Transparency and Appreciation Update, vol 1.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Hey guys, just a quick update:

Recently we've had a few talks in the back side, mostly about the future of the site and how to move forward and such. There's not much of it that's worth saying at this point, because as I've said before, it's a long road and we're going to move slowly. But I do want to tell you guys of a small change.

Menashe recently asked me to become more involved on the back side, so that I can help with the organization moving forward. The actual result of all that was talked about is, for now, that I will be making efforts to bridge the gaps between the different communities of the site. For example, it's been noted here often before that there is a distance between what these forums are, and what the front page is. I'd like to help bridge that gap. There is also a distance between the writers here on the forums (Mike, Matt, CoV, Shoulder, LSB, Travis, Tyson, and I hope I'm not forgetting anyone), and those on Skype (only CoV is on Skype occasionally, besides me). I also want to help bridge that gap (more on that below). And there could continue to be a gap between the forums and the front page comments community, if forum integration isn't brought back.

All in all, there are multiple segregated communities on this site, both of readers and writers, and I want to help bring them closer together (without changing each of them in any harmful way). The reason for this is that the future goal of TNE is pretty grand and awesome and can not be brought to fruition if we can't move forward together.

So, changes to stuff I'll be doing: not much. I will continue spending 90% of my time here, I'll continue working with Matt as forum admin, and I will continue working with Matt and the rest of the forum writers to bring the articles and ideas generated here to the front page (and vice versa?), and I will continue working on the TNE TV and TNE gaming league stuff and all those shenanigans (rather, get back on them); but in addition to that I will be working on the kind of articles and ideas that can hopefully bring the separated communities together, and laying the groundwork for when we have to move forward with some of the crazier stuff we want to pull off.

A specific type of work I'll be starting is a series of collaborative articles between the forum writers and the Skype writers, where we choose a topic and get everyone to chime in. Sometimes it will be a roundtable, sometimes more like a message thread, it depends on the topic and number of people involved in each article. Tom, Menashe, and Matt have already suggested a bunch of other ideas to help with this, which I'll be trying out soon.

Anyway, I just wanted to put this out there so you guys get a feel for what's what with Nintendo Enthusiast these days. I hope that by being open about how we're operating in the backside we can strengthen the bond of trust between the organization and us as individuals.

------------

EDIT: I forgot to write the appreciation part of this update. You guys are awesome, keep doing what you're doing, everything's great on your end.

Love,
Jueg.

Last edited:

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Honestly, ever since comments on the front page have been disabled with the forums, I feel there's been a serious disconnect with that gpa you are talking about. I hope it's rectified soon as I think it also brings more traffic and communication.

Concerning other areas of TNE, especially as a forum writer, I hope to continue to make more quality content, and be a supportive member of the community as a whole. I cannot be involved of course with everything that goes on here of course (duh!), due to other obligations I have, but I have some grand plans myself, so for all of us, this is an adventure.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Honestly, ever since comments on the front page have been disabled with the forums, I feel there's been a serious disconnect with that gpa you are talking about. I hope it's rectified soon as I think it also brings more traffic and communication.

Concerning other areas of TNE, especially as a forum writer, I hope to continue to make more quality content, and be a supportive member of the community as a whole. I cannot be involved of course with everything that goes on here of course (duh!), due to other obligations I have, but I have some grand plans myself, so for all of us, this is an adventure.
At first I couldn't stand all that need coming thru. But once it was gone I missed it cause some of the comments were lol. I hope they come back aswell.