What Are YOU Listening To? - NE Music Thread

simplyTravis

"A nice guy, but looks like a f'n Jedi!"
So... the one of the new characters from Splatoon 2 reminded me a bit of Yolandi from Die Antwoord.

The one on the left...

So I immediately got Fatty Boom Boom stuck in my head.

Pretty explicit lyrics and well...everything. You were warned.

simplyTravis

Anyone here interested in building a Spotify playlist? You don't need anything but a free account. Basically, just make a Spotify account if you don't have one already, click on the link below, and start adding any music you like. This thread will always be great, but a playlist does have its benefits, such as being super convenient to listen to from anywhere on either a Spotify smartphone app or through play.spotify.com.

Go nuts!
https://open.spotify.com/user/juegosmajicos/playlist/1FTm1Uf4xzeCRJDMPVPj4R
Just found it and added a few tracks. I tried to put a diverse range of junk I listen to. Granted, my music tastes range more into the punk/ska/folk-punk area.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
Anyone here interested in building a Spotify playlist? You don't need anything but a free account. Basically, just make a Spotify account if you don't have one already, click on the link below, and start adding any music you like. This thread will always be great, but a playlist does have its benefits, such as being super convenient to listen to from anywhere on either a Spotify smartphone app or through play.spotify.com.

Go nuts!
https://open.spotify.com/user/juegosmajicos/playlist/1FTm1Uf4xzeCRJDMPVPj4R
wait, how do I add music to it? I created the account, followed the playlist, but I can't add to it

Goodtwin

I'm listening to the whole Bone Thugs New Waves album pretty much daily for the past few weeks. I really love this album. I especially like this track.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
On the Spotify thing, it's definitely worth checking out. I've been introduced to a bunch of awesome bands I didn't even know existed, like the Mountain Goats.

simplyTravis

On the Spotify thing, it's definitely worth checking out. I've been introduced to a bunch of awesome bands I didn't even know existed, like the Mountain Goats.

This is great! I swear I've heard this band before but forgot their name. Thanks for sharing it.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
It's that time of the year again, and so it's back to the classics!

When I was working for Peanuts, they gave each of us copies of this, the official Charlie Brown Christmas Tree, and a few other Peanuts stuff one holiday. I still listen to this soundtrack every year.

theMightyME

this was the best song in no more heroes, the pounding beat and the way she walked as you circled her is one of my favorite gaming memories ever... up there with blowing up the tube with the super bomb in super metroid, Edgar freaking out about MMMMMMMMMMMagic in Final Fantasy 6, the conversation with Alice on the train in shadow hearts 2, Fei going Id in Xenogears, Magnus joining the party in chrono trigger, setting out into the guar plains for the first time in Xenoblade, your girlfriend slowly becoming more ravenous for your beast organ meals (with her immaculately modeled soft looking tongue which just made the sense of corruption more palpable) in pandora's tower, the first time you take flight in smb3, etc...

theMightyME

I have brought up this band (Native Construct) before as a reason why metal is the most diverse genre of music today, but I have been listening to them a lot recently... every so often I get a major queen vibe from them
does anybody else here it? it isn't the whole song, just bits and pieces, the chorus has these dynamic rests that really feel like something Freddie would use, and the vocalist is just very theatrical.