Together We Ride - 2017 Game Completion Thread

SkywardCrowbar

Twintelle's loyal Husbando
Pokemon Ultra Sun

A much more fleshed out and diverse rendition of Gen VII. Alola is just so much fun to explore and battle in, I had no problem devoting another 35 hours to it.

Pokemon on 3DS has been a pretty special time. This game is a wonderful capper to that.

9/10.

If this is the last game I beat this year it has an appropriate title. The Last Story (Wii)

2 things:
1) Therius is best
2) One of (if not the first) Wii game I played that made me want it developed for another system. Dat framerate and dem blurry ass textures. I'm not graphics snub and dips in frames aren't the end of the world, but this game was distracting more often than not. One of the few games I already own that I would jump all over a HD remaster.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
145 hours and 32 minutes later, I've finally come to point where I have finished the main story for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (NS).

It was a very intense, and very fun, 3 weeks solid with this game.

And it is currently my most played game on the system, easily outstripping BOTW.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Just finished the campaign for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PS4). Don't know what some are on about because I enjoyed it all throughout. It was a bit difficult at times, which presented some frustration on my part, but overall I enjoyed it.

Just finished the campaign for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PS4). Don't know what some are on about because I enjoyed it all throughout. It was a bit difficult at times, which presented some frustration on my part, but overall I enjoyed it.
Glad you liked it but I gotta say I found the difficulty ruined it. Stealth barely worked since the stealth sections were huge and the officers were at the end, yet your health drains so fast running-n-gunning is equally pointless.

Shoulder

Glad you liked it but I gotta say I found the difficulty ruined it. Stealth barely worked since the stealth sections were huge and the officers were at the end, yet your health drains so fast running-n-gunning is equally pointless.
I actually found stealth to be about the same as the other games, so success in some parts, and failure in others. The biggest thing I found was upgrading the one machine gun with the scope, and then it takes about a dozen shots to take down the heavy dual-wielding enemies, plus only a few for normal enemies. It became one of my most-used weapons in the game, and the pistol became more useful with both the silencer, and the magnum upgrade.

Those massive mechanical enemies I found could be avoided entirely in some areas, so to save on ammo, plus risking death was nice. I can only imagine playing this on Mein Leben mode. :mshock:

Managed to sneak one more in. Donkey Kong Country Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES). Still up there with Mega Man X as one of the best games ever.

I actually found stealth to be about the same as the other games, so success in some parts, and failure in others. The biggest thing I found was upgrading the one machine gun with the scope, and then it takes about a dozen shots to take down the heavy dual-wielding enemies, plus only a few for normal enemies. It became one of my most-used weapons in the game, and the pistol became more useful with both the silencer, and the magnum upgrade.

Those massive mechanical enemies I found could be avoided entirely in some areas, so to save on ammo, plus risking death was nice. I can only imagine playing this on Mein Leben mode. :mshock:
Maybe you're right, but considering I beaten TNO on the second hardest difficulty relatively comfortable, and I eventually knocked TNC to the second easiest (mostly due to frustration and just wanting it to be over and done with), I think something got fucked with. I don't know if I successfully did one stealth section.

Shoulder

Just finished up The Order: 1886 (PS4). Not a bad game, but left a lot to be desired. I felt the pacing was a bit dodgy at times due to the amount of times when the game takes you out of control just for a few lines of dialogue. Compare that to Uncharted where I feel the moments it takes you out of it are more evenly spaced as to not interfere with gameplay as often. I suppose if the game were a lot longer, let's say like Uncharted, then maybe the cut-scenes would've been more justified. But because the game is rather short (I think it took me like 6-7 hours or something), the cut-scenes feel more prominent. Again, might be different had the game been longer.

Obviously, graphics were top-notch, sound design and soundtrack were also very well done, plus good voice acting. Story was alright. Not great, but not bad. I love the victorian era setting (should probably give Assassin's Creed: Syndicate a go at some point). Enemies were hit or miss at times due to the AI (those heavy enemies with the armor were a bitch to deal with most of the time), and thinking about it, way too many QTE's (and perhaps my tastes have changed since the God of War days).

Not a game worth full price, but 10-15 bucks? Sure, why not.

These are all Switch games.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Picross S
Splatoon 2
Doom
ARMS
Super Mario Odyssey
Stardew Valley (I think? There might be some boss I have to fight but idk how to get there so I'm calling it at marriage and kids)
Breath of the Wild

Needless to say, my taste continues to be impeccable as all the games are very very good to fantastic. I might have completed more games but I sunk time into a lot of those games individually, including some games that arent on the list yet, like MHXX.

Switch aside, I'm gonna finish DDLC tonight but I will not count this as a game.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
(Already had BOTW on your list, Fried)

(and it's supposed to spelled DOOM) (@CitizenOfVerona can back me up on this)

Okay, so, announcement to all!

The final week of this thread is upon us, so double check your list and make sure that everything you've completed in 2017 is on there with the appropriate system tag!

All lists will be final as of 12:00 AM CST on January 1st, 2018. At that moment, any new game you complete will go to the third edition of this thread (to be posted on the 1st).

I'm hoping to have all the data from this crunched and processed by the 3rd of January (but no promises). I'm thinking about doing another games completed montage, but I may skip (not sure yet).

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
And, here, at last, we draw 2017 to a close.

Thanks to everyone who participated.

May we complete even more games next year!

--

Data will be looked at sometime tomorrow (busy with XC1 atm).

Montage is looking not likely, but I might change my mind.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom

The most completed game of 2017 was Breath of the Wild on the Nintendo Switch and the Wii U with a total of 9 completions! (6 NS, 3 Wii U)

Second place was Super Mario Odyssey, with 7 completions.

And third place was a two way tie between DOOM (2016) and Metroid: Samus Returns with 4 completions a piece.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Time for platform statistics!

From most to least

Nintendo Switch - 42
PC - 41
3DS/PS4 - 28
Wii U - 20
PS3 - 12
SNES Classic/Mobile - 6
Wii/Game Boy Advance - 3
Vita/Game Boy/Dsiware/SNES - 2
Xbox/Xbox One/Gamecube/Fangames/Nintendo 64

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Now for the individual player statistics! Surprising absolutely no one, @CitizenOfVerona won this year yet again. The full list, from most to least.

COV
Karkashan
SkywardCrowbar
Odo
SJMartin
Shoulder
bobsilencieux
Friedshoes
Mattavelle
SuperFakerBros
EvilTw1n
Repomech
Aki

Odo

Total amount of games completed was only 202 this year, about 40 games less than last year.

I'll have to double check uniques later.
I was too busy in 2017. I could have finished a few more if I had the time. I hope I will have a better work-life balance this year.