TNE's October/Halloween Thread

Just picked up a copy of Creepshow. October is officially here.

They didn't have Night of the Creeps though :(

edit:........aaaand I bought Night of the Creeps on Amazon for 30 dollars...

....help me...

Last edited:
Just watched Corpse Bride for the movie night me and a few people got going on. But now it's my turn to pick my movies for them to vote on.

My choices are:
Creepshow
Night of the Creeps
Trick 'r Treat

Aki

Beat Evil Within a few hours ago. Game was legit scary. It's funny because my rule for horror games is to always play them when it's dark out, but this game was legit scaring me. Still pulled through with it, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Beat Evil Within a few hours ago. Game was legit scary. It's funny because my rule for horror games is to always play them when it's dark out, but this game was legit scaring me. Still pulled through with it, though.
What did you think of it? Did you like it more or less than RE5 and 6? Personally I thought it was great, it got a lot of shit when it came out but I always thought it was the RE4 sequel I wanted all along. An Evil Within 2 would be really great.

Aki

What did you think of it? Did you like it more or less than RE5 and 6? Personally I thought it was great, it got a lot of shit when it came out but I always thought it was the RE4 sequel I wanted all along. An Evil Within 2 would be really great.
I agree with you, man. I too thought that the game was great! Sure, the game has some issues that prevent it from being top notch. It's still great, though, but I thought that it could've been excellent. Off the top of my head, I can remember having performance issues on Xbox One earlier on before a few patches. The graphics could've been better. No replay chapter, at least I can't find it. The forced letterbox which was updated later to support fullscreen, but the HUD still stays in the same places. However, none of those really hampered the game for me. I definitely enjoyed it more than the recent RE games; 5, 6, and Revelations. It definitely felt more like that sequel to RE4 that I've always wanted. It's evident that there's so many similarities between the games. You play as a cop. Ruvik is betrayed by Jimenez, who's working with a secret unknown organization (Umbrella). During the final boss fight, you're given a rocket launcher. After beating the game, you unlock a machine gun and rocket launcher.

The story was pretty good imo even though I felt like it tried to come off as being a lot deeper than it really was. I really liked the way that the game was directed as well. The boss fights were pretty challenging, especially, since I went after all of the optional achievements associated with them. Difficulty wise it was pretty tough on survivor. I died 111 on my first playthrough. Plus, I felt like you needed to conserve ammo more so than in most other games. I pretty much wasted all of my ammo for my power weapons during the final part of the game.

As for talks of a sequel, I think there is going to be one. I'm not sure how much of the story you understood or looked into, but in the end, it seems like Ruvik has finally transferred his mind into a capable host, Leslie. Hence why he's still able to affect you even after you exist the hospital and why he's able to teleport and disappear. Also, as I partially mentioned earlier, you find out towards the end that he was betrayed, so I'm sure that he'd want to exact revenge. I'd certainly welcome a sequel, however, I wish they would take their time, do their due diligence and really polish the game next time around.

Last edited:

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I agree with you, man. I too thought that the game was great! Sure, the game has some issues that prevent it from being top notch. It's still great, though, but I thought that it could've been excellent. Off the top of my head, I can remember having performance issues on Xbox One earlier on before a few patches. The graphics could've been better. No replay chapter, at least I can't find it. The forced letterbox which was updated later to support fullscreen, but the HUD still stays in the same places. However, none of those really hampered the game for me. I definitely enjoyed it more than the recent RE games; 5, 6, and Revelations. It definitely felt more like that sequel to RE4 that I've always wanted. It's evident that there's so many similarities between the games. You play as a cop. Ruvik is betrayed by Jimenez, who's working with a secret unknown organization (Umbrella). During the final boss fight, you're given a rocket launcher. After beating the game, you unlock a machine gun and rocket launcher.

The story was pretty good imo even though I felt like it tried to come off as being a lot deeper than it really was. I really liked the way that the game was directed as well. The boss fights were pretty challenging, especially, since I went after all of the optional achievements associated with them. Difficulty wise it was pretty tough on survivor. I died 111 on my first playthrough. Plus, I felt like you needed to conserve ammo more so than in most other games. I pretty much wasted all of my ammo for my power weapons during the final part of the game.

As for talks of a sequel, I think there is going to be one. I'm not sure how much of the story you understood or looked into, but in the end, it seems like Ruvik has finally transferred his mind into a capable host, Leslie. Hence why he's still able to affect you even after you exist the hospital and why he's able to teleport and disappear. Also, as I partially mentioned earlier, you find out towards the end that he was betrayed, so I'm sure that he'd want to extract revenge. I'd certainly welcome a sequel, however, I wish they would take their time, do their due diligence and really polish the game next time around.
Agreed on all fronts. By the way, the DLC is pretty tight as well. The first DLC can get a little tedious because there's no fighting at all, but the second one's a lot of fun. And the new monster is fucked up scary. Man it's funny that I only said it was the sequel to RE4 I always wanted, because it also is the sequel to Silent Hill 3 I always wanted, in a way. Konami should have handed Silent Hill over to Tango Gameworks a long time ago, but now I guess we'll never get that. Well if Bethesda is interested in keeping Evil Within as a franchise, it'd be nice if they can get Akira Yamaoka for the next one, even though EW already had pretty nice music direction.

EthanGK

The blunder from down under
I love Halloween. Slutty costumes, throwing eggs and spooky scares. What's not to love?
I'm going to a local theme park's halloween night on saturday (they run every weekend for the month). They're always a blast. My sister went to the one at Universal Studios in LA last year and apparently our one is way more scary even though it has a lower budget so I'm keen :)
Speaking of Evil Within ^(jueg) this event had a maze designed after that game by the actual game designers prior to the release of it last year. Apparently it even had spoilers of things that were in the game that weren't known yet. I never followed or played EW so I don't know but I'm keen to see if there's anything like that this year.

We don't do Halloween anywhere near as much as the US so I'm always a bit jelly every year. I make myself feel better by throwing eggs.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I love Halloween. Slutty costumes, throwing eggs and spooky scares. What's not to love?
I'm going to a local theme park's halloween night on saturday (they run every weekend for the month). They're always a blast. My sister went to the one at Universal Studios in LA last year and apparently our one is way more scary even though it has a lower budget so I'm keen :)
Speaking of Evil Within ^(jueg) this event had a maze designed after that game by the actual game designers prior to the release of it last year. Apparently it even had spoilers of things that were in the game that weren't known yet. I never followed or played EW so I don't know but I'm keen to see if there's anything like that this year.

We don't do Halloween anywhere near as much as the US so I'm always a bit jelly every year. I make myself feel better by throwing eggs.
Nice to see you Ethan! :mhug:
How's everything going for you?

Just watched the original Evil Dead. Not as gory as I remember it. Some parts still get to me, like the pencil in the ankle bit.

Years ago, I watched Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness before 1, so I love the series when it mixes comedy and horror. Evil Dead 2 is one of my all time favs. That said, I do appreciate Evil Dead 1. It can be campy at times for sure, but the pacing, camera work and sound design are all great. Gotta love the stop-motion effects in the climax. Some parts made me jump.

I do find the constant laughing of the deadites annoying at times though. Good watch for those who haven't seen it yet.

EthanGK

The blunder from down under
Most definitely less busy but hopefully just as good, lol. How's Uni treating you?
Good to hear, mate. Uni is good. Chugging steadily towards finals now which is always intimidating.
Just watched the original Evil Dead. Not as gory as I remember it. Some parts still get to me, like the pencil in the ankle bit.
Man I hate scenes where something happens to ankles or wrists, it always gives me that full-body cringe.

So my plans fell through tonight, so I decided to boot up Shadows of the Damned. Good stuff so far. I heard it was pretty easy, but the end of the first chapter was that good ol' RE4 tension that really cheered me up haha.

I look forward to playing and seeing more of this game

Went over to a friend's house tonight and we watched Evil Dead 2. God I love that movie so much. So many memorable scenes and quotes. I wish I could make a movie like that. Then one of my friend's put on this Mexican film called The Brainiac. Total B-grade schlock. We watched the first 20 minutes, then skipped the rest for the monster moments. We watched the ending, and it's probably the most abrupt ending I ever saw. Like, wow.

One good thing that happened tonight was driving over to the place. I live in a rather new subdivision of the city, so there's no big trees around here, i.e. no leaves falling or changing colours. The route I took tonight though was full of trees, and the roads had lots of blowing dead leaves about. Now it feels like the Halloween season. It's the little things.

Also played more Shadows of the Damned earlier. Super fun and funny. It's not the most polished game, as to be expected by Suda 51, but I'll be damned if I'm not enjoying myself.

Dead Space is great for sure.

So I started playing Resident Evil 4 yesterday, and for the lulz I shot the Merchant and it actually hit him.....and killed him. I am now restarting my game.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
1 was special and the scariest thing I ever played. 2 I really really liked just not as much as 1. 3 can fall off a cliff I wouldn't bother
Dead Space 1 was the shit, and yes, quite scary. If you ever get the chance, playing the game with only the default weapon is a worthwhile experience. It's similar to playing RE4 with only the weapons you start with and find along the way.

And I almost forgot, I also have The Evil Within on Steam. Damn. TEW, System Shock 2, Metro Redux, Painkiller: Gold Edition, Alien: Isolation. I have quite the library of games on Steam to start and finish.

And then there's Fatal Frame coming out later this month, so there's plenty of horror games out there. I prefer not to watch horror movies though...

Aki

I got like halfway through Dead Space, but never finished it my first time around. My second time around, I was so baked trying to play it and it just wasn't sitting right with me so I stopped. I'll eventually get around to beating it for the achievements.

RE4 is an all-time GOAT title. I fucking love that game. I've beaten it over 30 times and I think that at one time I might've been close to the world speed record. I had all of the levels and collectibles memorized, even the ones not listed in the guide.

Anyway, alongside Witcher 3, which is not one of my "Halloween" titles, I'm currently working on Majora's Mask. I just finished the snow temple and am doing some exploring. At first, I wasn't really sure what to make of the game, but it's definitely starting to grow on me and stand out. I have to say, it's pretty dark for a Zelda game, especially, with the amount of people who die just so that you can get their mask. Another thing, I really like the time system in the game. It makes you plan your movements and really be as efficient as possible. Once I finish up Majora's Mask, I'll probably move on to Doom 3: BFG Edition. Was gonna play it on PC, but I think I'll play it on 360 for the chievos.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
We're going to a "horror experience" called Screamageddon on Saturday. What makes this experience different from other haunted houses that the actors are allowed to grab you and haul you away from your group, lock you in a cell, etc. We're excited!