What Are YOU Listening To? - NE Music Thread

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
I am re-discovering the art of the mix tape.. decided to make playlists... never bothered much with them before.. but I thought it would be nice to random shuffle from a list of songs that fit my mood and I started remembering making mix tapes

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I am re-discovering the art of the mix tape.. decided to make playlists... never bothered much with them before.. but I thought it would be nice to random shuffle from a list of songs that fit my mood and I started remembering making mix tapes
I live by mixed music playlists. I do have my usual Classic Rock, Modern Rock, Electronic, Ambience, and even Video game playlists. And then there are times when I want to shuffle every song in my library. I do of course have specific artist playlists that I listen to a lot, but having something come on at random is always a thrill.

Just as an example, I was listening to The Who, and as I was driving through a more hilly area on the b-roads, the song I Can See for Miles came on. It was so majestic and perfect that I wish I had recorded it with my GoPro that day.

That song is also rather special to me because it just happened to be playing on my parent's Apple TV via airplay when we were rearranging stuff in the living room. The screensaver was of my brothers Flickr account, so pics of all his trips he's been on, and where he's currently living. My Mom practically cried watching and listening to that.

It's those random and off-chance moments you'll tend to remember forever as opposed to simply having a song in-order of the album.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
I live by mixed music playlists. I do have my usual Classic Rock, Modern Rock, Electronic, Ambience, and even Video game playlists. And then there are times when I want to shuffle every song in my library. I do of course have specific artist playlists that I listen to a lot, but having something come on at random is always a thrill.

Just as an example, I was listening to The Who, and as I was driving through a more hilly area on the b-roads, the song I Can See for Miles came on. It was so majestic and perfect that I wish I had recorded it with my GoPro that day.

That song is also rather special to me because it just happened to be playing on my parent's Apple TV via airplay when we were rearranging stuff in the living room. The screensaver was of my brothers Flickr account, so pics of all his trips he's been on, and where he's currently living. My Mom practically cried watching and listening to that.

It's those random and off-chance moments you'll tend to remember forever as opposed to simply having a song in-order of the album.
I mostly listen to metal and hard rock.. the new playlist i made is just called mood and contains all the deep head-spacey songs I have... the kind of stranger more atmospheric stuff that sounds like I am underwater or in an enclosed place... next I am going to create one called aggression which I will use to pump myself up when I need to take a walk or something.. then I'll probably work on some radio-esque playlists that focus more ont he specific order of songs and such... but right now I just want groups of songs to throw on random that fit what I want in that moment

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Heard this during one of John 00 Fleming's Global Trance Grooves podcasts a few days ago. When it comes to Electronic, and Trance music (like what this is), I absolutely love it.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
U2's new album, for anyone who doesn't have an iPhone.

(Will probably be taken down soon, because they apparently frown on giving free things to the rest of us.)

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@repomech and @Mike D. Was talking in the CT about some 90's music and R&B was hit on briefly. Well without to much detail this was my play list for the lady and I this morning before work. R&B was amazing in the late 80's thru the 90's

The awesome thing about this particular Keith Sweat song is that the lady vocalist Athena Cage is from my hometown. She has a street named after her just about a mile from my house now. Damn Keith Sweat had some freakin awesome music.

Nuff said. Timbaland and Aalyiah come on. Them crickets just the nicest touch. She was taken too soon she had a major league career ahead of her. This is one of my favorite all time R&B songs that beat is mesmerizing

Don't sleep on my girl Missy Elliot. Many people probably don't even know this song, back when it came out I did lots of bad things many times to this one lol. It's actually my wife and mines song (more the college years) but still. Also another Timbaland product. And the whole Supa Dupa Fly album is excellent IMO I loved it. At that time tho I couldn't get enough of anything Timbaland was touching tho.

Lately I've been listening to David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust album and Radiohead's The Bends. The former is pretty solid but isn't quite fully clicking with me, but it's still pretty great. The Bends though is a fantastic album and I'm glad I decided to start listening to Radiohead in the first place; will move onto OK Computer soon.

I made another thread for music discussion but it died, I don't care as long as there's a thread we can talk music in haha.