To Be Infinite - 2018 Games Completion Thread

Karkashan

Married to Chrom

This thread is for one very specific purpose; to keep track of all the games we complete during the year of 2018. Post the games you complete throughout the year and under the spoiler I'll do my best to have an up to date list of all the games you post in here. (up to date process will probably be once a week)

Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii U)
Cuphead (PC)
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (PS3)
Sonic Mania (NS)
Pokemon Crystal (3DS)
Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (3DS)
Make A Good Mega Man Level 2 (Fangame)
Mega Man: Dr Wily's Revenge (GB)
Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Planet X2 (C64)
Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)
Mega Man ZX (DS)
Detective Pikachu (3DS)
Pokemon Colosseum (GCN)
God of War (PS4)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (100% Souls/Map) (NDS)
Pokemon: Ruby (GBA)
Pokemon: Sapphire (GBA)
Pokemon: Emerald (GBA)
Pokemon: Fire Red (GBA)
The Stanley Parable (PC)
Metroid Prime (GCN)
Persona 5 (PS4)
Tales of Berseria (PS4)
Tales of Zestiria (PS4)
Batman: Arkham Origins (PC)
Batman: Arkham Knight (PC)
Dragon Blaze (NS)
Star Fox (SNESCL)
Super Metroid (SNES)
Metroid Fusion (Wii U)
Resident Evil 5 + Lost in Nightmares + Desperate Escape (PS4)
Monster Hunter: World (PC)
AM2R - Another Metroid 2 Remake (Fangame)
Resident Evil HD (PC)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna The Golden Country (NS)
Mega Man 11 (NS)
Shikhondo (NS)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy X (PS2)
Owlboy (PC)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS4)
Hitman: Codename 47 (PC)
Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)
God of War (PS3)
God of War 2 (PS3)
Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS4)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (PC)
God of War 3 (PS4)
God of War: Chains of Olympus (PS3)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PS3)
The Evil Within 2 (PS4)
Duke Nukem 3d: 20th Anniversary World Tour (PC)
Lara Croft Go (PC)
Neon Struct (PC)
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (PS4)
Contra: Rebirth (Wii)
Oniken (PC)
Steamworld Dig 2 (PC)
Last of Us: Remastered + Left Behind (PS4)
Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage (PS4)
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
Gunman Clive (3DS)
Super Mario Land (3DS)
Hitman Go (PC)
Tomb Raider (2013) (PS3)
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia (3DS)
DOOM (PS4)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3)
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (PS3)
Bloodborne (PS4)
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (PC)
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando (PS3)
Painkiller: Black Edition (PC)
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)
Nier Automata (PS4)
Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)
Wonderboy: The Dragon's Trap (PC)
Max Payne (PC)
Mega Man 7 (PS4)
Mega Man 8 (PS4)
Mega Man 9 (PS4)
Mega Man 10 (PS4)
Super Metroid (Wii)
Resident Evil HD*** (PS4)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (PS4)
Resident Evil 5 + Lost in Nightmares + Desperate Escape (PS4)
Tomb Raider (PC)
Shadow of the Tomb Raider* (PS4)
Uncharted 4 (PS4)
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (Wii U)
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)
Mega Man 11 (PS4)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (NS)
Celeste (NS)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS)
Limbo (NS)
Octopath Traveler (NS)
Picross S2 - NS
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (NS)
SteamWorld Dig 2 (NS)
DOOM (NS)
Form (PC)
Detroit: Become Human (PS4)
Dangan Ropa (PS4)
Danganropa 2 (PS4)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (NS)
DOOM (NS)
Resident Evil: Revelations (NS)
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (NS) The Struggle + Little Miss DLC
ARMS (NS)
Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS)
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (3DS)
Super Mario Odyssey (NS)
Pokken Tournament DX (NS)
Kamiko (NS)
Thumper (NS)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (NS)
Layers of Fear: Legacy (NS)
Kirby Star Allies (NS)
Quake 4 (PC)
Fire Emblem Warriors (NS)
Metroid Prime (GCN)
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (NS)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GCN)
Octopath Traveler (NS)
Mario Tennis Aces (NS)
Luigi's Mansion (GCN)
DOOM (NS)
Kamiko (NS)
Super Mario Odyssey (NS)
I Am Setsuna (NS)
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon* (NS)
Monster Hunter XX (NS)
Hollow Knight (NS)
Super Metroid (Wii U)
Metroid Fusion (Wii U)
Okami (NS)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna The Golden Country (NS)
Hyper Light Drifter (NS)
Blossom Tales (NS)
Metroid Prime (Wii U)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Wii U)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii U)
Floor Kids (NS)
Quake 1 (PC)
Where In the World is Carmen Sandiego? (PC)
The Adventures of Hyperman (PC)
Nine Parchments (NS)
Bayonetta (NS)
Bayonetta 2 (NS)
Typing of the Dead (PC)
Typing of the Dead 2 (PC)
Okami (NS)
Thimbleweed Park (NS)
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine (PC)
DOOM (NS)
Monster Hunter XX (NS)
Hollow Knight (NS)
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (PC)
Portal (PC)
System Shock 2 (PC)
Bloodborne (PS4)
Shenmue (DC)
Steamworld Dig 2 (NS)
Pillars of Eternity (PC)
Nine Parchments (NS)

Please remember to type out your game title as Insert Game(Platform Abbreviation) (example: Mega Man 5 (NES)) Please do not italicize or bold it or anything like that, as it can bork the formattting

(NES) Nintendo Entertainment System
(SNES) Super Nintendo Entertainment System
(N64) Nintendo 64
(GCN) Nintendo Gamecube
(Wii) Nintendo Wii
(Wii U) Nintendo Wii U
(NS) Nintendo Switch
(GB) Game Boy
(GBC) Game Boy Color
(GBA) Game Boy Advance
(VB) Virtual Boy
(DS) Nintendo DS
(3DS) Nintendo 3DS
(NESCL) Nintendo Classic
(SNESCL) Super Nintendo Classic

(PS1) Sony Playstation
(PS2) Playstation 2
(PS3) Playstation 3
(PS4) Playstation 4
(PSP) Playstation Portable
(Vita) Playstation Vita

(Xbox) Microsoft Xbox
(360) Xbox 360
(XB1) Xbox 1

(Mobile) Games on Phones
(PC) Games on PC
(C64) Commodore 64

(WS) Wonderswan
(NG) Neogeo
(NGP) Neogeo Pocket
(NNG) Nokia NGage
(3DO) 3DO
(SMS) Sega Master System
(SG) Sega Genesis
(SS) Sega Saturn
(DC) Sega Dreamcast
(GG) Sega Game Gear

What counts as a completed game? This is mostly open to personal judgement, but if you see a credits sequence more than likely I'll say you've beaten the game (fighting games being an exception due to their nature, however they can be completed if you beat a dedicated story mode and/or the arcade mode with all characters). Episodic games only count after you finish the last part of the game, although there are some exceptions to this. Certain expansions, spinoffs, or DLC's can count as their own game, but a lot of times I would prefer to stick them on as an addendum to the main game instead of their own thing (so that means if you've beaten the main game this year, let me know that you have so I can put the DLC being completed on the same entry as the main one).

An asterisk * denotes a second+ playthrough (in the year of 2017). For example, if I beat Mega Man 5 in January 2018 and March 2018, I'd get the *, but if I beat it in December 2017 and March 2018 it would just be put up normally.

-Note- I either have to know you from another site before you joined TNE or you have to have had a semi active account for six months to be included on this list. (so basically all the old TNE crew is fine. This is just a note for potential new members)

Praise Grima Every Day

Last edited:

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
The spoiler is invisible right now because nobody's completed anything yet, but that should change here after a while.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Blossom Tales (NS)

A very solid 2D Zelda clone. It's a little on the short side, I guess comparable to Minish Cap, but unlike most indie Zelda clones, this one actually has good dungeons with a variety of interesting puzzles and challenges, as well as an overworld filled with secrets. It took me a little under 10 hours to beat, and I enjoyed it the whole way through, even if the challenge was a little low (lower than A Link Between Worlds).

I'm giving it a solid 8/10, which is high praise for how limited an indie game can be. If you're looking for a 2D Zelda clone, this is a good option at $15. I'm publishing a full review later.

simplyTravis

"A nice guy, but looks like a f'n Jedi!"
Almost had 1st! I just knocked out Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (NS)

It's a great game that I'm still playing. Definitely a contender for my personal game of the year. Now I can finally dig through the art book without worrying about spoilers!

Last edited:

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Friendly reminder:

Please don't bold or italicize your game title, since that can ruin the formatting.

Also, please spell your game title right.

First game I beat is Final Fantasy XIII (PS3). When the credits rolled all I could ask myself was "what the shit?"

Shout out to Kark for lighting the fire under my ass and making me play it.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Tonight, I finally finished it.
Skyrim (NS)

120+ hours. Finished the main quest, all major game side quests (Dark Brotherhood was my favorite), and both DLCs (I went with being a vampire, but got cured before finishing the main game).

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Tonight, I finally finished it.
Skyrim (NS)

120+ hours. Finished the main quest, all major game side quests (Dark Brotherhood was my favorite), and both DLCs (I went with being a vampire, but got cured before finishing the main game).
I've always preferred the Vampire Hunter version of that DLC. Even playing as a Molag Bal worshiping, mace crazed serial killer I just didn't like the direction that version of the story took. (also you can still become a Vampire Lord if you choose the Dawnguard)

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Spent about half of the day today just zeroed in and focused on playing Cuphead (PC).

It doesn't pull any punches, that's for sure. Great game, though.

Last edited:

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.

90 hours, and I'm still not exactly sure how I feel about the game. I only know that I don't regret one second of playing it.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I've always preferred the Vampire Hunter version of that DLC. Even playing as a Molag Bal worshiping, mace crazed serial killer I just didn't like the direction that version of the story took. (also you can still become a Vampire Lord if you choose the Dawnguard)
I'm glad I went with Vampire, because it was interesting, and it went with my whole Bow-Wielding-Assassin Thief Murderer (but yet savior of all) character. If I ever play the game again, I'll join the Dawnguard just to see what it was like.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Finally got together with a group and played through the original content from Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (PS3). It's nice to have this game crossed off my bucket list.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Final Fantasy X (PS2). That ending, gets me every time.
Rikku best girl
I was in the middle of FFX HD before I stopped playing, and was juggling around with other games (I previously played though it on PS2). Maybe I'll go ahead and finish that up after I'm done with XCX.

Then again, there are other games to play first. Hmmm...

After playing two Final Fantasy games I wanted something simple and straight forward. Finally beat Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS4). First time I played it was in college and gave up half way through. Played it with a friend before 4 came out, but I ended up letting him do most of last bit. So tonight I did it like a big boy.

EvilTw1n

DOOM (NS)

I...don't know how many hours I spent.

I...don't know how many monsters I killed.

I...don't know what the hell any of that was even about.

I just know that I want to go punch something AND SPEAK IN BRO-VOICE ARGH GUTTURAL NOISES.

mattavelle1

Crunk Ain’t Dead!!!
Switch

DooM

What a crazy frameblistering ride!!!

It was great fun turn shoot, turn shoot rinse / repeat and who doesn’t like that!?!

Also I do have to add for the Switch this game looks so great! If this is what we have to look forward to then I’m cool with that!

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Since we are on the topic of that, why the specific parameters for the formatting? Don't you just see what game someone is playing, and simply add it to the list?
It's so I can just copy and paste it to add it to the list.

Most days I don't mind re-typing things, but there are some days I'm just not feeling up to it and this rule is for that.

EvilTw1n

Kamiko (NS)

Damn fine little game. It's obviously inspired by 2D Zelda, but with twitchier, spammier, arcade-y combat, and small, curated levels (you have to find gates in each level to open up each section's boss fight; they're hidden just well enough to feel challenging). Great final boss. The game counter said I took a little over two hours, but I don't think that counts the deaths. If you know the layout of the levels and get good with dashing, you can speed run it in under an hour, I'm sure.

It looks pretty basic, but I dig the aesthetic they were going for with this pixel art. Great soundtrack. I'll probably replay it with the other characters. Seriously, you can go spend $5 at Taco Bell and regret it for an evening, or you can spend $5 on Kamiko and have a cool little game you can play in half-hour increments (for those times when you don't feel like playing for hours at a time).

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Kamiko (NS)

Damn fine little game. It's obviously inspired by 2D Zelda, but with twitchier, spammier, arcade-y combat, and small, curated levels (you have to find gates in each level to open up each section's boss fight; they're hidden just well enough to feel challenging). Great final boss. The game counter said I took a little over two hours, but I don't think that counts the deaths. If you know the layout of the levels and get good with dashing, you can speed run it in under an hour, I'm sure.

It looks pretty basic, but I dig the aesthetic they were going for with this pixel art. Great soundtrack. I'll probably replay it with the other characters. Seriously, you can go spend $5 at Taco Bell and regret it for an evening, or you can spend $5 on Kamiko and have a cool little game you can play in half-hour increments (for those times when you don't feel like playing for hours at a time).
I had started this game, got through to the second world, then quit after a checkpoint put me back before that annoying rush to the disappearing bridge section.

I should probably go back and try again. (Or maybe start over with the sword character instead of the boomerang girl)

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Hitman: Codename 47 (PC)

Pretty frustrating and dated. if you're looking to get into the older Hitman games I'd say play Contracts instead. It remakes all but 5 levels from C47.
Silent Assassin is still good shit last time I remember playing it, and don't forget Blood Money also.

EvilTw1n

I had started this game, got through to the second world, then quit after a checkpoint put me back before that annoying rush to the disappearing bridge section.

I should probably go back and try again. (Or maybe start over with the sword character instead of the boomerang girl)
There are one or two other rush sections, at least (one where you have to carry a key, so it's no rushing or defending), and they're annoying. But they're worth beating, imo.

SkywardCrowbar

Twintelle's loyal Husbando
DOOM (NS)

I went into this expecting it to be kind of a half baked, sub standard re-imagining of one of the all time great titles.

Nothing is further from that expectation!

Such fantastically fast and intense action. One of the greatest action titles ever made in my estimation.

This game is 100% worthy of the elite tier DOOM franchise.

9/10.

Last edited: