What Are YOU Listening To? - NE Music Thread

Goodtwin

I didnt want to jump the gun, but after a few weeks of listening to Dr Dre's new album Compton, I must say its reignited my love for rap music. Best album I have heard in years. Ive been listening to it straight through, never feeling the need to skip a track, its that good. This album rivals Eminems most recent album. Its really good.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I didnt want to jump the gun, but after a few weeks of listening to Dr Dre's new album Compton, I must say its reignited my love for rap music. Best album I have heard in years. Ive been listening to it straight through, never feeling the need to skip a track, its that good. This album rivals Eminems most recent album. Its really good.
Been saying it. That freakin album is really great!

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
My personal life has been difficult. I guess there's a reason I have been lead to such old country music. Tonight o went to a Don Williams concert. And his last song hit me like bricks because I feel like I've just been asking for good days and have gotten few.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I had never heard this song beginning to end until this moment (that I remember anyway). Thanks How I Met Your Mother for playing this song, and reminding me of it!

EthanGK

The blunder from down under
Listened to Aladdin Sane, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and Hunky Dory in hype for Blackstar coming out tomorrow. I hope it's as great as the reviews are saying :)

As a few of you know, I recently played through Steamworld Heist, and the music was pretty catchy after boss fights and in bars. Curious, I checked out the people responsible for the music.

Steam Powered Giraffe. So far, I think they're really good.

I read up a bit on them. They were mimes and thought it would be cool to incorporate music. On their site, they have their personas all flesh out. They're robots, one was built in 1896 with a specific power reactor and it's pretty cool how far they're taking it. As a person who did drama in high school, and took a theater arts class with a miming course, I respect the shit out of these people.