TUESDAY NIGHT TNE!

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
It already feels like the strats are evolving. It's so cool when you think you've got somebody's plan figured out, then they use their special in a way you've never seen before and kill you. Or when somebody jumps at you from a place you didn't even know you could reach.

Splatoon is the gift that keeps on giving.

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
Matches were fresh as ever tonight! After playing with randoms the last couple days it made me realize how freakin' great you guys are at Splatoon. I kept getting stuck with these straight up wannabe-COD players that would never ink the ground. I never have to worry about that when playing with TNE. If I lose its because the battle was too epic for me to deal with.

It felt good to get that double-roller action going with @mattavelle1 . It's always interesting to pick up on cues from each other on the fly without chatting. I don't think we lost a match when on the same team tonight. If we did it was rare....beware!

@Juegos and I were having somewhat of a Spy vs Spy match going on throughout the night. I would splat him without warning then 10 seconds later SPLAT! He'd be right back at me.

@FriedShoes is the king of duelies. I watched some of his movements on the mini-map and they were quite impressive.

@Koenig so far is has been the most helpful voice chat partner. I'm ready to get some Salmon Runs going with him.

@Superfakerbros You shoulda joined the chat tonight! I kept running into you and running away at times lol.

@sjmartin79 glad to see you join in the fun! I think at some point we just all joined your room since mine was supposedly full.

@EvilTw1n thanks for joining in the party! Good times were had good sir.

@Karkashan bring some of your IGN scrubs next week. I need some target practice ;)

Koenig

The Architect
It was fun last night. I am sorry I could not stay longer. Hopefully I can catch more games with you guys this weekend or next Tuesday.

Having voice made it much easier to actually coordinate. It was also instrumental in stopping @mattavelle1 whenever he was on the other team and got past the front lines with his roller. If you ever lose track of him, it is probably a safe bet that he is inking your base.

The trickiest player to fight had to be @FriedShoes and his perpetual dodge rolling.

was good time. Had to drop earlier than I wanted too, but I definitely had my fair share of give and take with the folks here, mostly Juegos and Travis. Really liking how we are all growing into distinct, and effective, styles. I'm, of course, still the best, but thats to be expected.

simplyTravis

GET READY Y'ALL! TUESDAY NIGHT TNE IS AUGUST 1ST AT 8PM CT! I'm out this week but there will be plenty of people around in the forums and/or the Discord voice/chat room. Find a couple friends and have at it!

TNE Tag-a-palooza: @FriedShoes @sjmartin79 @Juegos @theMightyME @Goodtwin @mattavelle1 @TheAmazingLSB @Rowdy5000 @jorgejjvr @EvilTw1n @Mr-Chris @Karkashan @Aki @BobSilencieux @Redhatdrawler @Menashe @Superfakerbros @Juegos @Koenig and feel free to tag anyone I forgot!

Check out some of the games that TNE'rs have been playing in the last couple months!

Flying Italian Plumber Shroom Trip 10-2

Wibbly Wobbly Inflatable Flailing Tube Arms Man/Woman Simulator

Squid Kid Murder Party

Fireball Frenzy II: Ultra Special Awesome Remix Shadoloo Dress Up Fight

Pi pi pi pi pi pi, PI!

Last edited:

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
might splat with you guys tomorrow.. I usually can't at the time you guys play... so who is playing tomorrow and when

I wish I could join you guys more often, but I mainly play late at night.. like 1am pst

I have been playing around 3 hours + a day though... I play until my splatfest shirt is maxed out, I scrub it for ability chunks (scrubbing splatfest tees cost like 1/15 what it normally does), then level it up again, scrub it again... then stop... and that seems to take like 3 hours... more if I am losing a lot or if finding a team is taking too long.

which btw is wildly inconsistent.. I have sat in a room with like 3 players for the entire duration of the time, seen the time rest as a 4th joins, then drops out again... sat through an entire new duration, get booted with no game... jump back in and I have a full room in 2 seconds... wtf

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Ok, i am about to jump into splatoon, and i am on the discord voice chat right now... All alone
I don't have discord yet. Join me and I think we could have full teams, Travis is out for a bit tonight (in laws). You will find us in the chat inbetween matches also

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Great matches tonight guys!
Steve2 (Steven on Splatoon) and I are headed out to nightswim before bed. He really enjoyed playing matches with you tonight. (He had the slosher)
Enjoy splatting!

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
I forgot it was Tuesday.

Even had my ethernet solution hooked up and everything.

Completely forgot and just played Nioh instead. (got the plat, though)

praisegrima

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Amazing matches tonight! Thank you all for comin out!:mthumb::mlaugh:
Agreed. Great matches! I wish I could have stayed longer, but I've found that if I play Splatoon till time for bed, it causes me to have trouble getting to sleep. So we made a new rule to stop by 9:30pm est. (We usually start around 7-7:30 if not earlier)

Look forward to playing more with you guys throughout the week.

simplyTravis

What's that in the sky? Is it a bird? Is it a squid? It's.....

TUESDAY NIGHT TNE! SPLATOON 2 CHALLENGE EDITION! AUGUST 8TH @ 8PM CT!
THE CHALLENGE:
Try one brand new weapon for 10 rounds in a row and post your Win/Lose record in the Discord Server and/or the Tuesday Night TNE thread! If you can, post a picture of your weapon stats too! Share what you learned, loved, and hated about it with your friendly, neighberhood squidbros and squidgals at The Nintendo Enthusiasts! We'll see you there!

Oh, if you have no friends, or just want to join in with a good group of splatters add TNE-Travis to your friends list and check out the pinned message on the Discord Server for some regular players friend codes. We'd love to splat you, I mean play against you!

The Challengers:
@FriedShoes @sjmartin79 @Juegos @theMightyME @Goodtwin @mattavelle1 @TheAmazingLSB @Rowdy5000 @jorgejjvr @EvilTw1n @Mr-Chris @Karkashan @Aki @BobSilencieux @Redhatdrawler @Menashe @Superfakerbros @Juegos @Koenig @Snickedy @SquidLord @Phoenix @dAndErA and feel free to tag anyone else you would like to challenge!

Last edited:

simplyTravis

I guess I could try using a blaster for once. Really not my play style in the slightest.
There are so many weapons I simply don't use because I'm primarily an up close, in your face kind of player. I think I'll step back and try out a nozzle nose or a charger tonight. Granted...the 96 gal is tempting...

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
There are so many weapons I simply don't use because I'm primarily an up close, in your face kind of player. I think I'll step back and try out a nozzle nose or a charger tonight. Granted...the 96 gal is tempting...
The .52 Gal is very much an in-your-face kind of weapon. It's best used in a John Wick style (at 4:20):

Koenig

The Architect
The .96 is almost exclusively good for long/medium range kills. It has relatively low paint coverage. Find a good spot to force your enemies back, lock the area down, paint it, and move on. It is far less versatile in close range combat now due to the inability to quickly cover land to use during said combat.

simplyTravis

*psst...hey! You know what it's time for?*

Chat with use live @ https://discord.gg/NNByz5Z

TNE TUESDAY NIGHT - BALLERS NIGHT! OCTOBER 9TH @ 8PM CT

This week we will get a round of Splatoon 2 going but you must choose a weapon with the baller as a special! They will be nerfing the baller later in the week with patch 1.4 so we are going to give it one last, explosive hurrah!

What uses the baller, you might ask?
  • Aerospray RG
  • .52 Gal
  • Luna Blaster
  • L-3 Nozzlenose
  • Krak-On Splat Roller
Calling all ballers: @FriedShoes @sjmartin79 @Juegos @theMightyME @Goodtwin @mattavelle1 @TheAmazingLSB @Rowdy5000 @jorgejjvr @EvilTw1n @Mr-Chris @Karkashan @Aki @BobSilencieux @Redhatdrawler @Menashe @Superfakerbros @Juegos @Koenig @Snickedy @SquidLord @Phoenix @dAndErA and feel free to tag anyone else you would like to challenge!

Oh, and there is this little thing called a SPLATFEST happening on October 13th.

Starting October 13th at 9pm PT!

Last edited:

simplyTravis

We may have been thwarted by Splatoon 2's maintenance time but tonight truly was a Baller's Night! Great games and times were had by all (except @FriedShoes maybe.) We started out with a few rollockin' rounds of ARMS. Next on the list was MK8 Deluxe then we ended up with our Post-Nerf Ballers Night!

I was pretty excited to chat with @SkywardCrowbar , @dAndErA since I haven't chatted much or at all with them! @Goodtwin and @EvilTw1n are always hilarious on the chat. @mattavelle1 managed to get his kid into a couple round of ARMS and he was INTENSE! @Juegos hopped in towards the end of MK8 and joined in the party with Splatoon.

I will do my best to get another round going next week! Let me know if you have any ideas.

We may have been thwarted by Splatoon 2's maintenance time but tonight truly was a Baller's Night! Great games and times were had by all (except @FriedShoes maybe.) We started out with a few rollockin' rounds of ARMS. Next on the list was MK8 Deluxe then we ended up with our Post-Nerf Ballers Night!

I was pretty excited to chat with @SkywardCrowbar , @dAndErA since I haven't chatted much or at all with them! @Goodtwin and @EvilTw1n are always hilarious on the chat. @mattavelle1 managed to get his kid into a couple round of ARMS and he was INTENSE! @Juegos hopped in towards the end of MK8 and joined in the party with Splatoon.

I will do my best to get another round going next week! Let me know if you have any ideas.
always down for a few games, any night!

simplyTravis

TNE TUESDAY NIGHT - FIGHT NIGHT! OCTOBER 17TH @ 8PM CT

This week ARMS is getting updated to 3.2! From what I hear there will be badges that can be unlocked when you complete challenges, a replay list (share the shame your opponents feel), and possibly a new character!!! If you don't have arms there are a ton of other fighting games on the Switch to kick around. Find a friend in the Discord and then beat each other senseless!

So, if you been knocked down and haven't played in awhile, it's time to get back up!

Never let them keep you down!

Calling all fighters to the ring: @FriedShoes @sjmartin79 @Juegos @theMightyME @Goodtwin @mattavelle1 @TheAmazingLSB @Rowdy5000 @jorgejjvr @EvilTw1n @Mr-Chris @Karkashan @Aki @BobSilencieux @Redhatdrawler @Menashe @Superfakerbros @Juegos @Koenig @Snickedy @SquidLord @Phoenix @dAndErA and feel free to tag anyone else you would like to challenge!

Last edited:

simplyTravis

Good games tonight! You would know that the second Tuesday Night TNE started that they would put the ARMS update live causing nobody to be online, haha. We improvised. Played some Splatoon for an hour and a half and then jumped back to ARMS. I gotta say, I haven't played with @Snickedy in awhile but that dude has turned into a beast on Splatoon! The games were pretty amazing overall. We had one match where the low score was 960....that just ain't right.

ARMS new badge system is pretty sweet. I got a ton of extra coins from my fancy new badges and earned some for punching at people tonight.

Thanks for playing tonight @FriedShoes @mattavelle1 and @Goodtwin !

simplyTravis

vroom vroom boom....... GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

TUESDAY NIGHT TNE - ROCKET LEAGUE LAUNCH NIGHT! NOVEMBER 14TH @ 8PM CT

This week we're taking a break from Splatooning for some vroom vroomin' and boom boomin'! Rocket League launches this Tuesday and we're going have quite a few TNE'rs picking up the game. Drive, jump, or fly on by to join in the fun! As always we'll have the crew in voice chat having a good ol' time!

Calling all rocketeers:
@FriedShoes @sjmartin79 @Juegos @theMightyME @Goodtwin @mattavelle1 @TheAmazingLSB @Rowdy5000 @jorgejjvr @EvilTw1n @Mr-Chris @Karkashan @Aki @BobSilencieux @Redhatdrawler @Menashe @Superfakerbros @Juegos @Koenig @Snickedy @SquidLord @Phoenix @dAndErA @ASuch @Menashe @Wolven
and feel free to tag anyone else you would like to challenge!

simplyTravis

Tonight was a blast! We managed to get @sjmartin79 to join in for quite a while, a new guy (NeoCaesar) on the Discord looking for an active gaming community, and a horde of other TNE'rs. We ran into some initial problems figuring out the setup but managed to get @Snickedy , @Juegos , @mattavelle1 , and @FriedShoes in the fray. So far, the person to watch out for is Joog...be wary. But also, don't let me get to the ball first or I will score on you.

Next week it looks like we'll be hopping back to ARMS! They have a new update with a new character so you know we gotta throw down there. We might do an hour in ARMS then an hour of Rocket League.

Also, don't forget that Splatfest is this Friday! Go team Sci-Fi!