What age were you when a Nintendo console came out?

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I honestly dare I say this thread idea comes from CyberSai "over there" @-) . Actually tho with so many new members and the regs I thought this would be a good topic to not only see your age, but your Nintendo gaming background. So Ill get things kicked off.
NES 1985 - (6 years old) I got this one for Christmas that year with Gyromite, and Duck Hunt packed in.........yes Im an original :p
SNES 1991 - (12) I also got this one for Christmas of launch year
N64 1996 - (17) This is the first console I ordered thru pre-order and picked it up myself on launch day
GameCube 2001 - (22) I camped out with my brother and was the first in my county to own it
Wii 2006 - (27) I also camped out the day before launch for this one with my brother. I was the 3rd person this launch to own one in my county
WiiU 2012 - (33) Pre-ordered, got there 2 minutes before GameStop quit taking pre-orders. Picked it up at launch
Well guys what about y'all?

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
NES - I would've been 3 years old, but I didn't get an NES until I was 6 or 7. I remember that Christmas.

SNES - Would've been 9, but I never owned an SNES. My neighbor did. I owned a Genesis. Best of both worlds.

N64 - Never owned. Would've been 14.

GameCube - Never owned. Would've been 19. I was a PS2-only guy. A downstairs roommate in college had a 'Cube, so I did get my hands on Wind Waker and Prime.

Wii - Didn't get it at launch. Was a birthday present the following April (2007) after launch. Was 25 when I got mine. Best and worst year of my life.

Wii U - Welcome to age 30, actually going out for a pre-ordered console on launch day.

NES- I wasn't born yet... I was born a little bit more than a month later. Never had one but played it on my uncle's house very often.
SNES- 5 years old when it came out but got it on Christmas 1993 when I was 8... best moment in my childhood.
Virtual Boy- lol, c'mon, never forget... I was 9... never had it... one of my friends had it and he had these horrible tired red eyes on him.
N64- 10 years old but I got it on Christmas 1998 when I was 13. Seeing those 3D images for the first time was mindblowing.
Gamecube- 15 years old, never had one because I thought that the sixth generation was only going to improve graphics and not gameplay. Thanks to the Wii I played Gamecube games and realized how good this console was.
Wii- First and only console that I bought at launch I was 20 and I waited outside a Target in freezing temperatures. Basically this was the console that brought me back to gaming and I thank Nintendo for it.
Wii U- I was 26 whe it came out but I decided to wait a year to finally buy it. At 27 I got my Wind Waker bundle and totally fell in love with it.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
NES: Wasn't around yet, but I did play it in the early 90s.
SNES: Was three when that came out, but didn't really play it until I was around 5, which is also when I started playing NES as well.
N64: Was eight at the time, and my older brothers and I picked one up from Sears I believe actually before the official street date, but I cannot confirm that. It was at or around launch I know that much.
GCN: Was thirteen when it launched, and got one that Christmas. Great little console it was, and it was the first console I owned personally.
Wii: Was eighteen when it launched, but unlike the previous consoles I waited until 2009 to get one, and also for Christmas.
Wii U: I was twenty-four when it launched, and I picked up the ZombiU bundle back in Feb. of last year. It is quite possibly going to be my favorite Nintendo console as time rolls on by.

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
I wasn't around for the NES, SNES or N64. I was 3 for the gamecube, didn't get one until I was 6 or 7. I was 7 when the Wii came out, didn't get it till 8. I was thirteen when the Wii U came out, and got it very close to release date. ^_^

Shoulder

Just don't tell that to all the pedophiles out there. They take the meaning of age is just a number WAY too far. :-&

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Just don't tell that to all the pedophiles out there. They take the meaning of age is just a number WAY too far. :-&
I meant when it comes to Nintendo age ain't nothing but a number, lol.... Good lord Souldier.... Ha....

NES (1985) - Wasn't born yet. My family had a NES before I was born, so most of my earliest gaming memories come from games like Super Mario Bros, Duckhunt, and Excitebike.

SNES (1991) - I was born the same year as the SNES. My parents got us one for my fifth Christmas, the same year the N64 was released, along with Donkey Kong Country 3 and Super Mario World. Best Christmas ever.

N64 (1996) - I was almost 5 when the N64 was released. My older brothers bought one when I was 10, the same year the GCN was released, along with Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time.

GCN (2001) - I was 10 when the GCN released. Never owned one, or any system of the generation until many years later, although fortunately my younger cousin had one a few years after it released, so I didn't miss out on it entirely.

Wii (2006) - I was 15 when the Wii came out. This was actually the first system we owned before its successor was released, as it was a Christmas present in 2007 along with Super Mario Galaxy and a couple of other games. Other best Christmas ever.

Wii U (2012) - I was 21 when the Wii U released. It was the first new home console I've ever bought on my own, which I bought early on in 2013 with NintendoLand and NSMBU. No buyer's remorse either. :p

NES (1985) - I was 6. got it when my dad won the pick 3 lottery. Picked up the mario bros/duckhunt set and Super Pitfall.

SNES (1991) - I was 12. got it for christmas with Mario World, LttP, and MarioPaint

N64 (1996) - 17, christmas gift for my siblings and I. got Mario Kart, Turok, and Bomberman

GCN (2001) - 22 picked this up at christmas with gift money. picked up Smash Bros., Luigis' Mansion, and Rogue Squadron
Wii (2006) - 27, christmas gift from my parents. Wii Sports, Warioware, Excitetruck

Wii U (2012) - 33, picked it up release day. NSMBU, CoD, ZombiU, and Nintendoland
so many great memories...

My dad said he was getting himself something for Father's Day and instead brought home the original NES. I was in first grade..... Played it all summer. Favorite NES game, Mega Man 2.

The Super Nintendo came out in 1991. I must have heard about it cause that's when I decided to be born. I think my first game I played was Super Mario World, but my first memory is popping in Donkey Kong Country and seeing that awesome Rare symbol.
I'm 22

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
same exact ages as you matt

as for when I got the systems

nes: no idea... zelda was alreayd out.. and super mario 2 wasn't yet I think
snes: again not sure.. I remember renting the system and street fighter 2 and several occasions before buying both.. I remember already having it when mortal combat came out
n64: christmas after it came out
gamecube: christmas after it came out
wii: christmas after it came out
wii u: like a week or 2 after it came out

mantisLJD

The Human Metroid
NES: wasn't born yet but i eventually played the console years later in the man cave of my father's youngest brother's first house.
SNES: wasn't born yet, but i have one in my bedroom closet that still works along with a copy of Super Metroid, F-Zero, and King of the Monsters. I also remember playing SMW, SMK, Spider-Man, The Death and Return of Superman, The Phantom 2040, one of the DKC games, and one of the three Street Fighter II games at my Grandma's house on an SNES that belonged to the same uncle who owned an NES.
N64: 1 year old and never owned one but remember playing SM64 at my older cousin's house and at my Grandma's house where the N64 that belonged to the same uncle who owned an NES and SNES is.
GCN: 6 years old and i faintly remember some commercials, but never owned one (was too content with my GBA)
Wii: 11 years old and I definitely remember seeing the "Wii would like to play" commercials and my parents bought one for my brother and i to share
Wii U: 17 years old and was suprised to get a Wii U for Christmas that year because i thought they would be hard to find like the Wii

Koenig

The Architect
NES: 0
SNES: 0
N64: 3- I was a little too young and dumb to care.
GC: 8- The gamecube was my first console, but I did not buy it until 2004.
Wii: 13- Pre-ordered and eagerly awaited, mostly because my gamecube was broke and I was going through withdrawal. This is where I really started to play a lot of games, albeit a lot of them gamecube games via backwards compatibility.
Wii U: 19- Pretty much everything about it I have already said on these forums :)>-

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
SNES: I was 1 year old. Though honestly those early years are a blur of NES and SNES for me.
GameCube: Around 11 years old.
Wii U: 22 years old.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
i don't know what i age i was when i got all my different consoles. it's been too long haha. i can remember the order i got them in though...

Genesis
PC
Sega CD
Saturn
N64
PSX
PC
Dreamcast
NES
PS2GCN
GBA
XBOX
PC
DS
Wii
PS3
SNES
Wii U
Vita - 29th birthday

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Random childhood memory:

For the summer following the Christmas NES, my family was vacationing in Florida (like we always used to do; two weeks in Panama City after the shitty Northeast winter). It was my brother's birthday, and he got The Legend of Zelda. But we were 1,000 miles away from the NES. We could only look at the gold cartridge for a week before we had a chance to play it. At this point, he was the bigger gamer, so he was more hyped.

I don't think I really became an outright Zelda die hard until I played Twilight Princess (after indulging in Grand Theft Auto for so many years on the PS2, Zelda felt like a breath of fresh air), but I remember staring at that cartridge.

Just assume I've 'Liked' all of your posts guys haha!Here's me, the UK release dates are different but eh I'm just copying Matt's template:NES 1985 - (-9) Never had a NES, neither did my family. I have obviously played NES games though, like Mega Man.SNES 1991 - (-3) Never had one ever, though I had a friend who had a SNES once. The SNES woulda been rather old though. I have vauge memories of playing Mortal Kombt III on it.
N64 1996 - (2)
Where my childhood with vidya geamz begins. Loads of memories with all the classics, OOT, Party, Goldeneye, Smash, SM64, Kart, F-Zero and more. Mischief Makers is a big one and of course the introduction of my favourite game of all time: Lylat Wars as it was called here (Star Fox 64). I was also scared of Andross as a kid, and Bowser's laugh in SM64. 2spooky4me back then. I'm alright now though!
GameCube 2001 - (7)
The middle of my childhood. Played all the classics, obviously. Sunshine, both Star Foxes (Still scared of Andross in Adventures lol), F-Zero GX, Melee, Kirby Air Ride, Mario Party 4, Double Dash, Viewtiful Joe and loads more. I also remember having a dodgeball Monsters Inc game for it lol. I also remember having to spin the game discs to make the game work and load later in it's life haha.
ine; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 18.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 252);">Wii 2006 - (12) Where my childhood ends really. Memories of Galaxy, MKWii, Mario Strikers Charged, Twilight Princess, Wii Sports and Play and more. Around 2010 (Now I'm 16 odd) and this was where my childhood naivety pretty much disappeared and I became an informed, dedicated gamer. Playing games like NMH 1 and 2, Galaxy 2, Other M, DKCReturns, Skyward Sword, Goldeneye and more! It was also with the VC I started playing old classics from NES and SNES. I'm still playing through Wii games now so this era sorta hasn't ended!
WiiU 2012 - (17)
My first console that I bought myself with my hard earned cash, felt great. I am now teh ultra el1te pr0 g4mer. Weird to say I have memories of this since I got it last August I believe but it was good (Except my annoying arse internet then lol). The first games I got were NSMBU and ZombiU, both of which I'm still playing actually (Well, NSLU really and I'm no where near finished ZombiU I think). I obviously had NintendoLand as well which is awesome. Then there's TekkenTag2, WWHD, Runner2 and more!
I am now 19 and enjoying gaming very much so! :)

lol I'm so young......................................Also don't call me a new Lakitu please, 4chan's already enough to remind me of that haha
I was born the year the N64 was released (1996). I never owned one, and I started gaming reasonably late (my parents have never approved gaming and they think it's the worst thing I could ever do. So being able to game has always been a true challenge. Oh well.
I got a GameCube when I was 7 I believe, around 2003, for my birthday. I had never really gamed before. I got Luigi's Mansion and StarFox Adventures (my personal favorite game of all time. Don't bash on it, I'd lose my mind o_O . It's all probably because of nostalgia, but I'm convinced this game had an atmosphere...)
I got a Wii a year after it launched, and it was still pretty impossible to get one as it was always sold out. That was in 2007. Personal favorites are clearly Monster Hunter Tri and Xenoblade Chronicles. Super Smash Bros Brawl as wel, but I assume it's not even relevant to mention it :)
And then I got my Wii U. Having fun with it haha
That makes me a young attractive 17 year old male <3 .

lol I'm so young......................................Also don't call me a new Lakitu please, 4chan's already enough to remind me of that haha
I was born the year the N64 was released (1996). I never owned one, and I started gaming reasonably late (my parents have never approved gaming and they think it's the worst thing I could ever do. So being able to game has always been a true challenge. Oh well.
I got a GameCube when I was 7 I believe, around 2003, for my birthday. I had never really gamed before. I got Luigi's Mansion and StarFox Adventures (my personal favorite game of all time. Don't bash on it, I'd lose my mind o_O . It's all probably because of nostalgia, but I'm convinced this game had an atmosphere...)
I got a Wii a year after it launched, and it was still pretty impossible to get one as it was always sold out. That was in 2007. Personal favorites are clearly Monster Hunter Tri and Xenoblade Chronicles. Super Smash Bros Brawl as wel, but I assume it's not even relevant to mention it :)
We're not like 4chan. I imagine quite a number of people wouldn't be here if we were. Also, you're not the youngest here either.
Luigi's Mansion is a nice game to start your gaming life with haha.
Welcome to the boards

We're not like 4chan. I imagine quite a number of people wouldn't be here if we were. Also, you're not the youngest here either.
Luigi's Mansion is a nice game to start your gaming life with haha.
Welcome to the boards
Haha no worries, I'm far from even comparing TNE with 4chan :) . And thanks! I'm having a great time on the boards so far!

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Hi All! (New to the forums) I've been a Nintendo Fan from an early age.

NES 1985 - (6 years old) I got this for Christmas of 1987 when I was in 2nd Grade with Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, and Track and Field (with the mat) all packed in.

SNES 1991 - (12) My parents said if I wanted it, I had to earn the money for it, so I sold my NES and all of my 48 games and bought the SNES at launch (and a waterbed). Bought ActRaiser to go along with system during launch window.

N64 1996 - (17) Bought this during the launch window. Growing up in rural West Virginia, it was more difficult to get to stores. Had it before Christmas and on Christmas morning, I played Mario 64 while waiting on the rest of the house to get up.
GameCube 2001 - (22) I had one of the Platinum GameCubes and kept it till my house was broken into in 2007. Thankfully still have all the games. Wii 2006 - (27) Camped out all night in 14 degree weather in the snow in Cincinnati for this one. By the time I got home, I was too cold and too tired to play right away. A nap and hot shower was in order. Then I got down to playing some Twilight Princess. WiiU 2012 - (33) Camped out outside of Target for this one. Thankfully, I was in Florida by then so our "cold" November weather was 60 degrees.

This is a great thread Matt, it may have copied another one from 'over there' but this one is much better! I love reading everyone's stories!

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
This is a great thread Matt, it may have copied another one from 'over there' but this one is much better! I love reading everyone's stories!
Sometimes you get ideas in other places. For TNE I thought this was a great idea for y'all.

I remember that my first console was the N64. My mum called me, my brother and sister downstairs, while Banjo-Kazooie was on. We played it. The first Nintendo console launching was the Wii - I got it two years later.

GaemzDood

I was a fetus when the N64 came out, and was 3 or 4 when the GameCube spawn killed Bin Laden. I was 9 when the Wii launched.

Lol such a 90s kid [dismembers limb in disgust].

Get on my Tapatalk sig level bishes.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

I was a fetus when the N64 came out, and was 3 or 4 when the GameCube came out. I was 9 when the Wii launched.

I thought people needed to be born in 95/96 to be the bar minimum of a 90's kid. Lol.

GaemzDood

I was a fetus when the N64 came out, and was 3 or 4 when the GameCube came out. I was 9 when the Wii launched.

I thought people needed to be born in 95/96 to be the bar minimum of a 90's kid. Lol.

How could you love me if you can't even eat my poop?

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q9TYUr-Teo

Shaq FU 2 is coming.

I was Born after Dankey Kang (Twas interesting to see him go Kranky). Before the Wu Tang Shmang Dwango

First manga I ever got was Jojo. First system is a commodore 64.

And this show was the tits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfpYmQS_A9k

Youtube's Slacking on the Job yo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i2_hkTy9po

I was born in 1994 but consider myself a early 2000's kid, that where most of my childhood memories come from. Yeah I remember some late 90's stuff but it's mainly the early 00's

knvx

I will never forget the first time I saw a SNES. It was on display at WalMart in Magnolia Arkansas. Some dumb kids were "stuck" in the Yoshi House level not understanding that there is no objective to that level. I remember wanting to hit those kids to get my hands on the controller. My youngest cousin who is about the age now that I was then is just like me when it comes to gaming. He takes a "I don't need ur pathetic advise, just give me the controller and get out of my damm way!!!"

Shoulder

I was born in 1994 but consider myself a early 2000's kid, that where most of my childhood memories come from. Yeah I remember some late 90's stuff but it's mainly the early 00's

I was born in 1988, and at times I feel more of a 2000s kid than a 90s one. I simply remember a lot more during 00s rather than the 90s, but I still remember the music, the clothes, the games, and movies, and such during that time.

NES, SNES - wasn't born for them yet, and never owned one of them.N64 - 1996, I was around 6 months old. Got one in October 2001 with Super Mario 64.GCN - 2001, I was 5 years old. Got one for Christmas one year later, with Super Mario Sunshine, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Mario Party 4 and SSB MeleeWii - 2006, I was 10 years old. Got one in January 2007, with a number of games, like Twilight Princess, Trauma Center and WarioWareWii U - 2012, I was 16 years old. Got one for Christmas of the same year, with Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros U and Sonic Racing Transformed.

JoshV

I was a lil 1 year old when the NES released. When I finally got the console, I initially had 3 games. Mario/Duck Hunt, Rad Racer, and TMNT. Very fond memories of each, i.e. whole body in motion to give me maximum control in Mario and Rad Racer ;))

GaemzDood

Your birth date doesn't matter. The way you live your childhood matters.

In other words, be happy you're you instead of me.

Aki

SNES '91 - (1) My first ever system. It's the first console that I ever got. My parents bought it for me when I was just born, I didn't start playing video games until I was around four. By the time that I did, I had quite the collection since my parents still bought me games.
N64 '96 - (5) My first console that I picked out for my self. I had the option of that or a PSOne, went with N64 because all of my friends had a PlayStation and because I liked Mario. I got one for Christmas the year it came out. I remember playing the shit out of Mario 64. Spent most of the gen playing multiplayer games with my friends.
GCN '01 (11) My first console that I really gamed on. Also got this for Christmas after once again having the option between this, PS2, and Xbox. My best friend got a PS2 and my other best friend got a Xbox and I really liked N64, so I got GCN. I remember getting Sunshine, Smash, Luigi's Mansion, Spider-Man, and Rogue Squadron.
Wii '06 (15) I camped out for the system even though I wasn't really looking forward to it, especially after already owning a 360 for a year. I camped for like 15 hours and got sick. Needless to say, I didn't even play the Wii after I bought it. I did start playing it more when Smash came out and towards '09. It was awesome. I had so many games to play for it and played it consistently for 3 years.
Wii U '12 (22) I pre-ordered and paid off the second that it was announced. Picked it up on launch with like 10 games. Had an excellent time with it around launch, however, I haven't played it in over a month now.

NES - was 2 when my Grandma purchased it for X-mas for my older bro and I. Think I learned to play it within 3 years or so of having it. Mario 1 would be the first game I would beat
SNES - I assume we got a launch console for Christmas, but don't remember the year we got it vs. the year it came out
N64 (13?) - brother and I pooled our dough together to pre-order - and thanks to a nice Baggages, we got it the day before it was supposed to release publicly. Of course got Mario 64 there as well.
GC - was in a no video game era of my life, got it when Sunshine launched as a bundle (no idea when that happened)
Wii (23)- launch week owner. Had it reserved at GameCrazy, but due to a "glitch" and how they "weren't supposed to do pre-orders that early", I was placed later on the list - and not getting it until Black Friday when my day 1 reserved arrived.
Wii U - launch day owner. However this console decided to disappear, so now have my current Wii U for about a month.
First post..!