What Are YOU Listening To? - NE Music Thread

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I had heard this before, but then I heard it again just a few days ago, and was just enthralled by the guest mix for John 00 Fleming's Global Trance Grooves podcast. The whole podcast has a lot of great stuff in it (If you're into Electronic/Trance), but the one-hour guest mix with Outsiders is awesome.

Shoulder

For years, I never knew the name of this song, but always loved the melody of it. Finally, I was told of the song:

EDIT: Just as a suggestion for everyone here: Due to the heavy amount of embedded videos in this thread, let's put all future videos in spoiler tags, so the pages load much faster for everyone.

mantisLJD

The Human Metroid
I've been singing these Disturbed lyrics ever since I woke up:

No one knows just what has become of her
Shattered doll, desperate
Oh, so innocent and delicate
But too damn obdurate
And obstinate to let go

Broken down, hurt again, it never ends
Frightened and trembling
Did she fall again? An accident
Her eyes encircled in black again
I can't believe that she's still with him

For how long will you try?
How long until you walk away?
Your facade can't disguise
The fact that you're in misery

Look inside, see what has become of her
Hiding within again
Can she pick herself up again?
It's just too difficult and arduous to let go

Homicide flashes through her mind again
No more pain, take control
If he raises his hand again
She'll find her freedom in killing him
The world will see that she's had enough

From the look in your eyes
I know you bleed internally

For how long will you deny?

From the look in your eyes
I know you bleed internally

Broken down, hurt again
It never ends

Last edited:

Odo

Hey listen don't you let 'em get your mind
Fill your brain with orders and that's not right
They're playing at a game that draws you closer
Till you're living in a world that's ruled by fear

Aki

A$AP Rocky's At. Long. Last. A$AP.

Imo, a stellar sophomore album by A$AP. No sophomore slump here. My only gripe with the album is the amount of features. I like little to moderate features when it comes to rap albums. I'm not against features, it's just that most of the time they feature a bunch of no-namers and while they're solid, I'd rather not have them featured.

Last edited:

Aki

For years, I never knew the name of this song, but always loved the melody of it. Finally, I was told of the song:

EDIT: Just as a suggestion for everyone here: Due to the heavy amount of embedded videos in this thread, let's put all future videos in spoiler tags, so the pages load much faster for everyone.
dude, that was the song of 3rd or 4th grade for me and my friends. they used to play that song all of the time and everyone loved it.

Shoulder

So while I was watching Back To The Future on AMC earlier today, there was this commercial that kept coming on for Warby Parker, and the song in the background just had this very cool rhythm to it:

So I then decided to go and find the actual song, and low and behold, I found it!

Btw, the girl with the pink hair moving her head side to side reciting the chorus, "ba, ba, ba, ba" is rather cute.

Shoulder

Paul Oakenfold - Ready, Steady, Go (Korean mix)

So badass in Collateral, and just as badass listening to it while running.

These rednecks released an entire album of songs based on arcade games....imagine something like that, these days? Some of them are well done and catchy enough, especially when you are in some magical shithole like 'Jakes Arcade', choking on smoke, and the DK machine is five rows deep. ;)
The lyrics act as a loose strategy guide, for those into the original game. Dunno what game is being played, but I'm diggin those graphics! Love the original DK as part of the background, it's like the 90s version is there with his dad. :cool:
Small slice of what it was like to 'be there'....

GaemzDood

Thinking about doing an indie music corner. But I'd put too much or too little effort and I don't imagine I'd get much replies.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk