both.

Side note: The town where my father's family is from, WhiteHall, has long been a hotbed of Sasquatch activity. On the border of the Canadian wilderness, it seems feasible enough. WhiteHall is also known for being 'The Birthplace of the US Navy' as well as having a creepy castle/manor that is infested with specters.

Displaced werewolves, The US Navy, restless castle dwellers, and Sasquatch....there must be a connection that I'm missing....

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown

I love Halloween and dressing up!
We go to a big Halloween Gala/Bash every year, and we base our costumes around the theme.

3 Years Ago it was Nightmare Tales (dark fairy tales), so I went as a male version of Red Riding Hood, actually Red Riding Hood: Werewolf Hunter. Leather pants, dark red floor length hooded cloak, black t-shirt with slash marks, fake blood, bloody axe, etc.
2 Years Ago it was Disco Bloodbath, so we went as Roller Disco Zombies. Short shorts, headbands, all the gore and make up, and I even made these leather covers that fit over sneakers and went up our leg that made it look like we were wearing roller skates. (I figured actual roller skates and heavy drinking was not a good idea)
Last year was Midnight on the Bayou, so we went as sexy voodoo priests. My favorite part, besides the skull make up, were the skull-topped canes and tophats.
This year is Paranormal Prom, so I think we're going as 1970's dead prom kings. Blue tuxedos. One of us with his throat slit, and the other with a bullet wound in his forehead.

I love Halloween and dressing up!
We go to a big Halloween Gala/Bash every year, and we base our costumes around the theme.

3 Years Ago it was Nightmare Tales (dark fairy tales), so I went as a male version of Red Riding Hood, actually Red Riding Hood: Werewolf Hunter. Leather pants, dark red floor length hooded cloak, black t-shirt with slash marks, fake blood, bloody axe, etc.
2 Years Ago it was Disco Bloodbath, so we went as Roller Disco Zombies. Short shorts, headbands, all the gore and make up, and I even made these leather covers that fit over sneakers and went up our leg that made it look like we were wearing roller skates. (I figured actual roller skates and heavy drinking was not a good idea)
Last year was Midnight on the Bayou, so we went as sexy voodoo priests. My favorite part, besides the skull make up, were the skull-topped canes and tophats.
This year is Paranormal Prom, so I think we're going as 1970's dead prom kings. Blue tuxedos. One of us with his throat slit, and the other with a bullet wound in his forehead.
That all sounds badass. I never attempted to do makeup, but I want to. I think my favorite costume I ever did was Slenderman two years ago. Not because it's hard or anything, but because it turned out so well. I'm a relatively tall skinny person, so when I put on the white mask and stood far away partially behind a tree or something, it just looked so good (at least from the pictures).

This year, I'm stepping it up with the blood splattered clothes, so maybe at this rate I'll work up to make up in 5 years or so :p

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
I already put this in the CT, but LazerHawk (introduced to me via @LightsaberBlues) has a pretty good hard synth/80s horror movie album (buy it here).

Should be a fun month of games and scares....

Boo!
Good list. :mthumb:

For anyone looking for a spooky (but not necessarily scary) game, check out Fragile Dreams (you can read Alex's write-up of the game here). I'm tempted to replay it. And I think @juegosmajicos was spot-on about the game being a bit ambitious/ahead of the curve for what it asks of players in regard to gameplay vs. narrative. I bet this game would be reviewed differently were it to be released now.

Last edited:

Aki

Metroid Fusion is one of my favourite games ever and my overall favourite Metroid, dat SA-X basically. The game builds fear and suspense very very well. Sp00ky. My channel will be doing some Halloween related videos so I'll share the ones I'm in.
I'm actually playing this right now. Great game so far. I just met SA-X a bit earlier in my playthrough. Now I know where Mike got his icon from.